November Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Speaking of that crash, it's why I was so late to turn this in, DNS :D I'd colored and saved the PSD and went to bed that night and then my PC crashed, so here's a recolor!
--------

True strength only comes from within, with wisdom learned from mistakes, tempered by time. It is not how much energy or words one can sling at a foe or how much damage one's limbs can do to another, rather that internal strength is born slowly over time, like a diamond in the rough, eventually polishing as it tumbles through life into a beautiful diamond brighter than a newborn dawn, seeing us through from first light of day til the darkest hour of night. We glow with our own light by day, attracting that which we send out, and radiate like stars in the evening- singing our songs of the soul, epic tales of what brought us to the us we have become today. For change is only constant in this world, and we do our best to rise to the challenges. Even when we think we have 'failures', we gain something of great importance that will become our allies in the future... that which we make for ourselves and fashion into an amazing new glory... our songs of the soul.

Shunja is the epitome of this: she has been through many hard times and different circumstances and situations, just like each of us here at the Nexus. The people we are today is the culmination of our choices and decisions, which we can change if we're willing to hang in there for the ride. Shunja is an empath; a shaman as well, not only attuned to the cycles of nature around her but of her own internal cycles and feelings. She is also neither distant and detached like winter, nor ponderous and downhearted like autumn, instead choosing to be her own self and springtime. She can use emotion and defensive magic to protect her loved ones, and will only fight out of self-defense, never directly harming others if she can help it. It is said she is the incarnation of a November spirit- a spirit that is neither the slow ending of autumn, nor the frigid stasis of winter, but both- but unlike other November spirits she radiates with the hope and internal beauty knowing that the new rebirth of spring and ecstasy of summer is just around the corner...

Name: Shunja ("shun-jah")
Height: 9' tall
Species: November Spirit (draconic form)

I hope you find your November guardian suitable ^^ {cuddle!}
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-GURGLES IN GLEE- -huggnawcling- thankyou!

She's PERFECT. absolutely completely perfect! Concept wise, she's bloody amazing-- much more detailed than i'd originally thought, and she works perfectly for what i wanted-- a november guardian. :3 -clings to- thankyuthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! And her background/whatever is niftykeen too. :3 -gnawgnawgnaw- perfectperfect!! thankyouthankyou.

-glee- I'm actually making little noises, and my brother is giving me this look like he's wondering what i'm on. >.>

and, as always, the art is amazing. :3 you're amazingly good with colours, particualrly with mixing colours and whites, you know that? :3 SHE'S FUZZY, too. I likes teh floof! and the shading is amazing, as are all the colours and gwee! XP And I'm looking at it on my mom's crappy LCD screen, so I Can just imagine how badass it's going to be when i get home. :3 -gnawcling- thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. Perfect thing to hop on nexus and see first thing in the "morning." -happy wriggle-

(PS: I'm sorry you had to colour it twice! ;-; that would've killed me in the brain. -gives a kitten to make up for it?- computers can be such assholes sometimes.)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

^ ___ ^ !! {cackles happily} I'm soo glad you like ^^ I was cranky about it for all of two days before I decided to hurry up and get it over with before November flew by without a guardian ^ ^

Ya know, I've never seen a kitten physically before. Webcam's the closest I ever got and I nearly spazzed myself to death from the cute overload. X3

Meow? She has a background? XD Her mane is patterned to have snowflakes or stars (either works!) in 'em ^^ She's a solar interplanetary traveler (I think I forgot to mention that). I'd read the description and then she just poofed up and I *had* to draw her right away. ^ ^

{cuddles} Merry november! (and thanksgiving. X3 TURKEYPUMPKINPIESTUFFINGyum.. {can't wait}).

Edit: and the orb she's holding is a communication crystal so she can teleport through to wherever you are and talk to you with it if need be.

Edit 2: :3 Nah, it was a virus that infected my core windows files. ^^*

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I believe by "background" DNS means the history/description you gave her. X3 Not a picture-background.

Also: pretties! <3
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

oh! XD Whoops. My bad! *groggies!* I have no idea where all that came from, really. X3 It just came out when I'd drawn her head!

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

dun worry about it. >.> i do that all the time. particularly recently, since i've discovered this absolutely beautiful and distracting pokemon emulator/rom thingum. -drools- teddiursa must die!

ahem. :3 you've never seen a kitten before? GOTOTHEPETSHOP. now. I COMMAND YOU. or to thehumane society, but i always feel horrible whenever i visit the humane society.
(or actually, you might not want to do either if you have a tendency to bring animals home every time you visit such places-- >.> like i do.) if you see one irl, you will DIE AT TEH FLUFFY CUTENESS. and they MEWL at you. it isn't so endearing when they're only like.. three weeks old and crap intestinal parsites on you, though. :3 which is why working for a vet is not all fun.

ahem.

and ooh, solar interplanetary traveler, and communication orbs? that's badass. XP I can't see the patterns on this computer, but I assume i'll be able to on my own, when the contrast is not so screwed up that i can only see like.. 6 shades for each colour. -punts computer- :3

thanksagain, fuzzy. XP
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I totally agree here - get your butt to a pet store. Or the local humane society or animal shelter. You will just MELT.

Kittens are my weakness.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

XD But then I won't be able to tear myself away from 'em!

... XDD *dies laughing at the intestinal bit* Wow.

X33 Seriously though, I'm a hardcore rodent person. <3>.< And smaller pet shops don't carry kitties/puppies.

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Shard! I got you
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): browns, oranges, fall colors
Features: any
Species: gryphon or dragon with horns
Element(s): fall, leaves turning
Theme: pretty leaves
Name: decide for me?
I had fun with this little guy. He is the color of autumn leaves, he's not a huge dragon, but he thinks he is! You can, of course, change any of the info to suit yourself XD

Name: Taeng
Species: Autumn Dragon
Size: 4' at the shoulder, 12' from nose to tail
Abilities: Verbal speech, teleportation, chameleon, multiple lives
Personality: Easy-going, home-loving, has a little bit of a Napoleon-complex, active, and a bit hyper at times
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, Jess! That's gorgeous! :D I just love that body-shape! ^_^ The colours, too!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oooh he's a cutie!! Multiple lives, eh, that sounds fun :) Thank you so much!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Dray: Thank you!

Shard: You're welcome! I'm glad you like him :) He was fun to work with
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Shadow wrote:I
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, wintery colors
Features: One head/tail, two wings and four limbs plz
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Ice
Theme: Winter
Name: decide when seen

I got you! :) I was watching the dog show today and was inspired. :)

I hope this is wintery enough, it looks like a male to me, but that's just me. Enjoy!

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

She looks female to me and she's GOERGOUS!!! (sp?) I love her. Thanks.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Excellent ;) Whatever details you want you can create for her.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Fuzzy!

Firstly, I'll confess. I used something as close to a template as I get. I originally drew it in the March exchange for Sargon (here), but I think she disappeared shortly after and never saw him. I really liked that particular style, and wanted to see more out in the nexus so... here ya go! :D

He's a male, but other than that, any traits are all up to you! But, if you'd like him to be of the same "type" as the first, I'd say he has mostly light or healing based powers, and, in my mind, acts as the tour guide after souls have been judged good enough to get into heaven. Of course you don't have to use this if you don't want to.

One definate thing about his species however, is that if he were to have offspring, he will see to it that they receive a ritual tattoo partially similar to the ones he has, and will most likely do the tattooing himself.

And, finally! I actually ended up drawing two dragons for this exchange. At work last night I was doodling and came up with this guy, but I had already finished coloring and scanned the first. So, you have two options. Keep the first guy and I'll do a cleaner, better and colored version of the second, or just keep the first only. Do keep in mind, it may take me a week or two if you want one of the second. It's crunch time at school and until the 15th I won't have time to do anything but writewritewrite papers. x_x

Anyway, I hope you enjoy him. ^^
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

*goes wide-eyed and points at the screen* SKREET! <3 omgomg.

ORANGE! And white and black and fuzzy and Eeeeeeeeeee! {bouncebounceJOY} you just made my week. XD (I've been sick all week! I'm finally better today!). And he's got a horn ring! With *feathers!* XD I lvoe him! TYTYTYTY *bouncebouncebounceHUG!* I'm keepin' im :D And I love the wee backstory *glomp!*

Thank you thank you thank you! X3 {joy!}

http://bonding.nonanut.com/meiyr.html

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Aaaaand, closed!