August Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

Unlogged so I can ask. Silver Midnight, a question about your character Valnar, is he a bipedal dragon? Since the pose really does depend on that, I need to ask.
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

He can be bipedal or quadrupedal, as a "Greater Fantasan" or Kien his body structure enables him to stand and walk upright. They just usually go on all fours. So it's up to you. XD
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

yeah, Jess, I was thinking that the longer horns like that would be males. Probably some other differences. I haven't drawn a female yet so I don't know. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Kitsuneko, I got you!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Black and white
Features: Wingless, furry.
Species: Dragon
Element(s): N/A
Theme: N/A
Name: N/A
This didn't turn out quite the way I think you pictured it, but I think you'll like him...

Notes: He has really, really silky fur--that's why it's so shiny. I would expect he's rather vain about it... He's smallish, about 20' long and 5'6 at the shoulder (for easier grooming! He'll probably want his own personal hair stylist...). Preferred diet consists of small, furry aminals, but he canl eat just about anything. Verbal speech is a no-no--his vocal cords just can handle it. He can make squeaky, grunt-y noises, and he /understands/ what people say, but that's about it. He wags his tail when he's happy, sometimes knocking people over. Do NOT let him near anything fragile or expensive. Err... I think that covers everything... :D Oh, and if you don't have any good ideas for a name for him, might I suggest 'Chiaroscuro'? Means something like 'lightdark'...
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Awesome!! Thank you. Love the fur, and he sounds like an interesting character, too. Heh. :D

So, is he telepathic, since he can't talk out loud?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Nah, but he's pretty good at getting his point across with body language and various little noises. Picture a cat rubbing against your legs or clawing at the door...then make the cat about twenty feet long. :wink:
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

*cackles* Fun! :twisted:
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Kless! I gotchu!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): See theme
Features: see theme
Species: anything goes
Element(s): see theme
Theme: I'm assembling a 'pantheon' for Xidaver. Creatures with strong
magic and possibly even stronger egos Smile . Take roman gods for
example, though you don't have to base a dragon or critter on one of
those gods. Currently I have a god of lust, death, wind, and fire/ice
sprite. If you don't want to do a major force or element, a lesser
power is fine too(Sprites/Nymph type creatures).
Name: Nyuusen Yumeshokkou
Meaning: The Chosen Weaver of Dreams. Yumeshokkou last name will pass onto any children he sires.
Color: Nightime Blue
Features: Liquid armor, gems, mane
Species: Dragon God
Elements: Dreams and Illusions
Powers: Dream, daydream, and nightmare hopping, teleportation (though he prefers the hopping), shifting (dragon to human, dragon to humanoid, but he can still change his features in human or humanoid form to appear as he wishes), healing capabilities, illusion casting, dream creation, spell casting
Notes: He doesn't actually have eyes, hence why he wears the mask, but he can see, through very strong psionics and magic. All jewels act as focal points for his magic, and will disappear into his skin in human form, but the armor and gems will remain in humanoid form. His true personality is as of yet unknown, because being the drgaon god of illusion, he takes on the personality of whoever you really want him to be. Sort of like an imaginary friend. He can vanquish nightmares, but can't create them. He can only manipulate dreams and fantasies, he can't create them. There must be something there to work from. Due to the area of Chanson De Coeur he's from, he's likely to build himself a small group of followers, most likely those that have powers similar to his own.

The image!
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Awesome Cy! I love the wings and the armor....shiny :D
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Mystic!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): white (major), blue (minor), gold (horns/wingsails)
Features: Trio-winged, spiral horn (unicorn style), slender spikes,
long limbed, narrow faced, long eared, sleek
Species: Tris'Hathian spirit dragon
Element(s): life, light, spirit
Theme: One of six elemental dragons that govern the ecological state
of Tris'Hath
Name: no name (or just Spirit)
Here's your Tris'Hathian Spirit dragon. I hope this is kind of what you were thinking of! I had fun drawing and coloring her...I've been calling her Spirit of Tris'Hath since you didn't want a name and that just seemed appropriate. Hope you like her...since she's from your world I'm sure you already have abilities and stats all figured out for her...so, without further ado...

Edit: just remembered a couple points I meant to mention...the spikes continue all the way to the end of her tail, they're just behind it so you can't see them and her primary set of wings is actually anchored to the secondary set so though they can move seperately they still rely on each other for flight...hope that's okay!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Delyar!
I got you
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Colour(s): Earth-tones.
Features: Stripes and ears, (we have very few striped/eared dragons
out there, we need more) long tail and something that's never been
done before. (oooh, a challenge.)
Species: Dragon. (though wings are not mandatory)
Element(s): Earth (if any)
Theme: (None.)
Name: (Please, give them a name for me.)
Name: Shysina
Species: Mountain Dragon
Color: Chestnut and Cream with Green Stripes
Element: Earth
Height: 10' at shoulder
Length: 53' (mostly tail)
Abilities: Natural Levitation, Verbal Speech, Plant Control
Personality: Very curious, especially about other dragon species. She
can be nosy, but she usually means well.
Notes: Tail is somewhat prehensile, like a seahorse. Their natural
levitation can be a problem, as they cannot control it while they sleep.
This is why their tails are prehensile; they sleep with their tail
wrapped around a tree limb, or other stable object, and float. Their
wings do not support their weight; they are mostly used for manuevering,
and forward and backward movement. The levitation only keeps them in
the air. At times, the tail seems to have a mind of it's own; it will
often grab onto random items (or creatures) the dragon didn't intend to
grab.
If you have any other questions, please ask :)
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Eeee! Pretty! -tacklehug-

The natural levitation and prehensile tail shall be used to great amusement, let me assure you. I'll have her up sometime this month (I'm on sporadic car trips) and I'll be sure to let you know if she goes anywhere. ^^

+glee
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Ereandir! Here's your dragon from last month's dragon exchange ^_^

Name: Aeraderianis
Translation:
ID: 011
Race: Mixed
Length: 26'
Coloration: Dark earth
Markings: Banded
Magical abilities: Telepathy, Fire Ability
Aura: Orange laced with bright green and blue
Personality: Aeraderianis is nowhere near as fierce as his appearance might suggest, though he's quite willing to defend himself when backed into a corner. He is large for his species, but moves with an almost impossible speed and grace. It is thought by those on their new home continet that Aeraderianis is of a warrior Enkeyn race, but the Enkeyn themselves aren't talking.
Notes: Aeraderianis does not bond, but can become a sponsor/candidate/whatnot.

Basic Enkeyn information can be found here:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/cityshar/4138.html

And links can currently go to my LiveJournal, because I'm still in the process of getting my site back up ^_^;

http://www.livejournal.com/users/cityshar

Hope he was worth the wait! I had fun drawing him ^_^
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Skysong, he is awesome. XD Nicely done.
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Kless
Fledgling

Post by Kless »

Cacopheny!

Name: Dunkel Krähe
Meaning: Dark Crow (german)
Color: Black with purple/green accents
Features: Feathered wings, mane & tail
Theme: Incubus (A crow left of murder)
Species: Sorry, this guy isn't something already out there (as far as I know)
Elements: Darkness
Powers: Dunkel (or Krähe, he uses either as a first name) has some limited foretelling of the future. Most of the time this knowledge comes from spotting omens and being able to interpret them. Usually, whatever Dunkel does 'see', it isn't good. He has some limited empathy, is able to teleport & speak telepathically, and has an acid breath weapon.
Notes: Dunkel's early life was a lot different from his present situation. He was very cheerful and was generally intrigued by everything around him. The young dragonet was also quite the bookworm. During his teenaged years however, Dunkel experienced a major change. His feathers darkened almost completely to black as did his personality. He lost interest in books (saw them as traps of mind) and instead became a bit of a wanderer. Instead of reading things, the dragon now explores far away places for himself, relying on instinct and his powers to keep him from harm.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh how I miss Kless dragons! Do more do more!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o''' Some awesome dragons coming out this round! ^_^ Keep it up, you guys! *pompomfloof!*
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Kless wrote:Cacopheny!

Name: Dunkel Krähe
Meaning: Dark Crow (german)
Color: Black with purple/green accents
Features: Feathered wings, mane & tail
Theme: Incubus (A crow left of murder)
Species: Sorry, this guy isn't something already out there (as far as I know)
Elements: Darkness
Powers: Dunkel (or Krähe, he uses either as a first name) has some limited foretelling of the future. Most of the time this knowledge comes from spotting omens and being able to interpret them. Usually, whatever Dunkel does 'see', it isn't good. He has some limited empathy, is able to teleport & speak telepathically, and has an acid breath weapon.
Notes: Dunkel's early life was a lot different from his present situation. He was very cheerful and was generally intrigued by everything around him. The young dragonet was also quite the bookworm. During his teenaged years however, Dunkel experienced a major change. His feathers darkened almost completely to black as did his personality. He lost interest in books (saw them as traps of mind) and instead became a bit of a wanderer. Instead of reading things, the dragon now explores far away places for himself, relying on instinct and his powers to keep him from harm.
W00t o.o I have a crow-dragon! That is so cool, man! : D He's lovely ^^ Must think of where to put him and what his backstory should be... heeeee. :: has a few ideas, already >: D ::

Thank you so much, Kless! ^^ I particularly love the name... o.o
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

EEEE--- I deeed it.

Lakotawolf
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Any, but I love blues, silvers, grays.
Features: Fur, horns, wings, big eyes.
Species: Any, but maybe with Oriental tendencies.
Element(s): Any, but I love water/rain.
Theme: Any.
Name: Surprise me!
Color: water themed.
Species: Oriental Dragon Shapeshifter.
Theme: Asian Dragon.
Name: Yong Wang
Meaning: Dragon King (I don't know why either. I just don't like the way the other words soung)

I added the horns, the wings and the big eyes, but I didn't manage to fur because I don't know how to do fur. >_< I had tons of ideas once I saw Oriental tendencies, but stuck to the easiest one because... ^^;; well, no time and no skill! I hope you like her.

Some information:
When I think of Oriental, I thought of doing something exotic like Thai, Japanese or Chinese. ^^ But I went back to easy roots and stuck to a Korean dragon. She can full shift between two forms, but she'sll have blue/white coloring instead of your usual human shades. XD She's wearing a very simplied version of the Korean Costume. Made of two pieces, a long wrap around skirt/dress and a tiny jacket/bolero type on top, while physically it's impossible to fly with her flappy, almost gliding wings, she manages. ^^ Magic. When not in use, it folds over into a cloak. More magic.

Human form she's about 5"9. Dragon form she's huge. Originally from Earth, Korea, the longer she 'exists'/stays away, her four clawed feet will go either three or five clawed, because it seems in Korean myths, the longer the dragon stays away from home, the more 'deformed' it gets. Typical oriental magic, the sutra hanging from her right horn signifies water in the Sino Korean character, which means she has gifts over it.

I think that's it. Woo-- I rarely talk to much. *smirk*

Image wise, I found a picture of an ocean in my clip art section of my computer. I don't know where it's from. So if you feel uncomfortable about using it since you can't really link to it, let me know and I'll give you a version with a plain black background.

LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

SQUEE!!!! I love her!!

My boyfriend's Chinese, so I have an appreciation/love for all things Asian :3

I LOVE THOSE WINGS!!!

Thank you so much! :} I can't wait to get her onto a page :}
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

*marvels at Naeodin's pretty dragon*

As someone of partial Korean descent and as someone who is familiar with that style of dress, I hope you do not mind me marvelling a little longer at that beauty. Very well done. ^^

Now then, you've inspired me... I just need to find someone crazy enough to take on drawing a bipedal form dragon wearing a very ornate hanbok. That, and I need to acquire a decent picture of my mother's hanbok for reference...

((Darn it, why is it that everyone who is wearing a hanbok that might look remotely similar to my mother's is wearing it /backwards/?!))
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

LOL! Well, if it's like half the clothing I've tried to figure out - it's a strip of cloth.... maybe a robe if you're lucky, and you're supposed to wrap it and swing it and... yeah. :) I learned a LOT from the How To Draw Manga 'costumes' and traditional clothing book, because it actually SHOWS how to put on sarongs, robes, traditional garments and such. It's so not obvious by looking at em...

Then again, how many of those people wearing them backwards put their hospital duds on backwards too? :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^^ Well, if I had a good reference pic to work from for the clothing, I'd be willing to draw a bipedal draggie with an ornate hanbok on. I need to work on drawing clothing better, so hey, why not? =P
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I've always loved your artwork, StarFyre, though me and my nitpick, perfectionistic mind wants my mother's hanbok specifically. ^^; I'll see if I can't snag photos from my parents when they come visit next week.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*laughs* Wow, my artwork is loved. ^^ Alright, get a picture or two to me when you can and I'll work on it.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Hahah XD Thanks for liking it.

Oooh-- lots of bipeds in hanboks! XD Wouldn't that be so pretty? :3
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O Oh my gawd! Xalia, that's perfect! :3 I'm making up a special page for all of the elemental dragons to sit on. Need to work on the layout first and then I can get her up.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Myrror!
Myrror wrote:~ABOUT YOU~

Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com
Will you make a new image, or use a template?: New, always new

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Colour(s): Purple, Black, Silver, Blue
Features: Feline-ish (anything from just a felinish body to paws, to your own rendition of a Catdragon)
Species: Dragony thingie preferrred
Element(s): *shrug*
Theme:*shrug*
Name: You can name, or I'll name when I see it
Okay, since I was up in bobcat country for the past week, I felt inspired to draw one. Also, the acheoptryx (or however it's spelt) is my favourite dinosaur so I felt compelled to work that in somehow. Hence, you have an acheoptryx winged blue bobcat dragon. You can give him/her/it a species name if you like but I was more interested in just doing the picture. The only thing that is definite is that this creature is more draconic then felinoid. He/she/it can mate with other dragons, although they'll have to be pretty small since he/she/it's only the size of an average bobcat. Hope you like.

Also note that this is a .jpg, not a .gif. Couldn't transparentize since it's hand coloured and I have no decent art programs.

https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Mystic, you can give me a good beatin' if this isn't allowed, but I saved your drawing for Myr, opened it in PSP9, and gif-ized it!

It even saved the colors pretty well. If this isn't okay, I'll remove it :D
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I'll beat you... WITH LOVE! *tacklesnugs* :3 Thanks, Lakota. I'd love to get a decent program for my dad's comp, but money is tight. The colours did save well too. I'm quite pleased.