August Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

August Dragon Exchange - Closed

Post by Xenoqueen »

First, the blacklist of people who cannot participate until they finish and turn in the image(s) they owe. If you are incorrectly listed here, please direct me to your image so I can record it and clear your name!
Aireona93 (November 05 - Received Asha Wermyst, Self-Image Exchange)
Asha (April 06 - Received Mystic)
Caesius Draco (July 06 - Received Shiolar)
Calico (July 05 - Received Sherra)
Cy (June 06 - Received Samber)
DNS (July 06 - Received Kayla)
DragonFlight (July 06 - Received Shard)
Drakiera (August 05 - Received Yakima)
Ereandir (July 05 - Received DragonFlight)
GildedLily (December 05 - Received Cacopheny)
Indigo (June 06 - Received Cy)
Keilin Alyr (June 05 - Received Xalia)
Kendarath (May 05 - Received Shard)
Lakota (May 06 - Received Shard)
Lerial (December 05 - Received Astra)
Neishai (March 06 - Received Shard)
Phoenix (June 06 - Received Mystic)
Sherra (February 06 - Received Indigo)
Starburst (February 06 - Received Jess D)
StarFyre (November 05 - Received Rachael & Silver Midnight, Self-Image Exchange)
Xalia (January 06 - Received IceCat)
Next, the greylist of people who have turned in their late image, but cannot rejoin the exchange until NEXT month.
DragonFlight
Indigo
And here's the sign-up form for the exchange. All fields in the About The Image section are optional, and speak of the image that you hope to receive. Copy-paste it into a new post and fill it out in this thread. :)

If you must link to anything (references, music, etc.) DO NOT USE THE "URL" TAG! PLEASE include the full url itself. When I copy-paste, linked words turn into pure text, and I don't always remember to grab the url out of the link.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username:
E-mail:

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s):
Features:
Species:
Element(s):
Theme:
Sign-ups will be open through August 10th.

When the round begins, make sure you get your image in on time! If you are late with the image you owe and did not fall prey to exonerating circumstances over the month (i.e. forgetting is not an excuse; family emergencies are) your re-joining of the exchange will be delayed until the month AFTER you finally turn in your image. So for example, if you were late for February and turn your image in any time in March, you will be allowed to join again in April.

During the round, if you need to secretly ask a question of the person you received, you can use the ExchangeTracker thread to do so.

After the round, when you've uploaded the dragon you received, don't forget to add it to the Dragon Exchange Database!

Aaaand here's the folkses that didn't get any art last month.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): dark blues, silver, pale gold
Features: see theme
Species: draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: I've had this dragon statue - well, it's more like an action figure - for years, and it's always been my favorite. What I'd like is a version of it in our little Nexus, but with a change of color (it's a bit too "pink & purple" for me). I've taken pictures, located here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v627/ ... /exchange/
I would prefer it stay multiheaded, and as close to the basic structures as possible. You don't have to make the second head detachable though. :P If you need more pictures from different angles, let me know and I'll be happy to take them. I left them large, for detail purposes. And forgive the dust, he sits on a shelf most of the time and I forgot to give him a good cleaning before taking my pictures. ^^;
Name: you can or I will.
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): blues
Features: multiple wings please
Species: any, could be anything as long as it's got multiple wings
Element(s): n/a
Theme: n/a
Name: if you've got one for it I'd like to know it, otherwise I'll figure it out when I see it
~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Features: See theme
Species: See theme
Element(s): See theme
Theme: What I'd like to see is other people's renditions of my dragon species, so this request will probably continue for the next couple of months, maybe. Do me a Mirusii or a Danachian, whichever happens to take your fancy.
Name: I'll think of one when I see it.
Last edited by Xenoqueen on Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Same as last Month's!

ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kitsuneko
E-mail: silver_Storyteller@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See Theme
Features: See Theme
Species: Dragon
Element(s): See Theme
Theme: Okay, what I'm doing for the next, say, three months, is collecting images of my three main gods on Athanasia, in dragon form. They have three main forms they take, a human form, Meera form, and dragon form (which is what I'm looking for). They are listed (in Meera form) in the religion section on the Meera info page: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adoption/meera.html

And are also listed in the dictionary, describing their human forms, as follows:
Aaka (AW-kah): One of the three main dieties of Athanasia. She takes the form of a young, beautiful woman with silvery hair and deep blue eyes. She dresses in fine clothes, with a coat of white fur and feathered collar. She is the Goddess of Life and Light.
Saurii (SOW-rii): One of the three main dieties on Athanasia. He takes the form of a handsome older man with silver-touched black hair and red-brown eyes. He dresses in fine, black clothes, as though in mourning. He is the God of Death and the Underworld.
Imaru (Ee-MAR-oo): One of the three main dieties on Athanasia. He takes the form of a young boy about ten years old, with sandy-colored hair and bright green eyes. He likes to appear as a poor beggar boy. He is the caretaker of the planet and God of Magic.

You can choose whichever one you'd prefer to do (Or all three in one picture would be great, but I'm not expecting anyone to do that. Razz). Athanasian dragons are described in detail here: http://www.geocities.com/athanasia_adop ... agons.html and there's an example pic here: http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... anger.html Feel free to take some liberties with their appearance. They are gods, after all.

Name: See Theme

Choose either Aaka or Imaru, Saurii's been done already.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shard
E-mail: kshau_protectorate @ yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): black and dark blue or dark red
Features: must fly, preferably bipedal if draconic, may be humanoidish
Species: any
Element(s): is leather an element?
Theme: Heroics! Retail Retali8r and Lethayukulen are looking for a team mate!
www.geocities.com/comic_gallery/coh/retail-dragon.htm
Name: you decide, can have a secret identity too?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Astra
E-mail: martianlunatic@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): blue and silver
Features: maybe gossamer wings or sparkles, or anything that suggests a regal or royal appearance
Species: dragon (who is capable of assuming human form)
Element(s): lunar
Theme: Since last month I asked for a dragon of Dorian, this month I want a Saedra-dragon. Saedra is Dorian's wife and was the princess, and later queen, of Rea D'asani. Like her husband, she rose to such a legendary status that she is considered goddess of the moon in some cultures. Her middle name is Alansae and sometimes she goes by that as well. She is dignified, wise and compassionate but also tends toward stuck-up, a regal princess through and through. Basicly I would like to see how she would look if she were a dragon :)
Name: Saedra

Aaaand here are reference images of Saedra as a human (not all GOOD images, mind):
http://www.deviantart.com/view/36159836/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/23853757/
http://www.deviantart.com/view/22945513/
Last edited by Astra on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Silver Midnight
E-mail: silverfirelancer@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Red, gold, violet, rainbow
Features: Long beak, six limbs (at least), feathered wings/long feathered tail
Species: Phoenix/Dragon
Element(s): Fire, Sun, Life
Theme: Phoenix
Name: I'll name her when I see her.

I want a phoenix dragon! But I want it to...clearly be a dragon. Not horribly bird like... Just, well...go wild. XD
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Unyko
E-mail: unykness (at) pegaruny (dot) com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Grayscale (black and silver/chrome especially), and luminescent blue.
Features: Cybernetic.. er.. bits? XD; See theme.
Species: Any
Element(s): Technology
Theme: Same as last time... I'm still out for more mech chars to populate this new world. *amused* This one can be as 'integrated' as you want to make it, though prefferably alot. Fun silver-chrome attatchments/alterations anyone? Extra arms/arm joints, eye-replacement, extra fingers for typing, or manipulating things... or built in lock picks.. X3 ... or wing attatchments that fold up into a neat backpack. Basically anything you can come up with, as long as it could be useful for something. *salute!*
Name: I'll name when I see, or you can. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shadow »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shadow
E-mail: thepoohbear1993@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Blacks and dark blues. Spacey colors
Features: Go wild with a space theme. As long as it looks a bit draconic I'm happy. Though please not too many heads.
Element(s): Lunar
Theme: Space
Name: I'll choose
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: PinkDragon
E-mail:kaligh@kaligh.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): icey blues, whites, all colors that can be made to look icey
Features: fur, 4 limbs, two wings, 1 head please otherwise go wild
Species:dragon
Element(s):Fire, Ice
Theme: canine
Name:Choose when i see it

It still needs to be able to fly but i couldn't resist putting my two fav critters togeather. make sure it still looks like a dragon not just a canine with wings
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

To Kayla--

I have got some lineart for the dragon, btu I've been trying to colour it for the past two days and it's giving me nothing but trouble. X.x I can try a last time, and give you that with the lineart, or i can just give you the lineart...
and in anycase, i think you should probably resubmit that request at another time, because my picture of the dragon is crappier than usual, even for my art. ;-; It turns out I'm not that great when it comes to drawing dragons off of sculptural references.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shi'
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Species: See theme
Element(s): See theme
Theme: I've actually got several options for this month, namely because I can't decide what I'd like the most balanced against what people want and are able to draw. So I'll give them all and you can pick whichever one you like best:

Option One: I actually have a story idea for this one, so it's probably my top choice. In accordance with my almost constant obsession, this dragon has many, many limbs, and thus is not for the faint of heart to draw... I'll leave it up to you how many limbs he has, but at a minimum, I'd like to see ten legs, eight wings and five tails. You are, of course, welcome to go further if you wish. He should have long black fur, marked with reddish brown or sandy coloured stripes and/or spots. And since he comes from a rather tribal, spiritual kind of background, I'd like his fur to be decorated with beads, feathers, and anything else that looks good. Wings either furred or feathered, for preference. Clawed paws or hooves are both acceptable for the feet. As is probably obvious by now, this dragon needs to be male, but I could stretch it to neuter or hermaphrodite at a push. For abilities and/or elements, you can choose some if you wish, but bear in mind that he's most definitely of good alignment and has a strongly spiritual nature.

Option Two: I'm intending to do a slight revamp of how Mirus operates, in that the site itself will be acting as multiple agencies rolled into one; there'll be several locations spread across the planet with their own populations and clutches. One of these locations is the Cube, which I can't reveal too many details about just at this moment, but put simply it has a strong mix of both advanced technology and powerful magic. It's a large area with the potential for a fairly sizeable population, but no native species of its own. The ones that live there do so because they found their way there. So, with that said, I need some characters to live there. This is, therefore, the most open of the options; just do me something interesting and different. The kind of oddball that would find it's way to the Cube and would fit in there. How you want to interpret that is entirely up to you. For reference, the general alignment of the Cube could be described as Chaotic Neutral. Take that however you wish.

Option Three: So, I'm sure someone else asked for this kind of thing in the past, but still... In reflection of the fact that much of my spare time has been spent on KOTOR recently, give me a Jedi dragon. Probably best as an anthro-type dragon, pale coloured fur but with a dark mane (and tail-tuft?), wearing brown robes and wielding a lightsaber (or two!). If you want to go the two lightsaber route, to match my KOTOR2 character, give him one in pale green and one in pale silver. Again, this is another one that's definitely male in gender, but could also work with neuter, I think.

Option Four: If none of the above appeal to you, give me something fluffy. You can never go wrong with fluffy.
Name: I'll decide, depending on which Option you end up doing.
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Kayla
E-mail: dracosinfernoweyr@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Black, silver, tarnished bronze, oxidized copper
Species: draconic
Element(s): see theme
Theme: Yet another statue! I got this handsome fellow yesterday as a late birthday present and I'd love to see him Nexus-ized. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v627/ ... /exchange/
I don't expect anything as detailed as him, unless you want to. Make it your own. ^^ I would like as much of the armor as possible to stay, along with the basic body style and such (scales, horns, etc.) And I can take more pictures if needed.

Name: you can or I will

And DNS, you can finish coloring it if you want, or send me what you have. I don't mind waiting. ^^
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Cacopheny
Dragon

Re: August Dragon Exchange - Signups to Aug. 10

Post by Cacopheny »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: CacophenyAngel
E-mail: cacopheny @ gmail . com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Up to you
Features: Up to you
Species: I'd prefer something pre-existing, or that could conceivably be a mix of several pre-existing things, or with a reason to be what it is ^^
Element(s): Up to you
Theme: Two themes: villainy, and a song! : D Song, entitled "The Seven Seas of Rhye" (or Rye? XD ) by Queen, may be found here, http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/Queen-7SeasOfRhye.mp3 I'm looking for villains to write into stories, still, and I think this would make an interesting one >.>
Name: Up to you, or I'll name it
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Nae!
E-mail: sunny.chang.s@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~

Theme: Tattoos. Nae has two small ones already, and she's getting a third this month, or early next month. So she would like a tattoo themed dragon! xD More specific, a rose, a spade and a fox paw print. ^^ xD They don't need to play big roles, but something themed like this would be nice, yes.

Okay, thank you!
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Species: anything
Element(s): any
Theme: A mushroom dragon with trippy, rainbowy colors and designs: Think Alice in Wonderland
Or
Cyborg- metallic, glowy eyes?
Name: Any

The same as last time ^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Kayla, this is what i have so far.

the lineart is crap, and all my colouring attempts have been futile. something about this is hard to draw. X.x I'll make more attempts when i get back, becuase i don't think i'm allowed to just give you lineart, and i'd feel bad doing that anyway. I have the original file, though, if you want to give colouring a try for yourself.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

oooh - that's so not crap! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

Hey, Cy! Better late then never, eh?

I ended up doing this guy twice - the first one just didn't look right so I redid it - that's what took so long. I hope you like him. ^^ Oh, and those jewels on his neck - status indicators(to show the status of his mechanical parts, flashing red = bad)! And the large red gem in the center should allow him to connect directly into the computer systems. How much of him is actually cybernic is up to you. :D
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Shard's right, that's so not crap! I love it, and I know he's a bit of a funky looking dragon. And I don't want to force you to color if you just *don't* want to, that takes the fun out of it!

So, looks good so far, don't make yourself color it. I'll take it as-is if you feel like you won't get to coloring. ^^
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

ME:
Rachael
Ashenpaw@Gmail.com

IMAGE:
Theme: Riddick.
Movies: Chronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black.
References: I can find some if you want them!
Species: Dragonify him, any way you please. 8D I just hope for those eyes!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Dray
E-mail: dracothrope@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See Theme
Features: See Theme
Species: Mutt?
Theme: I'm looking for a pedigreed dragon, this month. That means, one from parents that actually exist in the Nexus. If you would prefer not to use any two of your dragons, then feel free to use any of mine.

http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/
Anything in the above site is available for you to breed from--barring either two of my Matrix dragons. Ahbreviaka and Vanar are off limits (and they don't have a long pedigree, anyways.)
http://www.deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/
Here are some more dragons (There is some overlap, since I moved these from the previous site when lmfao did it's few-months crash.) Again, anything here is available for breeding for this project, regardless of IC attachments.

If you /want/ to use your own dragons, or one of yours and one of mine, that's perfectly fine! The restrictions are that each parent has to have at least one section of their pedigree that runs back five generations. (This means researching via link-hopping, google, however you can think of to dig deeper!) Preference goes to those that have a longer pedigree--eight generations or more would be ideal!

Bonus points if you include a dragon whose parent/ancestor is 'famous', like Sixth, Aunes Selamputo, Myrah'care, etc. (If you're new to the Nexus and haven't heard of any of these, then don't worry about this part.)

While I'm not necessarily looking for the best traits, colours, or abilities, they /are/ another plus. If your dragons are subdued in colouration (natural colours, black/white, cool colours--basically anything that doesn't clash, or have a gaudy pattern) then all the better!

Thanks so much in advance, I very much appreciate it. :)

Name: Something that follows the naming conventions of the family tree (if there are any)
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

*snickers as she reads Dray's thing* that sounds fun. ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Argh, colouring the lineart isn't working, kayla. X.x I'm so sorry. There's just something about it that.. isn't working, for lack of a better term. urgh.

i can offer you the psd file, if you like. :/
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Aww *hugs* Don't worry about it. ^^ I like the lineart as it is, and maybe I'll print it and hand color it (as I have no computer coloring skills of my own XD). Thank you for trying, though. ^__^
+ Char Listing + LJ +
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

It would prolly be cleaner that way...
-prods the lineart- png gave it a white halo. X.x

you're welcome. I AM sorry, though. :/ if you ever want a dragon or something from me, i owe you one. X.x
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Myrror
E-mail: myrror_moonscale@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Purple, Blue, Black, Silver
Theme: I am on a beeeg Pokémon kick right now, (thanks to http://www.pokemoncrater.com ), and I would like a Pokémon-based dragon. Any Pokémon--doesn't have to be one of the dragon elements. Use the colors I have, and have fun!
Gender: Whichever they look like--unless you use one of the gender-specific species, then go with that gender.
Name: Something similar to the species (though not exact), I'll figure something out if you don't want to.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

>> I R GEEK.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Shard!

Sorry for not being done last month. x_x Had issues. Oi.

You asked for blues and multiple wings! So......

Think I hit both. I have no idea what this thing is, btw, so have fun![/img]
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:O It looks like it's made out of jelly, that's so cool!

(Psst, Phe? Are you going to close and send out these forms, or would you like some help doing it this month?)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oooo! DF it's perfect for the Saa genetic thing too! *plots*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'll send things out later tomorrow. Sorry for the delay/shortened month. My work-weekend got disrupted by things both good and bad.