October Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

^.^ Glad you like ^^
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

I believe there is a separate thread to use the ExchangeTracker name on, so we don't clutter up our actual exchange threads.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Shiolar! I got you!
And I was really excited to get it, too. ^_^
(Nevermind; don't know what's up with the white border, sorry. XP)

No, you're not getting four different characters; it's actually one guy in four different forms. ^_^
History I'll leave up to you, but he has three basic forms: human, dragon, and wolf, plus the one on the right which is a mix of all three. He is not limited to just those, however; he can mix just two forms to become a normal werewolf, weredragon, or wolf-dragon, and he's also good at mixing and matching parts from different forms.
The forms are pretty much to scale, too. Enjoy! ^_^
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Oooooooh! Very cool, Kitsuneko! I'll definitely have fun with this guy!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Silver Midnight~!

I got you. :/ It doesn't look particularly vampiric to me, nor could i include all the colours.. but i got the batty bit down right? It's got wyvren-like wings, which probably isn't to clear.. meh.
:/ sorryit'scrappy. i'll redo it if you like. also, if you'd like some glowies on it, i'll add htem-- I was meaning to, but i thought at the last minute that they'd detract from it. Now i kind of regret that, but ah well. >.> must not force glowies onto anything.
I couldn't decide on the colours, so i saved two-- pick one, or keep both as seperate dragons? -shrugs- ^^
sorry it's template style~ i needed the practice.
and also, mayimakeoneformyself? if not, that's totally cool. ^^; I can understand why one would want it to be one (or two) of a kind~ but yes.
batties~

edit-
-stares at- THERE IS A DOT. ON THE TEMPLATE.
hold on, i'll edit htat out

Edit the second- There, done. And dotless. >:3 NESSIE WINS AGAINST THE UNRULY TEMPLATE. HUZZAH. -dancedance-
..ahem. sorry. yes, done.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

OMG CUTE! *steals it and squeezes it and loves it* ^___^

And go ahead and use the template for whatever you want. X3 So darling~

Think I'm going to keep both of these guys, though...and...breed! YES! Breed my pretties! *cackles maniacally*

I should do a Halloween mini-clutch...with your permission Nessie!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Hee, I'm glad you like. And of course you can do a halloween miniclutch! ;-; Squee, ithinkthatwouldbeadorable. XP Save me a spot in it.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

DEAR SWEET GODDAMN IT!!! AGAIN!!! >.< I've been so frusterated with school work that I COMPLETELY forgot to bring my sketch book home AGAIN! Aaaaarg! *shakes a fist and vows to get this damned thing scanned someday!*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

O.O Halloween clutch?! By Sil!? I *gotta* get into that. I've got just the right candidate, too! X3 complete with story. [bounces]
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Prettypretty, Nessie. X3 *envies Sil*

... *wonders if she could/should beg Sil to send one of them in to chase Miar* ... >.> ... <.< ...
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Fuzzy »

Rachael!

... I think I am insane. :D

This thing is the biggest template I've done to date- taking up TWO 8.5" x 11" pages, scanning 'em in, making sure they align right, downsizing, and coloring. I just *had* to CG it to get the colors as they came out in my head. >.<

I think I'm a CG whore/masochist. >__<And GIF ate it, so it's only in a PNG. I can do hi-res JPG though; I saved the PDF.

I have claw hand of death. XD *glad he's done!*

-----------------

Name:
Species: Dragon
Theme: Dia de los Muertos
Features: serpentine body, wings that decay and burst into feathery growth on a cycle with seasons, au-naturel feather-boa mane, skinless equin face, natural markings

Other: the skull on _______'s necklace is necromantically enchanted, bound with the soul of a prospering city's last mayor/city leader who had doomed the place to destruction by going on the warpath with too many people. The tribal folk being oppressed fought back by summoning this guy, and he in turn killed the leader and now wears his skull as a bitter, cynical companion, doomed to the afterlife with the dragon- whose sense of humor is pure torture for the unhappy soul. The dragon himself is now the overseer of the city and the surrounding region, and the Day of the Dead honors him and those who sacrificed their lives against the crazed soul he now wears.

His feathers and skeleton-patterned skin also shed on this day as a 'gift' to his people, and the feathers are usually kept on personal ancestor shrines or turned into a healing agent while the skin is used for light armor. Other towns think the townsfolk from this place are 'evil' for worshipping him, due to the skull motif that goes around on the festival, but it's not true- he's very beneficial :) He's also considered a teenager in dragon years, so he has many many more to go! So villains beware; if you're involved in crime in or around the area of the town, you just might have justice coming to you in the form of a dragon!

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

o.0

Oh my freakin gawd, that's beautiful!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Now THAT is FUNKEH! And that's a good thing. X3
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

My goodness Fuzzy - he is... MAGNIFICENT! Beyond words, actually, only words are good to apply in one form or another so "Awe" is probably best.

I mean, I am sitting here, and I keep reading the story *_* and looking at the image and I am entirely blown away in the best sense and clappy-happy (which is probably fairly funny to see) and and --- I don't think anything (if there'd been anything) in my mind would have predicted such an incredible dragon.

I want to express my deep thanks and wish I could share the smile on my lips and thank you, thank you, thank you!

Your coloring, by the way, is to die for. *__* The blending is fantastic, and the color choice is incredibly well done - even more to be blown away by. =D
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

I just *had* to sneak on here at work during my lunch break. X3 This'd be the only time, I promise. XD

*bounces repeatedly* yaaaay! x33 I'm sooo glad you like 'im! I started drawing the skull and he kept doing the Mardi-Gras gaudiness thing in my head and I just had to do him justice. He was really shy about having his hind legs being shown, so I had to coil him. XD

^___^ heeheeeheeee! You gave me the warm fuzzies. I'm sooo glad you love 'im! XD *big wide goofy grin right now* I actually have no idea what prompted the magenta base for the wingies. I think my brain was telling me to templatize, but I didn't, and any time I think big floofy feather boa I think "screamin' pink! XD", sooo.. x3 Yay for happies! *bouncebouncebounce, cackles and snugs and scoots back to the work he was doing at the internship*

PS: thanks about the coloring compliment ^w^ My poor tablet's very old (4 years now), buut I'm tryin'! XD I wanna get really really good at coloring. (Sil and Phe and dray and Airy are a major inspiration for me).

PPS: @Phee & Shardy: TY! X3 *glee!*

Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Myrror!!

My hand hurts. O_o. Took about two hours give-or-take to do. Not exactly what I picture as "elegant" or "fancy" But...she looks cool! XDDDDD That stripe on her side is supposed to be glowing as well as the "primary colors" on her wing. And the silvery white lines are supposed to be filigree. i tried. Hope ya like!! Feel free to make the background transparent.

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Oooo, cool is good!

>.> *hides the glowy from DNS* ^.^;;;

Anything I should know, size, or just say 'dragon mutt' and I fill in the blanks?
ImageImageImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

<.< you all know me too well.
-stares mournfully at myrror- ;-;

Looks great, though, shadow. ^^ I love how you do your shading~

and omfg, never checking this thread means i totally missed fuzzy's dragon of chaotic awesome. O__O HE LOOKS LIKE A PIMP. <3333 bestever. XP you draw the greatest, most complicated things, fuzzy~ and that pikish maroon/orange = teh best~
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

That draggie looks like an aurora borealis! *point! Cling! Hugs it since it's not his XD*

@DNS: X3 I was very very tempted to make him a pimp! But he refused and told me he had a town to run. I was like townWTF!? [cackles]

*tailwags* TY! :3 It makes me feel good, being able to cheer people up with the critters I do. The pink/maroon color I'll have to get back to you on, since it's a very specific Pantone color I grabbed earlier in the year in Photoshop and used on my resume to grab peoples' attentions (it worked, I got an internship. XD). It's this kick-butt flaming purple. X3

XD seriously, that dragon is Rachael's fault- she asked for it! X3 All I did was spaz for about a week and a half after I'd inked it...

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Luna! I got you!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): autumn reds and oranges, bright golds, pale gold underbelly, autumn brown along dorsal ridges
Features: Old World pernese style, kinda Whelan-esque...
Species: Old World
Element(s): fire
Name: Galaxiath
Well, she turned out better on paper; the red got eaten in the scanner. I think she looks like autumn, but I'll leave it up to you if she fits Galaxiath, or if you'd rather make her someone else. Aside from the colors not scanning well, I really like the way she turned out!

Not that I'll ever actually get around to it, but would you mind if I used the outline for a Pernese clutch at some point? I wouldn't want to impose on your dragon :)
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :!:

*snuggle hugs* She awesome!!! And just how I envisioned her! *cuddles some more* Good thing she doesn't breathe fire naturally~ =D

Gali: -.-;;;

And gosh, you drew the lines, of course I wouldn't mind seeing the template used elsewhere! XD (Toss me a link sometime and I'll send you a dragonload of candidates too~ )

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP
Silver Midnight
Dragon

I'ma be late this month. My mind is fried.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

sry it took a while to get back to ya Myrror. Glad you like. I guess she's a mutt. I'm too lazy right now to give stats to anything. ._.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'll be late again, too. :\ So many projects for school have left me with no time for leisure-drawing!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> I think we need to pause for a month or something. That or clean up the ban list of people who have disappeared/are not likely to come back. There's too many people not getting their submissions in on time anymore. Myself included. *shakes a fist at her lack of a scanner*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Shard!

Now, the reason why this comes so near the end of the month was because I had some trouble actually coming up with an idea that actually looked good.

I dunno if this is quite what you were looking for. My imagination was having a weird day when I came up with this idea...

Without further ado, however, here is your space-faring dragon! With space thrown in for free!

Unfortunately, having space around him doesn't show off his colours very well, so here's him again, this time floating in a nice empty void of transparency:

Now, although this guy doesn't look very technological, he is! His species are, in fact, so advanced that they scoff at the idea of spaceships, preferring instead just to fly through space as they are. He has an internal chip that allows him complete and total control over his breathing, so he doesn't have any problems when flying through a vacuum.

But obviously his body still needs a way to keep on living, and that's what his wings are for. Cosmeticly, they look like part of his body, but they're actually large sails that gather cosmic radiation, particles, free-floating hydrogen and weird little space-dwelling microbes, converting them all into energy and nutrients which are fed into his body via the tines of the 'wings'.

However, he's quite capable of flying through space, air or water without use of these wings. He does this with very, very advanced Telekinesis, which are either a natural trait of his species or one they've genetically altered themselves to have. Either way, when he's on a planet, he floats around above the surface, rather than slithering on the ground. No walking, obviously, due to overwhelming lack of legs... The fins along his back are completely natural, acting like a dorsal fin to keep him balanced when he's flying somewhere with an atmosphere or water.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Hee, that's neat! I love how smooth he is. XP lucky shard.
Great job, shio~ -hugs him-
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Shi' that is so... so amazing.

Does he have a name or should I name him? What a beautiful dragon AND background!! :D

The character he'll be travelling with uses a strangely similar way of space travel though she pretty much looks nekkid hanging out outside a ship lol. come to think of it she doesn't have much of a name either, just the title Shipsinger. (She doesn't actually sing, she propels the ship through a kind of lightshow via the galaxy going by *that freaking fast*. I came up with the character like, when I was 12 or something, and I'd probably just read not-coincidentally the Ship who Sang.... lol.)

*thank you*.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

........ Woah. ;-; <3 Shio', that is *gorgeous*!!!!

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Shiolar, you are my hero artist *dragon-naps shard's dragon*

Actually, that race reminds me of the Gecnawans, how they used to be before the war -- they were so advanced that technology and magic became one and the same, but then they had a massive civil war and almost all died out, and now they're not nearly so uber ... but I ramble. Stunning artwork Shio ^_^
ImageImageImage