November Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

November Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Astra (August 06 - Received Shard)
Caesius Draco (July 06 - Received Shiolar)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
DragonFlight (October 06 - Received TyGryph)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Dray (October 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Indigo (September 06 - Received Kayla)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Luna (October 06 - Received DragonFlight)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Silver Midnight (October 06 - Received Jess D)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November 05 - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
TyGryph (October 06 - Received Dray)
Unyko (September 06 - Received Kitsuneko)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
Mystic
Phoenix
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through November 8th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: CacophenyAngel
E-mail: cacopheny @ gmail . com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you
Species: Preferably something that already exists, or can be said to be a hybrid of species that already exist, though I prefer the former. Doesn't even have to be a dragon if you don't want it to be XD
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Same as usual, lately... I have a song that I think would make an interesting villain (or, at least, antagonist), and I'd like a character to go with it. The song is "In a Dark Place", by Gary Numan, and can be found here: http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/GaryNuman-DarkPlace.mp3 . I expect you might want to look up the lyrics, too... he mumbles >.>
Name: Up to you
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DragonFlight
E-mail: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net

~ABOUT IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: See theme
Species: Sema Riihan (Kynnese Moon Dragon)
Element(s): See theme

Theme: Same as last month!
I'd like someone to draw for me a Sema Riihan - a Kynnese Moon Dragon. They have appeared in three exchanges (by me, at least) so far - Xalia, Sargon, and Indigo (that one was July and has links to the other two). A Sema Riihan is a small (like anywhere between 6 and 10ft tall, to the top of the head while standing upright) bipedal dragon native to Kynn's moons. They are 'descended' from Kynn's eight elements (Earth, Air/Wind, Water/Ice, Fire, Lightning/Storm, Spirit, Shadow, and Light) and each type looks a little different, though they have the same basic body structure. Males and females tend to look relatively similar (no physical differences).
They come in all colors and patterns, regardless of 'element'. They rarely, if ever, wear full clothing, but bits of decoration aren't uncommon (see previous images for examples), so go wild!
Reference images can be located in this directory - please excuse the icky quality. :D
http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/SemaRiihan/
If you need any clarification at all, just ask! :D

Name: I'll name it!
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: dray
E-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black/grey/deep brown; dark, rich reds; golds, rich yellows or spanish-orange (yellow orange) (;_; No purple, pleeeease.)
Features: back/tail tentacles! XD long-limbed, feline-like if possible, no wings please.
Species: Anything draconic/chimaeric, non-anthro please (unless you want to draw something with a humanoid face, in which case I would be happy to take it. XD I just don't like animal-muzzles on human-bodies.)
Element(s): Emotion-controller, especially those aspects that can have a negative impact on a person like rage or too-strong lust or fear, or sorrow
Theme: Chi (especially the manipulation thereof), halloween, or if you're weird like me, something more mature can work. X3
Name: Feel free to leave blank if you like, but if you have a good name then I'll take it!
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): anything but pink
Features: see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Mythology - Norse, Greek, Egyptian, something from a myth. Can be a god or goddess, a monster, an idea. I'd prefer not human, but if you really want to, it's up to you
Name: if something fits while you're working on it, let me know, otherwise, I'll name it
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: TyGryph
E-mail: ryslen_red@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Theme: Your Favorite.

Most of us here in the Nexus have our own agencies and our own style/breed of creatures.... and there are a lot I just don't have yet.

So my request this month is for one of the dragons (default phrasing. Non-dragons are just as welcome!) from your place, in your favorite color(s). If you've got more than one type, go with your favorite Smile If your favorite type in your favorite color is too rare to "just give out" then go with your second or third favorite.

((If your agency is primarily a hybridizing place, your options are pretty much open... You could 'breed' your two favorite dragons, or splice together one with all your favorite traits... or whatever you think up. I'm totally cool with you making a sibling for yourself if you go this route, and equally cool with you making a full clutch out of it... But you don't have to.))

I will most likely need information about them, so if you don't have a page you can readily link to, please be prepared for a metric ton of questions.
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): //
Features: //
Species: //
Element(s): //
Theme: Strength. November is an interestng month for me, and it makes me uneasy-- so whatever represents strength to you. :D a protector of sorts. can already exist, or it may not. And keep in mind this does not always have to be physical, brute strength-- magical and, most importantly, emotional strength/protection is what i'm going for. so maybe inner strength?
in the end, it's up to you.
Name: //
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, light blue, silver
Features: Flooff
Species: Dragon or dragontaur
Element(s): Ice
Theme: Winter! I had ice on my car yesterday morning, which means winter is here. Therefore, some celebration is required. So I'd like a nice wintery, icey, snowy kind of dragon. With flooff (to help it keep warm in all this lovely cold weather), but other features are totally up to you.
Name: Any
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): browns, oranges, fall colors
Features: any
Species: gryphon or dragon with horns
Element(s): fall, leaves turning
Theme: pretty leaves :)
Name: decide for me? :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Oh My Gawd Get Mystic In Here

Post by Xenoqueen »

Verily I am vexed, vivacious veteran of trades that I am, that my vision and verve did vanish and go vacant for such a vast vacation. I venture to call myself a varlet most vainglorious, and hope you have not vowed to voice a vendetta upon this vegetative vagrant. So, having vied with myself and vested in this vernacular, I vehemently vociferate, "Voilà!", end this vaudeville, and invite you to view your V.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

O__________o Wow.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

That turned out gorgeous, Phe XD
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:OOO Phe, you win!
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

:O That is Awesome.
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

A victory so vastly vaulted--::coughHACK::

Ahem.

That is to say: thankee! ^__________^

::goes back to fretting around and lurking for sight of Mystic XD::
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O Oh my gawwwwwwwwd! *faints*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ::gleewriggle::

(I think I used enough V-words to last a whole month up there. XD)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

XD XD XD Phe I love you sooooooooo much right now! You are AMAZING! He was well worth the wait.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Fweeeee, Isoglad. <3 You're veryveryvery welcome. <3
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

heh heh I just watched that movie a couple nights ago... I remember when I saw it in the theaters I didn't much care for it, as I don't really like it when movies are political, but watching it again I thought it was really good. Yeah. Random off tangent. And yes, I'm still working on my image for the exchange ... months ... ago, I am just uber uninspired. Not to mention busy. Blah.
ImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh, right. And my little brother wanted me to scan this for you, too. He was REALLY enamoured of the idea of you getting a dragon of a character you loved, so he was watching me on the computer and trying to duplicate me. And he totally wanted me to scan it for you, so, just as a giggle, here it is. X3 The V-dragon as drawn by my 10-year-old brother Colin!

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sign that boy up here! :D hee! That's adorable, and shows a lot of promise!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I second that. XP he can really draw, for a 10 year old.

:3 and i've been staring at the v dragon since you put it up. ^^ I loves it, yeys. though i am blasphemous and have yet to actually see the movie. >.>
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Its good. You would like it. And your brother has a lot of talent, that's uber-cute ^_^
ImageImageImage
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Ieeeeeee! That's adorable! XD Oh, can I keep that too? Please? V needs fanart!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

X3 X3 X3 X3 Sure! I'll make sure to show him this thread tomorrow. He'll be so pleased that people--Mystic especially--like it. :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

X_X" Gail, I apologize for being so slow with your dragon-creature-thing! X__________________O" This is going to take me forever to do at the rate I'm going. I know it's probably not what you were hoping for, but you gave a song to go by and I'm the kind of person who tends to absorb the tone of the music instead of listening to the words. When I did look up the words, they only reinforced my preconceived idea of something monstrous, Silent Hill-like. >_>""" So just so you know, the creature below isn't just a mindless killy thingy, it'll have a story behind it. I'm just really slow at the whole colouring-process:

The grey-bits are just parts I haven't coloured in yet. Coloured bits still need more light/shadow; right now they're cloned-chunks from monster-images, because I really like the texture from the Silent Hill monsters and wanted to get that feel across.

X_O Oh my god I'm babbling. Anyways, as soon's I finish this I'll write a backstory up for you, because there /is/ one in my head but graarg, I didn't expect this to take so long! >_O"""

Also, Phe, your brother ought to go to art school when he's at that age. X333 Keep him at the arting, he'll be great![/list]
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Wow o.o That's... wow XD Talk about detailed! Take yer time, chica, it looks like you'll need it :: laughs ::

I'm all curious about the backstory now : )
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Dray, that thing is nifty keen. it looks AWESOME. and creepy. the silent hill fangirl in me is squeeling at it and writhing in envy of cacopheny. XP
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Silent Hiiiiiiiillllll! XD Oh my GAWD, Dray, that is going to be so awesome! ::can't WAIT to see it finished::
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

XD XD XD I'm still working on his story (which I had hoped to finish for the AD clutch that just closed) but I'll get the stats page link to you as soon as I can. *hugs her V's.*

And Dray, DAMN is that cool!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Aw, Mystic, that clutch ain't closed until 10pm tonight (Eastern time) ^^ You've still got time.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

XD Yeah, but I also still have an essay to write and a midterm to study for. And that's just this week! Plus I really like this story so I don't want to half-ass it. He'll go to the AD irregardless, but it just won't be for this clutch.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

XD You mean I'm actually going to GET the V-dragon? Wow! ::wriggles::
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

^_^ Well, he's coming in a group of three. Whoever can guess who the other two are gets a cookie! (but not really)

One's going to Dray for (hopefully) the big group of five clutches, and the other two'll sit at the AD until there's proper clutches for them.