September Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

O_o. Wow!! That is awesome. Thanks sooo much Myr!! *hug* *is in awe* That's mine?
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Unyko
E-mail: unykness (at) pegaruny (dot) com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Navy blue, silver
Features: See theme
Species: Draconic? *shrug* Or feline, or wolfish.. <3 or all of the above! X3 prefferably something that you wouldn't mind being mixed with other species. ^.^;;;
Element(s): See theme
Theme: Kay, you can pick one of three things.

1: Cybernetic dragon. X3 With mech parts and useful replacements and whatnot. Up to you exactly what and how much is replaced, but I do love useful attatchments/whatnot.

2: Fancy! So okay, watch me snatch Myr's past requests for pretty dragons. *snrk* <3 So yeah, whatever you think is pretty/fancy/goodlookin. *salute!* Any decorations/markings/whatever you feel like, though I love swirlies and/or zebra/tiger stripes and/or jaguar rosettes. And/or glowies. X3

3: Your 'signature' species of dragon. ^.~ Yup, goin' back to my old request. <3 If you have a species that you love to do, or your first draconic design, or even just something that no one else really actually does. (ie: Myr's whorlings, Nessie's deadanimals, etc.. <3!)

Gender: *shrug* up to you, or you can leave it open an' I'll decide later. ^.^
Name: Ditto.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Purple, Blue, Black, Silver
Species: Dragon
Element(s): See Theme
Theme: I am on a beeeg Pokémon kick right now, (thanks to http://www.pokemoncrater.com ), and I would like a Pokémon-based dragon. Any Pokémon--doesn't have to be one of the dragon elements. Use the colors I have, and have fun!

Examples: http://www.edgeofshadows.com/ShadowEdge ... otisa.html (Milotic, done by Naeodin)
Gender: Whichever they look like--unless you use one of the gender-specific species, then go with that gender.
Name: Something similar to the species (though not exact), I'll figure something out if you don't want to.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Shadow, here's your dragon! D: I hope it's moon-y enough... the glowy-bits ended up looking more like fire then I intended... it's supposed to be whisps of glow coming from the fluff on it's furry back-veins.

This is one of a species known as Nightmourners, mostly because they only come out at night (or in places that recieve little to no light), and because the glowing strips running from eyes to muzzle glisten like tears. They come in a wide variety of different colours but all of them emit a ghostly glow from the eight, hairy back-veins that jut from either side of their spine, as well as from the antennae over their heads.

They're about the size of a draft horse but built much more daintily, walking either on all fours or in a raptorine stance. Their tails look vaguely like full moons, and are actually small, glowing globes that emit a sort of force-field that makes said globes look larger. This is where their magic is focussed, so it's common to see a Nightmourner holding his or her tail-globe and meditating over it, or drawing strands of magic from it for whatever purpose it needs.

Its magic, almost a physical thing, is most closely likened to spider-silk. It comes in millky, glowing white strands and the Nightmourner can manipulate it into objects and illusions that will immediately dissipate when light touches them. Its magic can also be used as a hallucinogenic, euphoric drug that leaves the user feeling sleepy and and peace with the world, also with dulled pain. It can also leave the user feeling deep remorse--and if abused, will leave the user with suicidal thoughts.

Nightmourners are typically solitary creatures, sometimes coming together to court another and to mate--if that's the case, two Nightmourners will stay together until shortly after Nightlings are born (two or four per litter) and the parents will split ways, each with one or two Nightlings. Nightlings do not mate for life. In-breeding typically has little effect on offspring, except that their magic will become more potent and less easily handled, and will lead to stronger side-effects with users. Sometimes physical deformities like exceedingly guant bodies and drooping, difficult-to-move back-veins will also result.

If you put your Nightmourner into light it will seek the closest form of shade or darkness that it can. Unlike a vampire, it won't burn up and die, but direct sunlight reacts poorly with the chemicals that create its effervescent glow, stinging like a bad rash. It also deadens the magic accumulated in its tail, leaving the Nightmourner with a burnt-out-light appearance.

Of average intelligence, Nightmourners will adapt well to various Nexus-residencies, and are open to breeding with other species, though they prefer other night-goers like themselves and cannot fly, so are restricted to mating on the ground.

They have very little in the way of naming conventions, though their names are (somewhat like Kitsuneko's guys, I think!) often taken from the world around them: things like "Grey Cloud" and "Winterglow", etc. are common.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Give your dragon a name and gender--it'll have cousins shortly because I'm going to use the same template for my own agency, if you don't mind. >.>
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Holy cow. That's beautiful.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

omg. Dray, I am in love with that thing. ;-; Lucky you, shadow~
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: TyGryph
E-mail: ryslen_red@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Royal Blue, Royal Purple, Scarlet, metallic gold -- anything "rich" and "expensive"
Features:
Species: Dragon or gryphon
Element(s):
Theme: Royal/Regal

Take as much (or as little) liberty with my request as suits your muse. The colors are examples/options and not required. :)
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Fuzzy
E-mail: eyesoftwil*ight@comc*ast.net (ditch the *)

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): any
Features: any
Species: dragon
Element(s): any
Theme: "Vanilla" by Gackt :}
Name: any!

It's a popular song and I'm listening to it right now. XD Let's see what you can come up with!
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

WOW!! O.O *is in awe* Words cannot decribe my thanks. You can use the template. I don't mind. *hugs* i just don't know what to say. Thank you!!! :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Just let me know what name and gender you're giving it, and the link, when you get it up, so that I can link to it in my records, please. ^_^
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: see theme
Species: draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: This is Karensa: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpkar.html
I would like to breed her with the biggest, meanest nastything anyone can find. You can take anything from my database (linked in my sig), except Vrine'winith: http://www.geocities.com/diwpersonas/sfpkar.html ; something from your database; or something of someone else's, with permission. You can mix her with multiple critters from multiple owners, a la biosything. Just give me a link to whoever/whatever they are, please. ^^ My only request is no more than two heads, and don't breed her with other bunny-like dragons. Or dog/catdragons, I don't think she'd appreciate that. XD
Name: You pick or I will
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Indigo
E-mail: indigounicorn@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): golds/red/orange-see theme
Species: any *g*
Element(s): -
Theme: Autumn. Since it's September the change of colors has put me in the mood for autumn - trees like fire and the wind, rain and the return of the night sky. :) an alternate theme is Legend of Zelda - just pick something Zelda and go with it.
Name: you name or I will
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Species: See theme
Theme: Got absolutely no real ideas for this month... so do me something interesting. Go wild.
Name: I'll name it when I see it.
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Rachael
E-mail: ashenpaw@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Species: Xeno, and something fuzzy and hugable.
Theme: Fluffy xeno. The warrior princess. Make it absurd, loveable, kick-arse; anything. I want to see wild creativity. 8D If you are stumped, just ask for more detail from me (don't want to frustrate anyone).
Name: You name, I name, what goes flows.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Are we going to see exchanges this month? Nothing has been said about mailing out or closing?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Nyerf. Brain dead by megaclutch. ^_^* Mails're sent!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

*sniffs at her ears, trying to see if brains smell good enough to be tasty*

YaaaaaayPhee! Thankies. ^ ^ {glompfest}

Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Unkyo! I gots you! ^_^

This was a lot of fun- I had a random idea and it all flowed out in a 5-hour one sit. I didn't even make any drawing/inking mistakes, woohoo!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Navy blue, silver - check!
Species: Draconic? *shrug* Or feline, or wolfish.. <3 or all of the above! X3 prefferably something that you wouldn't mind being mixed with other species. ^.^;;; - big kitty paws with huge canid claws, canid nose on feline muzzle... check! ^^
Theme: Kay, you can pick one of three things.

1: Cybernetic dragon. X3 With mech parts and useful replacements and whatnot. Up to you exactly what and how much is replaced, but I do love useful attatchments/whatnot. -check!

2: Fancy! So okay, watch me snatch Myr's past requests for pretty dragons. *snrk* <3 So yeah, whatever you think is pretty/fancy/goodlookin. *salute!* Any decorations/markings/whatever you feel like, though I love swirlies and/or zebra/tiger stripes and/or jaguar rosettes. And/or glowies. X3 - swirlies, check! tiger stripes & jaguar spots, check!

Name: you name it!!

About the species:

*"Cyzen Dragons"- called so for "Cyber Zen" dragons; designed by a guy in Septus Alpha, Nonanut who thought they looked like Asian-style cybernetic dragons in some aspects and due to the 'therapeutic' manner in which their communication tablets changed color.
*6-7' tall at the shoulder
*created in the same manner as AI, but are always built considerably more advanced than humans or lower-quality AIs- they have free will and are self-aware.
*communicate by means of the 'mood ring' communication tablets permanently designed to hang between its lower teeth and under its chin. When in distress, words appear that its owner can 'read' to get its message across faster, but this is taxing on the Cyzen.
When green: 'default', okay
When pink: affectionate (deep pink = desiring mating)
When black: unconscious, comatose or dead
When red: angry!
When brown: sick
When yellow: happy
When orange: reprogramming itself
When purple: (not yet programmed)
When blue: sleeping
When white: auto-recovery (if systems crash)
Multicolored: mixed emotions

They'll be at the OAC, but yours's still gonna stay special and unique. ^^ Hope you like- I had fun!

Edit: those orange things on the dragon are fiber-optic 'feathers' and can glow and change colors at the same time as the communicator tablet. The back-feathers extend from shoulder-sitting cybernetic pieces and the glowy cyan things are LED lights. :)

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-stares at it- I WANT TO HUG IT.
;-; shweet dragon, fuzzy. I envy unyko and your drawing skillz. ^^
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

[cackles happily] TY!

I wanna hug it too. >_<"

aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

OMG! CD! That thing is awesome! ^ ^ YAY!
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Scratch that, they're special presents. >.< I'm not pleased with the notion of a 40+ layer template.

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Rachael, I got you!

Fluffy hybrid xeno! Xenoprincess ^^
ImageImageImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

I am in love!

Princess, my sweet, fly this way!

*opens arms*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Holy... *.* *cling on dragon* *dies of glee* PERFECT. *spechless* <33!!! I seriously didn't expect anything, much less my own, to be done so soon! *dances around* ^.^ Thank you sooooooo much!! *cuddle* Shhe will be able to run rampant and have all kinds of fun in/around Magis. X3

(Ahh, attack of the Excited Uny and her rabid/rampant exclamation points!!!!!! XD)
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DNS »

Shio!

I am not happy with this, at all.
In general, the picture is bad, proving once again that i should not draw when sick. X.x
but it got worse because my scanner thinks that anything I put ANY effort into should be eaten. X.x Literally, all of the shading didn't show up. IRL art gets layers and layrs of shading in various colours, and my scanner showed.. maybe two? which made me angry.
So i stuck it in photoshop, set he layer to multiply and tried to recolour under it really quick.
and I mean REALLY quick.
and i failed.
Thus, here you go. I call it sir ramsalot. because he has ram horns, and monty python is in the background right now.
:DDD
feel free to shoot me.

edit: Magic eraser tool doesn't love me. D:

seriously, though, I feel horrible for having only that to offer to you.
So this month, your exchange has a part 2.
>.> Even though he hatched yesterday, I've been roleplaying the KasparXhoren baby I gave myself for ages. In that roleplay, he's hooked up with one Sheera'Ol gredelle, and i've been sketching babies for them for a little while now.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/ ... /missy.png
that's a link to the one sketch I'm okay with.
I scanned it becase A- it was on the same page as sir ramsalot, and B- because I was briefly entertaining the idea of throwing up yet another glowy clutch for nexus. IDea B has been murdered, for the moment-- don't want to overflood nexus with glowies and get everoyne sick of them, AND i have a lot of work on my hands. but as I've scanned it already, I might's'well colour that particular sketch, you know? For practice.
So. I'll be making two or three draogns out of that lineart. X.x isn't much, bad quality, sketchy and whatnot, but yeah? Pick some colours, maybe some markings, and i'll jump on it?

Sorry for having nothign good to offer you. X.x seriously, if you dislike this and the second option, or just one of the options, tell me nad I will redo~~
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

Unyko wrote:Holy... *.* *cling on dragon* *dies of glee* PERFECT. *spechless* <33!!! I seriously didn't expect anything, much less my own, to be done so soon! *dances around* ^.^ Thank you sooooooo much!! *cuddle* Shhe will be able to run rampant and have all kinds of fun in/around Magis. X3

(Ahh, attack of the Excited Uny and her rabid/rampant exclamation points!!!!!! XD)
X3 *cackles happily* Wooooohooo! Glad ya like. ^.^ [bounces] Hehehehe! ^ ^ *warm fuzzy feeling*

DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Shiolar~!
part two. If you dislike the colours, I shall redo-- i saved the template.
I was gonna put in some kind of background, but I decided that they all took too much away from the dragon.
:/ The shading on this and it in general is awkward-- i deviated from my usual way of doing this kind of thing, and ended up having to have two overlayed shading layers.. which is why everything is so dark. :/ my attempts to fix it didn't go over too well with adobe, so urgh. X.x
Also sorry it isn't transparent-- light lineart wouldn't let me use the magic eraser tool. :/ argh.
anyway, here. Do whatever you like with it~ If you decide to keep it, the last name would be Uena'Aisi-Gredelle, because combinations are neat, and the first name would follow the mother's naming conventions.
edit- on second thought, have a choice. Pick one, or both. XP or neither, in which case, tell me what you do want. ^^

and as whiteless a version I could get of the first one, which is, chronologically the second:
i r link
not very whiteless.
Last edited by DNS on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey, that electric effect is pretty cool! How'd you get it to look like that?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

It's a layer style set I have. I did the usual boring way I do glowies- circular, half transparent opacity tool, and over that I put on this particular layer set. I could probably toss it to you, but I dunno if it would work on CS. :/