October Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

October Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Astra (August 06 - Received Shard)
Caesius Draco (July 06 - Received Shiolar)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Indigo (September 06 - Received Kayla)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Mystic (September 06 - Received Fuzzy)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
Phoenix (June 06 - Received Mystic)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November 05 - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
Unyko (September 06 - Received Kitsuneko)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
-
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through October 9th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Fuzzy
E-mail: eyesoftwilight@comcast.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: any
Species: dragon
Element(s): any
Theme: "Vanilla" by Gackt :}
Name: any!

It's a popular song and I'm listening to it right now. XD Let's see what you can come up with!
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: see theme
Species: draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: This is Karensa: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpkar.html
I would like to breed her with the biggest, meanest nastything anyone can find. You can take anything from my database (linked in my sig), except Vrine'winith: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpkar.html ; something from your database; or something of someone else's, with permission. You can mix her with multiple critters from multiple owners, a la biosything. Just give me a link to whoever/whatever they are, please. ^^ My only request is no more than two heads, and don't breed her with other bunny-like dragons. Or dog/catdragons, I don't think she'd appreciate that. XD
Name: You pick or I will
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Dusty, light brown with bright green eyes
Features: NO wings-that's his most distinctive feature. Otherwise, same goes for this as the other two.
Species: See Theme
Element(s): Earth, Magic
Theme: Last month I got Aaka, and before that Saurii, so now it's time for an Imaru-dragon!
Once again, I am looking for a dragon version of my Athanasian God, Imaru. His features and appearance as a Meera is described here: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adoption/meera.html
and his human description is: "Imaru (Ee-MAR-oo): One of the three main dieties on Athanasia. He takes the form of a young boy about ten years old, with sandy-colored hair and bright green eyes. He likes to appear as a poor beggar boy. He is the caretaker of the planet and God of Magic."
Again, feel free to take some liberties in his appearance as a dragon. The important bit is that, unlike the others, he has no wings.
Athanasian dragon page: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adop ... agons.html
Example: http://geocities.com/darklingdawnperson ... ewest.html
Name: Imaru
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): white, black, silver, chrome?
Features: sleekness, smoothness
Element(s): technology (but doesn't need to be visibly tech, can be 'explained')
Theme: starfarers, travel, space worthy dragons (I have a specific character who should be getting this dragon as a bond or partner in her space travels)
Name: either - if you have a good name for him I'll use it, if you don't I'll create one.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

nevermind, i changed my mind about what i want~ since it's some special month or something tome.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: dns
E-mail: dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): //
Features: Glowies, and other than that, anything~
Species: //
Element(s): //
Theme: see below
Name: //

themes/ideas:
I want a crow dragon. Dunno how you'll manage this, but something creative, with maybe some length to it or something. crow dragon. Preferably with glowies down it's back or somewhere interesting. Some black feathers, but slate-blue and grayed-purple too, please, in alomst equal ammounts.
Last edited by DNS on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Just a note, if anyone plans to draw a make-up image for me, they can use the info from last month, but I wouldn't mind using this month's info instead, seeing as I only need one Imaru-dragon image.

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Most commonly reddish or brown in color with a black stripe down the back; see link for details.
Features: See theme
Species: Whatever you see fit, doesn't necessarily have to be dragonish.
Element(s): N/A
Theme: This month being Halloween-time, I'm going for a creature based on the Beast of Gevaudan, a real creature that terrorized an area in France about 200 years ago. It was described as being wolf-like, with a tufted, lionish tail; long, pointed ears; and a greyhound-like muzzle. (Descriptions, of course, vary; use whatever you like) Here are links to two websites with more info:
http://labete.7hunters.net/index.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan
Name: Choose, or I will
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Luna
Fledgling

Post by Luna »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Luna
E-mail: Golddragon33312@hotmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): autumn reds and oranges, bright golds, pale gold underbelly, autumn brown along dorsal ridges
Features: Old World pernese style, kinda Whelan-esque...
Species: Old World
Element(s): fire
Name: Galaxiath

I've been dying to get an actual image of Gali, and just haven't had the muse to draw her myself... I guess because she is my muse... and muses work in mysterious ways? O_o;;;

Love!!!

"If someone does not smile at you, be generous and offer your own smile. Nobody needs more a smile than the one that cannot smile to others."

Dragonriders of Pern: Legacy: Forum RPG 14th Pass Pern
Alternate Benden Weyr: Pernese Dragon Clutch on the sands! 42 Eggs
World of Eien: WIP
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: TyGryph
E-mail: ryslen_red@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Theme: Your Favorite.

Most of us here in the Nexus have our own agencies and our own style/breed of creatures.... and there are a lot I just don't have yet.

So my request this month is for one of the dragons (default phrasing. Non-dragons are just as welcome!) from your place, in your favorite color(s). If you've got more than one type, go with your favorite :) If your favorite type in your favorite color is too rare to "just give out" then go with your second or third favorite.

((If your agency is primarily a hybridizing place, your options are pretty much open... You could 'breed' your two favorite dragons, or splice together one with all your favorite traits... or whatever you think up. I'm totally cool with you making a sibling for yourself if you go this route, and equally cool with you making a full clutch out of it... But you don't have to.))

I will most likely need information about them, so if you don't have a page you can readily link to, please be prepared for a metric ton of questions.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993 @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White
Features: Gold plating in belly and on top of face, silver horns, rainbow wing membranes fading to pale blue
Element(s): Uh....light?
Theme: Pure
Name: Y'thar

Alright. I had this particular dragon in mind since the sixth grade and I just can't draw him no matter how hard I try or how long it takes before my hand starts to hurt. I'm wondering in anyone here can draw Y'thar.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

ABOUT YOU~
Username: Fuzzy
E-mail: eyesoftwilight@comcast.net

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Color(s): any!
Features: glowies, feathers, aquatic features, 'tribal' markings, maybe even butterfly wings...
Element(s): any
Theme: a pretty dragon! X3
Name: any
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: CacophenyAngel
E-mail: cacopheny @ gmail . com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you
Species: Preferably something that already exists, or can be said to be a hybrid of species that already exist, though I prefer the former. Doesn't even have to be a dragon if you don't want it to be XD
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Same as usual, lately... I have a song that I think would make an interesting villain (or, at least, antagonist), and I'd like a character to go with it. The song is "In a Dark Place", by Gary Numan, and can be found here: http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/GaryNuman-DarkPlace.mp3 . I expect you might want to look up the lyrics, too... he mumbles >.>
Name: Up to you
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh... what the hell. XD I just want to draw something halloweeny for someone, if I can!

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: dray
E-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black/grey/deep brown; dark, rich reds; golds, rich yellows or spanish-orange (yellow orange) (;_; No purple, pleeeease.)
Features: back/tail tentacles! XD long-limbed, feline-like if possible, no wings please.
Species: Anything draconic/chimaeric, non-anthro please (unless you want to draw something with a humanoid face, in which case I would be happy to take it. XD I just don't like animal-muzzles on human-bodies.)
Element(s): Emotion-controller, especially those aspects that can have a negative impact on a person like rage or too-strong lust or fear, or sorrow
Theme: Chi (especially the manipulation thereof), halloween, or if you're weird like me, something more mature can work. X3
Name: Feel free to leave blank if you like, but if you have a good name then I'll take it!

:O I'm such a dumbarse sometimes. ^^;
Last edited by Dray on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): NOT yellow or Green (ie, any other colors are fine)
Species: Dragonish
Element(s): If you think something may fit, feel free to add
Theme: Fancy! Anything from long feathers and fur to multi-heads/limbs to glowy danglies to whatever. Just have fun!
Name: Either you choose, or I'll randomly give them something
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Silver Midnight
E-mail: silverfirelancer@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): White, Pale Flesh, Blood Red, Silver, Black, Orange
Features: Long fangs, bat-like wings, long fur, bat-like ears, slit-pupiled eyes
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Shadow, Moon
Theme: Halloween, Vampire
Name: ?

A good Halloweeny dragon! >P
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Species: Dragon
Element(s): See theme
Theme: Can't quite decide which option I'd like more this month, so:
1. A werewolf-dragon. I have no idea how you'd do it, so go wild with it.
2. I've been watching some Stargate, so, option to is a Goa'uld dragon. Again, I have no idea how you'd do it, so have fun.
Name: Dunno.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): anything but pink
Features: see theme
Species: see theme
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Mythology - Norse, Greek, Egyptian, something from a myth. Can be a god or goddess, a monster, an idea. I'd prefer not human, but if you really want to, it's up to you
Name: if something fits while you're working on it, let me know, otherwise, I'll name it
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.< ARG! I DID IT AGAIN! I forgot my art book when I went home for the weekend. Which means I don't have the fully inked sketch with me, which means still no dragon for Fuzzy.

But I swear! As soon as I remember to bring it on one of my trips home, you'll be getting the best exchange dragon evah!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DragonFlight
E-mail: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net

~ABOUT IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Species: Sema Riihan (Kynnese Moon Dragon)
Element(s): See theme

Theme: Same as last month!
I'd like someone to draw for me a Sema Riihan - a Kynnese Moon Dragon. They have appeared in three exchanges (by me, at least) so far - Xalia, Sargon, and Indigo (that one was July and has links to the other two). A Sema Riihan is a small (like anywhere between 6 and 10ft tall, to the top of the head while standing upright) bipedal dragon native to Kynn's moons. They are 'descended' from Kynn's eight elements (Earth, Air/Wind, Water/Ice, Fire, Lightning/Storm, Spirit, Shadow, and Light) and each type looks a little different, though they have the same basic body structure. Males and females tend to look relatively similar (no physical differences).
They come in all colors and patterns, regardless of 'element'. They rarely, if ever, wear full clothing, but bits of decoration aren't uncommon (see previous images for examples), so go wild!
Reference images can be located in this directory - please excuse the icky quality. :D
http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/SemaRiihan/
If you need any clarification at all, just ask! :D

Name: I'll name it!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Bright with darks; anything to fit theme.
Features: Bdy paint/tattoos to go with theme. Outside skeleton, either painted or actual?
Species: Something draconic, or perhaps equine.
Element(s): Unnecessary; may fit with theme.
Theme: Dia de los Muertos. All Saints Day. All Souls Day. Anything you find online works; inspiration for colors from the painted skulls or figurines, the marigolds, everything related to this celebration and embrace of death.
http://www.tupuebloimports.com/index.as ... YQodfXUqjg
http://www.tupuebloimports.com/index.as ... YQodfXUqjg
Run wild and free, my friend! Think of anything that catches your interest; it will be sweet as sweet can be.
Name: You or me, baby.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Mystic Dragon wrote:>.< ARG! I DID IT AGAIN! I forgot my art book when I went home for the weekend. Which means I don't have the fully inked sketch with me, which means still no dragon for Fuzzy.

But I swear! As soon as I remember to bring it on one of my trips home, you'll be getting the best exchange dragon evah!
^^ Hey, it's okay! *empathizes for* I hate when I do that- go out and forget my sketchbook. *snugsnug* ^^ Take your time! I dun' mind.

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*pooks at Phe* X3 Could you send out the emails for these guys, please? I'm so excited to see who I'm going to get, there are so many forms that look really fun!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Totally, every time a new one comes up I'm like, "oooh I hope I get that one! " :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Me too! ^ ^

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Dayum. Every time I remember one thing I need to do, there's another I've forgotten. :P Mails're sent!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Thanks, Phe! <3!
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

SHADOW~!

I got you, babe! And... beware?

Color(s): White
Features: Gold plating in belly and on top of face, silver horns, rainbow wing membranes fading to pale blue
Element(s): Uh....light?
Theme: Pure
Name: Y'thar

Since my first was all drawn free-hand (on tablet) with the whim of my current frame of mind, you may ask me to create another (probably on a pre-existing template I have, but to more rigorous standards).

For now...

ExchangeTracker
Hatchling

Post by ExchangeTracker »

Question, Rachael!

I've finished your dragon's outlines, but he's so big he runs off the page! Do you want me to finish the offending wing that runs off the page (making a new page and finishing the wing) or as-is? Just curious :) I'll color after.[/b]
ExchangeTracker
Hatchling

Post by ExchangeTracker »

Question, Rachael!

I've finished your dragon's outlines, but he's so big he runs off the page! Do you want me to finish the offending wing that runs off the page (making a new page and finishing the wing) or as-is? Just curious :) I'll color and post it up once I'm done, regardless of which outcome you pick. Thanks!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

He's AWESOME!! You definately got the colouration down good! I just love it!!

And you can redo him if you like. I dun care. He looks good the way he is though. Just AWESOME!! *huggle* thx!!
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

DNS, I got you!

Here;s your kinda glowy crow dragon--hope you like!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

ExchangeTracker wrote:Question, Rachael!

I've finished your dragon's outlines, but he's so big he runs off the page! Do you want me to finish the offending wing that runs off the page (making a new page and finishing the wing) or as-is? Just curious :) I'll color and post it up once I'm done, regardless of which outcome you pick. Thanks!
How did I miss this? Tra~la! It is nice to have the completed wing... but seriously, go for whatever feels best to you. I will be out until Monday, and I wish you the best of luck in finishing off your no doubt beautiful creation! =D
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-squeels happily~- I have literally like, only a minute to reply right now, so you'll get proper happies when i get to school, but it'samazing! and quick. XP -hugglegnaw- thankyousomuch! It's even better than my internal image was~

now that i'm in school~: -happywrigglesqueel- ;-; itmakesmehappy! He looks like a crow and the ammount of steel blue and purple work well together-- a lot better than what i was thinking, which would've been pretty tackey. XP ilovehimilovehimilovehimthankyou!! ;-; -hugglecling-

now to do my own exchange dragon.