27%
bear
27%

Total votes: 15

PinkDragon
Fledgling

new dragons

Post by PinkDragon »

ok so i am trying to make a diffrent type of dragon than what i have seen o i want to know what type of animal i should base my dragon off of
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Lots of people have voted but it's neck and neck... except for the one I chose: aquatic... :) I voted aquatic because we really don't see enough sea-types out there. Shiolar has those beautiful dolphin based ones, and there are one or to others, but ... not enough imho. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

My problem with aquatics is that you have to start a whole new dragonry type place to accomodate them if you want to adopt one, if your dragonry is not near water. Since my dragonry is in outer space, aquatic dragons would not be happy there, and therefore I have to sit out all of the lovely aquatic clutches there are because I really want to focus on my sci-fi agencies right now and if I started a new one then its likely I'd never do anything with it.

I chose insect, because insects often have gossamer wings, and gossamer wings are COOL. And bugs are awesome except when they have too many legs *centipede-flinch*
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

heh that would be cool. But shouldn't your space station have an adequate supply of water? (Better to have more than you need than not enough! :D)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
PinkDragon
Fledgling

Post by PinkDragon »

Iwas just about to say wouldn't your dragon planet / station have a pool or a river thing
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Plus, didn't you have an old reserved island on Alskyr? You don't need to keep the whole island up, but wouldn't that make a good place to put oddball adoptions? :) Just so's you don't have to unwillingly say no to great adoption images because there's no place to fit them on one spot? (gets wibbly eyes in favor of aquatics for you!)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Since Moon Forest is built in a planet like moon. It has some physical accomadations like a few rivers and a frozen lake at each pole. (Except when one of the poles is heated up every year)
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Yes and it is shaped like a seahorse which means it would be perfect for aquatic dragons. 'Course for awhile I was obsessing over another agency that I've put on hold for the moment that was supposed to be semi-traditional, and I couldn't adopt any dragons that didn't look like fairly traditional western dragons and especially none that couldn't fly or be ridden, but that got awfully tiresome so I created Draco Prime for the oddballs, and then decided I liked it better than Pyrus, anyway :lol: And of course Draco Prime has pools and things, but I don't think they'd be very suitable to _live_ in. I've got a few aquatic dragons that live on Cyrna, but that's still the problem, is that they're not used for much, as the dragons of cyrna are off being boring at the moment *prods them*. What I could do is open up the oceans of New Gecnaw for habitation so that it would remain in the same universe as Draco Prime, not that that matters much anymore as I've become far less anal than I used to be about the independence of my universes and I even have people from Cyrna coming to live on Draco Prime *prods Dorian* ... aaaand I'll think about it. I really must stop rambling. Although I still like bug-dragons XD
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I like reading rambles~

I voted rodents. I love rodents.

XP And i'd really love to see an armadillo dragon. <3 or a porcupine dragon.

i'm random~