Missed Bdays?

Happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo... full of dragons! Come let us know it's your birthday!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Missed Bdays?

Post by StarFyre »

Yeah, I know I wasn't here for most, if not almost all, of this year, so here's a random shoutout if you want something from me.

I'm thinking (for now at least) to make the Alaiskya my specific bday image, since I really like it and, well... I doubt there'll be a clutch of them at any point in the near future.

That's an example of one of these babies, though I doubt anyone will get him (the template is slightly messed up for him... and besides, he's one of those rare males =P and I like how he came out, even with the messed up template).

Basically, the way I'll work this is, if you want one, tell me when your birthday was, then chose a number between 1 and 20 (or let me pick and I'll just roll a 20 sided die to decide).

Don't worry about chosing the same number as someone else, every time a number gets chosen, the set that was associated with that number gets tossed and a new set generated in its place.

The complete info on these guys will be posted by next week, if not much earlier than that (since all it'll take is for me to create the html for the page then upload it and link it into the rest of the Akelara library).
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Ooh! Pretty pretty!

Birthday: February 15
Number: Random please :D
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:D yay! Birthday!

that image is HOT, btw. ;-; i want to hug it.

birthday: july 13th
random number: 13~
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Ooh, prettyness! I'd love one of those. ^^

Birthday: April 7
Random Number: 20!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Kitsuneko! I present to you...

This young man! (yes, my die apparanently likes you. Out of twenty potential numbers, only six rolled male. You just got one of those six.)

Name: up to you
Race: Alaiskya
Size: Medium
Powers:
Ice magic: 8
Protection magic: 2
Storm magic: 9

Note that, since he's a male, it's really unusual to see him out in the world -- normally the Alaiskya protect and shelter their males nie religiously. That whole "women and children first" deal for us? Well, it's "men and children first" for them.

Maybe he wanted to get away from that, and that's why he's out and about. Or he's from one of the more "relaxed" clans that let their males wander a bit. Either way, he's probably a sheltered boy and "oohing" over the strange creatures in the universe as he goes along exploring.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Boythday: April 24
Random Numbah: 8
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Gorgeous as is!! :D

Birthday: July 27
Random Number: 9
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

DNS! Maybe this little girl will make your week a little brighter yet?

Powers:
Void magic: 8
Shapeshifting: 3
Protection magic: 6

Some notes about her magic: "Void magic" involves, well.. the void -- the otherrealm. For my Myrsilkains, the Void is what they teleport through to go places, and there are actually Void Myrsilkains, though they're rare and... rarely ever bond. But anyway!

Her shapeshifting is fairly low, meaning that she can't make herself look purely human (or purely anything else) but she can choose features, such as being humanoid in shape, but still resembling an Alaiskya.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Oh goodness, he is gorgeous! I love those shades of blue. *pats*

I can't wait to see the complete information page... otherwise I was going to pester you for more data on them. *chuckles lightly*

Birthday: April 14th
Number: Random. Keilin likes d20s.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Starburst! I have a girl here who's decided you look like a prime target to go home with. Have fun!

Size: Medium-large
Powers:
Void magic: 3
Wood magic: 5
Light magic: 8

StarFyre likes templates that cooperate. They make life so easy.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray! Watch you don't get pounced by this shadowy lady!

Size: Medium-small
Powers:
Shadow magic: 8
Solar magic: 6
Animal magic: 3

Notes: Animal magic is sort of like... animal empathy/telepathy. She has a connection with animals, basically, and can learn (small) things from them.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous Starfyre! ^__________^ I love her, thank you!

Are there any naming conventions that we may follow, if we'd like? :D *hugs her tight*

I have a question about the ridge that runs down their spine. Is that a fin along the back, or fur, or something else?
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Ooo, pretties!

Birthday: September 4th!
Number: 9

:D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Ooh, spiffy! *hugs her male*
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard! A young male has slipped loose and decided you look the likeliest to show him new and interesting things!

Powers:
Ice magic: 11
Shapeshifting: 4
Astral magic: 3

"Astral magic" can translate sort of along the lines of "celestial" -- having to do with the heavens, stars, and so on.

And, heck, for all I know, this guy might be related to the one up top that I'm keeping -- they have the same markings on paws and muzzle at least. But that's up to you.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

These guys are gorgeous!

Birthday: May 20
Number: 4
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dray: The ridge that runs along the spine is a fin, but it's incredibly soft to the touch (think velvet) and is fairly flexible. They can lower it (slightly) to reflect mood if they want to.

As for naming conventions you guys can use, the Alaiskya recognize and occasionally still use an ancient naming system of their race, where children have a suffix depending upon which clutch they hatched from, along with a last name derived from the combination of their parents' first names. Clutch suffixes are based upon the clutch count of the father, not the mother.

First clutch: 'ta
Second: 'rua
Third: 'toi
Fourth: 'hani
Fifth: 'ima
Sixth: 'tau
Seventh: 'hitu
Eighth: 'eyii
Nineth: 'nayii
Tenth: 'desii

From there it tends to cycle back -- Eleventh would be 'desiita, 12th would be 'desiirua, and so on. 15th drops the third "i" so it's just 'desiima, that pattern stays through the rest of the set (25, 35, 45, etc).

Twentieth: 'vetii
30th: 'terii
40th: 'cetii
50th: 'cenii

If you want last names, I can go through and hand you names for the parents and the resulting name that would be pulled from them.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I would LOVE to have a last name for mine, and I wouldn't mind him being related to the original up there. They're lovely!! Thank you!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Keilin! Geez, what is it with my d20 liking you folks? I wish it was this nice to me! In any case, you have now been staked out as the perfect person by this outgoing young male.

Powers:
Solar magic: 5
Astral magic: 2
Storm magic: 8
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Same with me--if you'd like to pick a last name (And parent-names if they're applicable) I'd love that, so I have something to fill my pedigree in with!)
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Heyhey, could you hand me a last name for my pretty? (She's gorgeous, by the way. I'll be sure to do something with her.)
Molly
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Oh wow... how stunning is this! Lightning and gold, just beautiful. *hugs her Alaiskya* Goodness, and his powers... not only is he perfect for the new world I'm working on, but I love celestial and weather-themed dragons. Thank you so much, Star. *snugs*

I'd also love a last name and/or set of parent names for my beautiful boy as well if you have time. I'm a freak for pedigrees. *chuckles lightly*

By the by, don't worry, I'm sure my 20-siders will make my character's life difficult again this Sunday to compensate. One's dice are never nice to them. ^^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Shard: Your little boy is from a clutch sired by Chrophasan and clutched by Xalahart -- his last name is Chrohart. (As a side note: Chrophasan is a very pleased father - two boys out of one clutch? While not unheard of, it's still an accomplishment, especially since the females tend to lay small clutches where only one male is hatched, if that.) Which number clutch it was is up to you.

For sake of pedigree (if you'd like) Chrophasan's full name is Chrophasan'tau Datoanan, and Xalahart's is Xalahart'eyii Antidrel.

Dray: Your lady is from a clutch sired by Xasare and clutched by Naseal -- last name is Xasaseal. Clutch number is up to you.

For sake of pedigree, Xasare is Xasare'rua Valanyel and Nasael is Nasael'hani Phasaili.

Starburst: Your lady is from a clutch sired by Sinitr and clutched by Keliava -- last name is Siniiava. Clutch number up to you.

For pedigree: Sinitr is Sinitr'desiima Jaliliex, and Keliava is Keliava'toi Zaelinar.

Keilin: Your boy is from a clutch sired by Zolishan and clutched by Duravenne -- last name is Zolienne. Clutch number is up to you.

For pedigree: Zolishan'hani Ancaryri and Duravenne'ta Nelalare
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Xalia! This little girl has decided that you are the one she wants to follow home tonight!

Name: Up to you
Last name: Feriarra
Powers:
Shadow magic: 5
Ice magic: 6
Air magic: 27

A note about her Air Magic, from the info that I'll be posting later on:

"26-30: Natural Grand Mastery, concentration begins to be required in order to not use the skill"

Pedigree: Her sire is Ferinun'ta Teneusal and her mother is Tertarra'desii Moceleri.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Sweet! Thank you!

So, can we choose which clutch-suffix to use? I'm assuming that's correct. If not, please point me in the right direction!
Molly
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Starburst, I think yours would be, like, '16th' or something, since the father's breaks down to '15th'.

XD Am I right am I right? *likes decoding language-bits*
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Yep, go ahead and pick whicheven clutch suffix suits your fancy.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

The suffixes are more aligned with how many clutches the father has sired, rather than generation.

For example, going off of Chrophasan, he was hatched from the 6th clutch that his father Datolaruk sired, but Datolaruk was hatched from the 2nd clutch that his father sired, so his suffix is 'rua.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Jess! I now present you with your little lady!

Last name: Ithaatal
Powers:
Air magic: 6
Ice magic: 2
Glamour: 17

From the notes about the power levels:

"17-20: Natural in the skill, thought becomes deed."

Pedigree: Her sire is Ithalkaar'desiihitu Wintkear and her mother is Yarynatal'toi Eleldore.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-squeel and grabs her little girl- she's beautiful. :D I'm gleefull and happy now. :3 and ironically enough, she did brighten my week, which has been pretty cruddy. -huggles- thankyou!