November Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

XD Phe, I just read your LJ post. Hee hee... I promise I'll never ask for another V dragon. I didn't know he'd been driving you so crazy!

*hugs him*

You rock, by the way.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh, Heavens, the only thing that was driving me crazy was my own unproductivity and guilt with him. ^_^;;; So the "I'm free!" was totally in regards to my conscience and nothing more! XD

But he's done and you like him, so all is well. ^___^
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

... X3 As I stand entirely confused in regards to that whole bit. XD *clueless joy!*

Anywho! ^___^ here be my signup!:

Username: Fuzzy
E-mail: nonanut@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: glowies, pretties, shinies, anything 'fancy' ;) I'm in a fancy-dragon kick so I can make pretty kids. X3
Species: dragon
Element(s): any
Theme: see features
Name: any
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Well, I'll try last months again! It's pretty wide, so I doubt I'll have too much overlap!

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): anything but pink
Features: see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Mythology - Norse, Greek, Egyptian, something from a myth. Can be a god or goddess, a monster, an idea. I'd prefer not human, but if you really want to, it's up to you
Name: if something fits while you're working on it, let me know, otherwise, I'll name it
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Against my better judgement...
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: visit.the.inferno@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): dark shades of blue, red, maybe some silver
Features: Always a fan of horns, multiple limbs/wings, tattoos or other tribal markings, etc.
Species: draconic, or dragon-like
Element(s): Darkness?
Theme: My basic request is for a blind dragon with a unique way of "seeing". I'm largely basing this idea on Toph from Avatar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toph
She uses earthbending to "see" the world around her. You can use this idea, or something more common like echolocation if you'd like, OR come up with your own! My only request is that the dragon be blind.
Name: You pick or I can
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

HAY FUZZ-BUTT!
^_^ Hee... sorry. I've always wanted to call someone that. Anyway, your request is finally done! Yaaaaay! I'm not sure if it's what you wanted, but I just got this image in my head when I heard that song and couldn't shake it. And that image was blue.

He can fly too. There are thrusters on his back that are wired into his braaaaaaaain.... Here's a quick sketch I did of them.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Re: November Dragon Exchange - Signups to Nov. 8th

Post by Cacopheny »

Iiiiii haaaaaaaave giiiiiftiiiiiies! : D I got inspired by a few of the volunteer image options.... XD

First up... DRAGONFLIGHT!
~ABOUT YOU~
~ABOUT IMAGE~
Color(s): White and blue
Species: Sema Riihan (Kynnese Moon Dragon)
Element(s): Water
Name: I'll name it!

I don't know why I keep drawing things with fins... I hate shading them.... XD But I do love the way his head-fins look : ) For some reason I keep thinking he's a biologist.... XD But I dunno if those exist on Kynn :: laughs :: I hope I did your species justice, DF ^^

Next up... TERRY-CHAAAAAAAN!
~ABOUT YOU~
Color(s): Deep brown; reds; golds, rich yellows (spanish-orange, check XD )
Features: back tentacles, lithe more than long-limbed (I ran out of room on the page for longer limbs >.> ), feline-like, no wings
Species: Feline Construct
Element(s): Emotion amplifier
Name: Used to be something like Construct Twenty-Six, but I'm sure she's picked her own name by now : )

I totally have a back-story for this lady XD You don't have to use it, but... dangit, it's cool, and I totally wanna make a few more of 'em XD

She's one of a small number of her kind, all of which were created by a specific magical enterprise on a single world, for specific purposes. This particular species, the feline constructs, were created largely for their psionic-magic abilities. They're color coded by their tentacle-stripe colors: red means amplification of emotion. So this lady is empathic enough to sense emotions around her, and has the ability to then amplify them, whether to normal levels, extreme levels, and unhealthy obsession levels. The effect doesn't last long unless the person actively latches onto the heightened emotion and runs with it; otherwise it fades a couple hours after she leaves their presence or stops actively amplifying. She is so good at this amplification that she can pick out a single emotion from a mix of them within a given person and only amplify that emotion, or amplify a single emotion in a whole crowd.

Because she and her kind were enslaved, as creations, and deployed often as weapons, spies, and even blackmail devices, when she escaped, she was very bitter. She loves having her freedom, and having the freedom to control not only herself but whoever around her is open to her emotional manipulation. Due to her own bitterness, anger, and cynicism, she is drawn more towards darker manipulation and darker emotions than lighter, brighter ones.

Other abilities include simple telepathy, non-manipulative, and verbal speech. Her tentacles are pretty dexterous, though not as dexterous as a human hand. Those "fingers" on the end are more like tiny tentacles than actual fingers, and so can only "grasp" each their own rather than working in tandem like fingers would. She is, of course, of human-level intelligence.

How she escaped and got into the Nexus is entirely up to you : ) Species-wise, mating and offspring is entirely uncertain (as in: if you want her to have kittens or lay eggs, hey, whatever; if you want the offspring to be two or ten at a time, I'm cool with it) because they were never allowed to mate in captivity. She's only about four and a half feet tall at the shoulder, and her face is more leonine than housecat-ish. She's not entirely furry, only bearing fur where you see the gold there, the rest of her being a thick, leathery sort of skin, a kind of natural protection.

... so yes. With your permission, if you use this whole storyline-thing, I'd love to be able to use this species again : D I hope you like her and she fits your needs!
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Hey, does this mean I can sign up or do I have to wait another month?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Since we completed our images in this month, you and me have to wait until next month before we can sign up again. :P
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I haven't seen Phe's post saying this is closed. It hope it's still open.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo . com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, wintery colors
Features: One head/tail, two wings and four limbs plz
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Ice
Theme: Winter
Name: decide when seen
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Holy krap, Caco! O__________O He's awesome! :D :D :D Thanks! ^___^
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Holy carpfish! XD She's awesome, Gail! :D I love the backstory... I'll have to get her up right away! :3 :3 :3 Thanks for the giftie! ^_________^ She's really pretty!

(+love for the leonine face, too. X3 After going tot he zoo and seeing how they actually look, I'm in love with that kind of face-shape.)
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Heee, yer welcome, both of you : D I'm really gladja like ^^
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

*blink. Snrk. CACKLE!* Oh man, I can totally picture this guy flying around to that song and going crazy. XDD And he's bluuuue~ (vanilla) >D (trivia: blue vanilla slushes are my favorite).

I am *so* gonna have fun with this. XDD Thank you thank you holy crap *snicker!!* X333 {hugs!}

PS: I've been called that before in public (ie: mall) and boy does it attract WTF looks. X3

PPS: TYTY! X33 *glomp!*

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

^_^ So glad you like him! I'm not entirely pleased with the shading job, but it's been a while since I've tried my hand at that. It'll take some relearning before I feel competent again.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

X3 Nono, I like the shading. ^^ It gave a slick feel to 'im. {bounces}

He's now up at: http://bonding.nonanut.com/amantha.html !

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

The mails have been sent, and images are due by November 30th!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

JessD!

I made the mistake of getting bored in class with my friend, who is REALLY good at watercolour (observe!), and deciding to practice watercolour.. on my exchange dragon template.
I'm bad at watercolour, and this is my third time actually using it. X.x my scanner did not eat it TOO badly, but I couldn't effectively make it transparent. I tried, and it managed to take whole chunks out of hte image. I've included the link to that version underneath the main one.
And becuase it's crappy and expiremental, adn your theme inspired me (J'adore mythology!) I'm willing to make you one or two more-- and this time i'll try to avoid the watercolour. >.>

Transparent

Mostly egyptian-- pheonix wings, which i think is egyptian, anubis-like body, and an ankh. ._. i'm so creative. -deathface-

the horns are supposed to be ram horns~ and the face was supposed to be a ram face, too, but i forgot. >.> rams were big in egypt, for fertility.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Shiolar!!
Shiolar wrote:~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, light blue, silver
Features: Flooff
Species: Dragon or dragontaur
Element(s): Ice
Theme: Winter! I had ice on my car yesterday morning, which means winter is here. Therefore, some celebration is required. So I'd like a nice wintery, icey, snowy kind of dragon. With flooff (to help it keep warm in all this lovely cold weather), but other features are totally up to you.
Name: Any
Heard about your publisher. Congrats on that. I got your dragon-taur done. I hope you like 'em. ._.

Rainbow feet and e's carrying snowballs!! XD Hope that's enough "Flooff" for ya.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heeeee! Snowballs!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Ooooh, that's very cool looking Shadow. Thankies.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Ooo, he's pretty. Thank you! The water color looks fine, and the colors are nice. I guessed ram horns first thing, so they are what they were intended to be :) But I think I prefer the face the way it is XD
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

XD Glad I wasn't the only one who went "ANUBISDRAGON!" when I first read that entry. (then again, my patron is Anubis, sooo...)

PS: watercolor dragon *___*;;; gorgeous job.

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

>.> watercolours hate me. yet they're so addictive. -finds self watercolouring random things- and :3 yay, someone recognised it~~ XP and yay for patrons being anubis~ I'm more of a bast-girl myself, but I do loves the Anubis. :3
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Kayla!

I dunno if this was quite what you're looking for. I'm not really an anime fan, so my attempts at a Toph-dragon kind of failed...

But:

This dragon doesn't actually have any eyes, although admittedly you can't see that since his face is covered with fuzz. What he DOES have is four legs, but you can't see those either...

While he can't see the world around him visually, he does have the ability to sense things around him using his very sensitive nose. Just by smelling around him, he knows pretty much where everything is, although mostly living things; by smelling them, he knows where they are and how long they've been there, and if he can also tell if someone else has been in his immediate vicinity any time over the last few hours.

He also has the ability to use echolocation for dealing with inanimate objects; he shakes his tail, sending sound shockwaves through the air, which he can pick up with those ears of his (long ears aren't just for fun this time!)

Obviously, he has no head for colours at all, being completely unable to see them, but he makes up for that with perfect understanding of the geometry and physical make up of things around him. Between his sense of smell and his echolocation, he always knows what state of health other living things are in, too.

He looks male to me, but you can go with any gender you like. And it was hard using shades of blue, red and silver without ending up looking like I was trying to be patriotic. Hence the slightly pinkish tinge to the red.

This is also the last image I ever intend to draw for the Nexus.

Enjoy.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

:DDD He's absolutely perfect, Shi'! It didn't have to specifically be Toph, she's just sadly the only blind anime character with a different way of seeing I could think of off the top of my head. ^^;

But he's still exactly what I was looking for. ^__^ I wish you good luck on your publishing! *hugs* Thank you. <3
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD That pompom-tail is the best thing ever. Shaggy head-hair, too, yay! Kudos, as usual, Shiolar. :)
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

why's it the last you'll ever draw for the nexus? :< You're good!

Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Yeah, but as I said in my absence post, I'm leaving. I have a story idea and the ability to get it published. I probably could balance novel-writing and Nexus time, but trying to do too many things at once means doing none of them well...
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

That's what I get for my PC crashing and being PC-less for a week >_<

{hugs} hope everything goes good for you then ^w^