Wolves at Sgiath Keep

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

(Now posted at the top of the thread, too.)

There's one pup left from the current litter, which means I need another pair of wolves for the next litter. I'd really prefer to use something other than my own wolves, so anyone who's interested can PM me or e-mail the form on the website.

(Edit) Also, those who have not gotten their wolves paged yet or didn't link them from their caretaker's page, please do so. I'm gonna start looking to see if any have abandoned soon. People on hiatus or otherwise unable to do so are excused from this, naturally. ^^
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Last minute call for pairs. The current litter is all gone, so if I don't get any offers, I'm going to go ahead and pair Folena Tasana with one of my own wolves for the next litter.

(Edit) Parents picked out now, off to color pups. Whoot!
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

The next litter is up! The parents are Sholeh Duhain and Streea Uknindel, and there are five pups available, plus the one claimed by their owner. Half Reririan, half Eastern Canese. Go at it. :)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

And since Dray asked, Sgiath is upload. :P Still the two pups available, and I'm looking for parents for the next litter.

http://sgiathwolfkeep.freehostia.com/
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Are you still looking for mated pairs only? XD I have some singlets that I could send in, though they're all from Yakima's frenzy. I'm not sure how inbreeding works with these guys, but I'm trying to breed out as much as possible!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I sent in a caretaker form for one of the last two! ^_^
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I've been holding off on that because I wasn't sure how single matings are supposed to work. I was kind of waiting until Yakima set it up at Alair, but the link I have to it doesn't work. :/
I'll go check my e-mail now, though.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yakima took down all of her websites, so I think her wolfkeep was included (though when it was up, it had no information available in any case.)

I imagine that it might be sort of like... you can send in a male or a female who are looking for a mate, and then can pick who the wolf has pups with once enough suitors show up? XD I really don't know for sure, though!

Thank you for the pup, by the way! I'll have a link to you shortly!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

http://dray.pegaruny.com/Dragons/Astana.htm

Here's Astana! Don't mind all of the junk at the bottom, that's just for my own reference. ^^;

Thanks again, Kitsuneko!

eta: Kitsuneko, do you have a generator for wolves, or for wolf colours? I'm not sure what the full range of colours are, but I'd love to save a file for 'em some time!

Post by Guest »

<3

-looks at geocities sites she needs to save- -looks at wolves- -looks back at sites- gah!

lol

Let me get Monday (geocities deadline) out of the way... then I think I'll have to send someone for Jabica if she hasn't gone in the meantime.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

I might just make it up as I go along, if I don't get any mated pairs. >.< Anyway, yes, I do have a winged wolf generator: http://darklingdawn.freehostia.com/gene ... ergen.html
but it's specifically created for making litters with known parents, which means some information such as species is omitted, and the color ratios are slightly off (and it still has to be edited and reuploaded for each new litter, so...yeah.) I wish there was something like that excel generator Shiolar had awhile back, but that's gone now.
(Astana has two more siblings, btw, who aren't in the records yet. Eldess ShadowFriend and Risada MirrorGlass, who I'm not sure was ever paged or not).
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Thanks!

And cool -- do you know what colours they are? I'll add 'em to her page.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Eldess is Common Grey, and according to my notes, Risada is Tan. (In fact, a quick glance through my messages gives me a URL, which means I really need to update the records. http://dracosinfernoweyr.freehostia.com ... fp45r.html if you're interested.)
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

I have a handful of males to submit if you'd like to run a flight/mating type deal. Or Dray could just take a peek and pick one? :3 http://dracosinfernoweyr.freehostia.com ... hpack.html
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I tried to send in a pair, though we could always pool resources! Are winged wolves supposed to pick mates for life, or do they work more like dragons with their (generally, anyways) free-for-alls? XD
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Yeah, I've already colored three pups from the next litter. :)
According to Yakima, the wolves mate for life, and only the alpha pair are actually supposed to breed (though I didn't find out about that 'till later XD), but I would suppose that they're like Avyndal and might have a few flings before settling down.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_O! Huh, I didn't know that! Did she give the number of wolves that tend to be in a pack? (I'd feel bad 'wasting' some perfectly good winged wolves just because the alpha positions are filled already! XD Unless of course I just say that alpha-ownership transfers around in the pack due to successful bids for dominance...? >:D)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

From what I remember, I think it was about eight or nine wolves in the average pack.
Mating-wise, real wolf packs may raise more than one litter at a time, if the prey is VERY plentiful and the pack large enough, so with the support of heightened intelligence and the wolfkeep's adoption system, it would be easier to handle that with the winged wolves. But then, wild wolf packs are most often made up of the breeding pair and their kids, which explains why the others don't usually breed. XD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

O_o! That would make a certain amount of sense!

Given that I'm allowing endless resources for these guys, I imagine that ranks and packs are more a formality and a cultural thing by this point than a law for survival. XD

Still, I like the idea of pairing everyone up within the pack. I may wind up doing that once everyone's paged!

(also looking forward to the next litter!)
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

I've always tried to keep the wolves' natural instincts in tact, so only the alpha pair mate, maybe the beta(s). But it would depend on food supply and the rules of the alpha pair if others take mates. Special occasion ans, like a Frenzy, usually change things. It would really be up to the alphas of the pack.

And pack size depends on many factors; food and location, or if it's like a Weyr with a pack. Not all wolves may get accepted but because many of the wolves may be bonded to a rider, they are naturally admitted because they are bonded to a resident rider.

*shrugs*
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Hey! You're back?

If I have the other wolves mate, it'll probably only be a one-time thing, but I might shuffle my packs around first. XP
Thanks for the input; do you have the wolf information online anywhere?
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

No... >.< And most was incomplete, as Dray said. I might try to get the back-bone of Alair back up, like I did with Falas. I've been distracted by making growth charts and size charts and redoing info/records. Heh...

And yeah, I'm back but just to lurk until everything is up and I have everyone paged...I also have ideas/questions for people but they can wait until a later date. :P
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Jabica's been adopted, which means the next litter is ready to go! With parents who are a gold and a copper, there are a lot of strange colors in this one, but it might be hard to tell; I've taken to trying a little more realistic coloring with the pups, which means they are all still mostly grey (though not grey enough, apparently XP) and blue-eyed. You won't get to see what they really look like till they're adopted.
There's also eight of them; plenty to go around. :P
http://sgiathwolfkeep.freehostia.com/available.html
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Kitsuneko wrote:I've taken to trying a little more realistic coloring with the pups, which means they are all still mostly grey (though not grey enough, apparently XP) and blue-eyed. You won't get to see what they really look like till they're adopted.
Same thing I'm gonna do...XD I have a gray overlay on the adult colors and the eyes are all blue. I don't put powers on the stats, either. *nods* I think it's only fair. :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eeeh! *wriggles* Let me search through my novos and wolves to make sure that I've got someone who matches up! 8D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol "downright dumb" :D I may have to try for that one :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm incredibly amused that there's only one male in the whole litter. XD Poor little guy!
delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

I assume we can post these here instead of email? (My email is a pain in the butt to get to, makes me reluctant to email anything lol.)

Your name: Delyar
Your email: delyar@lambeosaurine.com
Character's name: Xeshamii
Character's URL: http://characters.lambeosaurine.com/kids/xeshamii/
Character's gender: Male
Character's species: Human
Candidate or caretaker?: He'll be keeping the puppy forever and ever.
Which pup?: Surprise me!
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Here's fine, though they won't be going out till tomorrow.
Dray: I know, I was pretty surprised by the result of this litter. (>.><.< You uh, got your wish, by the way, completely by accident.)
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Delyar!

Here's your new wolf.

Name: Lysake Eaaril
Breed: Reririan (Slight Pernese/Elruvian blood)
Litter: 5
Parents: Gold Nalys Eaaril & Copper Turoke Tasana
Height: 3'2
Color: Ash Brown
Magic: Water Magic
Personality: determined, cheerful, and calm

In addition, Treea, Breeke, and Erys have been adopted through email/PM as well.