Nidus Ryslen: News!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I'm going to set a minimum number of eggs, and a deadline. The clutch will hatch after the later of two events (the minimum being met and the deadline passing).

If it happens that one person fills that entire minimum number, so be it. (Though I'm not actually encouraging that.)

Shard, do you have any gold/bronze riders who'd IC'ly have reason to do this? Vendettas or lesbians or just hot-blooded enough to make a ruckus?

(Scheming is fun, but sometimes arranging storylines to make it work is difficult...)
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-perks ears- I've got female bronzeriders and other sorts who'd be similar, but most of my dragons are WRW, of my own creation, or such.. I also have a bronze from kitsuneko , but he too may only have his parents on his pedigree.. which the what the WRW have, i think.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

TyGryph wrote:
Shard, do you have any gold/bronze riders who'd IC'ly have reason to do this? Vendettas or lesbians or just hot-blooded enough to make a ruckus?

(Scheming is fun, but sometimes arranging storylines to make it work is difficult...)
Well I've got my female bronze rider Churana Who's already had a normal flight or so, but she's a Sanger, so she'd pretty well do anyone :)

Nabi is a brown rider, and she's hot. :)

For females, though, I'll have to keep looking. Lela of the Protectorate, Ixoh of Alabaster, Nadeen of Dawnlight - who's clueless and cute anyway..., Gidrah is rather aggressively bisexual, and a Blackbottom...

Bequet has had some experience dealing with female brown rider T'ver - T'ver's dragon is quite large, as large as some bronzes.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hey, Ty are you going forward with this? I have a perfect candidate in need :) Busy writing her as I type.. Well, aside from me typing here.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Yes, yes I am. I've just got to get some space on the sands. Pernese Golds are really bad about sharing...
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

True!

So.... That means ... you need Novos! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

SEND CANDIDATES TO RYLSEN.

seriously.

Do it.

*runs away*
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

gonna :) In progress. I have a theme :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Sent in three, meaning to send at least three more, and it could possibly be six. :D but i dun think that will fill it. Ty mentioned that there were like.. 12 spots that needed filling? That was before i sent the three. And i dun mind the other three being held off, either.
Must finish things first. But then.. candies! My first ryslen dragons! *glees*
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm gonna have 12 on the way for whoever they will best fit between now and then :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Holy crap, Shard. Holy crap.

Y'know, I'd better finish shading Ghaniya's offspring, since the 'raffle' closes after two of these current three clutches hatches.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, they'll be taking a little while (need to draw specific arts), and they're intended for being spread among whatever clutches they should be at, not just one to spam them all :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Ty, I'm not around as much as I normally am, but I do still have all my dragons up... If you can't find a link, PM me please? I probably just moved it :)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Will do. I haven't got as much done on that task as I'd like. RL keeps going sour over here.

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

*maniacal laughing*

Ok, I've put links up for all the novos I have information for. IF you sent some, please check to make sure I got them.

Also, I've updated the tickets for the Incentive Drawing. If you sent candidates, you have tickets. If you have tickets and are not interested in the omg-leggy dragons I'm giving away, please PM or email me. (If you have a LOT of tickets, and want to only have some of them in the drawing, do likewise.)

I hope to hatch some eggs in the very near future. (I seem to have a lot of spare time, suddenly.)

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hooray near future Ryslen-babies! ^_^
ImageImageImage
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

You read it right! Hatching!

Dark Opal Cysscatainth's clutch has (finally!) hatched!

Read about it here:
http://www.geocities.com/ryslen_red/hatch58.html

Pickup:
http://www.geocities.com/ryslen_red/Dra ... tch58.html

Hatchlings are due up by June 3rd.

luv,
TyGryph
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Whee! :D Grats and those dragons are gorgeous!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooh wow! I love that effect on the hatchlings! The sort of shiny-mottling across the thigh is my favorite part! X33 Nicely done!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

HATCHING OMG.

think i'm excited, much?

They're so PURRRTY!

This of course means I get to write Tai and Dorian adventures now. Holy crackers. I gotta get on that *starts frantically typing*
ImageImageImage
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I'm glad you all like 'em. The images have been ready for a long, long time... and I don't know for sure anymore -how- I did that. I do remember that they got done that way because I couldn't reproduce Cysscatainth's opal coloring.

So the opalescence can resurface in their offspring, if anybody wants. But it's not mandatory.

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*claps* Awesome! *pets the shinies*

More? I forgot how much I love the Ryslen-babies. :D
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

Kazakiath is so pretty
*Gleefit* Mai and Tai hehehe. That was cute :]
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I think I forgot to mention how *awesome* I thought the hatching story was ... Tai and Dorian's bonding-moments just filled me with unbelievable squeeage. Honestly I think I was in a good mood all day yesterday simply because of the Ryslen hatching.

Anyhoo, Dorian's post-bonding story is finished. I don't expect anyone to actually read it, being a post-bonding story and all, but I wrote it mostly for my own entertainment. And entertaining to write it was /nodnod. I can't wait for the weyrling phase so that I can write MOAR! I'll write Tai's tonight after I get home from work.

http://www.moon-struck.net/draco_prime/ ... tory5.html

And stat pages:
http://www.moon-struck.net/draco_prime/dorian/#savitath
http://www.moon-struck.net/draco_prime/ ... l#arianoth

Oh, and did I mention how awesome Savitath is? Arianoth is awesome too but I haven't gotten as much of a chance to write for her. But Savitath so far is just made of win.

/shuts up and gets back to getting ready for work
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

There will be more story as time progresses, but so you know, there's a new second set of links to each of my families of Usagi on the Story page. Right now, only Antan leads anywhere, so they'll each have dragons as space permits on the family pages :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Very loverly hatchlings, Ty!
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I've actually had this done for awhile but never got around to typing it up. Behold, Tai's post-bonding story. Nothing to great or epic, but it involves getting drunk at the hatching feast, so it can't be all bad.

http://www.moon-struck.net/draco_prime/tai/story2.html

And Sherra, you're alive! Hi! lol.
ImageImageImage
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

6/8 of the hatchlings are up, and since it's been quite a while since Ryslen's had a hatching, I'm going to be nice and let you all have the weyrlings -on time-.

http://www.geocities.com/ryslen_red/Dra ... tch58.html

Weyrlings are due up ON Sunday the 10th. And then I'll send the adults out.

luv,
TyGryph

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

and the other 2/8 are excused on hiatus. SO glad I'm paying attention... so, Yay! it's all good.

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Obnoxiously, my domain name appears to be down right now. In fact, the entire godaddy server is down it looks like... If it doesn't decide to cooperate by tomorrow's deadline, can I please have an extension? These guys are way too important to be abandoned :(

edit: yup, looks like not only is moon-struck.net down, but also my ex-bf's page, which I know is hosted by godaddy also, and godaddy.com itself. I wonder what's wrong with their server? Anyway, once gain, extension pwetty pweeze?
ImageImageImage