Arx Atra Mons -- Fight #4 has happened! see arena for story!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

whee! I've got five of the Beasts done. It's a lot harder since I don't have the original palette of Beast colors... but it's coming along.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Eep! How do you mean by that?

(And yay, I'm glad they're coming along!)
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I mean I can't just pick blood red up off the palette and splat it onto a template... And I've only the vaguest ideas about how I did the first ones, so these aren't really going to "match" either. >.>
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It looked to me like you used the cloud filter in photoshop, with, say, red and black as your foreground and background colour? O_o I might be completely off but the kind of 'pattern' you have for the older AAM beasts looks similar.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Yeah; it is clouds. Cloudy seemed appropriate, since Beasts lack 'purity'...

It's the coal/oil/black ones that're troubling me... I'll figure it out.

But I'm content with the ones I have done... so we're that much closer to the hatching...

and ... again, since they're following me around tonight...

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

ok, so this is technically off topic for where the AAM thread IS, but it's AAM and I don't feel like starting a new thread.

Once Hersean's clutch hatches, the arena will be empty... and I don't have anybody lined up to occupy it. (unlike Ryslen, where there's a backlog of clutches.)

Info about AAM-style mating fights is on the "Beasts" page and the signup/rules is at the bottom of the "Arena" page.

and this could be a short RP 'topic' if some people want to colaborate.

JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

I don't suppose there's any way I could convince you to let me send in a male and gather females to fight over him? ^__^ Because Cheran would think it was great to sire a clutch on his homeground...
Image Image Image Image
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Being that these are mean, nasty creatures, I'm sure he'd fight spectacularly in order to 'win' the female.

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

on second thought... if anybody has females that'd fight others for the right to be the ONLY one mated by Cheran this cycle...

well, you all plot together and let me know. I wouldn't mind having more than one clutch ready to go, y'know.

TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

http://www.geocities.com/shadowsiders/AAM-hatch3.html

There it is! It's hatched!
I don't have the pickup page done yet and I don't have time to finish it before I leave for work (in 15 minutes!) so I'll get that up when I get home (after midnight. Boo second shift.)

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Ty, I love you.

*smushes*
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

W0ot!! I got a #7!! (though that is a low number) I GOT A 7!! You just made my day!!! *impatiently pokes the 'not ready' pick-up page* I am like so happy I'm almost hysterical!! I wanna see him!! XDDDDD *gleefaints*

You can completely ignore that if you like. Call it over reacting if you want but I looove him. :D
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

*is still in shock*
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

I am a very, very happy panda.
ImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Page basics set, pedigree tracked and charted, and now to roll around squealing and wait for the pickup page. XD Is it past midnight yet?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I have a female who would probably like to mate at AAM...

http://dracothrope.lmfao.org.uk/Bonds/S ... sstats.htm

I haven't sent her anywhere because she's very complicated and would make complicated babies, and I'm not sure if AAM would be a place that suited her because of the preset templates.

All of my other females are either not of the right personality, or have things like fur and different little traits. Are you looking for a specific kind of female, or does it matter?
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hoooooly crackers :shock: Awesome story, Ty! Totally wasn't expecting that! Thanks and cant wait to see the images <3
ImageImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Bwahahaa. XDD Ty, you're awesome.
Image Image Image Image
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Voila! Pickup!

http://www.geocities.com/shadowsiders/b ... vors3.html

Deadline: November 13

And, if it helps with story-writing, the Beasts are 1/8 their adult length when they hatch.

Just as a reminder: the images are only scaled with HTML to provide size-perspective; they're all the same size otherwise.

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy<3<3<3<3<3 Nasir'czan is OMGSOGORGEOUS.

And Vesad's so happy to have a friend. <3

Thankeesomuch! <3
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

You're very welcome.

All of you :)

And thanks for all the praise. I'm glad you all liked it.

As for females looking to mate at AAM --

They have to have the Strength (interpret as you will) to be an AAM parent. They don't have to be Beasts/Hydras, they don't have to be Evil, they just have to be strong.

(And they're going to be on the standard Beast Templates... since there are seven that haven't yet seen the light of day, not counting five of them that debuted in Hersean's brood.)

And so far, Succubus and Toryt-mow are the only females anyone's said anything about.

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Excellent hatching, and lovely beasties!! Thank you Ty! :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

personally, i haven't looked at the AAM beasts much cuz they confuse me, but i did look at that hatching. XP loved it, great job, ty. :3 particularly the bit with hte snake. XP I may send a character to you in the future, if i find one strong enough to handle an aAM beast.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Well, there's always Theris'vani who hasn't done anything to spread her genetics elsewhere, unlike Seshisashir, who's in the WDH because of his coloration.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

Ty, do you want Diosama'kha?
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Agate's two are now up:

http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... m#ezekiela
http://artdragon.mine.nu/~kalyturn/bond ... tm#ahiezer

T_T"" I can't figure out why they have a halo around them! I saved them at the proper size, and they aren't that huge of a file, but photobucket keeps shrinking them to a max dimension of 800 pixels!! >__________________<"" If anybody knows how to kick photobucket in the butt to stop automatically resizing things for me, I'll love you forever!
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Go into album options or something like that, there should be a slider where you can change your maximum file size.... :: can check more closely when she gets home, but not from work ::
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Actually, I think they changed it so that it's right underneath your upload thing.. its a little link that says "max image size", and you can select 17" Screen (1024 x 768), which is the max. At least, i think that's it, they moved the place where you select them out of your options when they redid everything.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

On my Photobucket, if you just go into your album, and underneath the place where you select files to upload is a tiny little bit of text saying 'upload options'. Click on that and you get a load of upload size options, both for image dimensions and image size... I just set mine to 1meg and left it at that. I'd guess yours is currently set to '15" Screen (800 x 600)' or something.