Flurry 2006 - Delayed (Flight story on the 17th)

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Flurry 2006 - Delayed (Flight story on the 17th)

Post by Dray »

Deadlines
Friday, November 24th - Last Day to Submit Flurry Flight Auditioners
Sunday, November 26th - Announcement of Participants
Sunday, December 17rd - Flight Story Announced, Pairs Announced, Theme and Candidate Rules Announced
Sunday, January 7th - Deadline to Submit Candidates
Sunday, January 24th Hatching Story Announced, Bonded/Sponsored Pairs Announced, Paging Deadlines Announced
Sunday, February 4th - Last Day to Page Dragons

Otherwise known as,

Agate Revives the Flurry!

Read The Preflight Story And Participant Rules!

That's right, there will be a Flurry this year, as Agate & co. have so very generously decided to help Nidus Ryslen run this annual, winter-themed frenzy!

A few things have changed this year because Agate is a hard-ass and, despite the numerous amazing dragons that're out and about the Nexus, he doesn't want to have to deal with fifty pairs. There's only so much room in a castle in the clouds, after all!

Some things to think about when sending in your draconic participant (that's right, you may only send in one this year--and since there will only be a few pairs, but probably with slightly larger sized clutches then usual, your participant may or may not get picked!)

*First and foremost, dragons with less pigmentation will likely be chosen over those with more pigmentation--so a silver dragon would be picked over a white with coloured wings and belly, say, and that coloured-belly/wings white would be chosen over a pastel blue dragon
*Dragons with a heritage of light or white coloured dragons will be taken into account when choosing participants, so a white that came from a predominantly black or colour-toned heritage may not be picked over a long line of whites!
**Dragons that are giveaways may not have as high a chance of participating, as they're 'wildcards' of sorts.
*Dragons with traits rarely seen in the Flurry will be chosen over ones that have popped up fairly often.
*Dragons that are 'evil' or destructive will be turned away, unless you have an extremely, brain-burstingly good reason to give to Agate. He likes shaking things up but only when it's on his terms.

There are exceptions to all of these rules, or course, so your best bet may be to pick your favorite dragon and cross your fingers!

The call for participants will close in TWO WEEKS, or on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd.
You may or may not write a pre-flight story for your participant.

Good luck, everybody! Further updates will occur as time goes on!
Last edited by Dray on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Shame we can only send in one... I'd send Kyttio Ramaya in, but IC'ly, he's not interested in any dragoness that's not Neroine or Serenla...

Actually... from an IC perspective, I don't actually have any dragons I could send, because the vast majority of my white and near white dragons have mates already...

Oh well, maybe next year.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o not even give away types?

T_T" I apologize if it's not what you're looking for, but I figured it'd be great to have a flurry this year while letting Ty rest... sorry if there are different rules but I know my limits and allowing lots and lots of participants would mean that it doesn't get done at all, you dig?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Not any giveaway types that are developed enough to really stand a chance of being considered.

I dig, but it doesn't mean I have to be particularly happy about it, you know? I had been planning on asking Ty's permission to do a Flurry myself this year, but never got the chance to actually ask her about it because of odd online hours and my router blowing up and all kinds of work crap.

So obviously it's doubly irritating from my perspective, coz not only are you doing something that I wanted to do, but I can't even participate in the one you're doing.

I'll just go over there and leave you do your thing. I'm having an irrational evening. Don't mind me.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

I'm just happy there IS a flurry this year.

X3 You doing it is totally a great side benefit, though, Terry. Ho ho ho, pass-around Flurry!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Ty's baby, not mine! I'm just being a good samaritan is all... yes... that's it... >.> <.<

>3 And I have some fun plotty ideas that will work nicely through this. Bua ha haha.

(Also, sent a PM to you, Shi', so let me know what you think? I was unaware that you'd been planning on running it for Ty!)
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Interesting. I don't really have any dragons to send you - none of my pale colored dragons are totally pale or white or what have you - but I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- shio did mention to me a few times that he was planning something~ ah well.

I dunno if i have any white dragonies~ :3 and in any case, i'm only writing stories for candidates, so i think i'll sit on my hands. :3 can't wait to see who gets sent, though~ And I will be tossing you a candidate or five. coff. :3 Whatever the rules call/allow for. -wriggles- flurry~~
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:D Well, if nobody sends in a dragon I have a feeling that it's going to be a very small flurry indeed! Poor Maohai, maybe she is bad luck!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

>.> hmm. maybe I'll break my rules for you, then~ But only if you're still pressed for dragonies at the end of the deadline~ ^^ and ican't promise /too/ much in the way of long lines of white dragons or no giveaway dragons. :3

Edit:
-perks ears- Did I interprite that note at the bottom right? >.> If our dragons get chosen to participate, will we need a story, or not? If not, I'll go digging for one now. :3 If not, that's fine-- I'll just send one if you need one later.
Last edited by DNS on Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Not so much planning on running it as planning on asking Ty's permission if I could, kinda thing. Obviously that didn't actually manage to happen.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

As I...most of my dragons are dark (as that's how I like them), or they're white and tinted, or just plain 'giveaway/wild pedigree'.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

So are you going to be doing all the art, Terter?
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Oh dear, lovey, Isazia is there. Er, applying. At least. Already. Did I do something wrong? Ohshizzle!

Note: Her story's under constant going back and adding more (if you're good at clicking you can see where I'm at) but man...

I'd so love pre-flight interaction with anyone attending.

Oh no, it's totally not because I am an RP whore. Never. N...E...V...A....H........ :: ninja-hides ::
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nessie, You don't at all need to write a story for your participant--not required, just for those people who like to write pre-frenzy stuff! :3 Feel free to send in someone without a story if you like.

Giveaway types won't be outright rejected, Myr', nor will tinted ones! ^_^ Like I said in the first post, there are lots of exceptions to those rules, so if you have someone you'd really like to send, then by all means, please do so!

I've talked with Shiolar and he's volunteered to do some of the art, so if things work out, there may be a couple more clutches then I initially decided on--while I still want to keep the pairings to a low number, there's definitely room for expansion. Why joo ask, Phe? XD Want to send me a PM or something?

Rachael, if you want to organize an RP, feel free to go ahead and do it, but my time schedule right now really doesn't allow for me to start anything like that up! Thanks for the application, though--everything looks good, unless you meant to send in someone else? O.o
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 Oh goodie, that works perfectly, then. I'll go digging, though I seem to have a distinct lack of any sort of white dragons. >.>
I'll send a pair to you later~ and if you want help with anything or such, I offer my services~~ XP I'll leave this to you and shio, though. -wriggles- icannotwait. :3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Yah, but--mostly the giveaways (because just how many interesting pure whites are there out there?...should I even ask that?) if there's a better chance of someone with a longer pedigree getting in, why bother?

And I'd have two I'm eying--one is a giveaway, of my own drawing, AND an Infernal to boot (though not evil, which I need to write her personality sometime, she was purified, soo) with pale tinting, and the other is pure white (mostly), but...has alot of heads.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Ahraosa?! o.o You so totally should send her, Myr XD There is a note for "interesting traits", after all, right? : D
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Her interesting traits include an extra pair of arms, and Dray doesn't LIKE multilimbers (hence the caterpillar dragon I jokenly drew)
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Man, people are being so negative about this thing XD This is for fun, my goodness! If nobody sends anybody, how will a Flurry take place, at all? ^^

Besides, infernals have other interesting traits, and "multilimbed" doesn't have to breed true if Terry's that dead-set against it but likes the spineyness, or shape-shifting-ness, or toothy maw, or bladed tail. And if Shiolar's drawing some of the images, he's the biggest multilimbed artist out there XD If you wanna send her, totally send her : ) Don't let trying to second-guess the artists get in your way.
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Thanks, Gail, you said what I meant to.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I was just curious as to whether Ty herself would be doing any art, cuz one of the things I loved about the past Flurries was her style. That's all. ^^
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

<_> Oh.
I'm sorry, I don't have any news of her doing any. If that turns you off, then there isn't much I can do about it.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 Yey~ And Dray has drawn multiple /headed/ things before? I know it's in her records, and i know she's sent Agate to AAM and she mentioned something about multiheaded xenodragons that she'd wanted one of before~ Of course, i could be remembering wrong.

:3 in anycase, there really aren't all that many pure-coloured bloodlines out there, particularly not interesting ones. >.> I got the feel that it was more a preference than anything, but i could be wrong on that too.

:3 in anycase, I'm sending you January, Dray~ I was hardpressed between him and Erengo, who is mostly white, but inthe end, the glowies win, man. <.< I wish him luck.

will stories be required for candidates?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Send the multi-limbed ones in... I don't mind drawing them, if they get accepted. :)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Was just a curiosity. :P Since the story was on the actual Flurry space, I wondered how much (if anything) she was actually contributing. Since she HAS been so busy, I wasn't actually expecting that she was, but there was no harm in asking. X3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I don't know if I WANT to send her--she's got more going against her than mere extra limbs (ie, the lavender tint, the lack of pedigree, the fact that white Infernals are almost as rare as white Supernals), I'd sooner send Saeneh, accually.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Yay! I'm so happy, Dray! Thank you! This is going to be such fun - hell, I'm motivated to write for once and that in itself is magical (to me) even if I'm in NaNoWriMo (no motivation there, tra~la) and this is just... happiness!

I'm not positively sure, but I have a feeling this is the first Flurry I've sent anyone to audition for to fly... Hmm. Did I send anyone last year? Nope! Yes, I feel great love for this even being... hey, around!

:: sends positive thoughts and love your way ::
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

*casts eyes over dragons* ...I know just who to send! So what if she's more pale blue then white, Elkanei just screams flurry... or something. ^^ I'll send her in when I get access to the internet tonight, I gotta go right now.

Yayflurry! What's christmas without a few traditions? =D
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

^^ Flurry you say? What a nice thing for you and Shi' to do... helping out Ty like this. Now the event lives on but folks who need a break can take one! Whoo hoo!

I never miss a Flurry (ok... maybe the first one) so, hiatus or not, I'll try to find a good auditioner... and send in a candie or two when the clutch rolls around! ^^ seeing this makes me happy!