July Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

((zomg Shard that's so cool *kidnaps from uny*))

Ty! I got yooou! I actually finished early for a change *gasp* I guess I just got inspired.

Anyway I hope you like it. You said you wanted something evil so I drew you a Cyrnan demon. Feather wings are my enemy. Name and gender is up to you. Abilities include being able to kill people with their gaze, poison breath, and necromancy. They speak verbally.

Hope its okay!

ImageImageImage
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*SQUEAL!* Oh Shard, he's perfect!! *clings to his mechanical leg and fends Astra off with a spork* Thaaaank youuuuuu! *so building a world around this guy* X3!
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Hee - pleased to be of service. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Okay? Astra, he's wonderful! Thank you ever so much!
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Cacopheny!

I got you! And he was a bit difficult. I actually did two versions, hand and computer colored, and they both creeped me out while coloring them! But the computer colored one fits what I had in mind better, so here he is. If you'd like to see the other anyway, PM me and I'll show him to you. I could even mail you the original if you wanted it!

Also, I think I got carried away with the back story; feel free to use as much or as little as you want of it. Though, the first bit would stay the same, he is the "lost" element from the story I linked. I have a hard time writing evil/dark characters, so I left out the balance to the fifth one in the story, as she is supposed to be light/life or whatever.

Name: Hisoki
Meaning: "secretive" in Japanese
Species: Celestial Guardian
Color: Flat Midnight
Element: Dark
Abilities: Teleportation, Verbal Speech, Invisibility (as well as the ability to "dull" the silver of his belly scales to better hide in the dark, without using his invisibility), Heart Sense (ability to detect that which a person values most)
Special Qualities: Essentially Immortal
Background: When the original celestials were given to their caretaker (here), the High One kept a couple of eggs back, leaving only the five. The eggs she kept felt a bit odd to her, and she wanted to be sure of their inhabitants before letting them roam the world. Hisoki was the last of these eggs, and the only one she did not allow to leave after a time. When he hatched, contrary to his "siblings", he was pure black and had a distinctly malevolent aura.
Over time, he did nothing to relieve her fears, and in fact strengthened them when she discovered that he had taken to collecting random items. At least, she thought they were random, until she sat and looked at them, and realized what they had in common. All were small trinkets, at least to a dragon, but they all held a piece of their former owners. Every item in his collection had once been the most treasured possession of a lower being, something that being had poured their heart and soul into. She once took a quick trip to the region he had acquired his most recent trinkets, and was horrified to find families of broken people, their lives destroyed by the loss of their heirlooms.
Terrified at the thought of what she had allowed free, and the look of delight on his face everytime he brought home a new piece, she rushed back, resolving to lock him away from the lower beings forever. But when she got there, he and his collection were already gone....
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Oh my o.o The story...! The backstory is so cool! : D Oh, I can do so much with him... so so so much.... :: gleeful ::

And the image is definitely amazing, too! o.o Scales... scaaaaaales! :: pets them and coos :: And I'd love to see your hand-colored image! ^^ You can PM me, or I can PM you, or you can email me : D

Thank you thank you, I love him ^^

I'll read up on that link tomorrow when it's not past my bedtime >.> But thaaaaank you for including it : D More info = more loooooove ^^
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

I wasn't sure how much villainy you were going for, that story is definitely a new one for me! But I'm glad you like him, and the story :)
Rachael
Dragon

ATTN: JESS D!

Post by Rachael »

Since you said you weren't sure what you were looking for with this, I went wild. Pretty much literally. I know normally we give out what amounts to a body-shot of a dragon, but... I went with where inspiration took me. So now, I present to you (in two sizes, as the smaller will upload to the likes of Photobucket, but the full size is too large):

Color(s): Browns and reds, and everything inbetween.
Features: Fur, feline characteristics, feathers, beads, fuzzy wings... Fire....
Species: Draconic; not pre-existing.
Element(s): Fire and Earth, but Fire mostly.
Theme: You mentioned tribal chieftan, though there is no tattooing, it's something I more or less kept in mind. Those eyes, man...
Name: You said you'd name him, and so have a ball.

Now. Because I want to. Information. Wait. You can make it up. I just wanted to say his eyes are heat-sensitive, and he sees in what is coded as "normal" vision, but mor often in infrared. He doesn't so much speak as communicate via a version of Empathy - a very strong version, in which he can, without seeming effort, make himself easily understood by presenting complicated emotional images. (Not literal image, but rather, having those he is "speaking" to invent their own images to go along with the emotions he feeds them.) By way of this Empathy he becomes an excellent motivator, and he can inspire fear, adoration, courage, or whatever he wishes in nearly anyone - even Gods. Gods have the ability to fight back against such manipulation if they are aware of it, but this guy is not exactly known as a hunter because of his inability for stealth.

And I find this mildly amusing, since didn't I draw you Daraka way back in the day (last year), who was also felinoid? Heh, meow, Jess, meow. :wink:

jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Wow.... just wow!

He definitely works! He is more feline than I expected, but I guess since the majority of the people who live in his lands are based on cougars that's a good thing :)

I also like the less than full body shot for this one, as I doubt he's ever shown himself fully to his followers. I find it funny that you mentioned other gods too, since that will actually paly a part, if I ever actually get a chance to write their story out!

Thank you very much! And yeah, I had to double check when you gave me Daraka; I thought it was last July, but I was off by a month - it was June *squeezes the grey lion dragon*
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

I'm so glad you enjoy him, Jess! I was afraid, especially since most dragons are very clearly lineart babies, and he was... lineart suggested, but then abandoned during coloring. *coughs*
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

DragonFlight!

Well, I got kind of carried away on the creepiness part and forgot about the rest of your list. ^.^; Anyway, at least I think it definitely counts for the 'creepy as all get out' part.

Name: Up to you
Gender: Up to you, it can also be neuter or no gender if you want
Race: Banwulf (more info below)
Abilities: Eh...I don't really feel like making up a list, so I'll just leave it up to you.
Personality: Probably on the dark/evil end of the scale, but not necessarily. Assume that it's more-or-less sentient, though it's not the usual for the race.

Notes and History: The Banwulf 'race' are basically magical constructs created by wizards (mostly necromancers), created by fusing bones (not necessarily wolf bones) into a roughly wolf-like skeleton and then covering it with a wolfskin. It is then magicially animated to be used as a guard or servant.
This particular banwulf was created by a necromancer, and after being animated, it ended up killing its master. It seems to be unusually intelligent for a banwulf and capable of critical thinking. Where it goes from there is up to you.
It cannot reproduce naturally, though it may be able to with the aid of magic (or fusion-based agencies such as Myrror's or the Abstract Destiny).

Hmm...I think that's it...
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-squeelsinpleasure- DEAD THING! <3 I like him, and envy DF. XP <3
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Woohoo! Creepy -and- undead-ish, woot! :D Awesome!
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Wow, Kitsuneko. o.o Your art just keeps getting better! ^_^ Congrats on that one, it's gorgeous!
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Oh Naeodin!!!

Theme: Gold fish... with fins that look more like decoration and tails like shawls lost in the water?

The fanciest breed of goldfish I could find is "Veiltail" which is a variation of "Fantail" goldfish.

THIS is what I came up with. I do hope you like her! I put her on a watery background, because otherwise you can't see the sheerness of the fins. I'll gladly put her on whatever watery-background you choose for her page, to make it match, if you want.

Name: Up to you
Colors: Copper, Gold, Silver, and White.
Size: Excessively long?
Abilities: Telepathy, telekinesis, control of water and air currents.

Notes: She has both normal lungs and gills, so in water or out, she has no trouble breathing. She's a natural swimmer. She can "fly" through self-telekinesis and control of wind currents.
She's a bit self-concious about her appearance, since those sheer fins could get caught on things and torn, and looks a bit like a drown rat when she first emerges from the water. Of course, she'll move the air so that her fins dry out and fluff back up in moments.
She is an egg-layer, but you'll want to be careful where she nests, depending on what type her mate is. Wouldn't want the babies to drown accidentially before they got more than a length away from their eggs, right? ((I think she'd make beautiful babies with a Water-type Glenn or a Cascatan.))
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Oh! Ooh. Wow. Ty-chan, I loooove you~~ <3

Oh. Yum. I'm definitly putting her up. XD wet cat! HMmm. Okay. I'll type later when I'm feeling more sane.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Sanity is over-rated. I'm glad you like her!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

I do! I love her "fingers" and her eye, and the long, flowy way you've done the fins. And her scales! Oh, wow. XD I've always wanted Ty-chan art, and now I have it.

*mwahahha*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*agrees with Sunny* ^_^ It's a gorgeous piccie.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Nrg--guess I'm not allowed to post an overdue dragon in the thread that it belongs to. T_T"

Anyways, Ty: I apologize again for taking so long with your dragon, but the prospect of computer-colouring it was a bit overwhelming (denim, in photoshop, without copy/pasting a background image?! D: Instant death!)

So today I tried having a go at it with pencil crayons, and I'm pretty sure I failed completely on the denim-front. I got 'shiny' pretty good, but I'm sorry since I know that's not what you wanted. >.O

The only info on this dragon that I have for you is that, when you said 'jeans', I couldn't resist a good pun. so this brand-new denim-glossed dragon, with brass-button hocks and ears, (and wings) and leather-fringe mane and tuftings also has a very particular ability.

When its two tails seperate and wrap around its 'victim' (or what have you), the semi-squishy suckers can proceed to amend the genetic information of said victim. They can bring to the fore-front recessive genes by duplicating them and wiping out the dominant ones, and they can inject completely new genes into the victim from a store within the dragon's body, itself. The process is typically only semi-conscious, so you'll never quite know what you're going to get--unless your dragon practices. And practices. Aaaand practices.

Anyways, I hope it suits. D: *hug-snooshes and slinks off*
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

...That is just way too cool.

And Ty?

That is the most awesome aquatic dragon I've seen for a long time. *_*
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

*purrs*

wow, that is nice!
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Oh no Dray, you didn't fail. *hugs!* Not in the slightest. I love him. And I love his coloring -- I have very few dragons that aren't computer-colored, and he definitely outshines them all. *hugs dragon, careful to avoid his tails* And I never really know what I --want-- from the Exchanges, which is why my instruction/theme is usually openended and vague.

And the nonconsentual sub-concious genetic manipulation of others is permanet, yes? So if he 'programs' spots into someone's code, they'll always throw spotted offspring? Will they turn spotted? I s'pose they would with their genetic makeup changed. *considers the ramifications of this* Excelent... :twisted: Is this a dragon-only ability? Or would it work on non-draconics, like humans or gryphons? And would it work on abilities? Like... hmm. borrowing wingless flight off an Eastern type and implanting it in a dragon with stunted wings that can't fly? (Ok; he'd have to practice alot to intentionally do that, but... would it work? I know that's a magic/psionics ability, so... )

I'm really excited. And I like that seamed look on him. Shiny and good. And the fringe is fun too. *flips the dragon's fringe*

His name's going to be Levi. It seems so appropriate.

Rachael -- thanks! Naeodin's prompt really sent me off in a different (and good) direction, art-wise.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

(Posting from Kat's username since I don't want to inadvertantly cause all of her 'unread' markers to disappear)

I don't think I ever decided on what the extent of his powers are. XD Feel free to go nuts--if you want to have him have trouble with anything beyond spots, that's fine, but if you want him to be able to turn dragons into fire-lizards (retro-active evolution, anyone? XD) then have at it! And if you want to have him be able to splat scales onto humans, then go right ahead, too. Sky's the limit--he's the only one of his kind unless you plan on breeding him. :)
Image Image Image Image
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

Rachael! I got you!

This was... extremely challenging, but I think it turned out well. Enjoy!

Failed attemp at a background =p:

Details:

Why biscotti? Because biscotti is teh awesomeness...
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Shadow!

I'm afraid it's not as spacey as you were looking for, but here he is...

This guy is a space-faring dragon, able to go for months without air or food while traveling through space. He can size-shift to be as large as a space ship if need be, but can also shrink so he can move around on planets and such. He's capable of faster-than-lightspeed flight so he can get from place to place quicker. You can add any other abilities you'd like, and name and gender are up to you, even though I've been calling him a he. ^^; Enjoy!
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hehee Kayla aren't you lucky getting sci-fi requests two months in a row. I like Shadow's dragon! It's cooool. And Samber, the biscotti dragon is awesome :lol:
ImageImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*hugs him* Yay! MUST PAGE! I love him! Thanks. Now where did I place that spare page I had made up? *runs to look*

EDIT:
May take a while for me to permanently page him as Freewebs is having some technical difficulties.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

Kitsuneko

I'm sorry it took so long! Wait. I still have a couple of days left... ... there are others right, who haven't finished? XDXD

It's been forever since I've drawn a dragon, so I hope it's okay. ^^ I'm relearning! Like wings. *grumbles* and feet. *kicks the computer*

Anyhoos! This is Saurri. Underneath the "smoke", he does have all nine tails. I took off some things, added different colors etc to suit what I thought- XD I hope you like him!

Nae

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oooh, gorgeous. o.o' I really like the painterly look, without the lines, Sunny!