Star City - Updates and New Frontiers

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Star City - Updates and New Frontiers

Post by Dray »

It's that time of year again! Star City may not have been very active, but with it's upcoming fourth birthday around the corner, things are about to change.

Check out the bday bash page:
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/adop ... ty/bday08/

And fill the form out before the third in order to get in on the deal. (remember to email the forms; don't post them here!)

As a WARNING, all dragons not paged from last years birthday bash are going to be abandoned! If yours isn't linked, send the URL in ASAP so I know the dragon has been paged! (The link to the 07bash can be found from the 08bash page.)

This post will contain relevant, up-to-date information on the state of Star City and what's happening flight, clutch, and hatching-wise at the time.

Current Updates
August 23:
The records page is slowly being updated to include updated flight and hatching stories, and updated lineage charts. With the exception of hatching stories 27-29 (which have been lost due to agency juggling between Phoenix and myself) all of the hatching stories have been updated.

Thanks for your patience, to everyone who's sent in a candidate! I really appreciate it!

April 20:
A preview for Anger x Cemitae's clutch. :3

April 18:
Star City events will be on hold until after April 27th. After that point, preview images will be released, and you will have roughly two weeks to send in candidates and sponsors for the current three clutches -- if you want a head-start, get your candidates in today!

February 22:
HAY GUYS, CHECK IT OUT! :D

February 21: Star City is in the process of being moved.
I can no longer update anything at lmfao.org.uk, and while I have no idea why not, I have long since lost contact with the admin.

Please hold tight for further announcements.

Older Updates

Officially, I'd like to say that I'm going to be moving between agencies-- Star City, the BWR, and Kalyturn's Center --as I'm feeling able to keep up with them. For this reason, one agency or another will often be either slow to respond or on hiatus, but I won't be shutting any down forever (unless there's zero interest, of course!) Star City is a semi-traditional adoption agency that requires candidate/sponsor stories, and will provide flight and hatching stories with the pickup page. The BWR is a less strict agency that will take stories, stats pages, or straight-up giveaway forms, but won't provide hatching stories with pickup pages. Kalyturn's agency is less strict still, with no requirements whatsoever, and dragons are given out via email on an individual basis.

Status
Star City - Open
BWR - On Hold
Kalyturn's Agency - Slow (Will respond to emails when time permits)
Last edited by Dray on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am, edited 20 times in total.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*coos* Yay! If you need risers or chasers, I'm willing to pimp out some beauties. ^_^
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm going to set up a new system for how flights and clutches work, since now that Phoenix has her own agency, I'll be doing all of the work myself.

If I need any risers or chasers, however, I'll put out a call for them. :3
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*ears perk*

SCD reopening?

Starburst will be there.

She loves teh Star City.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

EEE!!! *glomps Terryter* =3

Sorry, I'm inarticulate atm. ^^;;;
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you check http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/SCD/ , some of the pages have been updated to the new format, though I still have a long way to go. I've done everything from the main page to the Bonding Rules, but haven't yet done the actual candidate or hatching bay pages, let alone the records and so on.

If you check the flight boards, you'll notice that there's a single flight looking for chasers! Make sure that you read the flight rules, and post chasers here (one per person). There isn't a max number of chasers allowed, but once I pick the winner I'll close it off. (Also, flight-stories written on the part of the chaser-owner will help with chances of winning, but aren't required.)

It's been so long that I've written any flight stories that I'm actually kind of excited to do one, again.

Also, I'm not sure how long it will take to get around to it, but once I get to revamping the records page I will be doing another mass-check for working links. Those that don't will be put on a list, here, and you'll have two weeks to respond with the moved link. If you don't respond I'll be re-adopting 'em out. X3 A chance for old-school SCD Dragons, whoo!

Further info as it becomes available!
Last edited by Dray on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Chaser's Name: Iris Rona’de
Chaser's Gender: Female
Chaser's Colour/Breed: Yellow Mutt (Chaotic/Wraith/Featherdragon/Old World/Danachian/SCD/Iullerbrillan)
Chaser's URL: http://www.geocities.com/charries93/iris.html
Chasing Who?: Cemitae Rufasilex
Comments: I hope that that is it... I read the rules like three times looking for anything special. ^ ^; Oh well. Happy to see SCD open anyway.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nope, nothing hidden in the flight-rules! ^_^ Thanks for submitting her, I'll have her on the list shortly!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

I hope this stays open for a bit... wanna send somebody, but wanna write for it... I mean, it's Cemitae XD
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It ought to be. ^_^ I haven't put a limit on chasers, I'm just going to close it in a couple of weeks or if I get moren' enough chasers to write something for.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Chaser's Name: Sinaeath
Chaser's Gender: female
Chaser's Colour/Breed: Light Court White/Vella Creanian
Chaser's URL: http://www.geocities.com/new_warren/roahstats.html
Comments: Sina's first flight. She's a touch nervous.

Chaser's Name: Anger
Chaser's Gender: female
Chaser's Colour/Breed: Flame-tipped stone-rigged black/GMS (Genetically Modified Sin)
Chaser's URL: http://www.geocities.com/new_warren/roahstats.html
Comments: The instigator of this idea. She flies using telekenetics, though I haven't listed that on her stats.

I'll try to write up a story for these two. :3 You'll need one given how Rugan's going to react to the idea.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

One chaser at a time, Mystic! XD Unless you absolutely have to have both of them together!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> Well they're bonded to the same person, so that's why I sent both. If you'd prefer just one, then I'll take Sinaeath off.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

oh so tempted~ but if i sent you one I'd get confused, in my current halfdead state. XP I'll just toss you chasers when the time comes.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

If you write me a story for them, Mystic, I'll allow both--if not, then pick one! X3

I look forward to you sending someone in, DNS!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

SCD open!? *dies* I MUST send a chaser! And if he doesn't win I shall have him stand!! *dashes off to look over her unfinished list of dragons*
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Psst. Dray's looking for -female- chasers. <_<
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

^^;, yeah, I missed that little detail and then I visited the site and saw that a male was rising and then made this face: *O.o.....-.-...oops*

lol
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Buee hee hee hee. X3 I like to do little unexpected things like that.

Feel free to send 'em in! :D I can't wait!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey, 'Shai? Is Lacass moved to a new page? I'm just checking out old links and noticed that hers was wrong! :O

(I'm going to be making a big post on missing links pretty soon. Records-revamp here I come!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I would send 'Sati if she were old enough (and Zia were not forced to sleep with Andy >_>) but she's not so the point is moot. Of course she has to end up with Veresti at the end but that doesn't mean she can't have some fun before then.
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Andy isn't even around for Cemitae's flight. Dragon took off on his bond because the two were at a disagreement (Dunno if I made that clear in the pre-flight story or whatnot. >.>)
If she grows up in time then feel free to send her in!
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Dray--Would you have any objection to a dragon who's parents are techincally brother and sister?

(I need to get her up on a page, if it's ok, I'll shoot for this weekend)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD I think at this point it depends on what she looks like and what kind of dragon she is... I probably won't pick her if she's likely to have inbreeding problems, but if not then there's a chance I would. ^^;
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

She looks like this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/ ... amilla.gif

The pink in scarring, not genetic..
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Is she a Dyrmyst dragon, or one that looks similar?
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

She's a Spirit--Like Dark (Dark and Grelene are her parents, and all of the Twelve are 'siblings' as they were created by the same spirit). She is/isn't a Dyrmyst dragon, as in the color limitations only come into effect with a Dyrmyst Dragon.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Ooh, Camilla... *gently pets*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

You said she'll have a page, eventually? Anywhere I can snoop for her abilities or what she might pass on to offspring, or would you mind putting a bit down, here? X3 I'm curious.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I'm working on a story for my two. I've got it planned out, but this week has been hell. @.@ Not so much classes as my school being born out of the mafia. They want their money and they want it NOW.