Arx Atra Mons -- Fight #4 has happened! see arena for story!

Have a candidate with no place to go, or a clutch that needs filling? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

TyGryph
Dragon

Arx Atra Mons -- Fight #4 has happened! see arena for story!

Post by TyGryph »

Please see the most recent posts for the most recent information. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is (for those of you wanting a dark, doomy hydra-beast as a bond for your character) a clutch in the Arena at Arx Atra Mons.

Hersean and Flaming Mayhem's clutch needs 9-11 more bonders. It's been sitting around for a while, so I can't guarantee that they're not rotten, but evil is evil, no?

http://www.geocities.com/shadowsiders/
Last edited by TyGryph on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

... totally just noticed this... and I haven't been dragoning in a few months now... and have piles of beauties I need to put up...

but I may write for this, yeeeeeeeeeeeees...
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

I have characters planned for this, at least two. But, I'm waiting to get caught up on some old necessary updates before I let myself get further behind.

So, expect at least two from me before the end of June. As long as you don't mind multiple bonders in the same story.
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

D: This one! I remember starting a candidate for this and scrapping her because I didn't like her. *taps chin* I'll have to find someone worthy of these guys, because I'm in love with them and desperately want to try for a high-ranker... and yet I don't want to try if it's a character I don't care a lot about in the first place.

:3 Thanks for advertising, I had forgotten!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I have one writen on paper I just have to type on my comp. I'll try to get him in soon. :D
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Wow! There's so much interest in AAM Beasts I'm just beside myself...

((Too bad I haven't gotten any new bonders yet.))
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! *smacks sun burnt forhead again, and again* "ow, ow , ow." I'm sooo sorry. My computer has no internet so I'm using my mom's. I'll try really hard to get him in. Feel free to badger me about it. :D
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Well, beside the fact that my forehead now hurts like an S.O.B. I have sent in a candidate via the form on the site *rubs forehead* I hope he isn't eaten and is accepted. Tell me, please, if anything is wrong so I can fix it.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

... I think one of the Beasts ate your form. I've got nothin. :(

Could you email the information to me at shadowsiders (at) yahoo.com?
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I fully intend to get a Candidate to you, Ty... I just haven't had time to write him yet. But I've always wanted to get one or more of these... you know I have that thing about appendages...
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

I just read what you posted. *glares at the the creatures staring at her8 I'll PM Wolfe to you.
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

I started a candie for you! ^^ She has what I consider a really cool notion behind her but I'm afraid I may have gotten tangled up in exposition... I just hope the story'll pull through to be decent...
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Turguin: *comes in, grabs Sherra's candidate by the leg, and drags them over to Arx Atra Mons*
ImageImageImageImageImage
hksherra
Dragon

Post by hksherra »

Solis: What the heck? I hope I never get stuck in whatever 'verse you came from! *thrash thrash*
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Turguin: I've been waiting here for ages. Watching beasts kill each other gets boring after awhile. *ffft*

(Turguin's a kitty)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

Wolfe: Hmm...I feel that beasts killing each other is rather entertaining. It's good to see some blood a gore after a LIFE OF BEING EXPERIMENTED ON!!! *glares at Turguin*
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

How much time/space is left for this clutch, Ty? I'd been wracking my brain trying to come up with a candidate, but none of them felt worth really writing for. o.O" I thought I'd ask you because I finally figured out who I want to send, but I want to make sure that I'll have time to get his story written out to the best of my abilities for this clutch.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

I need at least seven more bonders before it goes anywhere. I figure you've got plenty of time Dray.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Lovely. Is the list of candidates up to date, or have more been sent in but not added, since? (also, your link to the Arena from 'The Beasts' page is missing, and your links section doesn't appear to be working, either. XD)

Some quick questions before I get going:

May I use your characters while writing, or would you prefer I didn't? Or that I asked to RP them instead of trying to figure them out?
(I'm thinking of Megaera and Alecto, as well as perhaps Bekirol, if it comes to that?) Is there a link to Bekirol's story around? I'd like to know more about the Borderlands, and if I can create a minor hold there--oh, that reminds me.

Is AAM still based in a fairly Pern-like culture, or have things changed drastically? Is magic possible/common? What is the information like--books and scrolls? Libraries?

Is Ryslen far away or closer? o.O Is it on the same planet?

I can't remember what all else that I had thought up that I would like a response to, since I've been mulling over my story since this morning. XD I'm all excited to have it written out.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Bekirol's page is here: http://www.geocities.com/shadowsiders/war/Bekirol.html
And you can just go ahead and use him. I have really got to get all the pages for all my sites linked up properly. >.<Megaera>.<)

The Borderlands are the lands around the disputed Border Hold (major holding) so minor holds are probably sprinkled around in there, all under Bekirol's forced jurisdiction.

AAM and Ryslen are on the same planet, and are fairly far apart, though they'll be much much farther apart once I get a post-Flurry plot going. Magic is possible, possibly common, Libraries have both books and scrolls, more of the former, but the latter isn't uncommon. Ryslen has computery things, but I don't think AAM has gotten that advanced yet, because Bekirol's a jerk and controls everything.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Have I mentioned recently that AAM Beasts multi-bond? There should be some info on the "Beasts" page regarding that. You -can- send already-bonded personae, assuming they (and their bond/s) are of appropriate temperament.

I don't know if they'll bond to other beasts or dragons... I don't think anybody's sent one as a bonder yet.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>.> I read about beasts potentially bonding a single candidate, though if you get two of dissimilar ranks, one is likely to eat the other.

I'm just planning on sending your typical humanoid-candidate, nothing fancy.

Thanks for the link! I'll start skimming!

>_>" Is it possible to have a small holding that isn't straight-full of jerks and Eeevil? I was hoping to use one in my plottings, a place where my character can stay for a while before he heads off to the hatching.

Lastly, I think that the board is being stupid about pointed brackets, especially with the angry-face emoticons. Anything that you typed between ">.<Megaera>.<)" has been eaten! D:
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Well! That's annoying.

Megaera and Alecto belong to Serpent's Reach, but I've forgotten who that belongs to.

I don't remember if there was anything else in that section.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Rats! XD Well, if Caesius Draco (I think she owns Serpent's Reach) doesn't mind, I might include a short skit. If she does, then I guess it isn't very important.

Oh poo, forgot to ask. Is the area mountainous? >_>" I'm assuming that it is, for some reason, but if it's not, now's a great time to poke me about it!
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

*pokes Dray* I'd assume so. That's what i think it is. But then I'm just crazy. *waits for Ty's reply*
Cy
Dragon

Post by Cy »

>.> I sent you a bonder. Lemme know if you got him.
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Dray -- Yes, Very. "Mons" means mountain... ^_^
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

... really?

I can't believe I didn't catch that before. :D cool.
Image Image Image Image
Shadow
Dragon

Post by Shadow »

So, what does "Arx Atra Mons" translate to say?:

'something something Mountains!'

*runs around with a spear*
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

One of those is dark, and the other is fortress, right? "Dark Mountain Fortress"?
Image Image Image Image