June Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Samber
E-mail: scribblekitty@gmail.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): You choose.
Features: See Species.
Species: I want a Jousting dragon! Swamp or desert variety, whichever. it doesn't have to be based off of the cover illustrations, but here they are for reference:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n9/n49308.jpg
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n9/n49576.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/07564 ... ZZZZZ_.jpg
Element(s): N/A
Theme: See species? Dunno...
Name: Something Egyptian-y, or I'll pick.
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: IceCat
E-mail: mordria@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): rainbowish?, or metallic
Features: mushroom or cyborg
Species: anything
Element(s): any
Theme: Mushroom/Cyborg
Name: Any
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Almost forgot about this...

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: Shiolar
E-mail: ktrenalii@ktrenal.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): See theme
Features: See theme
Species: See theme
Element(s): See theme
Theme: Got two options this month... pick whichever one you like, orrrr... combine them! Mwahaha!
Option One: I'm still collecting fluffy dragons, so feel free to continue on that theme.
Option Two: I don't have any dragon-taurs. If you feel up to the challenge, I'd really like one. I love taurs, but I'm awful at drawing them myself...
For both options, colours, features, elements and so on are all up to you.
Name: Any! You pick or I will.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

~ABOUT YOU~
Username: TyGryph
E-mail: ryslen_red@yahoo.com

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Indigo,Blue, and/or Black. Silver metal.
Features:
Species: Draconic - one head, quadrepedal.
Element(s):
Theme: Denim.

I have a background image I made (by scanning my denim jacket. I'm wierd like that) which I can put the url up for if it would be helpful. (I can't put it on photobucket while I'm at work, and Geocities is stupid about sharing images... >.>)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Alrighty, the emails have all been sent. So go check your inboxes!

Images are due by June 30th, the end of the month.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I'm not seeing mine... but UK2 seems to be having a spazzy moment... I'll give it another half an hour...
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Nope... still haven't got my email... my shiolar account at UK2, which has been redirecting to ktrenal.com, seems to be defunct... It's not been working for the last twelve hours... so I've set up a different redirect for ktrenal.com... can you resend my email to ktrenalii@ktrenal.com, Phe?

Edit - nevermind... the first one just now showed up... *stabs UK2 for being slow*
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Phe~

If photobucket resized it, i'll kill it. it should be 550 pixils wide. and if it's less, tellme and i'll get you a fullsized copy.

nerf.
Okay, this is crappy adn it's not what i wanted it to be, either. I was aiming for something with a mane, a horn in the center of it's head, and an unrealistic grin, as well as a few props to show the moral ambiguity bit. And after struggling with that design for half a bloody month, i took a break and drew some concepts, one of which was What Would Happen if you Crossed A Danachian And a Thestral. :/ And I inked one of the concepts and started colouring becuase it struck me as morally ambigious as I was likely to get.

She was inked, coloured and drawn in two hours, finished at 3am yesterday, and only just now scanned because I'm at my dad's house now. >.> and i had to sneak on his computer to get her to you, but yes. -kicks upstairs internet connection-
Scanner ate the colours-- you can just see some of the blue that was actually a solid shade on the original. -.- ate some of hte colours on the body too, but not so badly. :/ i did screw the inkjob a bit too, and the colouring in general could be better. X.x And she doesn't strike me as morally ambigious, but i tried. I even added some blood effects, but the scanner ate the red, so. :/ Don't ask me what he blue is-- it was supposed to be a room, but it kinda died with that. X.x poop.

She-- and you can change the gender, i'm just calling it a she on default-- has a back story, that you can completely trash or keep, it's up to you. :/

She was made by the same people who made the dead pets, and is an experiment. Spec. 0000579. Thestral combined with something, probably with atleast a bit of danachian genes mixed in. Actually, quite a lot, but offset with something more doglike. Magically created, of course. She runs on a magical field, go figure, which is nessicary not only to sustain her half-rotten organs, but to sustain her totally abstract muscle/bone structure. Where/how they designed that is anyone's guess, and she survives it/makes it work extraordinarily well because she has that magical field going. She lacks a lot of cartlidge though, so the bones rub together and cause her aches and such discomfort. Ignorable, but infuriating.
]Backstory!~ Created by the Havok Corp, which is an ickle illegal magical-bio-genetic-enginerering/modification corp that's currently trying to create nasty creatures to sell to enterprising warlords. :D friendly. She is an earlier experiment. And a flawed one. A major mistake that they made, and continue to make, is making their pets sentient, particularly since, when you're designing something to be a violent creature that kills things a lot and is really powerful, the capacity for morals and empathy is something left out. So, 0000579 here is was illtempered to begin with, and the joint thing didn't really help any. Being an expiremental pet irked her still further, so she decided that hey, she was gonna bust out. yay.
and she busted out. And now she does what she wants, because she has no morals. Killing machines can't have morals, after all, it would totally ruin the point. She does have a personality, of course, and the specifics of this are up to you.
Mental disorder present-- Antisocial Personality Disorder.

and.. yeah. give her a name, change everything around, trash her completely, is your choice. X.x I have half a mind to redo her anyways, but I don't have the time to, which is why i'm not. :/ If you want me to, however, tell me and I'll get on it asap. >.> X.x
Last edited by DNS on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

call me a mron but she looks like a thestral/danachian mutt.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

..Did you read it? That's what she is. and she has other things in her too, because neither of them have that particular type of bone structure, but those things are anonymous becuase nessie is dumb and too lazy to make up something that has that screwd up of a skeleton.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Why, exactly, does it matter even if she is a Danachian/Thestral mutt?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-tilts head- to me or shadow? -just noticed hte post-
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

To Shadow.
There's no rules that say the creature you draw for the exchange can't be something pre-existing, after all. And personally, I think that's a very cool dragon you've done there. I may be biased coz I like seeing Danachian mutts, but...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

aah. -nods- nessie was confused.
;^; i wanted to draw phe something original, but woof. Nessie failed.
and yay for danachian mutts~ Though thestralxDanachians? >.> That would be odd, to say the least, and the size difference alone makes me cringe. And a quarter of a second generation would die if they failed to get the magical field genes, which would be unpleasant, but yes.
:/

/spam on the june exchange board. woof.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

They'll be fine... maybe... Just make sure they live somewhere with a strong magical field...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:P Anything's possible in the Nexus. *cue dramatic music*
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Eeeheee, cool! :D TOTALLY keeping the name and backstory and all that good stuff! ^_____^ She's awesome! And she fits the Fate so weeeeelll. Eheheeeeee. ::glee:: Thankee muchly, Ness! :D ::hugs!::
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-hugglepet- I'm glad you like her, for as much as she displeases me~ -prods the image~- ^^ the backstory came to me when i was drawing, randomly. but yus. Welcomes~
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Kitsuneko!

Apparently DNS is not the only one having trouble with things looking all Danachian this month. He started as a random dragon, but he evolved... And the image itself was done days ago, but I've gone through no less than five revisions of the shading and colouring since then... I finally have a version of this image that I'm happy with.

Hope you like him!
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Ooh! Danachian is not a problem. ^_^ Is he a full-blooded one or a mutt?
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Completely up to you. Whatever works best for you, really. If he's a mutt, I haven't defined any particular species, though.
Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Mmmm, I think I'll have him be a full-blooded one, then. Thank you, he's really pretty! ^^
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Glad you like him! I'm quite pleased with his little second set of wings...
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

;-; pretty. and i don't have a prollem with the danachians in the thingy with the drawing of the month. -bad with words- >.> i just don't like what i made. -pets her-

nark! -chews on the danachian- prettypretty black orange thiiing. i like the new template. <3
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Tis not a template... tis a specially drawn Danachian just for the exchange... Heh.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-fusses- i know, i guess that was default. ;-; i sorry
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Tis fine. I'm just being.... fussy about words today.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Kidney wings. =D
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

DF....

You asked for Multiple Limbs/Heads/ - Horns/Spikes... and you got 'em.

Name and gender are up to you.
The slime on its tails... yeah, it kindof exudes that. It's glow-in-the-dark, so in bright lights it's just milky-clear. Whether it's just slimy or worse (poison? acid?) is also up to you. This beastie can and will sling the slime off its tails...
It also has a hunchback/camel hump above the middle set of limbs... that and the major shoulder-spikes will pass on for at least one generation. Those came from it's father, who's ten times as slimy and wingless. It's mama is a two-headed duowinged thing. (Two "rejects" in trying to come up with something good... err... yeah, "good" enough... Maybe I'll give them away later.)

Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

UNYKO!

Now, I got an idea stuck in my head the moment I saw your request and couldn't shake it. I love my Hellkites and those wings just rock. So... that was my reference I was showing you. :3

Anyway, I hope you don't mind the .jpg format. I could only get the glowy wings to look right on a black background.

*WARNING!* Kingdom Hearts music was played a LOT while this was being drawn/coloured. Lots of influence from there too.
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): grayscale OR blue OR copper-gold-white ... one of those, and rainbow. <3
Features: Multiple wings. <3 Possibly all different kinds of wings.. draconic, feathered, dragonfly/butterfly.. or just feathered and draconic. ^.^; Maybe one set of mixed feathered-draconic.. maybe furry wings too.. but yes, lots of them. X3
Species: dragon? *shrug*
Element(s): air
Theme: flight/air
Name: I'll pick when I see her, or you can if you're inspired.. *salute!*
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;