Twisted Fate - 06 Psuedo-Hatching

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Twisted Fate - 06 Psuedo-Hatching

Post by Xenoqueen »

Current Deadlines

Biotheurge 06 has bare-bones hatched. Post here or email me when you want your hatchling to grow up!

Abandons Available

Purges Available
Image Image
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 42 times in total.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: squeals and plots ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

*giggles and squeals*

Sooo, the eggs are half dyrmyst, not all dyrmyst, yes? >.>
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Technically they're going to be a breed all their own, since their mother has been working her corruption upon them, but if you think there's anything I should know anyway regarding the dyrmyst input, do please let me know. :3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, it depends on if I can accually take the creature back to Lanse'shri or not...Dark may not have much problem with, neutrality allows all kinds and she has no problem with balefire. However, if the creature is dyrmyst enough, Myrror will have a FIT. If not, it'll be more of a 'Just keep it away from me' due to the balefire.

Of course, if Anathema thinks she can corrupt the eggs enough to get under her mother's radar and accually plant one in her realm >.>
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*hums* ^^ I've been wondering what the heck the red box with the "???" under it was. It reminded me of one of those nasty boss-fights in random games where the boss' HP or name always shows up as "???" and usually means you can't win no matter how strong you are. =P

Distinctly interested! I shall have to plot more with this, hmm.. indeed...
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Myrror wrote:Well, it depends on if I can accually take the creature back to Lanse'shri or not...Dark may not have much problem with, neutrality allows all kinds and she has no problem with balefire. However, if the creature is dyrmyst enough, Myrror will have a FIT. If not, it'll be more of a 'Just keep it away from me' due to the balefire.

Of course, if Anathema thinks she can corrupt the eggs enough to get under her mother's radar and accually plant one in her realm >.>
I suppose there's no harm in saying that the hatchlings will only be known as "balespawn". Between Anathema's corruption and the genetics of whatever the heck the Red Demon is, nobody is going off calling them half-dyrmysts. Anathema wants them to be their own species.

Since you're the one that GAVE me Anathema, I suppose it's really up to YOU if she has ability enough to conceal their dyrmyst origins. XD
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I think the only thing she can't conceal is her dyrmyst origions on herself to other Dalake. (The non shifting Dyrmysts may or may not recognize her as a Dalake, but will definately think there's Something Wrong With Her). Balespawn would be a good name for them. Heck, Myrror might call them that even without knowing their species name >.>;
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O *drools* Must... make... Sistarrist... candidates.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

:P Well, now I understand that red 'up coming clutch preview' in your sig. heh....

oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! *wonders if she'll get a hang over from what she drank 'cause she's sure this is the most I've had in a...well, ever...* eek!
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

hee, didn't have time to read that all, but i did read most of it, and skimmed the rest. >.> sorry, tio wants us to enjoy a last night together.

but this is a perfect opp for me to ask the questions i've been wanting to ask about candidates.

the genesis two clutch at AD, what kind ofcandidates would be good for that? or not good, alternatively. >.> like, preffered candidate types, prefferably in the personality department?

and the same question, but applied to the twisted fate on it's own.

ps, i love this idea. >.> i was wondering when you'd open it since i learned about it.
:3

sorry if someone's asked that. >.>feelingdumb.

-clingsto- and happy grand opening for the twisted fate. :D -offers evilified kittens? :D-
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

DNS wrote:the genesis two clutch at AD, what kind ofcandidates would be good for that? or not good, alternatively. >.> like, preffered candidate types, prefferably in the personality department?
Questions about the AD really ought to be asked in the AD thread to keep things compartmentalized, but basically yautjadragons are good-aligned warriors that look for bonds who can be partners and allies rather than just friends. Genesis Two is a long way off and I'll give more details when it actually goes into a Bay, but until then you're free to poke around Genesis One and see what happened there. X3
DNS wrote:and the same question, but applied to the twisted fate on it's own.
The Fate takes candidates of all kinds. If there are guidelines for a specific clutch, they will be listed on the Egg Cavern page. The only suggestions for the balespawn are "maligned and malicious", and if I don't think a candidate is suitable, I simply won't bond them.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Darn...I'm not sure that "maligned and malicious" describes who I want to send...she's more playful and desctructive.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

:shock:

omigoshNEED. o.o Grah, but I have so much trouble comming up with any kind of evil-like chars. x.x; *leads a sheltered life, apparently* >.>;;

... ... o.o Oh. Oooooooooooh. Nevermind. X3 I have a char for this. *totally sending in one of Morchaint's....... creations* (With Mor being the deity of death/void/coruption on Lliyani.) Wow. Qui is gonna -kill- me, but this is gonna be so fun I think it's well worth any scolding/torture/deth-by-glare. XD!

*dance around* Happy New Year! :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

Myrror wrote:Darn...I'm not sure that "maligned and malicious" describes who I want to send...she's more playful and desctructive.
Well there's going to be more variation than that (be a boring and repetitive batch of kiddies otherwise!) but nonetheless these are not fluffyhappycutesy critters. They're going to range on the darker end of the alignment spectrum for certain. Chaotic neutral with a marked lack of good inclinations at best, to thieve the AD&D term.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, Chaotic Neutral she is, definately. >.>

We'll see if she gets in. If anything, she can stand until she does bond--she definately wants a bond.

I'd start writing if I wasn't so tired, I've already got the story in my head (had it for about a week, accually ^.~)...just one question..where's Mommy gonna be? With the eggs/cavern, or elsewhere?
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Oh. My. God.

That is wicked cool.

Rune-Branding especially caught my attention. Seriously, though, the whole thing is just pure awesomeness. I wondered for a while when the Fate would open... and now I have to track down my darker, more evil-natured muse for character-writing! :D
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Myrror wrote:I'd start writing if I wasn't so tired, I've already got the story in my head (had it for about a week, accually ^.~)...just one question..where's Mommy gonna be? With the eggs/cavern, or elsewhere?
Most definitely, likely being tended to by one or more of her three lackeys.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Also: I am soooooo glad this is being received well. XD I've even already got my first Biotheurgy application~

I know "evil" doesn't get a lot of Nexus screentime nowadays (which is why the Fate is simply morals-free rather than eeeeeeeeevil) but I'm excited to have a place where I can play around with critters without being constrained by Dr. Schroeder's conscience! X3
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Sorry about that; it seemed more convenient to ask everything in one place. but squee. :3 I read everything in detail. Lot of info, but i'm loving it.

For some clutches, not as dark candidates would be permitted? I mean the darker-type clutches, too. >.> I might have trouble scrounging up some malicious characters all the time, since everything in mindspace is neutral and not many people do much in the way of either good or bad, but yeah. >.> I can find some malicious characters, certainly. and neutral strong characters, and the like. ._.
ergh my characters and world are so booring.;-;

One last question, all on the Fate--
I have a candidate in mind, but he's already bonded. Will your current clutch allow for that, or would they rather have someone fresh? and your Tralvisk, this same character is showing quite a bit of interest in the lovelies, but he already has a few pets of his own. Would the Tralvisk be okay with that, or is it a single pet type of thing?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

The sort of candidates a clutch requires will depend entirely on what people send me and ask me to do with their critters, so I can't even make a prediction for you. :) I've gotten two applications so far with critters of neutral or even arguably good bent, but that's only two and there's still a week left for applications come in, and I never know what I'll pick until I've closed submissions.

00 is evilish because, hey, I don't GET to do evil at the Destiny, and I had two really great creatures to work with! But what kinds of clutches will the future hold? I'll let you know when it gets here! XD

For part two, candidates can be pre-bonded, but that first bond better be as complimentary to the clutch as the candidate itself or else your bonder may find itself in the middle of dominance clashes. :P

Finally, when it comes to other animals, tralvisk are like dogs in that regard, too. Some dogs like company, others hate it, and others are indifferent to it. Tralvisk are the same. Thus, since I don't provide a personality with the tralvisk, the end relation between old pets and new will be entirely up to you.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-salutes- thankyou much! :3 -hugs and gnaws on- and twice as much thanks for your patience-- I'm asking dumb questions and only realizing htat later, mostly becuase I'm online and everything has decided to go "HAY LOOK WE PILED UP DURING YOUR HIATUS (lol)", and my brain is fried.

:D but that actually gives me a lot to work with. And I'm going to send you the candidate to get the pet now, so you get to preview him too. >.> His dragon will agree.. i just dunno how grudgingly, which would be fun. and nasty. and really fun. :D

i ramble. Thanks, phoenix.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Haven't had a chance to look around much, but this is really fun, Phe! :D I love those runes, they're gorgeous!

(This is a sort of vain question, so feel free to ignore it if you like, but does the first clutch have kind of stunty-arms in the adult? O_o' I can't tell!)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Naw, they're lanky bipeds. They stretch out quite a bit from that stumpy hatchling. X3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh, woot! XD I'm sorry to sound so superficial, but stumpy limbs look so weird on bipeds, to me at least.

Hey, Phe? What's your minimum requirement for stories? I have an idea for some candidates in a poem-style instead of... what, prose? XD Anyways, I was wondering if you'd accept those types, since they might have a lesser amount of writing than regular stories.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I have no requirement on stories except for "have one". X3 And it "must somehow relate to bonding/sponsoring a creature and should indicate how they got to or will get to the Fate--be it by choice or Choosing."
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure!

That whole idea of being dragged, kicking and screaming, and still bonding is so entertaining. XDD
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

>:3 I wanted to try something new! With all the times I'VE had trouble getting my own candidates to clutches, either having to get them to agree to bonding or deciding to go on their own, I thought it'd be fun and different to have KIDNAPPED bondees! >D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

"But mummee, I don't /want/ a flaming t-rex for my birthday!"

X3 Like any child would be able to say /that/ and mean it!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Iiiiii just had a thought.

I've always wanted to do a batch of griffin-hydras. Gryphydras. I like griffins and I like hydras, but I've never seen them mixed. (Outside of some whorlings I've gotten from Myr.)

So...does anybody have a batch of critters they could submit as Theurge that I could make gryphydras out of? Could just be a griffin and some sort of hydra, or you could throw some other creatures into it as well.... Somebody? Anybody?

Yeah, I could use some of my own critters, but...that just isn't as fun. XD