June Dragon Exchange - Closed

A place for old threads that are just too important to delete. Talk to a Mod if you think a thread should be moved here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Terryyyyyy-chaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Guess who Iiiiiii goooooooooot!
Dray wrote:~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): black, copper and white; or dark brown, medium brown and white.
Features:
I'm looking for a dragon that's built like an ibizan hound (reference images linked below), but with bernese mountain dog colourations. Winged or wingless, but please no hydras, 'taurs or anthros...
Species: So long as you don't mind me breeding it at some point in the future with another dragon (though I'm not going to guarantee that I /will/!), it's fine.
Element(s): Make one up!
Theme: see above.
Name: Something funkeh?

I hope this fella fits your bill XD I had fun drawing him. He's some kind of runner, obviously, given the rangey build and long legs. I added the spines and horns in to spice him up a little, but really, he's a fairly simple soul. Friendly, too: look, he's waving at you! :: waves back at him ::

If I were to give him an element it'd be earth, but I doubt he has much in the way of magic with it. For some reason he strikes me as something like your Merideti: he needs some kind of outside source to spark what magic he has. What that source is (a mage, a partner, a bond, presence of ambient energy, presence of a particular type of magic, whatever XD ) is up to you. I don't think he's actually furry, except for his mane and tuftings, but if you really wanted he could have some short, velvety peach fuzz type fur. I just didn't give him any fur texturing anywhere. Oh, and those spines on his back can flex and move, so he can roll around on his back if he wants to XD It takes conscious effort, though, unless it's an emotional reaction like bristling or flattening in submission. Heck, if he's really relaxed, they could probably all flop around >.>

His name is Eyo. Eyo Khait. Because all critters need last names : D

Hope you like!
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Holy crap, he's gorgeous! D: *latches around his neck and hangs there, snoogling in* XD I love him, thanks so much, Gail! <33333

@_______@' Just looking at him makes me want to finish mine for my chosen, he's inspiring! XD Must... find... art goo!
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

you must find art goo!

*demands*
Rachael
Dragon

Indigo!

Post by Rachael »

A...Many months late, here is... The... Creature of my imagination for spring. I'm sorry that you've been neglected by me!

...Uh...

I tried to include asian with the claws... and length of body, but seriously, I sat there thinking "Naga" only it has XD a dragon top, not human. And this Naga? No breeding restrictions, no defined gender, no defined name. I tried for a Sakura theme the first time and...

Let's just say I did so horribly I was... late by months. ;D

Color(s): Spring!
Features: ...Claws and half-snake?
Species: Dragon Naga
Element(s): Camoflauge
Theme: Er, Asian. ... No Spring. =D
Gender: I think... This is up to you. I felt Hermaphrodite, or rather, able to switch gender when surrounded by a larger amount of one - becomes the opposite of the majority.
Name: Leaving this to you!

I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME MONTHS T__T And yes XD that is fishnet on its arms, held on by an elastic band across its back. :wink:
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Astra!

I'm sorry he's rather plain. ^^; I had trouble coming up with a scifi dragon, so I thought back to all the shows I've watched that fall under that genre and fell back on what started it all for me. Yes, that means Star Trek. The Next Generation, to be precise.

Name: up to you!
Gender: up to you, but I think of him as a male, obviously. :P
I based him on my favorite character, Data. He's an android dragon, an unfortunately unfinished android dragon. For whatever reason, his maker was unable to completely cover him with skin to make him look like a normal dragon. The reason why is entirely left up to you. ^^ He can walk on his hindlegs - I just suck at drawing bipeds, so I make him walking on all fours. XD When he does this, he's extremely tall. Close to 8 feet! He's also very thin, with an unusually deep chest. That's because he houses tools and several mechanical tentacles to help him work inside his chest cavity.

You can scrap my little history bit if you want, that's just the story I made up while I was drawing him. ^^ I also left him a little big, so you can also resize as you see fit.
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Awesome Kayla! He's great ^_^ I love the colors as well and the history is awesome. I'll put him up when I get home. Thank you!
ImageImageImage
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

How did you pick up that I've been on a naga kick lately? XD I love him/her/it! I -love- the fishnet too! Thank you so much! ^__^ *hurries off to fix up a page*

All of these pretty dragons, I really should get to work on mine. ^^;
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_>" *ought to send Kayla the sexy data tango, if she doesn't have it yet* 0:3

Awesome arts, you guys! X3 That naga-dragon's all like, "come to mee~!" and the fishnet makes me happy.

As for android dragons... automatic win! XD *pets him*
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

DNS!!!!

~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Species: Alskyrian Desert Dragon
Element(s): Psychic, if any (T-power)
Gender: The standing one in the back is the male, the one laying down is female.
Name: Suggestions: Male -- Usaryt, Female - Nadjayt

I hope you like them. I'd wanted a more full, front pose of the standing male, but I couldn't get the female to fit into the pic. right any other way, and I really wanted to put them together.

For some info on these guys:

Almost exclusive to the deserts around Serpent's Reach, save the rare migrating pair, no one knows if these were a totally different species from the beginning or if they evolved from the traditional Alskyrian dragon seen at Caers today.

They share the same characteristics, the capacity for the same color spectrums, the ability to speak verbally (though most disdain it), and have demonstrated evolved T-Power.

As opposed to the traditional Alskyrian dragon, desert dragons are aggressive and territorial. The average dragon wants little if anything to do with any human, and upon approach will warn them to stay very clear.

The males are smaller, but stronger, and more brightly decorated. Dragons of both genders can relax or stiffen their back spines at will and flood the membrances of their spines, wings, and dewlaps with blood, causing them to turn bright, bold colors. They are bipedal, and when extremely alarmed they will stand as tall as they can on two legs, spreading their wings and spines to appear larger. The males will use the spikes on his wings as knives, and their tails, rather than serving as rudders for flight, have evolved into adept halberds that are extremely flexable and can even be thrown over their head an a scorpion-like manner to ward off enemies. They can also use them as whips, but the tail does not move fast enough to crack. They're not quick to attack though, and the first warning is to crouch low to the ground in a menacing posture and hiss.

Desert dragons also rarely fly, their wings are shorter, and smaller than the traditional dragon, and are designed for short distance gliding or long jumps.

They appear to mate for life, the females chosing their mates from the brightest, strongest males, and males frequently fight over an available females.
They are fierce protectors of their nests, and their young. Though, any crippled or "unfit" children are often eaten. It's not really cruel, since the death the desert has to offer to a dragon who won't be able to function normally/properly is much worse. It's just their way of conserving nutrients. Male hatchlings are driven away by the father when they reach a year old, though the mother will help in said driving if they try to put up a fight. The females will live with their parents until around the second year when most find a suitable mate.

The colors most commonly seen are creams, whites, browns, and golds, or variations thereof. Colors such as blues, reds, and greens are glowing beacons against the sand for their prey, and most just can't cut it. Plus, for "cool" colors like purples, greens, and blues who happen to be born male, it's almost impossible to find a mate. The females are much more attracted to amounts and spectrums of UV radiation reflected off of "warm" colors like reds, yellows, etc.

Though, if any desert dragon /would/ bond a human, it's most likely to be one of these "rarer" colors, as life with a nomadic tribe, or just a bond in general is likely to be their only ticket to survival. And desert dragons have been seen wandering with desert tribes, keeping dogs and such away from the cattle. But, once a dragon is paired with a human, it will be rejected and driven off by its own species.

As for intelligence, they're still extremely smart, solving even complex puzzles very quickly. But, instead of speaking in words, they speak in flashes of colors, pictures, and sounds. They haven't had the contact with people to pick up the knowledge of human languages like more traditional dragons have.

Wow that was long...anyway, feel free to use as little or as much of that as you'd like. Or, if you want more elaboration on something, just poke me. :)
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

SQUEEENICOLE! I love them. -clings- they're both love. ashdajksdhka. <3>.> They're not the type to amass sponsors, I think, but they definately will find their way into my stories/roleplays. prolly the latter, since I actually do roleplay, and only write when i have to~ >.> ^^ -hugs- they are love, though. lovelovelove.
Samber
Dragon

Post by Samber »

*sneaks in at the last minute and whispers* Sil... I got you!
~ABOUT THE IMAGE~
Color(s): Grey, black, earthtones and neutrals
Features: Long mane, sleek body, perhaps 'wolfen' features, a noble air
Species: Dragon, or some sort of draconic thing
Element(s): Light, Earth, Air, Water
Theme: Dunadan/Numenorean
Name: I'll name them when I see them.
Well, he turned into more of a horse/lion/dragon thing than a wolfy-dragony thing, and I was experimenting style-wise so he's nothing like my usual dragons, but I hope you like him. ^^ At least I got the mane and sleekness in there!

Kitsuneko
Ancient Dragon

Post by Kitsuneko »

Cacopheny!

Slipping in just under the deadline here. And I was experimenting with the burn/dodge tools, so I'm not sure how well it came out, compared to my normal method. o_0 It seems to have come out rather dark.
I'll redo it if you like, just say the word. Anyway:

Her (I've been thinking of it as female) father is Cusith: http://geocities.com/darklingdawnweyr/ean.html while her mother is an unknown dragon, probably very doglike. She probably has a volatile personality, given her hydra lineage, though not necessarily sadistic or bloodthirsty. (Unless you WANT her to be...)
Ability-wise, she has the normal telepathy-teleportation-telekinesis deal, as well as the abiltiy of causing insanity or compulsion (making others do what she wants) by means of howling. Additional abilities are up to you.
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Cuuuute! ^_^ *hugs him* I so like your style. X3

And to my chosen...sorry...I had to reformat and haven't put Photoshop back on my computer, so I've been doing it with...not the best colored pencils. >>;; If it's not in today expect it to be in fairly soon.
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Okay, yeah. Totally not getting my image in on time. Been working on it, but I've proven in the past how I procrastinate... and this time it bit me in the tail. I had SO much overtime at work this week--today and yesterday I had 12 hours days, for example--that I was too tired to do any sort of arting when I got home.

Oh, man. I have to Blacklist myself. I'm embarrassed. XD
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Heeheeheeheeheehee. Wolfie-hydra! I love her XD Howl causing insanity and compulsion... very fun! XD

Thankyouthankyou! : D

Now, which plot to put her to, hmmmmmm....
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Naeodin
Dragon

Post by Naeodin »

~:3~

it's July 2nd here~ <3
IceCat
Fledgling

Post by IceCat »

Kayla!

Here is your Tachikoma dragon.

http://mordria.byethost22.com/excjune06.gif

Sorry it's a bit late. I did my best trying to turn it into a dragon and I hope you like her/it. ^^
v e r i t o s o s

Rainbow bee clutch on sands: 9 spots
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Hokay, dis is closed. I'll post the July submissions later today.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ty, I apologize for not having your dragon finished on time. :| I don't have any good excuse except that I've been easily distracted, but I do have it started. The tail and wings are being difficult, but once I have them sketched and inked, I'll colour it up and post it in whichever the latest thread is for the exchange thing. >_> Totally not abandoning you, just having a hard time getting things done by deadline. >.O
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

And I'm good about deadlines? *tries to hide the Flurry behind her back* No worries!