August Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Runelynx
Egg

Post by Runelynx »

Aww Silver, we're sad to see you go :(
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

O_O; Uh... Sil? I dunno what "the newbie" said, but it seems to me that they'll stay uninformed if we don't help them out... I didn't know much at all when I first started posting here :{

And I don't mean to encourage anything, but your post about Sargon's pic WAS a little weird :x I wouldn't know how to react to that either. :{

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, though... I know how classes can be :/

And I haven't seen any other idiotic newbies around here to be honest... O_O... as far as I knew there was only the Knux thing, and he wasn't a newbie...
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Well for anyone who missed it, since Runelynx is obviously also a chickenshit, he started ranting that I was being a bitch (I hate that picture, that was my only point, but it was done) and said I quote 'maybe if you didn't come off as some kind of a satanic demon'. Hmph, another random person starting flamewars on the board. Maybe he'll be banned next.
Last edited by Silver Midnight on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Defuse... Defuse...

Sil, don't worry about the picture. I think the dragon's gorgeous, and frankly unless Sargon has said otherwise in private, she probably likes it as much as the rest of us.

As for Runelynx, I would also like to know who you are. You've posted all of 6 times, have never put up a reply to your request for a Chaos of Color image (at least, your name's still in the 'cannot adopt until on page' list in Myrror's thread) and you haven't got anything in your profile about who you are, where you adopt, and such.

Please to avoid a bigger conflict, put up that info. Where did you find us, who've you got online that knows you and can vouch for your existance.

And please: don't poke Sil or any of us, after what has happened in the past, we've got perfectly good reasons to worry.

Sil - stick around please.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

nono! sil! o_o; i LOVE HIM. it's just i didn't know what to say without stepping on someone's feet. :S You know like "even though it's not what i asked for it's still neat" i thought it sounded kind of rude, and i didn't want to upset you when you were unhappy with something. He's still very sweet and nice, maybe when you feel more inspired you could try something a little more in theme? That's what i thought might kinda po' you. So i just waited, and now what did some DUMBASS do? xx;

(i really do like him sil, and it's hard for me to draw a complete computer iamge after owning and using a tablet for 3 and a half years. don't feel bad, it's takes time. i still scan 90% of my images :D)

if you didn't notice the chickenshit edited his post. Dray, Mys or Shard is there anyway to get an edited post back?
Silver Midnight

The "I hate you" comment was not serious. v_v; But the theme...I don't know, when I saw the e-mail I cringed. I think Phe should just count it not turned in, personally.
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

uh sil x_o; please tell me you kept a back up of him? i wasn't on my comp when i checked that message and didn't get to save his file? ;_; i really want him :3 he'd make a nice buddy for Relinquished. <3
Silver Midnight

Actually I think I'm just going to leave this space blank until I redo him, whenever that is. Classes start tomorrow and I have other stuff to get together. Have some time now, but think I'm going to work on something else.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

For the record, I did see Runelynx's original post, so Runelynx: consider this a warning. Address ANY member in a tone like that again, and I WILL recommend you for banning.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

And back to happier things: Sargon, my two are up. X3 Vulcan's fun, and Masque is intense. WooBOY is he intense. o_o Surprised me.

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/MISC/Vulcan.htm

http://xenoqueen.deviant-uprising.com/M ... uerade.htm
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Siiiince there doesn't seem to be anyplace else, I'm posting my exchange dragon Krahe up here ^^

Kless, I'm sorry, I'm lazy and ignorant, and his name lost the cool little dots... XD

http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/sythyn/krahe.htm

He will have plotness and storiness eventually.

:: scampers off to color her own exchange giftie-dragon ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Just as a heads up, I seriously doubt I'll be able to get my image in on time. I'm without a scanner here and without a graphics program at my dad's, so the soonest I'd be done is still past deadline.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

So I guess we're posting links here? ^_^;

Lerial, I've got your gorgeous dragon up!

http://members.shaw.ca/skysong/adopted/lylanya.html

She's been named Lylanya Weatherwatcher, and she'll be receiving a nice, juicy story later.. and a prettier page >_>; Just trying to get everyone up at the moment..
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

lol, I like that page Skysong ^_^ It's nice, simple, and pretty. XD
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Lerial wrote:lol, I like that page Skysong ^_^ It's nice, simple, and pretty. XD
Well, it's got the basic layout down - the white table over the watery background - but I need to change and add a couple other things before it's actually considered 'finished.'

Oh yeah, and a question for you - would she be breedable with other dragon species? Say.. an Enkeyn? XD
Silver Midnight

There's your dragon, Sargon...I'm doing something more in-theme, but I don't know when he'll be done. I'm wondering where he was hiding when I really needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

heee - see this one makes me want to ruffle his hair. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Silver Midnight

That's because he's a vulpigon. When I saw the picture of Sid Vicious or whoever my first two thoughts were "He looks like my cousin >u<" and "He looks like a hobbit...." So yeah....one reason I had issues. XD
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Skysong wrote:
Lerial wrote:lol, I like that page Skysong ^_^ It's nice, simple, and pretty. XD
Well, it's got the basic layout down - the white table over the watery background - but I need to change and add a couple other things before it's actually considered 'finished.'

Oh yeah, and a question for you - would she be breedable with other dragon species? Say.. an Enkeyn? XD
She is breedable, but how big are Enkeyns? I imagined her as being somewhere around average, if maybe on the small side, in size... (of course, if you think otherwise, that's fine XD)
-mew.

Firestone Weyr
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

I put her at 42' ^_^; Do you think I should shrink her down a little?

The average Enkeyn is 20', but supposedly the Sharians have ways of helping out those who want kids but who aren't.. entirely compatible >_>
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

i knew he was a vulpigeon! <3 thanks sil~
Sargon
Fledgling

Post by Sargon »

And Yes. It's Sid Vicious, ...from the Sex Pistols? If you need more images of him or some of the others that inspired the topic i can find them for you. :D
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Wow...is it just me, or did this month really fly by?

Only three more days to get images in and according to my records (Phe, can you confirm?) there are still 9 images due in!

Don't mean to pressure anyone, just want to make sure everyone's aware that the deadline is sneaking up on us! I know I didn't really realize that August was almost over until I happened to look at the date earlier...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Took the words right out of my mouth, Xalia. :D

*pokepokewithoutnagging* Ehehe.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Mine's half-colored! ^^ Well... maybe a third colored >.> It intimidates me ^^'
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Mine won't get done. Might as well mark me up as blacklisted, because there is absolutely no way in hell I can get mine in.
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

delyar wrote:Mine won't get done. Might as well mark me up as blacklisted, because there is absolutely no way in hell I can get mine in.
Shay, if anyone expects you to, I am personally blacklisting them. With a sledgehammer. :evil: You take care of the important things - people, and you! This has no need of addressal, and only should come to notice if you need it or us, or if it becomes an outlet for you. A piece of my heart is with you, and the rest is beating in my chest. :: offers more hugs :: You are fabulous, dahling. :wink: And I mean that. :D
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Skysong wrote:I put her at 42' ^_^; Do you think I should shrink her down a little?

The average Enkeyn is 20', but supposedly the Sharians have ways of helping out those who want kids but who aren't.. entirely compatible >_>
Lol, no, not at all. Make her what size you wish XD
And if the Enkeyns can get over the size issue, then go right ahead ^_^
And if not, there's always Abstract Destiny...
-mew.

Firestone Weyr
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Katasev!

Here's your dragon. If you want to make him transparent, go ahead ^^
Also the earings aren't very noticeable but I hope you like him!

Name: You choose
ID: dr021m
Species: Dar'keria
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Oh, Xalia, dear!

I hope you feel special. I actually broke out my markers for this XD Markers scare me. But it turned out okay, in the end ^^ Remind me, though, never try to outline scales again... >.> Fear my mad uneven, irregular scaling skillz!

Colour(s): I apologize. There's a tiny bit of pink in his ears. But he's mostly blue and white ^^
Features: Large ears, long, shaggy fur. Two tails. No forelegs.
Species: Ice dragon.
Element(s): Ice and Fire. His breed is an ice dragon, hence the icy tail... and yet he was born slightly mutated, with fire magic, hence the fiery tail. And fiery wings >.>
Theme: Contradictions/Inner struggles
Name: Eyre. I don't know why. It jumped out at me when I was looking through my list of names to use. Feel free to pick another if'n you don't like ^^
Magic: Control fire, manipulate temperature (freeze to boil), flight-- yes, he can fly, through basically creating drafts through the manipulation of hot and cold temperatures that the flame-wings catch. The flame-wings can change shape, as can the fire on his tail and crest, but they're always there: he can never make them lower than a simmering flame along his back. Verbal speech. No psionics at all. There's too many psionic dragons out there, dangit XD

History: Born of an Ice elemental dragon species on a notably cold planet, once Eyre's gift manifested at about adolescence, he became both loved and hated. Loved because, well, he was warm! Hated, because not only were people jealous, but he tended to make problems in caves full of icicles, ice lakes, igloos, ice sculptures, etc. By, of course, accidentally melting them! So he's had a bit of a tough life, never quite sure whether he's good or bad, trouble or welcomed, a freak or a hero, and thus has a somewhat conflicted personality and is constantly looking for some kind of affirmation of what he really should be.

Hope he works for ya, me dear : D I can tell you, I'm pleased with him ^^ Oh, and the two tails are a mutation; the rest of the species only has one tail.

Also, a gazillion thanks for Phe, as usual, for the amazing job at gif-izing ^^