Chaos! I choose /you/!

For contests and challenges, free for all to join and create.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Drakiera
Hatchling

Chaos! I choose /you/!

Post by Drakiera »

~Deadlines~

Submissions must be in no later than September 30th

The winner will be announced November 4th

~Backstory~

It is probably not a well-known fact of Mythicalae ... but there have, in the past, been many breeds of dragon before the Geperna or the Mythicalan. Aside from the gods and the animalistic Ridh and Dyridh, there were also a mystical race known as the Gan. The Gan are as close to gods as one can be without ascending to the celestial planes of existance within the Abyss. They were the worldshapers and dreamers, creators and architects, the very hands of the gods to create a veritable paradise on Mythicalae. They slumber in their heavily-guarded fortresses within the belly of the world, awaiting some hero to find them and complete their quests to gain Legacies -- majyckal creatures which do not bond, but which aid their hero for all eternity.

This contest is not to create Legacies ... but to create a Gan.

It is Kha and it is chaos; it is neuter and hermaphrodite, male and female. It is all things in one, able to shift and change with fluid ease. It is also a master of manipulation, the puppetmaster that pulls strings and cuts others, just to see what happens. It dabbles in all affairs, seeking chaos and dischord wherever it goes.

Kha is the only one that remains awake and continually strives to meddle in the affairs of its fellow Gan. Thus, it was perhaps an inevitability that it would be attracted to, er, participate in some fashion with the Whirls. (his meddling is part of what will allow same-gender matings ... just for the record ;p)

This doesn't mean anyone has to make an animated .gif or any of that ... just take the concept of a chaotic, gender-bending, meddlesome and slightly malicious entity and go wild!

~Rules~

1. Have fun with this! There are no limits on what this entity can look like (heck, Kha could even be a Selampotato ...)

2. Each submission should include the following information -- this information will be used only if the dragon is not the winner, to save my sanity and to keep things a little more organized. The name, powers, and other information of the winner have already been predetermined; I'm just looking for a shiny image to use. ;p

Name:
Color:
Size:
Powers:
Personality: (doesn't need to be elaborate, a few words will do)
Mate Preference(s):

3. All non-winners will be included in the Whirls, interspersed randomly throughout. They will be an exception to all limited and unaccepted rules. If you do not wish your submission to be used in the Whirls, then please let me know.

4. There is no limit on submissions -- enter as many as you would like.

5. Images do not need to be 'finished' -- sketches, doodles, and line art are all welcome.

6. A page is not required, but if you wish to make one, include the URL in the above form. Submissions will be hosted at my site for others to view, but if you do not wish them to be displayed, then let me know and I will take them down.

7. I will be keeping the winning dragon art; all other submissions will revert into their owners' care.

~Prizes~

1. The winner will receive (at least) 2 very special gifts, after the last Whirl is completed, but before the Hunts go out. One will be a custom drawing of their choice (dragon, character, anything at all), the other(s) will be ... well. I won't say now, but it'll be good.

2. All other participants will receive one offspring from their dragon prior to the Hunts (complete with special story, stats, and all) if they choose to participate in the Whirls. If they choose not to participate in the Whirls, they will receive a Wyld from any pairing of their choice, including the previous Whirl.

3. There may be other prizes at my discretion for cute, funny, or exceptionally odd submissions.
--Drakiera
~Mythicalae~
http://www.mythicalae.com/
~Wyld Whirls~
http://www.mythicalae.com/shivran/wyld/whirl.html
"I think I just had an evilgasm." - Lord Xykon
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

My entry for this is almost finished. >3 *wants to show it off*
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Where did this thread come from? This looks very interesting and it's the first I've seen it!

I think I'll try something myself...
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Name: Seiri'n'tahn
Species: Unnamed species
Color: Dark Green
Size: 12' long, 6' tall (bipedal)
Powers: Gender-switching (can be male, female, hermaphrodite...this is in between the phases) which is what that glowy patch on hir belly is for. Powerful psionics leaning towards suggestion and manipulation or conjuring hallucinations whether auditory, visual, touch-based... And some sort of light magic/power.
Personality: Playful, mischevous, slightly saddistic, intelligent
Mate Preference(s): Probably anything that could keep them interested... um... In somewhat obscene ways, too. They'd like a mate with 'imagination'.

I actually kinda hope you don't choose mine. >>; I'd like to give these guys out...or have a breeding project and make....trouble. :twisted:

Can send a png with this, just don't know how to make it transparent. The colors are a bit fudged here.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*wishes she could colour* Nrrrg... pencils don't fail me now!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

oooooo purty!!!!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Done! Not nearly as pretty as Sil's but...

Name: Skt'ran'mareesian
Species: Eternal (random powerful breed from an undiscovered world)
Color: white and blue-ish
Size: gigantic
Powers: hypnotic gaze, magical flight, telekenesis, telepathy, verbal speech, space faring
Personality: manipulative, controlling, arrogant, calculative
Mate Preference(s): BIG! He's got a lot of body for a mate to deal with.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Imagine how loooonnnggg he'd be if you untanggled him!!
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

O.O Wow. Deadline's almost here and we're still the only entrants!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

CRAP! I forgot there was a deadline! D: *gets working on concept*
Image Image Image Image
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

o.O I wonder if we've lost Drak again. Darn. I was really psyched about this contest.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

v.v I have a feeling we might... she pops up and then leaves for another six months or a year. >.O"