September Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

September Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Astra (August 06 - Received Shard)
Caesius Draco (July 06 - Received Shiolar)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
IceCat (August 06 - Received Dracothrope)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
Phoenix (June 06 - Received Mystic)
PinkDragon (August 06 - Received Cacopheny)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November 05 - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
Dracothrope
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through September 7th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: CacophenyAngel
E-mail: cacopheny@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you
Species: I'd prefer something pre-existing, or that could conceivably be a mix of several pre-existing things, or with a reason to be what it is ^^
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Two themes: villainy, and a song! : D Song, entitled "The Seven Seas of Rhye" (or Rye? XD ) by Queen, may be found here, http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/Queen-7SeasOfRhye.mp3 I'm looking for villains to write into stories, still, and I think this would make an interesting one >.>
Name: Up to you, or I'll name it
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Dray
E-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See Theme
Features: See Theme
Species: Mutt?
Element(s): See Theme
Theme: I'm looking for a pedigreed dragon, this month. That means, one from parents that actually exist in the Nexus. If you would prefer not to use any two of your dragons, then feel free to use any of mine.

http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/
Anything in the above site is available for you to breed from--barring either two of my Matrix dragons. Ahbreviaka and Vanar are off limits (and they don't have a long pedigree, anyways.)
http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/
Here are some more dragons (There is some overlap, since I moved these from the previous site when lmfao did it's few-months crash.) Again, anything here is available for breeding for this project, regardless of IC attachments.

If you /want/ to use your own dragons, or one of yours and one of mine, that's perfectly fine! The restrictions are that each parent has to have at least one section of their pedigree that runs back five generations. (This means researching via link-hopping, google, however you can think of to dig deeper!) Preference goes to those that have a longer pedigree--eight generations or more would be ideal!

Bonus points if you include a dragon whose parent/ancestor is 'famous', like Sixth, Aunes Selamputo, Myrah'care, etc. (If you're new to the Nexus and haven't heard of any of these, then don't worry about this part.)

While I'm not necessarily looking for the best traits, colours, or abilities, they /are/ another plus. If your dragons are subdued in colouration (natural colours, black/white, cool colours--basically anything that doesn't clash, or have a gaudy pattern) then all the better!

Thanks so much in advance, I very much appreciate it. :)

Name: Something that follows the naming conventions of the family tree (if there are any)
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Blacks and dark blues. Spacey colors
Features: Go wild with a space theme. As long as it looks a bit draconic I'm happy. Though please not too many heads.
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Lunar
Theme: Space
Name: I'll choose
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): black and dark blue or dark red
Features: must fly, preferably bipedal if draconic, may be humanoidish
Species: any
Element(s): is leather an element?
Theme: Heroics! Retail Retali8r and Lethayukulen are looking for a team mate!
www.geocities.com/comic_gallery/coh/retail-dragon.htm
Name: you decide, can have a secret identity too?
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Phe, both DF and Indigo turned in their July exchange pics last month, and I think Kayla accepted DNS's lineart....
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Dusty, light brown with bright green eyes
Features: NO wings-that's his most distinctive feature. Otherwise, same goes for this as the other two.
Species: See Theme
Element(s): Earth, Magic
Theme: Last month I got Aaka, and before that Saurii, so now it's time for an Imaru-dragon!
Once again, I am looking for a dragon version of my Athanasian God, Imaru. His features and appearance as a Meera is described here: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adoption/meera.html
and his human description is: "Imaru (Ee-MAR-oo): One of the three main dieties on Athanasia. He takes the form of a young boy about ten years old, with sandy-colored hair and bright green eyes. He likes to appear as a poor beggar boy. He is the caretaker of the planet and God of Magic."
Again, feel free to take some liberties in his appearance as a dragon. The important bit is that, unlike the others, he has no wings.
Athanasian dragon page: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adop ... agons.html
Example: http://geocities.com/darklingdawnperson ... ewest.html
Name: Imaru
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Whoops. In my determination to start this month on time, I didn't double-check everything. XD Thankee, Myr.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- she should've though. Kayla, if you ever want a random dragon from me, I offer. ^^

anyway, my signup~

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DNS
E-mail: Dada.siegt@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Any
Features: Glowies? Interesting thins?
Species: Any
Element(s): Any
Theme: //
Name: //
Note: Maybe a cross between two existing dragons? Maybe a modified cross? Maybe not a cross~ you decide. ^^

Edit-- also, if you'd like more structure to it, you can draw me an image of one/two more recent characters/very powerful spirits who figure into one of my mini-worlds. They aren't exactly gods; mindspace doesn't have gods, just really powerful/legendary spirits. But yes, anyway. They're two females, and they're together, so you can draw them in teh same image, or you can draw one of the two, either or. Their working names are Soliel and Noctourne, which will change, of course. >.> (they were originally a project for class.) Soliel represents the sun, Noctourne represents night AND the moon. Their pseudo-mortal enemies/lovers. Descriptions- (you can make additions to these to make them more interesting, and add some new colours so long as they go with the theme (yellow on soliel), or there aren't that many
Soliel is very bright. She shines with sheens of gold, but her scales are actually silver, with perhaps a gold underbelly . In the myth, she is as bright as the sun, but not for the purposes of the image. :/ maybe some glowies, or a nice body glow, but not more than that, please? She's got golden eyes, and a rather serpentine body. She's pretty big, considering she represents a celestial body-- that said, for what she is, she's very small, incredably tiny. (so maybe 9' at the shoulder). She can shapeshift. Everything else is up to you.
Noctourne is the personification of night, and is therefore dark. Duh. She's huge, even for something that represents a celestial body, and certainly huge in comparison to Soliel. Think this way-- Soliel represents the sun. Noctourne represents the whole night sky, and her eye represents the moon. the proportions will be more realistic, of course, but yes. Soliel is between 1/3-1/5 Noctourne's size. Noctourne is wolflike, very wolflike. She's still a dragon, but she looks atleast half wolf, and probably more. her fur is a mix of very dark blues, purples, and blacks. Everything else is up to you. maybe some glowy bits on her fur for stars, or some glowies? i dunno, but yes.
that, or the original request.
Last edited by DNS on Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Silver Midnight
E-mail: silverfirelancer@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Yellow! But not a bright yellow, a soft, golden yellow.
Features: Classical dragon, but not too plain...I hate plain dragons. >>; No Pernese.
Species: Dragon
Element(s): Fire
Theme: Classica Dragon
Name: Suggestions?
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Mystic Dragon
E-mail: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

Nrrg... I really wanna wait until I get one or both of my V dragons, but I've got ideas now that I want out. Plus I really miss drawing for this thing. Yay creativity!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): neon yellow and green
Features: Long, newt-like, BIG eyes, and those cute little newt paws. >.> And glowy
Species: dragon
Element(s): cave-dwelling, water
Theme: I have this little plastic newt thing. It glows in the dark and it's kept me company for years. I've grown attached to the little guy. He now sits on top of the main computer, always ready to be played with should a download or reply take too long. So I want to give him a life in the Nexus now.
Name: I'll decide when I see him.
Last edited by Mystic Dragon on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

...I already have a template drawn like Mystic's request. Heh!
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

XD That'd make your job easy if you pulled me!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Dark blues and purples. Maybe some black or lighter colors
Features: Mostly horse like but to clearly have draconic relations
Species: Draconic Horse?
Element(s): Light, Dark,
Theme: Space!!! (like you weren't expecting that?
Name: I'll pick
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Dray!

>.> A catdragon!

The parents are your Secundinus Selamputo and my Reeni'Sen Gredelle..I don't have Reeni's parents up, but they're ..aha, a sibling's pedigree: http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kat/aven/lonavi.html
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*cackles* Thanks, Myrror. X3 I love the butt-wings, and the ear-curlies, and the head-feathers! Bwee, much appreciated!

Also, Shadow, I apologize for the lateness of my image! :O I have it drawn but only partially inked! I'll get it to you as soon's I can!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

It's okay. I'm a particularly patient person. (except the times I've tried to clean up something, I lack the patience to clean an image ^^') I can wait.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): grey, black, muted shades
Features: transparency
Species: dragon
Element(s): undead
Theme: ghostly! spooky but not *gross* please.
Name: either you name or I'll choose
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Cacopheny!

You asked for a mix of exsisting dragons...well...

Information will come shortly. After your reaction. ^^;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Holy frick XD Is that what I think it is??? XD
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

:O OMG! Supernal/Infernal mix!
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

It depends--what do you think it is?

His name is Asuliz R'mazahes, and no--he's not a supernal/infernal cross.

He's a Corrupted Supernal, second generation--his parents were supernals the Fallen had brought to his side. The traits that will become Infernal traits--spikiness, underbite, red eyes--are starting to show up, as well as the loss of the wing armor. You can choose which abilities he has from the supernal and infernal ability lists, including whatever element 'Grey' would be, as he's a solid.

He's also older than DF's Black. Probably knew her when she was a hatchling. ^.^

Why he is here, is up to you--though he's probably sent by the Fallen himself, and he will not actively harm your Supernal brothers--hinder and bother them, yes, but not harm them. They don't have to know that, though. ^.^;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: squeaks :: Oh, Myr : D : D : D So amazingly plotworthy! :: clinghugs :: Thank you! : D Heeheheheheeeeeee I love it XD XD XD

Gah, now I wanna play him with DF's black XD That would amuse the heck out of me XD

Thank you, Myr : D
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Caco: ^.^ Thought you'd like him ^^

Shard! You have a dwaggie!

Name: Velociti (black and red)
Alter Ego: Hawk Cranston (marbled blue)
Abilities: Verbal Speech, Repulsion Gas Breath Weapon, (additions only as Velociti): Telepathy, Extraordinary Speed, Flight: Wingless, Create Force Field
Personality: fine, refined, honest, sincere, has integrity

DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

@Caco - Hehehehehe. XD

Oh and seeing as I have a grey solid Supernal - grey solid is Air elemental control one. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: DragonFlight
E-mail: dragonflight@lostmysanity.net

~ABOUT IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: See theme
Species: Sema Riihan (Kynnese Moon Dragon)
Element(s): See theme

Theme: I'd like someone to draw for me a Sema Riihan - a Kynnese Moon Dragon. They have appeared in three exchanges so far - Xalia, Sargon, and Indigo (that one was July and has links to the other two). A Sema Riihan is a small (like anywhere between 6 and 10ft tall, to the top of the head while standing upright) bipedal dragon native to Kynn's moons. They are 'descended' from Kynn's eight elements (Earth, Air/Wind, Water/Ice, Fire, Lightning/Storm, Spirit, Shadow, and Light) and each type looks a little different, though they have the same basic body structure. Males and females tend to look relatively similar (no physical differences).
They come in all colors and patterns, regardless of 'element'. They rarely, if ever, wear full clothing, but bits of decoration aren't uncommon (see previous images for examples), so go wild!
Reference images can be located in this directory - please excuse the icky quality. :D
http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/SemaRiihan/
If you need any clarification at all, just ask! :D

Name: I'll name it!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

woooooooo. Myrror he's too cool!! I love the 'mask'! :D Thank you!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

^.^ Glad you like, Shard. Took me a bit to figure out the animation--I use Phtoshop alot, but I rarely open up Image Ready... ^.^;
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Mrrrr? No, gray is spirit XD White (grayed white, not blued white) is Air ^^ I copied it from the giveaway ages ago :: has a list of all the supernals' abilities, heehee : D ::

You have a gray solid? : D Is it up? :: peers curiously ::
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Accually, DF, you have a greyed white solid. ^.^

Aaand, Shadow!

A dragon for you!

The moon/space coloration accually shifts like moonphase--they'll progressively become more mooncolor until they're entirely that color, then the space color will start to appear at the face and spread over the body, over and over. They don't have any control over this.

I was also thinking that the personality could shift along with the coloration, but I'll leave that up to you.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:o nice dragons, myrror! I particularly like the colour shifty one and that last one. <3 ^^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

about the moon dragon--

COOL. SO COOL. I WANT. DROOOOOOOL SO AWESOME ZOMG.

That is all.
ImageImageImage
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Heeee, thanks, DF : D Thassa perdy one XD :: adds to her hoard of supernal/infernal links >.> ::
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Jess D
E-mail: jld77084@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): see theme
Features: lots of fluff, especially on the tail
Species: dragon-ish
Element(s): earth (wood specifically)
Theme: Prevost's squirrel (examples: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/Small ... uirrel.jpg
http://www.xmission.com/~hoglezoo/images/psquirrel.jpg
Name:same, or I will name when I see it :)