For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Hm, I'm pretty sure I don't have Kzats's image floating around anywhere. You wouldn't happen to have it, would you? I appear to have cleared it out when I switched some things around in my photobucket account. :(
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I don't have any images either, unfortunately, but I think Phe might! XD Speaking of which, Phe... do you have the ability to zip up the clutch 10 images? (Or... going out on a limb, all of the Star City images? o.o!) That way I won't have to keep bugging you for them a few at a time! XD
Dray
Dracolich

A Local Network Announcement

Post by Dray »

Attn: This is a City-wide notification. Repeat. This is a City-wide notification.

Over the past several days it's been noted that several vessels, both identified and not, have made their way to the station bearing xenomorphic cargo. While absolute security about the perimeters of the hatching bays were made to ensure safety, late breaking news suggests that a contaminant may have slipped through the Minister's close scrutiny.

Comments from xenomorphic expert and Security Minister, Gavin Vance, have not been forthcoming at this time, however SCNN is on the trail for answers.

In place of commentary, residents and visitors of Star City station are urged to stay in their homes or places of work until further notice. Inbound and outbound teleportation and shuttle traffic has been temporarily halted, though the exact reason has not been disclosed. These latest snapshots indicate mobilization of local Yautjadragon officers and suggest strongly that the disturbance is xenomorphic in nature.

What does this mean for Star City residents? Stay tuned with the latest updates at the top of the hour.

Now over to Terry Berkel with the weather. Terry?

((And in other news, Cemitae's clutches will go out in a retroactive bit of 'Ohshit these were supposed to be done years ago. DX

I'm working on Anger's clutch right now; redrew the adult image because the first one wasn't as appealing a shot. :3 There are like... 6 more spots for her clutch. I'm going to hatch it as soon as I have the writing and drawing done, which means anywhere from tomorrow to a couple of weeks from now. Visit Star City and read the rules to apply with a candidate if you'd like... otherwise the 'leftover' offspring will go to the dragon orphanage... poor little suckers. XD

The clutch happens BEFORE any of the xeno-action at Star City, in case you're wondering. 9.9 I've been getting a little ahead of myself with them thar bean-case-headed dragons!))
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*gigglefitandglee* Awesome. X3

(And also: @.@ *work fast to finish that story for SC clutches*)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

(Just the 5th one right now. XD the other two will be a little bit before they're done!)
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

(Well that's good news, at least. @.@ Though unfortunately, the story I had in the works for that clutch didn't get much further than the plotting stage before I got sidetracked. *sheepish* *work hard!*)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Are Slyan and Camilla's clutches proceeding as well? I'd really like to finish up my parental sponsorship story, and Camilla would definitely have some lovely babies. =)

EDIT: Heh, I'll take that as a yes, but not right now then. *putters around with Slyan's backstory notes* XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Yes, but I need to get everything done for them, which means that they're going to be another little while. XD School noms at me, and my progress with Star City is currently being fueled by guilt that I've let it sit, un-updated, for two years.

D:

So yes, but you don't have to feel that you need to put the pressure on to finish stories for Slyan or Camilla yet. X3 Anger's the one to go for if you've got independent stories.

If you want character inspiration, I could probably throw some prompts at you to play with, too?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh Lordie, talk about yer public relations nightmares. XD

Gavin: I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm happy to have xenos around me, and we get a mass invasion. Retejoss, start talking.
Retejoss: Yes, my queen! <3
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

((*sit in the shadows and OMGFANGIRL at Gavin* <33!!!))
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

X3 I will toss you a PM with insider details in a bit (probably being a couple of days?) I've got planss!
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Blargh, okay. XP I have my account working now... and pictures coming soon to the art board. Ahem.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I've been hankering to get Star City updated and changed from a half-functional adoption site to something that hosts information on the place as well as the myriad of species dwelling in it! While I'm still in the planning stages, I thought that I'd share where I'm headed with this:

A revamp of the info and dragon species section so that each dragon species has their own page -- similar to Phe's Abstract Destiny, though I would like an overview of all Nexus dragon species (with the info about the substrains, for example, of Pernese, and links to Weyrs or just names of adoption center owners)

A detailed section on Star City's physical layout, culture and politics, history, and native species -- I'm planning on trying some atmospheric images that I can intersperse with the text, since that's what I went to school for, after all! I'll have a section for recent events and a timeline, for those who have characters living there that want to know wtf has happened!

A revamp of the Star City mutts to fit with the setting; originally they'd been designed with the thought that plain was good, and could breed with anything. Now I'm working on five (two extinct) breeds that existed during the 1000 Year Reign and that still haven't bred back into a homogenous whole.

A DeviantArt group just for Star City, with events (mirrored here at the Nexus) such as flights, contests to design species, giveaways of Star City Mutts, and perhaps elections one day for the different roles of the Ministers. X3 Perhaps 'tasks' that involve drawing an image or writing a story to gain rarer dragons, too!

Anyways, this is all on the horizon. I am excited to get it underway, and in a few months, hopefully I'll be able to launch this mofo properly!

(As for the Cemitae clutches still on the sands and the birthday that never hatched, they are on my radar. I may build the site skeleton and address a couple of those clutches before I really reach out into the more pithy details; they need to be retconned in to fit with the timeline, as I'm not going to say that they've been sitting on the sands through two xeno infestations! XD)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Much Belated Yautjadragon Pickups
From a roleplay night way way way back in September 2010, I'd promised to give away some yautja dragons to players who had awesome IC or OOC reasons for snagging them. I've finally finished the images, and I thought that, if nothing else, tossing them up for you guys to see would tickle me because I spent a bunch of time on 'em. Even if you choose not to page them and use them, I really appreciated all of the effort you guys went to in the RP night and wanted to say thank you for the memories!

Here's the old info in case you didn't save it!

Yautjadragon Pickups
A band of five Yautjadragon brothers stumbled upon your party as you harried the Queen of the hive. Born of Adende Mei'Rhakarndi and an unnamed Star City Mutt, they are mongrels themselves and do not feel comfortable on the station, having only recently come up to join the battle. Several of them have decided to follow your characters, whether or not they stay on the station or go out to explore the Nexus!

JKatkina
Vadan Mei'Adende
Name: Vadan Mei'Adende
Species: Yautjdragon Mutt
Colour: White-Speckled Grey
Size: 20' at the shoulder, Large
Personality: The unofficial leader of the clutch, level-headed for the most part if not emotionally invested in what he believes in, Vadan has a strict code of honor that combines Yautja conduct with human sensibilities. He has experienced life as a constant trial-by-fire, leading his clutch-mates through many and desperate battles, the latest of which is only the crowning achievement. He is protective of his bond and those who choose to ride with him.
Bond: William Laurama
Info: A human male in his late forties, Laurama happened to be in the right place at the right time for Vadan's hatching, which in itself was a momentous occasion. He is a gruff man who reveals little of his emotions to the world, choosing to keep those behind strict codes of conduct.
Riders: [Calamity] Jane Rawlin
Info: A sometimes bawdy, emotional woman, Jane can never the less rationalize when need be, and is pragmatic throughout the worst situations. She is extremely intelligent, fearless, and when push comes to shove, ruthless to the extreme

Phoenix
Fumen Mei'Adende
Name: Fumen Mei'Adende
Colour: Black-Speckled Grey
Size: 19' at the shoulder, Large
Personality: A rough-shod Yautjadragon with a xenophobic sense of the world, Fumen never the less can respect true authority and courage, and is extremely loyal to the very end. He will never question his superiors, though he may question himself on a regular basis. Gavin's demonstration of power and determination opened Fumen's eyes past his automatic disgust for xenodragons and their kin; though he may dislike the idea of a man controlling a hive of creatures, he will fight for and stand behind Gavin through hell and back.
Bond: Jonny Tighnby
Info: A younger man with a smarmy grin and a missing eye, Johnny never the less is a genuinely convivial man who takes orders without a fight and is willing to throw himself before his superiors, in the most dire of situations. He has something of a drinking problem and has some difficulty controlling himself, which might be why he respects Gavin's ability to survive the past ordeal.

StarFyre
Moren Mei'Adende
Name: Moren Mei'Adende
Colour: White-Speckled Brown
Personality: A practical creature who has become so used to tearing fighting allies apart that it has become second nature, Moren is as adept with a special issue handcannon as he is with first aid. Partially this comes from his bond's knowledge, partially from his own nature, but Moren is blind to the different species of the world save for when it comes to patching them up. He can be harsh with his words, but feels that sugar-coating the truth is a disservice to those he is helping. He follows his own code of justice that sometimes works counter to the wills of superiors.
Bond: Sherman Keytle
Info: An older man who was attending the yautjadragon clutch to monitor their hatching, rather than in an attempt to bond, himself, Keytle has taken to his new lot in life with a surgeon's grumbling acceptance of things that have gotten out of his hands. He is observant and seems to make uncanny observations about those around him, whether or not they are willing to wear their hearts (figuratively) on their sleeves. Sherman is a smoker, despite the risks, and has already had a lung transplant due to cancer. His sense of humor is often sinister or dark, though he is not a dark-hearted man.

Jess
Rutan Mei'Adende
Name: Rutan Mei'Adende
Colour: Black-Speckled Brown
Size: 20' at the shoulder, Large
Personality: Hot-headed and impractical -- or perhaps he simply thinks too far outside the box for most people to follow, Rutan holds dear a code of honor and is perfectly willing to scuffle with anyone who should cross him. He loves to goad others to violence simply to prove their worthiness, and is always challenging authority. The problem with disciplining Rutan is that he is very often right, once one strips away the insults and haughty challenges.
Bond: Emilé Yoland
Info: A freckled blonde woman in her late twenties, Emilé is just as wild as her bond, and just as intelligent. She lives life on a self-erected pedestal, talking down on anyone who gets too close to her, getting into scuffles with superiors at nearly every twist and turn. There are few that she truly respects, and even those she will bait from time to time, just to keep them on their toes. Reckless as she is, it's not surprising that she finds Selien and Omon respectable folk with their displays of courage on the battlefield.

Xalia
Chavan Mei'Adende
Name: Chavan Mei'Adende
Colour: White-Speckled Black
Personality: Chavan is somewhat reserved, compared to his brothers. He is a heartfelt, emotional creature who strives to find justice -- real justice -- in the world, whether that means destroying criminals, or rooting out the wrongs done by otherwise respectable people. Sometimes his heart can cloud his judgment, but he does try his best and is earnest to the very last.
Bond: Leonard Adams
Info: A stiff-necked man with some qualms about how the universe currently works, Leonard respects the chain of command for the most part, but sometimes feels the need to go beyond that authority to see what is right to fruition. He is something of a romantic, under his stodginess, and has some difficulty seeing the world through practical lenses.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Aw. My past self makes me sad. Those are awesome!!!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Well, I'll toss a PM/email out to those who got 'em, and if someone doesn't want one/doesn't reply in a couple of weeks, I would be happy to pass him on!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

That would be sweet!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Regardless, I think having another RP-night (Even if it's not Yautiedragons... XD) would be fun. Still Nano-ing, but only a few days left of that!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Yeah! I am down for RPing anytime!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Oh, Rutan looks awesome! Will have to get him up next week, once I don't have to try catching up on my NaNo attempt anymore XD

So far behind it's not funny, but not giving up yet!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Yee! Oh I'm glad you emailed me, I would have been sad to miss these! They're fantastic! 8D
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Wow! I'd completely forgotten about these guys, but thanks so much, Dray! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Star City - Updates and New Frontiers

Post by Dray »

Calling JKatkina, Xenoqueen, Xalia, Jess D and StarFyre

Have y'all paged your yautjadragon yet? I would love to see links. I know I don't often impose deadlines for dragons to be paged by, but these guys were pretty special to me! If you have not paged your dragons yet, please either have them paged by October 31st, 2013 or else let me know that you don't have the intention to. It would be much appreciated.
aireona93
Dragon

Re:

Post by aireona93 »

Dray wrote:I've been hankering to get Star City updated and changed from a half-functional adoption site to something that hosts information on the place as well as the myriad of species dwelling in it! While I'm still in the planning stages, I thought that I'd share where I'm headed with this:

A revamp of the info and dragon species section so that each dragon species has their own page -- similar to Phe's Abstract Destiny, though I would like an overview of all Nexus dragon species (with the info about the substrains, for example, of Pernese, and links to Weyrs or just names of adoption center owners)

A detailed section on Star City's physical layout, culture and politics, history, and native species -- I'm planning on trying some atmospheric images that I can intersperse with the text, since that's what I went to school for, after all! I'll have a section for recent events and a timeline, for those who have characters living there that want to know wtf has happened!

A revamp of the Star City mutts to fit with the setting; originally they'd been designed with the thought that plain was good, and could breed with anything. Now I'm working on five (two extinct) breeds that existed during the 1000 Year Reign and that still haven't bred back into a homogenous whole.

A DeviantArt group just for Star City, with events (mirrored here at the Nexus) such as flights, contests to design species, giveaways of Star City Mutts, and perhaps elections one day for the different roles of the Ministers. X3 Perhaps 'tasks' that involve drawing an image or writing a story to gain rarer dragons, too!

Anyways, this is all on the horizon. I am excited to get it underway, and in a few months, hopefully I'll be able to launch this mofo properly!

(As for the Cemitae clutches still on the sands and the birthday that never hatched, they are on my radar. I may build the site skeleton and address a couple of those clutches before I really reach out into the more pithy details; they need to be retconned in to fit with the timeline, as I'm not going to say that they've been sitting on the sands through two xeno infestations! XD)

I know this was for a while ago, but I just want to say that this would be totally awesome. :3 I always wanted to know more about Star City.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Vadan and his folks are up! I was right; all I had to do was upload the damn page. XD

http://avengaea.com/characters/williamjane.html#vadan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I.. I... ... damnit, I don't think I ever uploaded my awesome surgeon and his yautie bond. THIS WILL BE CORRECTED!
Dray
Dracolich

Re: Re:

Post by Dray »

aireona93 wrote:
Dray wrote:I've been hankering to get Star City updated and changed from a half-functional adoption site to something that hosts information on the place as well as the myriad of species dwelling in it! While I'm still in the planning stages, I thought that I'd share where I'm headed with this:

I know this was for a while ago, but I just want to say that this would be totally awesome. :3 I always wanted to know more about Star City.
Hodang, yeah! I had started in on that but the task was monumental and I did not have the patience to update even the stuff that was half-done already. ;_; It's a lot of work!
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

I can imagine! It would be super cool though if it ever happened.

I have been working on putting together a simple database of Nexus species (starting with ones that I have members of), and that's been quite an interesting task. Info is hard to dig up sometimes.

There was so much creativity here though! It's awesome. :)
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Here is my Projectionist: http://testasodofenda.com/aaliyah.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope to have her bond's page up sometime this week.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage