August Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

OH.......MY.......GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SO AWESOME, Cacopheny!!! He's just so....mrr, I have no words...he's beautiful...*hugs him, gets burned and frostbitten all at once, doesn't care* Wow...I love him...poor poor guy...I love what you did with his History too...now I just need to find someone to take him in and make him feel loved...

*dances in glee* This really made my night, thank you so much! :D

Oh, and pink inside the ears is fine because it's a 'natural' pink...I can handle pink in small, natural doses...I just can't handle large quantities of pink, heh!

*runs off to sleep and then plot what to do with Eyre...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: giggles :: I figured the pink'd be okay XD There's a little on his toenails, too ^^

I'm so glad you like! : D :: bounces gleefully some, herself :: I had so much fun with him ^^ Even made his horns and claws and arrowheads on his tails opposite colors. And managed, somehow, to pull off copper with real media : D

W00t! My work here is done ^^ :: traipses off ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD That is completely ZOMG-worthy, Gayle! :DDD Have I ever mentioned how much I love your pencil-crayon skills? Because I do. XD You amazing thing you~! *handflops, giggles* X333 Cool design, too! Very original. :3
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Got him up on a page! I'll be updating him and writing a story eventually, just didn't have time this morning... :D

Is there anywhere I should link back to with him?

http://kilandaia.dragonbackdesign.com/bonds/eyre.html
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

Wow, that's a lotta scales XD Looks awesome, though~!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

Cacopheny wrote:Oh, Xalia, dear!

I hope you feel special. I actually broke out my markers for this XD Markers scare me. But it turned out okay, in the end ^^ Remind me, though, never try to outline scales again... >.> Fear my mad uneven, irregular scaling skillz!

Colour(s): I apologize. There's a tiny bit of pink in his ears. But he's mostly blue and white ^^
Features: Large ears, long, shaggy fur. Two tails. No forelegs.
Species: Ice dragon.
Element(s): Ice and Fire. His breed is an ice dragon, hence the icy tail... and yet he was born slightly mutated, with fire magic, hence the fiery tail. And fiery wings >.>
Theme: Contradictions/Inner struggles
Name: Eyre. I don't know why. It jumped out at me when I was looking through my list of names to use. Feel free to pick another if'n you don't like ^^
Magic: Control fire, manipulate temperature (freeze to boil), flight-- yes, he can fly, through basically creating drafts through the manipulation of hot and cold temperatures that the flame-wings catch. The flame-wings can change shape, as can the fire on his tail and crest, but they're always there: he can never make them lower than a simmering flame along his back. Verbal speech. No psionics at all. There's too many psionic dragons out there, dangit XD

History: Born of an Ice elemental dragon species on a notably cold planet, once Eyre's gift manifested at about adolescence, he became both loved and hated. Loved because, well, he was warm! Hated, because not only were people jealous, but he tended to make problems in caves full of icicles, ice lakes, igloos, ice sculptures, etc. By, of course, accidentally melting them! So he's had a bit of a tough life, never quite sure whether he's good or bad, trouble or welcomed, a freak or a hero, and thus has a somewhat conflicted personality and is constantly looking for some kind of affirmation of what he really should be.

Hope he works for ya, me dear : D I can tell you, I'm pleased with him ^^ Oh, and the two tails are a mutation; the rest of the species only has one tail.

Also, a gazillion thanks for Phe, as usual, for the amazing job at gif-izing ^^
Nice one, he's pretty ^^
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Xalia wrote:Got him up on a page! I'll be updating him and writing a story eventually, just didn't have time this morning... :D

Is there anywhere I should link back to with him?

http://kilandaia.dragonbackdesign.com/bonds/eyre.html
Sure, you kin link to http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven as that's my character site index. Advertisement, yay XD

Thanks for the compliments, guys! ^^ :: gives Terry-chan a pook, grins, and scampers off ::
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

i wish i could see mine... ^^;; Ice, it isn't showing up... dunno if it's just my computer or what...

i'm gonna go ahead and spill it - Shard, i got you, and it's gonna be a teensy bit late... ^^; i keep trying to get the shape right and it's just not cooperating. soooo it'll probably be done at least by tuesday, if not, by thursday at latest. i hope... >>;
~*~ Fukeru Ukuure - home of the Fedras! ~*~

Current Projects:
~First Flight @ the Ukuure
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay - that's fine, I didn't know who got me. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Rachael - in Santa Monica wrote:~ABOUT YOU~

Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw@gmail.com
Will you make a new image, or use a template?: New

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. Nuff said. (Say more later.)
OY!

Had to finish this in time, as I'm leaving to Vegas for my friend's 21st b-day, woo!

Okay, Rachael. I have to admit this gave me a LOT of trouble, as even though I've seen the movie, I'm really bad at making animals look like people and I'm even worse at drawing clothing :x :x So I hope this is all right for you! I broke out my Prismacolor markers for him, but I clearly need more practice :x

His name is Johlly Wonkepp, because I mixed the character's name with the actor XD

In case that file looks too icky gif-ized, here's a link to it in JPEG format:

http://www.theglasswolf.com/exchanges/f ... llyjpg.jpg
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

eeee! LOL! I was so looking forward to seeing who got this one! :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

XD XD XD XD Lakota, I love you. XD

Oh, I wish your friend happy times in Vegas! 21! Woo!

I just started laughing - he's wonderful! And I love the name. XD Weee! Johlly Wonkepp!! Heh, you did wonderfully with the clothes, and he looks wonderful beyond all imaginations! You have no need to think you are bad at drawing humanoids - he's fantabulous! XD Hahaha! I'm so happy! :: cuddle-huggle-squeeze ::

I shall love him and call him my Squishy, and my Squishy he shall be! >=D Thank you! Thank you so very, very much! Prismacolor! XD
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

hah! i think it was just my crap computer at home. i kin see it nooow Ice and i loves it. X3 he looks all broody and grr. spifftastic. must think of a name... >>

Current Projects:
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Lakota, I don't know what you're so worried about. XD He looks REALLY cool.
Skysong
Dragon

Post by Skysong »

*drools over the Deppdragon* XD XD~~
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Reminds me of the Jack Sparrow dragon I did for Sherra a while back.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol - someone should make a collection of Depp dragons. :) Quick, we need an Edward Scissorhands dragon!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Lerial
Fledgling

Post by Lerial »

...ok, mine's not getting in. Sorry, but... yeah, I'll give you a list of excuses even though excuses are pathetic.

translated 50 lines of Vergil this weekend and have 10-15 more to go for tonight
wrote an essay for english
have a statistics test tomorrow
was dragged to see the Blue Angels with my family (which took from about 10:30 to 5)
my sister leaves to move into her dorm (frosh year of college! yay!... *sad*) this week
and I'm sick.

I'll finish the bebbie I'm working on as soon as I can, I'm sorry it wasn't on time.
-mew.

"Sic, sic iuvat ire sub umbras." -Vergil, The Aeneid, Book 4, line 660

Firestone Weyr
Katasev
Fledgling

Post by Katasev »

send your sister my condolences and remind her to bring utensils, a bowl, a pot, and microwavable food/ramen. also towels. FUNCTIONAL towels. these are the things i have learned from experience. especially the utensils.

Current Projects:
~First Non-wild Clutch
~Dunans!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

LOL!

Yeah - I remember when me and Ilya moved in together and we had...

Bowls, plates, and ... spoons.

But no table, no forks and knives, and nothing to cook IN. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Katasev wrote:send your sister my condolences and remind her to bring utensils, a bowl, a pot, and microwavable food/ramen. also towels. FUNCTIONAL towels. these are the things i have learned from experience. especially the utensils.
Note: make sure the bowl is microwavable...and don't forget the microwave! :P *L* Ahh...the joys of starting college...that was a fun time...and seems like ages ago now! :shock:
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Xalia wrote:Note: make sure the bowl is microwavable...and don't forget the microwave! :P *L* Ahh...the joys of starting college...that was a fun time...and seems like ages ago now! :shock:
Actually, my dorm had its own microwave for the whole floor, cuz we weren't allowed to bring our own... : P Aw, man, it *has* been a while ^^
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*looks at all you people talking about college* ... Man, now I feel like a little kid. *huffs*

Well, anyway, yeah, not finished with mine obviously. But it's inked and scanned in! I just... need to stop getting distracted .... I have too many chat windows open. I'm talking with one person in three different screens! *laughs* one for rping, one for chatting, and one for chatting about the rp, oi ^^;; Too many windows, bad Starry, work on dragoning.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Tables? Who needs tables? I use my bed for everything.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Alrighty then, the 28th is over, so all images turned in after this point are late. To everyone that encompasses that's having hell with real life, don't worry about it. You deal with life first. I still gotta blacklist, but we all understand you've got bigger things on your plate right now. :)

I'll put up a thread for September Roll-Call/August Volunteers later today.