Arx Atra Mons -- Fight #4 has happened! see arena for story!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Then wouldn't it be "Arx Mons Atra" or "Atra Mons Arx"? And the Abreviation would be AMA and not AAM?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

According to the Ryslen site, Arx means Fortress. Atra isn't translated.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Ah, Ty, I really must get a *cough*maindish*cough* candidate or two to you. Your AAM Beasts are beauties.

(And, Phe, I keep staring at the animated thing for Synth 10. CUTENESS OVERWHELMING! MUST RESIST! *drool* But you know I can't resist them.)
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

From the AAM front page:

Building began, and soon Black Ridge Hold became Arx Atra Mons -- Fortress Black Ridge
ImageImageImageImageImage
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Hah! Cheers for missing the obvious. XD Myr for teh win.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Still need bonders for Hersean's clutch... Like, six or so.
C'mon people! Don't you want two-toned beasts?
I don't want to set a deadline; I want the clutch to fill or even overfill!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

You still have mine, right? She's a little outdated now.....I'll send you another at least if I get a chance.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ayup! ^_^ My mega-story is still on my to-do list, but I've been diverted to other things (;.;' I don't want to send you candidates that'd be better in the naughty clutch, and that's about the only kind of writing I've got... er... juice for. XD)

However, I certainly haven't forgotten about it! :O I'm only about a third done it, right now, which is a bit disconcerting, but I'll keep plugging away.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

DF -- I can't find any information about a AAM bonder from you. Could you please resend?

Dray -- glad to hear you've got some writing excitement going on. ;)
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'm writing one! 2.5 pages and counting, fwee! :)
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I suck at evil things. Personalities an all. I'm just too much of a good guy. Gargoyle! I'll send you an evil Gargoyle!! *runs down stairs for insiration from "the stone guardian of the house'* My mom has a thing for dragons, gargoyles, bears and frogs.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

I started one but I think it kinda sucks so am considering rewrite possibilities...
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

x_x I'll see if I can find it again...
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Question. Can candidates sponsor, or do these guys bond-only? And does bonding require, er, a soul, persay? And what constitutes a soul, anyway? Maybe the candidate I have in mnd has a soul, I believe that's a deep philosophical question that I don't really want to bring up in the context of the candidate story (though that could lead it in interesting directions). The reason I ask is that I have a candidate in mind for you. A robot. An evil robot. So all this rambling leads to one real question: Can evil robots be candidates? Thanks.
ImageImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

:| He burns your toast. Every time.

*runs and hides* X3
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Aww crap, that was me. >.>" Sorry about that!
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Evil Robot... sure, why not? I have an android with a dragon bond... ((Jack Zero, bonded Subdued Metonymy @ SCD))

Nobody's ever -tried- to sponsor a Beast before, though I'll be throwing one in a crate and shipping it to Phe wrapped in cheery birthday paper...

Whoever said souls were involved, anyway?
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Yay I sent Syngularity, hope you got the form all right, and hope she's, uh, evil enough. She's one of the bad guys, but I can't write "Rawrpwndie" stories without reason, so she has her redeeming characteristics. But she still wants to kill all the humanoids, so she's bad. Rawr.
ImageImageImage
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Ok; There are now five of the needed 10-12 bonders. I'm still waiting on more. I'd like to get this hatched ASAP.

It has also come to my attention that some information is missing from the AAM Beast info page. It's probably -always- been missing, which kindof makes me mad at myself. (It also explains why nobody has ever addressed Mchawith properly when making the promise at the end of the form...)

Names:

AAM Beasts come in six 'ranks' Basic, Greater, Soldier, Imperial, Majestic, and Chaos. ((I believe I 'borrowed' this from Mystic's Hydras, since the first Hydra-types to appear in the Nexus were hers.))

The formal name ending is three letters for females (ending in "a") and four for males -- the same three plus "n".

Basic level beasts formal/full names end -isa or -isan.
Greater is -zja or -zjan.
Soldier is -vha or -vhan
Imperial -tya or -tyan
Majestic is -cza or -czan
Chaos is -kha or -khan

Lower level beasts should -always- address higher level beasts formally (but often don't -- which might explain why they're most often the ones being eaten), and higher beasts only use the titles for lower beasts when they're being mocking or derisive.

Names that end -th (Angeronath, Wykorth) get that chopped off to add the Beast honorific. Hence Angerona'tya & Wykor'zjan.

Ok? Ok.

FYI, since I feel like throwing it out here, a "normal" dragon is of "Greater" rank, and a duowing/drak type is of "Soldier" rank.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*Cheran'khan preens*

...ight. >D Awesome. I should send someone; I love AAM beasts.
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yes, info! :D <3 <3 <3!

I'm back to work on my story, now! *salutes* I really hope that it's a non-boring read, once I send it in. *nail-biting action*

And Kat, you /should/ send someone in! C'mon, challenge yourself to see if you can get the two levels higher then Cheran! Your writing has improved by bounds... I'll bet you could do it!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

*cackles* Yeah, but I don't think I could just-whip-up anything quite as... as... plotty as Hedoro and Tally's story. Gahd. XD That was a doozy.
Image Image Image Image
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

It's gotta be better than mine. I mean, I sent in a CAT.
ImageImageImageImageImage
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey, cats are awesome! You can do some good things with cats as characters. X3

But heck, I don't think anything I write will quite measure up to Hedoro's story.
Image Image Image Image
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Better than an evil robot who was designed to be some guy's sex toy, and turned evil BECAUSE she realized she was a sex toy :oops: And cats are pretty awesome. Especially what with the feline vs canine wars going on :P
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Tsk tsk! XD If you're going to make sentient creatures, you'd better give 'em the choice of whether or not they want to do your bidding!

My character's... in a weird way. He's an AI but he's found himself mooshed into physical restraints, now that he's at AAM. >:D NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT, either! *evil cackling*
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

See Ryslen's thread in the Updates section for new motivation and Incentive!
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ty, I know the rules say that one can't send in a form until the story is finished, but I want to let you know that I /am/ pounding out a monster for you, and that it's beginning to get close to done:

http://deviant-uprising.com/dray/bonds/agate01.htm

That's what I have so far, in case you want a 'head start' on it. I'll do my best to have it finished soon--I just don't want to get left out of this clutch after so much hard (but fun) work!

<.>" I don't know if I should apologize for the length or not... but I figure a monster for a monster, right? I hope it's a half-decent read... I'm having fun with writing it, at least!
Omniwite
Fledgling

Post by Omniwite »

I actually have a character or two that might be good for AAM... O.o; Now THAT doesn't happen often at all!
Kérouge Main | Kérouge on Lyria | The Haven of Light | Talon Cattery

Links currently being updated, bear with me as I get everything back online! :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Argh! On second thought, I don't know what you'll be able to get of it right now, Ty! >_____________________________________<""" Deviant-uprising is only allowing me to upload a portion of the file at a time, which is stupid because it's not even 100k. Yet no matter how many times I try to upload it, the FTP program just chops it off at varying places. I don't know if it's the program or my computer, but something really weird is going on.