June Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

Glowy wings are haarrrdddd!

*points to Tavrayns* But they look soooo pretty! :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*squeal!* Ooohhhhh.. *.* -Awesome-!! *dancedance* Thankyou! I acually tried to draw something similar, but mine didn't turn out very well.. so yay! I'm glad you asked about that. X3! *happy!*

Also: *CHEER for wing-glowyness* <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DragonFlight »

Indigo!

( Also available in PNG: http://kynn.lostmysanity.net/Axel.png )

Name: Your Choice (Naming pattern: [First Name] [Second Name] [Family Name] [Honorific], see below for more details)
Race/Species: Sema Riihan (Kynnese Moon Dragon)
Lineage: Unknown/Unrecorded
Descendant Of: Moran-Il

Abilities: Spirit Sight, Spirit Tongue, Heat Vision, Dark Vision, Magical Aptitude*, Shifting (Lunari Form), Spirit Weapon

* (Very magically gifted, you can select the field or fields of your choice. ^_~)

Please check out my post in the November exchange ( http://www.deviant-uprising.com/nexus/v ... &start=120 ) and the (late) February exchange, seen in March ( http://www.deviant-uprising.com/nexus/v ... 2&start=90 ) for details.

The descendants of Moran-Il cannot fly like their other kin, do to the oddity of their wings, but they are unhindered by this. They have small up-curving horns, a sharp edge on the tip of thir tail (much like a blade), and raptor-like claws.

This one in particular is of the warrior class, as denoted by the double braids in his mane. (As mentioned in the post to Sargon, he would be incredibly insulted if it were suggested that he remove those braids, only warriors in their society can wear they mane like that.)

Only the warrior class of the Sema are permitted to bear arms, and he's not afraid of showing his off. (He has two weapons, only one shown.) Warriors can summon their weapon (or weapons) from anywhere - they are spiritually linked and cannot be wielded by any other. His eye markings are natural and can be seen in his bloodline.

As mentioned, these dragons tend to take single mates (normally) but they do require my permission for breeding at the moment.

The Warrior class honorific is 'Sharo' for the end of his name. (Also, Moran-Il is the patron of the Shadow element if that helps with anything.)

I think that's it, drop me a line if you need any more info.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

Excuse me for I can not form any thought besides OH MY GAWD THANK YOU!!!!!!! *squees and glomps*
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Heehee, glad you approve. (Please forgive my server for being an ass if it's not permitting pickup, it should clear up in a bit.)
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*jealous* I hate it when you people do that. I CAN'T DRAW LIKE THAT!!!! At least on my computer. I can on paper but i have no scanner. But yea, that is cool. :D
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Shiolar!

It looks like I got you ... again! :lol:

At least this time I finished on time. Because you already have a fluffy baby from me I decided to do a dragon-taur. I'm sorry she's not as nice as the dragontaur that Myrror posted on the art and writing forum, humanoids are hard *flinches*. I went for a kind of midsummer night theme on the coloring because today does happen to be summer solstice. Anyways hope you like. All stats are up to you. I'm guessing she's female, as for whatever reason I drew her with boobs XD

ImageImageImage
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

@Shadow: Um..... I have no idea whether or not I should be insulted by that statement. x_x
Database Being Revamped

Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Oooh, she's very cool, Astra! The humanoid bit looks just fine, and I'm gonna have lots of fun with her, I think! I love the colours, too... she looks all glittery, I think. And... and... her eyes are staring at me! *bounces* She's great!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

@DF: I was beating myself up (I do that too much, bad habit) Don't be insulted. He looks really cool. *still jealous* (lol)
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

SHARD! ^.^

So.. it's a draphon? Grygon? XD It's been a while since I've drawn a gryphon, so I really hadda pick that option. But.. feathery!dragon!griffin sounded like more fun. <3 Hope you like anyway... ^.^;
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Goooorgeous!! :)

I need to page a bunch a stuff today! :D Thank you! hugs!!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Again, ever so jealous. *claps hands* :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*whaps Shadow for her earlier post*

If you have a problem with your art, then why don't you ask for critiques and help, as well as look up tutorials on the net--not to mention, start doing observational sketching? Sulking about it and making others feel offended is not going to solve anything! Putting yourself down is not going to help, either, it's only going to gain you a shat-load of negativity that'll probably effect what you do and how people see you.

Mods: Delete this if it's considered flaming. >:| I know I can be an opinionated bitch but it's something I figure needs to be said.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*cowers in a corner near the door* Sorry. *mummbles something but is unable to be heard*
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

o.O;

Um, that doesn't work on the internets...
Image Image Image Image
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*gives you alll a bap then puts this thread back on its tracks*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Oh, for goodness sake. Shadow, I'm not trying to beat you into submission. I would very much like to see you think about what you type before you post it, however. What you say does have repercussions, effects on other people that I (hope) don't think you're realizing.

Posting that you're beating the shit out of someone on the internet is Not Okay. >:|

Posting that you're JEALOUS OMGZORS I HAET U is very frustrating to read by:
-the artist, because for one thing, you're dragging all of the attention to yourself when it's /they're/ hard work that's on display,
-everyone else, because while we all have times like this, it's typically in good manners to keep it to ourselves if we have nothing else to say.It isn't considered a compliment, as far as I have ever seen, anywhere.

This isn't to say that the Intarwebs Hate You, but it's something that's important to learn, one way or another. Just because we are icons and typing showing up on your computer doesn't mean that we're not /also/ people on the other end of your connection. Whatever the case may be, etiquette is important!

So is having a supportive community, so while I'm finished bitching at you, I'd like to hope that you aren't scared off of the forums. Your input is important... I'm just pissed in the way in which it's been delivered.

I'm not going to post like this again, I know it's high-handed, but all of my less blunt suggestions and proddings have been completely ignored or spat on.
Last edited by Dray on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*begins to say something by reconsiders* *eats a hot-dog*
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Shadow, your posts are just getting silly now. If you'd like to respond to Dray, please take it to PM's. Otherwise let this thread go back to what it was made to be.

Any further posts on this topic will be deleted so that the June Exchange is kept relatively clean of deraillings.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

*peeks in* love the images so far <3
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Maybe I'm psychotic but I don't see anything wrong with what Shadow posted. Yeah when someone like DF posts something you BET I'm jealous, and while I believe my art is improving I know I have a ways to go to catch up with that sort of talent :lol: I think Shadow was just thinking zomg lucky beotch you've got talent or something along those lines, and was saying it in a more ... sarcastic? Not sure of the right word, but I'll say sarcastic, tone than actually trying to offend someone.

Besides I think Shadow is cool and I enjoy her writing so I don't want to scare her off (assuming Shadow is a girl *flinch* you're sort of female-until-proven-otherwise around here). We don't bite. Much.
ImageImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Astra wrote:I think Shadow was just thinking zomg lucky beotch you've got talent or something along those lines, and was saying it in a more ... sarcastic? Not sure of the right word, but I'll say sarcastic, tone than actually trying to offend someone.

Besides I think Shadow is cool and I enjoy her writing so I don't want to scare her off (assuming Shadow is a girl *flinch* you're sort of female-until-proven-otherwise around here). We don't bite. Much.
You worded me best.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Wow, you guys don't even need me to start silly fights on the board. :roll: Glad it wasn't just me, then.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

ICECAT! I got your request.... I couldn't figure a way to combine cyborgs and mushrooms, however. ;)

I'd kind of like to use this as a template for a giveaway because by gawd I think it's adorable.

This is a male, created by one of Virus' children in her spare time... Who knows just how toxic or 'enjoyable' those shrooms are, but they do fall off here and there, they're always growing. No one quite knows why he has wings, as he obviously can't fly. (Perhaps Atropa took a page from the Selampotato book for that.)

Anyway here he is. I had such a great time drawing and coloring this guy. I hope you like him!

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

..I want to hug it.
>.> It looks like you dipped a marshmellow in LSD and sent it off to wonderland.
<3 to shard~

//random comment.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Indeed it does. :) That's kinda the point. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*hugs it* He's adorable! I hope icecat likes him. i don't know why anyone wouldn't like him. *looks for Icecat*
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

OOO! He's insanely trippy. ^^ He could come right out of Alice in Wonderland. Thanks!
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

If it's all right, I'd like to do a short giveaway with it. If you want him to remain rather unique just say so. Otherwise I'm gonna start up a thread..... :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com