Someone with a pernese dragon template:

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Someone with a pernese dragon template:

Post by DNS »

I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

But I'm now making a list of ALL my characters, most of which are from old pre-nexus roleplays and a lot of whom I want to put on pages.

Most of htem have pernese dragons. Noncanon pernese dragons, of course, btu still pernese dragons. So I'm looking for someone who wouldn't mind making me images for them, or at least some of them. ._. My own pernese template is not one I want to use too much on my dragons, AND it's lost somewhere on my backup CD's anyway. X.x so help would be appreciated.

:3 I'm willing to do quite a few of them through dragon trades. and maybe some access to normal colours would be nice too.

Specifically, i need a black opal dragon, and an iridescant dragon, if anyone owuldn't mind making them-- black opal would be the same sort of effect as a white opal, but on a black background, if that's possible, and iridescant would be like you see on oil.

I also need default ones, like green, blue, brown, etc.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Well, for the default ones, you can feel free to use the Oresteia images if you want, Nessie. I have never been very good with opal and iridescent effects, though...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

;-; yey~ I love the oresteia images. :3 I'll link back to the weyr for all th eones they're used on. -hugglegnaw-

and then i'll leave that trade option open. :3 thankiesthankies.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

The Darkling Dawn images are pretty traditional Pern. The set 1 images are closer, I think the only difference is that they lack the head-knobs, but the set 2 should work, too. If you want them. :)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

If someone else can provide the template, I can do takes on both black opals and iridescence like these:

Image Image
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 that works~ and hmm, now i need to find someone to donate a template, since those effects are hard to do. Can you do them on your own, kitsu? Though i won't ask you to lendthetemplate unless youwantto. >.>
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I could try it; frankly, I've never tried to do effects like those before. If I can't though, I could lend the template to Phe. :D Would you prefer set 1 or set 2? (You've seen both of DD's templates, haven't you?)
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I can donate the Oresteia template... It's not like it's being used for much else right now.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- that I have, kitsu~ :3 I like them both, but set1 might be better for the sake of accuracy.

Also, I have a few more original colours from my roleplays that could use template-- i can list them and you guys can choose if you want to do some, and do only a few? :3 most of them are a LOT easier than what was above, though one is notably more complicated, ifa nyone would lik eto try. you choose what template you get in return-- the ones drawn by other people are off limits, though, sorry.
list is coming
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-Cream, since I don't think shiolar has one of those. this particular one is a hermaphrodite.
-Mirage. (changes colour, but it should prolly be in the "default": Red gradient, from red on the head to pinkish, and with a more abrupt change to white on the tip of the tail, just past the little tail end thingy)
-Topaz
-Amethyst (Grey gradience on head, purple body)
-Mosaic (this is the complicated one. ._. it would require patience. an aquarmarine blue gradience to a turquoise gradience, very bright, with green and cyan spots all over in random swirls or whatever. if no one takes it, i won't blame them an ounce. >.>)
-Star (basically white with patches of other colours, not nessicarily in the shape of stars)
-Lavender
-2-toned bronze (light and dark, where light is and dark is i don't care. More abrupt in the change/changes, though, if possible)
-Illusion (White with very subtle rainbow markings, that shift. /prism?)
-Hemitite (that blackish gray that hemitite has, maybe even a shiney effect? or something)
-"eclipse" (Black with speckles of white along back or vice versa.)
-Purple
-White w/ purple points
-Black w/ red points and red stripes down back
-exceptionally shiney or bright red/blue/green, for sapphire, ruby and emerald respectively.
-Pale silver, for platinum
-A dark, almost-black gray with blue points, perhaps in the shape of fire.
-Black with orange crackly markings
-Siamese/sealpoint
-iridescant bronze

edit- that;s all, i think. ._. holy damn that's a lot of dragons i've gotten over the years. -deathface-

once again, trades available for anyone who wants a dragon or two in return for giving me some of theirs, and if no one wants to do it, including those who promised (-waves to kitsu- :3) they don't have to.

and also, these are just if anyone wants to take them on, cuz I don't /really/ need them~ They were for a themed clutch I gave my own riders.

-Graveyard Gray (Gloomy looking gray, with patches of darker gray in some gloomy pattern, perhaps like tombstones or rain)
-Prison Gray (lighter, warm gray, with vague vertical markings over body, irregular but definite. Not nessicarily stripes. those markings are lighter than the base colour on the back of the body, but are darker on the head, and are particularly visable over the eyes, so it looks like he has irregularly spaced bars over his eyes)

((ALso-- if anyone could donate a template to /me/, I'd appreciate it too. >.> to borrow. So not everyone has to suffer with all of those listed above. o__o))
-Cheshire blue (ring-stripes in lighter and darker blue)
-Acid Green (acidy yellow-green splotched dragon, base darker green)
-Spiderweb Green (Green with spiderweb-like markings on her head and getting larger across neck and maybe back or shoulders.)
-Opium Brown (Brown, richish shade, with grayishbrown, darker hazy markings across body that look like smoke. Yellow cateyes.)

those last ones are ones that might just inspire someone, so if someone wants to do them, that's cool. >.> otherwise, I;ll just wait until i unearth my pernese template in a few months and do them then, cuz they'd be fun. :3 It's just hte iridescant and the opal i'm having trouble with.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Here's what I've got for the irridescent dragon. Does it look alright or should it be paler? I can redo it if you like.

Also, while I'm at it, do you want hatchling and weyrling stages for it?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

ooh, that's perfect! I like. :3 I dun need the hatching and weyrling stages-- it's a perfect illusion. Could you get that effect on a black background?

(and how did you do that? -makes curious noise- I really love it, kitsuneko-- it's perfect for one of my older character's illusion dragons. XP or rather, her only illusion dragon. :3)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

How I did it: Start with a white dragon, put a layer of rainbow colors over it with the gradient tool at about 15-25 percent opacity, smudge. Then use black at 17% opacity to shade for more depth.
I imagine starting out with a black-colored dragon would give me the same overall effect. :)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooh, that's gorgeous, Kitsu! o.o I can just imagine her (or him, whichever works!) shimmering a little in sunlight or something. Very pretty!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nods very fast- yes, exactly. XP that's why she's so perfect-- that's exactly what the illusions were suppose dto do. :3 -hugglegnawsher-
Do you want the links when I get the dragon up, kitsu? :3 Her rider is Inuoh, and I've lost my list of dragon names, so i need to dfig itup again... but yes. :3
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yeah, sure. :)
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-gleeface- aye aye, captian. Might take me a bit, but I shall get her to you. :3
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

If you want I can try a few on Wu template if you want just let me know okay?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 I'd like that, but only if you have the time? I don't want to be a trouble. XP