Didra Gons - New Eggs Each Friday

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

Canal - Tier 0
You take your Didra Gon out for a day trip to:
The ocean

It was less of a day-trip however and more of a morning trip. He was very calm and at peace at dawn; pretty colours, a mist across the water. When people started arriving, Canal got upset with the noise and we left.

Raine - Tier 1
Your Didra Gon's friends are:
Varied in every way

An he argues with them all equally.

Noogie - Tier 2
Your Didra Gon has gone away on Vacation. When they send a postcard back, they tell you that they've been:
On a circuit of Europe, backpacking and exploring urban centres

A 'tour' with his band! ... More or less. They got a couple gigs in some bars and a like all around to pay their way. Meeting some cool people too, apparently.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Whee! Sideways evolution? cool :D

Tier 0 (Baby) - Halka

The next town over
Halka is absolutely the most excitable, social creature in the house, and when we were ready to drop Mookey off for HIS trip, we just HAD to keep exploring the city. Everything is new to Halka, and it takes things in stride, big sky scrapers down to humble parks. That's the one thing that Mookey and Halka have in common...

Tiers 2 & 3 - Mookey
Your Didra Gon has gone away on Vacation. When they send a postcard back, they tell you that they've been:

On a circuit of Europe, backpacking and exploring urban centres
Taking in the sights and archetecture I think, Mookey hinted that he's got samples of different woods, leaves, rocks and the like to bring home and incorporate into his treehouse. But also I think he's inspired by the much-older buildings and cities that he can explore in the Old World.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Akuri
The woods

Kiai
Your Didra Gon's friends are:
Varied in every way

Maki
In the Alps, skiing and hiking
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Tier 0 - Kousetsu
The next town over At least, that's where little Kousetsu wanted to go when the two of us found some quality time to spend with ourselves.

Tier 2 - Midori
On a circuit of Europe, backpacking and exploring urban centres It's kind of a surprise really since he's been such a... well a nerd at school. But I'm happy that he is at least exploring places instead of having himself holed up in some library reading some book or other. *sigh*

Tier 3 - Ryoushi
In the Alps, skiing and hiking Now this was no surprise from Ryoushi. He is the most athletic of my didra gons so it's not much of a surprise to hear of him skiing and hiking in the Alps. He's a fellow that needs some physical activity for he cannot stay put in one place for more than five minutes.
aireona93
Dragon

Post by aireona93 »

Is it possible to get on the waiting list still?

Cause I would like another egg but never seem to be online at the right time.

If not, I will just have to keep trying. :P
~åi®¥

Image ImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Tier 1 (First Elemental Evolution)
Ranoc had very few friends for a while, but he has gradually attracted several "minions". All of a feather, this bunch.... it worries me sometimes XD

Kalan is gaining new friends daily, and he has impressed me with the variety of critters he's met! His friends are varied in every way!

Tiers 2 & 3
Tanis went on a long vacation, and while I knew he took his climbing gear, I didn't actually know where he was going. Last week, I got a postcard - he's in the Alps, skiing and hiking and climbing! Sounds like he's having a lot of fun :D

Breeding Form!
Your Name: jess d / Tervenna
Didra Gon's Name: Tanis
Tier: 3
Element(s): Fauna / Spirit
Moral Alignment: Good
Breed With: Anyone available XD
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

Tier 0: Niiro has always enjoyed the sound of waves, so a trip to the ocean it was. I even managed to coerce him into the water for a little while, as long as I or Chistery were right beside him at all times.
Chistery: the ocean

Tier 2: Kiryu up and decided one day he wanted to "travel the world" and left to begin his journey in Europe. Which was probably a bad idea, as he made it as far as Amsterdam. His last post card hinted that he was lingering around some of Amsterdam's finer "coffee" shops and hadn't managed to see much of Europe yet.
Kiryu: On a circuit of Europe, backpacking and exploring urban centres

Chistery now, of course I was most surprised when he told me he wanted to actually leave the house for a trip to the Caribbean. But then I received a card from him that made it plain he wasn't doing anything different than what he did at home, only instead of lounging on the couch in front of the tv, he was lounging in the ocean. And then I wondered, what did Chistery find so stressful about being lazy that he needed a vacation to begin with?
Chistery: In the Caribbean, snorkeling and socializing

Breeding Form!
Your Name: Kayla
Didra Gon's Name: Kiryu
Tier: 2
Element(s): Fauna/Fire
Moral Alignment: neutral
Breed With: no preference

Didra Gon's Name: Chistery
Tier: 2
Element(s): Water
Moral Alignment: neutral
Breed With: no preference
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Oo exciting! Friday already!

I've decided to name my little guy Lucian :)

Tier 0 (Baby)
The ocean
The woods
The next town over

Little Lucian just loves playing in the waves, and also making sand-piles :)

Hope I'm doing this right, lemme know if I'm not.
ImageImageImage
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

Tier 0: Darcy

Darcy went with the rest of us on a day trip to the woods. While there, she was a perfectly respectable 'Gon, as long as people were looking to be impressed. As soon as they turned around, however, she was a wicked little prankster, an activity Cineris had no problem helping her with. His own nature had him a bit too excitable, but Darcy stuck to the shadows, playing the quite effective two-faced daughter-of-a-gun.

Tier 1: RK, Cineris, and Snowfall

RK doesn't claim to have friends. In reality, he has many - all wildly different, but similar in that they play into his ego and pay him attention. He's growing into quite the smooth handler, if only in bursts and flickers when he's so inclined to entertain. (Varied in every way.)

Cineris has a few friends, all of the same feather - almost literally. They've taken to wearing blue-bird feathers in their caps and have built a tree house in our yard, swearing they'll never let Snowfall or Darcy in without a tooth and nail fight, since they were much younger than Cineris and his friends. RK apparently is fine, though he seldom shows up around Cineris when Cineris is in full swing with his rather similar, equally wild buddies.

Snowfall prefers to be alone, or in silent contemplation. The only 'Gon I ever see her with is RK or Cineris - and more often RK, who likes to catch forty winks whenever she's drifting around in the sunlight. Lately, I think Snowfall's even begun to notice RK's there. Who knows, maybe she will end up with a friend, in spite of herself.

And omfg I just got off work 9:40AM - 12AM omg asdjlasdjalkjasdf
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Everybody's tics are noted, but I'm going to try to blaze through some of the templates that need to be coloured (namely Houka's, Feline's and Xalia's!) so that I can do one massive post! :3 Keep an eye out!

Post by Guest »

No hurry, take your time. Although, I am very excited to see what Ryoushi's new form is. ^_^
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*facepalm* Artdragon is back down again! I have some images done or getting there but I won't be able to post until my hosting is up again. X33 The wait, she is almost over, I promise!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Apparently my host was up last night briefly when I tried to log on, but that was from another computer so I didn't have a chance to ninja-upload my files. Now it's down -again-, so even though I have Houka's and the Feline's images done (Hallelujah! XD) I don't have a place to put them!

I'm going to see about finding a temporary space to upload images (I'll use geocities iff I have to!) so that I can get the Monday update out in time, but once artdragon's back up, I'll be transferring everything back over there so... if you're direct linking or anything, hold off for a bit?

(I swear to -god-... every time I get something set up and moving, bloody artdragon goes down for three to five days. >:I I'm going to have to start looking for my -own- host instead of relying on friends. Jeez.)

Post by Guest »

Is okay. We all understand. *hugs*

On positive note... pretties!! Yay!!!
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Hey Dray, I know I've offered before, but if you want free space on a reliable server I've got room on my site. It's almost never down and as long as you can FTP you shouldn't have any trouble with it... :)
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Okay, let's go!

Feline
Taeresi is evolving!
Image -> Image
Taeresi the VINEUP has evolved into a GOLDBLOOM
(Tier 2 Spirit/Flora -> Tier 3 Good Spirit/Flora)

Reenee
No evolutions today -- XD Go Noogie! (Noogie and the Headbangers? XDD)

Shard
No evolutions today, but Mookey and Halka are both building up nicely.

Xalia
Maki is evolving!
Image -> Image
Maki the JINNFLAMMAL has evolved into a MANTICOAL
(Tier 2 Fauna/Fire -> Tier 3 Neutral Fire/Fauna)

Houka Ryuu
Ryoushi is evolving!
Image -> Image
Ryoushi the VESPISWOOP has evolved into an AIRISTOCRAT
(Tier 2 Air/Fauna -> Tier 3 Good Air/Fauna)

Aireona
(Cy is again on the waiting list, and her egg is bumped to you!)
Pick a colour:
Black
Blue
Brown
Green
Grey
Purple
Red
White
Yellow

Jess D
No evolutions today, but both Tanis and Ranoc hit 4 tics in one element or another. >:D

Kayla
Niiro is evolving!
Image -> Image
Niiro the BABY evolved into a BUFUBUFO!

Astra
No evolutions today, but you're doing everything right! :)

Rachael
No evolutions, but your Didra's are growing tics quite nicely!
Last edited by Dray on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OMG... Taeresi is really beautiful!!!!! You truly outdid yourself this time, Dray!!
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

And I'm finally caught up with templates... for now! XDD Thanks!

(I'm working on the Monday update right now. It should be up in a few minutes!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Speaking of which!

http://community.livejournal.com/didragon/6616.html

*limps along* XD
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

WOW! :D Maki is gorgeous Dray! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

Dray wrote: Taeresi the VINEUP has evolved into a GOLDBLOOM
HOLY CRAP! :O he evolved into a Jeff Goldblum?!
*is smacked*

[love the lion :D]
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

>_> If I'd made that connection it would SO have the creepy pointy ears and facial expression. D: Marla, why aren't you around to tell me these things beforehand! XDD
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Up For Grabs

Pick a colour:
Black
Blue
Brown
Green
Grey
Purple
Red
White
Yellow

Waiting List
Cy
Aireona
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Up for general grabs? As in anyone?

*glances around*

*gives her as yet unnamed little guy an apologetic look*

Pick a colour:

Black

If my suspicions/hopes about the lone egg ranger are correct, I'll be naming the pair in my next post. =)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Image -> Image
Name?

(I'm sure that your other unnamed guy wouldn't mind getting some tics built up, too, if you know what I mean! ;P)
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Quite an interesting shade of black there, Dray. I really like him though. *grins and squishes her new bronzy baby*

Anywho, since I love Didra Gon narratives:

Still feeling a little scatterheaded from a very long trip, I spent quite a long while searching for my naming guides, only to find them in the possession of a very engrossed yellow Didra Gon. When he finally noticed me watching his intent studies (at such a young age no less!), he proudly called my attention to one name in particular.

Sol. Meaning "the sun", and short for Solomon, meaning "peace". We'll see if he lives up to either ideal as he grows older.

As for his new baby brother, I could barely set the little wriggling critter down before Sol dashed to his pile of books, flipped through some pages, and pointed in earnest to a name. Luna, the moon.

He wouldn't listen to my claims that Luna was a goddess, and Luna seems more than delighted with his brother's choice of name. Perhaps they're too young to care about gender, especially with the gender-ambiguity of their species, but I won't hold that against them.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yep, since you picked a non-wild egg (the egg was bred from a pre-existing Didra Gon) Luna inherited a bit of the parent's colour AND an extra tic. X3

And I had checked LJ before the Nexus, so if you get a weird comment in your mail, that was just me trying to boggle who 'somebody named dragonfly?!' was after just waking up! XD *goes to fix*
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Eep, sorry about that! *blushes* I have so many online handles from various years that I often forget what I have and haven't used in certain communities. Dragonfly is one of my older names.

And ooh, Luna has parents. Do you have him/her/them on record? I'm kind of curious. =)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm not keeping records of the parents just yet (low tier ones aren't that important for heritage, though later on they might be more so!) but I'm pretty sure that that particular egg was from Reenee's Noogie, a Tier 2 Electric/Rock fella. :3
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Info
*Rules
*Game Mechanics
(Below are listings of every existing Didra Gon, with stats about its type and example images.)
*Eggs and Babies
*Tier 1 Critters
*Tier 2 Critters
*Tier 3 Good Critters
*Tier 3 Neutral Critters
*Tier 3 Wicked Critters

Waiting List
* Cy - Image
* Aireona - Image

Egg Claim
Cy and Aireona: answer the egg level question below to claim your egg. As you're on the waiting list, you have 24 hours (or whenever I log in and post after the 24 hour mark is up, if I can't be on right on the dot!) After this your egg will be passed on to the next person on the wait list or offered up for grabs. If you were passed over, you'll go back to the top of the waiting list for next Friday!

Level: Egg
Pick One Colour Listed Below:
Black
Blue
Brown
Green
Grey
Purple
Red
White
Yellow

Item Claim
Closed today!

Tier 0 (Baby)
Your Didra Gon has been terribly naughty! You:
Give them a smack
Reprimand them verbally
Explain what they did wrong and comfort them

Tier 1 (First Elemental Evolution)
Your Didra Gon has entered a contest... it uses the following technique to ensure it wins:
Careful study of the challenge and intense practice
Appeals to the judges with great showmanship, whether it is good at the challenge or not
Goes with the flow... it's all just for fun anyways
Cheats -- it's more important to win

Tiers 2 & 3
How would you label your Didra Gons personality?
Uncontrolled and destructive
Very observant
Very helpful
Able to take care of itself
Flexible but incredibly strong willed
Faithful
Mellow
The life of the party
Intentionally troublesome
Many layered
Very competitive

Breeding Form!
Your Name:
Didra Gon's Name:
Tier: (Tier 2 and up to breed only)
Element(s):
Moral Alignment: (Neutral unless otherwise stated)
Breed With: (If you want a specific pairing)

(Mud, your image is on the way. :3)