December Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

December Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Astra (August 06 - Received Shard)
Caesius Draco (July 06 - Received Shiolar)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
DragonFlight (October 06 - Received TyGryph)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Dray (October 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Indigo (September 06 - Received Kayla)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Luna (October 06 - Received DragonFlight)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Silver Midnight (October 06 - Received Jess D)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November 05 - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
TyGryph (October 06 - Received Dray)
Unyko (September 06 - Received Kitsuneko)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
-
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through December 8th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

And hurrah! Everybody turned in their art last month!
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

[About You]
Username: Rachael
Email: ashenpaw (@) gmail.com

[About the Image]
Colors: Reds or Blues or Silvers!
Features: A horn or horns, either reindeer, moose, or ram, with hooves, sentient, non-bonding, with a wicked awesome tail perhaps? Love manes or braids or feathers being woven in - a more equine or even vulpine, possibly deer-like build and/or structure. Able to assume a semi-human or human form. Not needing a bond, being perhaps an independent race rather than the normal dragon seen around these parts or other such dependents.
Species: Err, I suppose the above describes this. Wings would be nifty, too. =D
Theme: Winter, Snowstorm, being snowed in, crisp fresh winter's night (where the sky is never black nor blue), happiness, warmth, warm fire, hot cocoa, hot cider... Heh, somehow that is a theme.
Name: I'd love to name them when I see them, or you name them if struck!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Trying this again, as it's a varied theme. If you want to go with something different, I won't complain though XD

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): anything but pink
Features: see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Mythology - Norse, Greek, Egyptian, something from a myth. Can be a god or goddess, a monster, an idea. I'd prefer not human, but if you really want to, it's up to you
Name: if something fits while you're working on it, let me know, otherwise, I'll name it
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): festive!
Features: colorful wrapping paper/ribbons
Species: whatever, can be small
Element(s): surprise
Theme: presents! holiday!
Name: any
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Mystic Dragon
E-mail: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): white and black
Features: Tim Burton-esque thinness and curly spikes, leathery wings
Species: dragon
Element(s): cold, wintery night
Theme: Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. In light of the upcoming holidays and continuing with my movie theme, I decided to go with an old favourite. Jack O'Lantern is one of the awesomest characters around. :3 So I gotta have a Jack dragon. Go wild with this idea. I've included some reference images below.
Name: Jack, probably. Or something similar to it.

http://z.about.com/d/actionfigures/1/0/ ... 1801th.jpg
http://www.reelcollectibles.co.nz/image ... bxn012.jpg
http://www.poster.net/nightmare-before- ... 700514.jpg
http://images.imvu.com/catalog/images/s ... istmas.jpg
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: Dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme: December is special month for me, so i want a special dragon. :3 Glowies, of the colours grayed purple and slate blue. maybe with some kind of reminder of coming in from the cold and huddling with a loved one in front of the fireplace-- not nessicarily obviously on that hteme, but perhaps in apose, or with some odd lights that remind you of that or something, and that's totally optional. Also totally optional-- use one ofmy power animals (most any animal, so you can ask me on exchange tracker, but the big ones are as follows: Crow, Moth, Armadillo, Cat, Fox, Bat, or Porcupine. Can also be a combination of htose animals, such as back plates or back spines.) Yet again, optional: symbol of one of the following gods/goddesses- (Isis, Bastet, Osiris or Anubis.) And, depending on how you want it to be used in the little mindspace-continium thing, a vertical third eye in the center of the forehead. :3 Those last four are like.. totally optional, so you can ignore them completely or incorperate one or two.. like a salad bar, only not. :D?
I have plans for this creature, IC- If it resonates with me a certain way, the thing will be a son/daughter of the Shaman of Mindspace. :3 otherwise, it will still be incredably significant, but in a different way. :3 whether it does or not is mostly hit or miss, so just do whatever suits you. ^^
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Fuzzy
E-mail: nonanut@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: pretties! Glowies, fluff, gemstones, feathers, pretty body markings, etc. I'd also like to see something Christmas-y, a la pine needles or mistletoe or holly ^ ^ ie, a very prettified dragon with a hint of wintertime wilderness. :x
Species: dragon
Element(s):
Theme: see features
Name: any
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Woo, now that I've got my info all written out, I can sign up! Also Fuzzy, that fella I drew for you finally has a species name and some info. :D

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: visit.the.inferno @gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: I've finally gathered my ideas and named the species I drew for last month's and in the March exchange, the Athiyken: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/athiinfo.html
What I would like is your version of any kind of Athiyken you'd like to draw, at any stage of ascension.
Name: you can or I will
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Phoenix
E-mail: thexenoqueen@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See ref images
Features: Blond hair, theme-applicable features
Species: Any
Element(s): None
Theme: Quest For Glory Fighter, Magic User, or Thief

Lately I've been having a lot of fun replaying an old game series called Quest For Glory, and for lack of any other inspiration or character need, I figured I might as well make an exchange request of it!

My request is that you pick one of the three given character types and make a creature to fit it. Quest For Glory is all about being a hero (well, with many exceptions made for the Thief) so the creature should be designed to excel at its chosen profession!

For color-scheme ideas, I'm including screenshots from the first four of the five games. (The fifth game doesn't have an overall "uniform" look for the characters.) Admittedly they can be rather garish, but I'd like the creature's colors to reflect the look of one of the games. Nostalgia and all that!

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG1.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG2.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG3.gif
http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/rndm/QFG4.gif

Name: Leave it up to me, please!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And ze mails have been sent. Images due by the end of the month!
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Xenoqueen wrote:And ze mails have been sent. Images due by the end of the month!
Phee? Random distribution or not, I just had the happiest email experience from here in a long time. XD Yatta! To the drawing board!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Athiyken, got it :D TY. I've updated meiyr's page appropriately and linked to the species info page. :}
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Meep, I thought it said through the 8th!

Drat. Ah, well
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

You know what, it did, and for some reason I thought today was the 9th. O_o Er. I blame it on going to bed at 3AM, noting it was the 8th, and thinking it would be the 9th when I woke up. D: I'm sorry!

If you want in, I can send you the person that I rolled for myself, and I'll draw for you?
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, if everyone's ok with that, I can dig up an old form (as I usually use the same one over ande over anyway).

I was holding off because I wanted to be sure I could do this, I think I'm feeling well enough to do one little critter ^.^;;

(adding form, just in case)

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): NOT yellow or Green (ie, any other colors are fine), unless it's the eyes.
Features: See theme
Species: Dragonish
Element(s): If you think something may fit, feel free to add
Theme: Fancy! Anything from long feathers and fur to multi-heads/limbs to glowy danglies to whatever. Just have fun!
Name: Either you choose, or I'll randomly give them something
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Heh, this isn't the first time I goofed on the Exchange. I've had to hand off "my" request before. XD I'll go forward it to you now.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

*chuckles* Phe, you also forgot to put who the critter was going to be for.

But I figured it out.

Kayla! I got you!

Since you had done both heaven and reaper, dragon and feline yourself, I decided to do a canine hell Athiyken.

It's your species, and if you find anything wrong (red ink tattoos? Black wouldn't exactly show up well, I wouldn't think ^.^;;;), you could always pretend he's a canine whorling ^.^;;

Hope you like, anyway.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

:O He's absolutely perfect! Just how I'd imagined them to look. And the tattoos are wonderful. :DDD Thanks so much, Myr! *hugs*
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

^.^ Glad you like ^.^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

That's some kickass arts, Myr! :D
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Thanks ^.^

I did want to put in a second pair of wings--but I couldn't figure out how to make it look decent. It was late at night, though ^.^;;
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Shard

I wasn't sure what you had in mind; in fact, this downright sucks. ;-; tell me if you want me to redo, becuase i shall.

for some reason, my drawability died more than it had before. X.x it's a mindspace batty, between 2-3 times the usual size, who will be sentiant. he might also tend to wear ribbon bows and tie pine needle twigs to himself as an adultt oo.

;-; i'll redo if i have the time. Tell me if you want it redone especially, and i'll make the time.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Cute, Nessie! :D
Rachael
Dragon

Mystic!

Post by Rachael »

MYSTIC!

I got you, babe!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White and Black.
Features: Tim Burton-esque thinness and leathery wings
Species: Dragon!
Element(s): Cold, Wintery Night.
Theme: Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.
Name: (You Decided)

He didn't have spines, his face is different, and I don't know if the night was dark enough for you, but that is a version of Jack, in spindliness, and out in the Pumpkin Patch! Which is covered in snow. Because like last Christmas, Santa is Nice.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Aieeeeeeeee! *glomps* XD He's perfect!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeeps - Nessie, that's a PERFECT little giftie dragon!! I saw it up on DA but I wasn't sure whether you'd already put it here! :D

Now I totally want one of those creeping out of a gift under my tree!! (must... get ... tree)

You don't have to redo anything, it's so sweet! *hugs*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

TY, both of you~ :3 andi'mgladyoulike, shard. X.x the batty himself isn't all xmasy, though. ;-;
Treelurker!! :D

PS, that's one sexy draggy, rachael~ :3 i envy teh mystics. and it's little suity thing.
ExchangeTracker
Hatchling

Post by ExchangeTracker »

(Copied by Phe into Exchange Tracker thread)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Guys, please remember to use the Exchange Tracker thread for Exchange Tracker posts.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

MYR!

So rather than go with fancy physical attributes, I decided to go the way of fancy patterns. Drawing inspiration from one of the fanciest of birds, the peacock, with random swirlies thrown in for good measure, I give you...

I imagine it's male since, you know, peacock and all, but otherwise all related info is up to you. :P Hope you approve!