Idea: "Can someone draw me a ____"

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

TyGryph
Dragon

Idea: "Can someone draw me a ____"

Post by TyGryph »

Ok, so maybe it's a poor idea, but then again, maybe not.

If this already exists, will someone please hit me with a clue-by-four and show me where it is?

A thread to ask for things to be drawn... maybe barter. We can chew on this a bit, if necessary...

But random stuff pops into my head while doing otherwise mind-numbing data entry. Stuff that I'd like to see drawn, even if quickly and just for the amusement value. (winged jeans, anyone?)

I considered, when I started this temp job, asking for someone to draw me an office 'cube farm' of dragons (and things) with headset phones on doing call center stuff. ... but I never did, cause I wasn't sure who to ask and what I'd give them in exchange for their creative energies.

Now, the idea of a bright yellow road sign with "Caution: Plots Hatching" ((this is clearly Yakima's fault, ne?)) is floating cheerfully around in my head.

So I'm pitching this idea of, well, a sort of Nexus Request Line.

Thoughts?
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I'd be game for that. I'm a big lover of character fanart, and since the Draw My Character thread had it's problems and died, I'd be game for this - assuming that a request can be augmented with a 'trade' or 'reward' of some kind if people are inclined?
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

It could be run like "I'll draw your X, if somebody will draw me Z" but then how many people wouldn't step in to draw because there isn't something they have in mind to request?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Would it be dragons, or random iages, or spoof images? :/ -slightly comfused by wording-
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

"Anything and everything" is what I had in mind.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nods- hmm. I might be game. :/ Then again, all I'll really do is dragons.
Maybe we could have people who are potentially interested sign up and say what they're willing to draw? or something.
woof.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

*shrug*

It could just be kindof an open art-request process?

I say "Can somebody draw me a/an ______" (I don't know what I really want at this point) and somebody can pop up and say "I'll do it!" and that'd relieve any can't-draw-that problems...

and if it really just won't work at all, I'll just go sculk around and ask individual people to draw the random whatever-pops-into-my-minds.
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

I could see it more as a 'would anyone like to draw X for me' and when interested parties come forward, details and trade could be worked out there in PM? I think having a predetermined counter offer might put people off if that's not what they want in return.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm all for it. It's like whenever we don't get the Nexus Exchange dragon for a month? and people jump on the request? You might get more than you bargain for, but then hey, more the merrier right?

Definitely /signed.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm all for it.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

I might be absent some, but i'm for it. -nods- so long as it's like, trade based. :/ or something to that end? That's what i meant by groups or whatever-- becuase I really only draw dragons and whantot.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

whee. It's been one of those days where you just want to go off somewhere and cry for a while... and I've still got an hour left at work today. (Seriously. I work until 6pm central... at least until next Friday.)

I could really use a pick-me up. Could someone please make me something cheerful and happy?
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Simplistic, but worth a chuckle I hope. :wink:
*pat pat*

I'm also stuck at work, on one of their computers, so I don't have anything other than paint.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Thank you Graeth :D

In the last 20 minutes or so, a nice summer storm (complete with pea-sized hail) swept into downtown. There's only me and one other guy here now (usually there's four here until six, but not today) and he's most disconcerted because he's going to get drenched before he gets to the bus. I've only got about 10 feet of not-having-shelter (I'm getting picked up) but I'm still going to be delightfully rained on.

(Odd how this thunderstorm has made me feel so much better. click for radar I'm in Minneapolis.)

(Edited Saturday Afternoon -- link directs to saved radar image on photobucket...)
Last edited by TyGryph on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graeth
Dragon

Post by Graeth »

Oh, I love the rain; all 3 inches of it every year. But what is this 'hail' you speak of?
(Have lived in Phoenix all of my life)
:lol:
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Wow by contrast... um... We had 92+ and about 80+% humidity today. I was soooo thankful to be at work. :)

*hugs*
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Graeth
Dragon

Post by Graeth »

"It's a dry heat!"
"Knock it off, Hudson!"

All moisture gets evaporated before it reaches the valley.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

>.> well, if we're gonna do this, then here's my offer.

can someone draw me her: http://www.geocities.com/public_mindspa ... ysmic.html

I'll draw a dragon of some sort for anyone in return, or possibly an anthro, though that probably won't be nearly as good. not that the dragon will be good, but it's what i've got to offer, so yes.
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Re: Idea: "Can someone draw me a ____"

Post by Yakima »

Now, the idea of a bright yellow road sign with "Caution: Plots Hatching" ((this is clearly Yakima's fault, ne?)) is floating cheerfully around in my head.
*evil smirk... :twisted: *

Heeheehee...
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

>.> well, if we're gonna do this, then here's my offer.

can someone draw me her: http://www.geocities.com/public_mindspa ... ysmic.html

I'll draw a dragon of some sort for anyone in return, or possibly an anthro, though that probably won't be nearly as good. not that the dragon will be good, but it's what i've got to offer, so yes.
That looks like quite a challenge. I work tomorrow and my sister in law's coming with my brother's ashes sometime this week but I would really like to try this one. Until you get it from me though I won't ask for anything in return because I can't work quickly on this one right now. :) But sounds like a gorgeous gryphon, so yeah. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

..;-; shard, you spoil me. Seriously, if it's too much trouble, think nothing of not doing it. -gnaws- and i hope things lighten up for you, seriously. ;-; I'll draw you a random dragon anyway, if you want one. -prods- for being nice.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's no problem, only finding time to do it. I've been waiting to see what folks might request in here. :) This week is just a little weird though I'm doubtless getting off work tomorrow early because well, there's just not enough for me to do and I don't even care. ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I know this post is old but I just had to post pictures of Hail for Graeth. And a big storm just for fun. Here are the URL's:

http://weathersavvy.com/hail_baseball_OPT.jpg

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2931/storm9.jpg
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

OH my freakin GAWD - THAT is hail!?!

The biggest hail stone I've ever seen in my life here in san diego is all of the size of a large marble - and not a shooter, a marble.

sheeeeeesh!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Hey! I live in PHX! ^ ^ And, actually it has hailed here once or twice. Though not nearly as big as in those pictures. It even snowed on my birthday once- we were able to make a little mudman. It was fun!

Hate this drought though. **sigh** Maybe some monsoons soon?
Last edited by aireona93 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

It can get bigger. Softball size. That's only baseball size.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

DNS wrote:..;-; shard, you spoil me. Seriously, if it's too much trouble, think nothing of not doing it. -gnaws- and i hope things lighten up for you, seriously. ;-; I'll draw you a random dragon anyway, if you want one. -prods- for being nice.
Hey ness.... Could you describe her hindparts please? I realize it's an asian dragon, but what kind of legs - if any - and claws, etc? And would it be back a little longer than a typical cat-frame would be? I've got a sketch but I wanted to make sure that you had something in specific or not.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-nods- she'd be longer than average, particularly her back-parts, enough to hold herself in a small version of that sort of squiggle you always see asian dragon in when they're standing. As for hind legs, more pawlike-claws, and shortish legs-- I guess i imagine haku in spirited away, if you've seen that? and if not, i'll look for a better example~

Though if you have the sketch already, just keep what you have. ^^; sorry to be troubles~
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Actually that was exactly what I'd originally drawn, but I wasn't sure what you'd make of it. :) Now I know, and I'll be working on the details and inking soon. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

;-; -huggleclings shard- thankyouthankyou. I owe you tons.