dragonets!

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

dragonets!

Post by Dray »

X3 I discovered that crystal palace forum-place, and I'm taking a whack at wee adoptable creatures! They're dragon-like in nature, and I'm using that old dragon generator that I whipped together hundreds of years ago (here: http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/random/dragongen.htm) to make these guys.

A preview of a few of 'em: Image

Since this forum doesn't work in a market-style, I'm not sure how to give 'em out... perhaps I'll do a giveaway-style. I'm going to be doing about ten of each in various colours. D: Deng you, Myrror, you've got me addicted to small-cute-adoptable-things. XDD *fist-shakes*

I plan on having them breedable, since I lurves to hybridize. JKat'll also be able to breed them, so we'll have two artist's renditions of the creatures, instead of just one--but they won't be the usual Nexus-stock in that anyone can draw the offspring. XD These guys are just little, anyways... like, cat or lap-dog sized. They're not sentient, either, so I don't think many Nexus dragons'd want to breed with them, anyways! :P

Anyways, I'm just babbling because I'm excited. Would you guys like some of the final results? Or should I stick to the other forum and start trying to earn 'Voodles'? XDD
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-tilts head at the crystal palace forum place-
half of that explination went through my brain, but i think I get it a little. ;-; They're bloody adorable, so I'd be interested. They'd be like their own sort of dragon? Wheras all the nexus dragons can interbreed, these guys can't interbreed with the nexus dragons, so they're thier own sort? Or something. disregardthat.

but if we wanted to breed them, we'd poke you or Jkat and you guys draw the babies, basically? Like the huntercats? -nods- if i've gotten it than yes, of course~ -clings to them and coo- nice sketches so far. I WANT TO HUG.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The forum I mentioned is here: http://palace.straitjacketeers.com/index.php

And yes, kind of like Hunter Cats or Samanayrs, or other adoptables of that variety. XD Less of an effort on your part to write up candidates, more of an effort to page them and all. :3

>_> And the more of these I draw, the smaller they get! Ack! *un-hunches for a moment to stretch out!*
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*hugs them all* I'd be interested in a giveaway! Though like DNS, i didn't really get the explanation, but i understood it. Make any sense? And yeah, I'd like to see what the final results are! *waits impatiently* :D
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Awww, they're cute! I really like the middle one - it's so cute!

I'd be interested
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Ooo, I'd want a few. I don't like those "buying" forums, so I'd definitely be up to try and acquire a few if you offered them here. :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD I still have to figure out how I want to get rid of the things. I've never done straight-up giveaway creatures before!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Finished one! This is the plainest colouration... now I have to figure out how to adopt these out so that it's fair to the people paying voodles, vs. the people getting them here for 'free'! XD Perhaps a draw would best suit me needs...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

<3 Prettypretty~ I'd enter the draw if you did a draw. >.> And that crystal palace looks nice, but infinitely confusing. >.> i don't like buying pets much either; currency is confusion
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Just one word of warning of course: the moment you put them up there, be prepared for 60 more of them to suddenly be stolen and on folks pages without credit. If you're prepared for that, go for it. :)

I'd love to be able to adopt them properly, I hate the market myself, and (as just happened last week) don't really like to have my pets around it. I've got enough on my mind to deal with personally to bother with going to a market and trying to have an economy for my pets. :) But they're adorable, I like the tiny size.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

They're definately cute.

Though I don't go to the CP enough to make it worth my while.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Love the dragon, Dray.

I checked out the other forum, but it looks like the only ways to gain voodles is to either 'sell' critters or post a heck of a lot. :/
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*hugs the finished dragon* How can anyone resist him? Assuming it's male. I'd definatly enter for a draw if you had one.

Sorry, but the first impression i got was the circus on that other forum. *plays the annoying 'circus theme' in her head* I'm not too fond of politics and getting my stuff stolen either. ("Qoute of Shard")
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

They're really cute! And I used to be a member of the Crystal Palace, like waaay back in 2003 or so ... I stopped going I think after they moved off invision board and stopped accepting new members for awhile and then the place turned kind of stagnant. It probably has gotten better since but I wouldn't know. Perhaps I should check it out ^_^ Anyway those dragons are way cute. Waaant.
ImageImageImage
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

They are very cute, definitely.

But as Shard said, you risk having 'em stolen. You should watermark 'em...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o Is that why everyone hates the forum so much, because things get stolen immediately?

XD I haven't been there long enough to figure out how things work, but so far I haven't had any trouble. I noticed in one post that people were rounding on somebody for tracing, but I figured that stuff like that is bound to crop up in a community with so many members!

X3 Perhaps I'll direct people to this board if they want one, so they can have it without worrying about spending voodles, if they want to make the effort to mosey on over? I dunno. I'm not incredibly interested in making Voodles, myself, I'm more interested in giving away a bunch of these guys so that I can start taking breeding-form-things.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*smiles* that'd be nice too! i joined that other board but it won't let me log in. *sighs* oh well. If I don't like it I'll just leave it. *looks at the crystal palas in a quizical way*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

I wanna eat it! So cute! ^^
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I wanna cuddle it. <3
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*cocks head at Star* Hmm... now that I look at it too long. It looks kind of like a living chocolate bar! :D *hugs that little creature*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*cough*hersheydragon*cough*

It's chocolate incarnate. *noms on its tail*
Molly
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*pulls Star off it* I said it looked like a living chocolate bar. I didn't say it is a living chocolate bar! *picks the creature up and hands to Dray* don't eat it! :lol: :lol:
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

*smacks Shadow* Shmack! You lose!

They are extremely cute, Dray. Many hugs to you (and the dragonets too, because they're so squishable).
Molly
Neishai
Dragon

Post by Neishai »

Hm... I'm not clear on hunter cats and such as I missed out on them, but these guys do sound cute! As long as I'm right in thinking that they're just like some sort of 'pet' dragon, I'm in. If I'm not right... I'll need a bit more explanation I think. Sorry... I can be quite dense at times. XD;

Bottom line though, tis adorable! :D
N'tyr Phii // We're Rococo / Caer Obelisk / Voivode's horde // Planet Muto
Bonder/Sponsor Database thread!

Please contact me if you find I owe you paged dragons.
Please also contact me if you have re-homed my dragons (so I don't page them by accident!)
If you just want to talk that's great!
Discord: Neishai#8117 // Toyhou.se: Melomar
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Those are cute, Dray. Reminds me to get LSI done/uploaded so people can get the flits from LSI! :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Starburst wrote:*smacks Shadow* Shmack! You lose!
*smacks Star* HA!!! TAG YOU'RE IT!!! *runs off before Star can smack back*