Uh Oh! (Closed Again)

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

DragonFlight
Dragon

Uh Oh! (Closed Again)

Post by DragonFlight »

"What do you mean they got out? They weren't supposed to hatch yet!" DF waved her hands frantically. Gilgamesh just shrugged helplessly in silence.

"Urgh....well.....I suppose it's not a complete loss.....they won't have gotten far, but we're going to need help finding them....."

------------------------------------------------------

What's she talking about? What's going on? One of DF's side projects hatched a little to early, and now her babies are loose - and they could be anywhere in Seshei!

This weekend (because I have off Monday), I will be opening a special RP session on the forum. You must sign up ahead of time with a character - it can be you or any other sentient, it's your call - and during the RP (it will likely run past the weekend but the weekend is the only sign-up period - once I start, you can't get in) you or your character will engage in a search (possibly aided by DF or one of her assistants) for the missing babies. The best part is, DF will allow the searchers to take home those they find - she just wants to make sure they get found!

Rules
- You must sign up before Saturday evening, in this thread. I will not take PMs without good reason. The RP will commence sometime on Saturday evening. If you do not sign up before I start, I will ignore you if you try to enter the RP. I need a full tally of players before I start.
- You may enter any character you like, even yourself. If the character lacks a basic stats page or the like, you may provide info on the character in your form.
- You may enter multiple characters, but that means some might not find any of the babies, as there are a limited number. Because this adventure may become complex, it is suggested to limit yourself in your number of participating characters.
- Any alignment of character can play. However, though DF is neutral, she will not tolerate fighting or destruction, and will step in if necessary. (This means they you aren't limited to just RPing with me - you can RP with other people in the same vicinity, of course - it will just not advance your search until I reply.)
- Found babies can be sponsored by the character that locates them. If your character doesn't want one he or she has found, they may return the baby to DF or give it to another character. (You can only give a baby to another character on the search. Babies returned to DF will receive some form of compensation from her.)
- I will not tell you what these babies look like. (This will be a one-time use template.)
- Maps will be provided of Seshei and Moon Silver's layout. They will have a location grid and I will keep track of where your character is based on your movement descriptions. You can also specify a new location on the map to go to, and your character will progress to that location. Individuals will teleportation abilities receive the following warning. A botched teleportation attempt will likely land you outside of Seshei entirely - and the city is deep under the ocean, subject to cold temperature and intense pressure. Use your personal teleportation at your own risk.
- To progress your search, your character must navigate through Seshei and/or Moon Silver in a story-format style search. This means talking to NPCs I provide, searching different areas I describe. I will designate all setting material for you to work with (feel free to ask questions, though) and puppet all necessary NPCs. Please do not attempt to forcefully advance the RP by doing this on your own. (I know you guys won't but I had to put it in the rules just in case.)
- If your character has special abilities which are on all the time (enhanced senses), that is fine. If your character has an ability that can be turned on and off (divination) you must specify its use. If I don't know what an ability or magic does, I will ask.
- I will likely respond to RP in small chunks, covering several people at a time. You will not be penalized for slow or fast RP, and the search will be over when its over.

I think that's if, if you have any questions, post them in this thread. Forms also go in this thread. The RP thread -will- be RP only, I will not answer questions in it. You'll have to ask here, or PM me.

Here's the submission form.

Your Name:
Your Email:

----- (Repeat this section for each character you intend to involve.)

Character's Name:
Character's Stats: (Provide URL. If no URL, please detail basic stats, such as age, race, homeworld, alignment, etc.)

Don't forget, this is kinda like a big interactive story, so submit characters who would have a reason to be in the underwater city. This 'mishap' is not publicized so you will not have that as a reason. XD

Questions? Comments? ^_~ I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Last edited by DragonFlight on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Hahaha, I have the perfect char XD Only one thing stands in my way of using him: is there any chance at all that these escaped babies will bond their finder? He absolutely refuses to take part in anything where he might bond something sentient >.>
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I forgot the mention that? ^^;;

Nope. No bonding. Sponsoring only. (Hence the ability to trade/give away somewhere in the rules. :D)
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Yay!! I'll post my form when I get home tonight... want to tweak his page a bit first.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Eeeee! Mystic is giddy for RP!

Your Name: Mystic Dragon
Your Email: mystic_dragon84@yahoo.ca

Character's Name: Aaron Audil
Character's Stats: (40-ish, human, Tris'Hath, chaotic good) http://www.geocities.com/mystic_dragon8 ... sion2.html
Notes: Blakoreth will be attending with Aaron. Trinent and Pennent, his flits, will also be tagging along.
Image: Image

Character's Name: Thayer Dragon-Audil
Character's Stats: 12, human, Tris'Hath, chaotic good
Notes: Thayer's draca, Seleshnatourrith (Sel), will be attending.
Image: Image (this is when he's a fair bit older)
Last edited by Mystic Dragon on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Ooooh, I'll have to think of somebody to send for this...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I can't decide who to send.. and i'm typically not that good on roleplay, but i'll live. Can i ask for an example post? though it's not nessicary, i'll prolly get the hang of it.

also, npcs-- if we encounter them, do we write out the encounter, or do you control the character and as if the two of us were having our characters interact?
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I don't really have an example at the moment, but here's how I would normally write it.

Kinda imagine it like a D&D game, and I'm the gamemaster.

I'd start with a description (as detailed as your character is aware of) of your surroundings, like what the area looks like, are there any objects or people that catch your eye, where your visible exits are, that kind of thing.

You then write out what your character does or looks at or whatever. Including internal musings or whatever, like you'd write a story to tell your reader what you're thinking. Like.....your character goes to investigate a fountain.

I would then pick up again with what you see, affected or altered by what your character just did, for your benefit, and you continue from there - and we bounce back and forth.

As for NPCs, I am in control of them entirely - since you'll have no idea how certain people might respond. Someone might know nothing, someone else might have a clue for you. Thus, dialogue between two characters can take several posts. Think of it as a co-op story, where I'm writing half and you're writing half.

It's pretty easy to get the hang of even if you aren't used to it. Especially on your end, since its my job to give you all the prompts. You can always do whatever you like, but I'm responsible for the results. Like....if you follow a trail of cookie crumbs, you might find a baby hiding in the corner.....but if you go around punching NPCs in the face, you'll get arrested or something. ^_~ Your options are infinite.
Database Being Revamped

PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

oh sweet i have to page alot of people so here are the required info. oh and what is the difrance between a bond and a sponcer. they sound the same to me?

Your Name: PinkDragon
Your Email: Kaligh@kaligh.com

Character's Name:Shimer
Character's Stats: age: 19
race:Elf
homeworld: Skysong weyr
alignment: Neutral
Reason for being there: She loves travel and was there at the time
Personality: Mostly calm but can be all over the place with her emotions
Powers: Pyrokenetic, shap shifting, empathic
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Oh! For dragon riders, do the dragons stay with them or are they elsewhere?
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- I got that it was kind of like D&D, but as i've never played D&D, i'm still a noob~ XP In my previous roleplays, it's kind of been a do-what-you-want with basic setting information and whatnot, and NPC's were free game for anyone, so long as you kept to a very basic personality desc. But yeah. So this is kind of slow, somewhat short-posted sort of thing, like a videogame RPG type thing? we have limited options, and very basic actions and character insight is left to us?

i might be a bit awkward with it at the beginning, but i'll prolly get hte hang of it. XP doesn't sound too complicated. sorry for hte confusion. ^^
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Pink - The term 'bonding' in this case means sort of...connecting to the creature, sharing part of yourself with it and vice versa. Sponsoring is more just taking care of said creature, acting more like a surrogate parent.

Mystic - Dragons can be present with their riders, it's up to you. Just make sure I know if they're there. ^_~

DNS - Ok, then, think of it like a really open, non-linear video game. Depending on what you do and who to talk to, things change. I respond to NPC queries, I pretty much control the setting. But unlike a video game, your actions are not limited (save by the setting's inherent magical/physical/spiritual/whatever laws). If you want to go swimming outside or spend the RP poking random people for no reason, that's perfectly plausible. It could be considered slow, yes, because your character can't progress in a positive manner without our sequence of replies.
Database Being Revamped

Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

@.@ *GLOM*

Your Name: Unyko
Your Email: unykness (at) pegaruny (dot) com

Character's Name: Rinji N'taou
Character's Stats: http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/nexus/rinji.htm

Questions? Comments? Rinji is just totally gonna stumble into this mess while looking for Goywuy's clutch. XD Also, I dunno how much I'll be able to do if this runs past monday, since my ability to get to and from classes is... erratic. And thus my online time has been somewhat odd as well. ^.^;; But I'll definitely try! *cling to rp*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kitsuneko »

Not a big fan of RPGs, but I'll try it out anyway.

Your Name: Kitsuneko
Your Email: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com

Character's Name: Niche
Character's Stats: http://www.geocities.com/silver_storyteller/niche.html
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nodnod- cool. ^^ That makes a lot of sense, now that i look on it.. and also must be confusing as hell to run. <3 I'll put in my character bios in abit. or rather, character's bio.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, since this is exactly the sort of adventure she will love and he will groan about... XD

Your Name: Xalia
Your Email: xaliademarin@yahoo.com

Character's Name: Mykha Pastyrl
Character's Stats: http://www.geocities.com/tripaldiriders ... mykha.html
Notes: Fira may or may not be with her depending on how I feel when the RP begins... XD And let's just say Mykha was intrigued by DF's projects and came to investigate...friendly inter-agency relations and all that... XD

Character's Name: Naoryn
Character's Stats: http://www.geocities.com/tripaldiriders ... aoryn.html
Notes: Questoji probably will not be with Naoryn but again it might depend on how I feel... XD And Naoryn's there because Mykha is there of course...and because when they go off-world he can shift... >.>
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I've heard them briefly mentioned on a few threads, but I'm not familiar with either Seshei or Moon Silver beyond the fact that Seshei is underwater. Trying to justify my potential character's presence there might be a bit tricky.

Do you have a brief pre-RP description of the immediate area we'll be involved with, particularly nearby areas of the planet accessible to land dwellers and how most visitors (particularly first-time visitors) find themselves in the underwater city/cities? Also, how well-known would Seshei be to the average world-hopping sponsor character? *chuckles*
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

...IC, when does this take place? (three guesses who I wanna send)
ImageImageImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

It took me literally over an hour to choose who to use for this~ there's so many choices. awarhjkghad. <3~

Your Name: Ness
Your Email: dada.siegt@gmail.com

Character's Name: Daischa
Character's Stats: He's got none, so have a very basic template-

Age: Immortal. Recently shifted from perpetually nine-years-old with the mind of an adult to 16 with the same mind. So he looks 16, and is actually over 200. yay.
Species: Unknown anthro. Long ears with puffy ends, long tail with are large puff at the back, shoulderlength purple-black hair that covers his face, and purple/blue fur. He also have hoof-feetsies, a long muzzle, and longer fur on his lower arms and legs. He wears big trenchcoats that he can get lost in, and futher hides himself with very thick scarves. <3 So he's a bit out of place underwater, but hey, is all good.
Homeworld- Miiindspace
Alignment: Everything from mindspace is nuetral
Powers: To summon really creepy things that look like, for a lack of better description and in the interests of time, things strait out of Silent Hill/. (He's had that power and those particular monsters since before i learned about SH, but yes.) Weak healing (cuts, scrapes, and can ease lifethreatening injuries slightly, perhaps long enough to buy some time.
Reason for being there- He needed to escape from mindspace for awhile, so he stepped into a random portal and ended up there. Lucky him; a few feet more to the left and he'd've been crushed by water pressure (Though his mother is Bancha, so maybe he inherited his ability to withstand such things..)
Personality- Quiet, Shy, Withdrawn, Suspicious, Kind of Paranoid, but gentle deep down, and very caring towards small and vulnerable things. Occasionally protective, and oddly touch-prone. Reserved, muh more in-his-head than out of it, so most communications will be nonverbal if it's at all possible, and most insight will be purely in-his-head. ish.
And relevant history- He's withdrawn and paranoid largely because he spent most of the last 200 years locked in a basement. He got kind of creepy, and learned to summon his friendly little creepy beasties. Yay!

Note-- he may be accompanied by a small, undead flitter, but will refrain from summoning his beasties unless absolutely nessicary.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Oh lordy, Liz, I might hafta hook my char up with yours, or send another to hang out with them, or something XD Goprin! Half-chy! Questoji!! XD XD
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Keilin - I never gave much description. Moon Silver is essentially DF's part of Seshei, and yes, the whole city is underwater. There will be a fulle area description when the RP starts - for now know that it's a completely self-contained and self-reliant city. It is home to more scholarly types that like to be left alone with their work but there's a fair number of other people there.

Seshei is extremely difficult to get to, as I mentioned for story purposes involving DF's special event. Travel can be arranged by the leaders of the Citadel of Shadows or Sanctuary of the Sun (Mishuvel and Chalice respectively) if suitable reason is given. Others either have to be able to swim (or have their own underwater transport), or receive (more expensive) transportation/teleportation from one of a few port towns on the nearby continent of Ilmendor. As it is difficult to get to, most people don't go without reason.

Seshei is well known on Kynn, as it is the only city of its kind (underwater) - but like I said, hard to actually get to. Teleportation on one's own to the actual city is -not- recommended, unless one is incredibly skilled or has an extremely clear memory of the city's location, because as I said prior, a misjudged teleport could easily kill someone.

Myrror - A significant amount of time after the Synth-6 RPs. ^_^
Database Being Revamped

Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Accually, was thinking of sending Dark...as she has reason to. Namely--to annoy DF ^.^
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> I think I've got a good reason for Aaron and Thayer to show up, but I want to know if it'll work with your story. My idea was that Mystic would send Aaron to get a possible cure from DF for a draconic cold. Lemiarilay, being new to the Warren has caught a foreign bacteria and the resident dragon healer is stumped on how to cure it. Now it's not life threatening, but it is putting poor Lemi in an uncomfortable situation.
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Your Name: Asha Wermyst
Your Email: mor1m0t0@alltel.net

Character's Name: Cethrel Darkfang
Character's Stats: http://home.alltel.net/leugers/stormsig ... threl.html
Note: Inatt, Vec-Nyow, and Feriel will be there, but won't attempt to sponsor anyone. Just kind of background characters.

Wee!!!!! Funness!!!
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Hmm... *ponders*

Among the "scholarly types" residing in the city, might there be a mage who would be interested in tutoring a young Silshar interested in magical theory, or at the very least wouldn't mind a long discussion? Right now, meeting a contact is the best reason I can think up to bring my character into Seshei. *smiles*
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Your Name: CacophenyAngel
Your Email: cacopheny @ gmail . com

Character's Name: Tavarez, whee!
Character's Stats: http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/myth/tavarez.htm

... I might give you someone else later. If I think of someone. I might not. Tavvie's enough, man XD
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*snickers* Goprin and Chyrith's and Questoji, Oh My! XD

Feel free to have your character hook up with mine...they can be quite the merry (and not so merry) group running around questing for missing creatures! XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Your Name: Aireona
Your Email: aireona93@yahoo.com

Character's Name: Nin'Queesha
Character's Stats: http://www.geocities.com/charries93/ninqueesha.html

Questions? Comments? This really sounds like a lot of fun... **is excited**
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Your Name: Shi'
Your Email: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com
Character's Name: Ketrenal
Character's Stats: http://shiolar.merseine.nu/mirus/ketrenal.htm
Those stats are SO badly out of date, but he's the only character I have that I can roleplay easily, wouldn't object to sponsoring, and I can also find a reason to get to Seshei. Ketrenal's developed a fair bit since then... bit more mellow, bit more mature, bit more rebellious...
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Your Name: Myrror
Your Email: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

Character's Name: Dark Shadow (Tahalla)
Character's Stats: http://www.edgeofshadows.com/ShadowEdge ... halla.html