Twisted Fate - 06 Psuedo-Hatching

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

...I fixed his personality. *facepalm* Man, I really was tired last night if I thought it'd be rad to repeat his abilities in his personality section! XD *goes red with embarrassment!*
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Finally pulled my attention away from Phantoms long enough to assign "adult" Charms to the infernabeasts. Go me? XD I'm so easily distracted.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh yes, and three of the Purged infernabeasts now have deadlines for entering their readoption-draws.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

If anyone wants in on the Purge draws for Mud #2 Jaryk'isa, Ash #1 Joroch'isan, or Smog #9 Tularnan'zjan, today's the last day for that.

Poison #8 Chyjanir'zja and Slime #10 Toljar'zjan are still without entries.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ooh. I was looking those guys over before, and I just realized a good one for Chyjanir'zja.

About the Purged candidates, must they be on the ship or is there another way to bring the Purged TO the person in question? I have this mage, see....
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I guess my little info-blurb on the Purge page needs some elaboration. XD

Anything Purged from the Fate is no longer on the ship. They are rounded up and kicked off. Not into the hands of new bonds or sponsors, but onto random planets. It's, well, like leaving a baby on a snowy hillside to die, except young dragons are far more self-sufficient, so these Purged individuals are clandestinely observed for a time and then forgotten.

The "relocation" of a Purged individual means your character will stumble across the Purged dragon. To this end, the "random" planet the dragon was dropped on is whatever planet you need it to be for such an encounter to happen. The story the winner of a draw must write has to cover this encounter and how it results in a bonding or sponsoring of the homeless dragon.

Purges are absolutely different from Abandons, which is why they're on a separate page.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Sweet then, that makes writing a story about them much, much easier :) I've sent in the form.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
baka-ryu
Hatchling

Post by baka-ryu »

Oh...oh dear.

I....really misread that, then.

>_<

Would it be possible to request that you disregard the form I sent and allow me to send in someone else?
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh certainly, no problem at all.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

The draws have been rolled for Jaryk'isa, Joroch'isan, and Tularnan'zjan. Winners have been emailed with the deadline for the stories they now owe. Apologies to those who the dice didn't favor this time around!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Since the hatching-day for Clutch 4 is coming up on us, I'm now attaching a deadline to Theurge applications. If you want to get one in for consideration, you have until August 4th--same day as the clutch deadline.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Tomorrow is the last day to get candidates in for Clutch 4. Similarly, it's the last day to get Theurge apps in as well.

Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Wow. I knew there was a reason I set my alarm for the clutch a day early. XD! *send in form with story she's only just finished*

Now I only wish I had a Theurge idea to send in (that wasn't against my morals >.>.. *eyes Morchaint, who has been coveting her suva for literally -ages-*). ;.; Oh well, maybe next time. *wistful sigh*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Starburst »

Woo! I got my three in. ^^ And I thought I'd never be able to write something even slightly decent. I'm not as pleased as I thought I'd be with their story, but it's something, and I enjoyed writing it. ^^;;

I /love/ the whole concept of 'we chose you, therefore you have no choice' with the Seekers. Love love love. <3 You win at life, Phe.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Starburst wrote:I /love/ the whole concept of 'we chose you, therefore you have no choice' with the Seekers. Love love love. <3 You win at life, Phe.
:D So where do I sign the High Score sheet for that, exactly?

Heehee. I love it, too. X3 Heaven knows I have plenty of candidates that would've been easier to place if I could've forced them to be bonders. XD
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

In case people forgot/didn't realize, I can also do Theurges off a single critter. Like how Dray's Hybridization Center does? And Myrror's Whorling Duplications? Yeah, like that. Gimme one critter, I make a clutch of similar-but-not-exact beasties off it.

Just in case that sparks anyone's thoughts. :)

Post by Guest »

Mmm, well...we'll have to see how my application fares. *looks forward to seeing the results of this awesome craziness*
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

...well, I was originally going to restrain myself from it, but I feel like sending in Kyra anyway, just to try my luck. =) I've reached the point where I cannot resist a chance of pretty 3V1L! babies. ^^;;
Molly
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Xenoqueen wrote:In case people forgot/didn't realize, I can also do Theurges off a single critter. Like how Dray's Hybridization Center does? And Myrror's Whorling Duplications? Yeah, like that. Gimme one critter, I make a clutch of similar-but-not-exact beasties off it.

Just in case that sparks anyone's thoughts. :)
You know, I'd been thinkin' about that last night after I posted, and actually came up with a good idea! *gaspshock* ...though he's not even paged yet. x.x;;

*quick paging job?* :D
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Xenoqueen »

Gawd you people are so made of awesome. Picking Theurges (and AD Synths at that) is always so hard. XD But somehow I'll do it....

Clutch 04 is closed now, too. With 25 dragonets to develop, it'll take me a while, but hopefully within a week! (Yay 10-hour work days.)
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

This is making me happy. ^^ Can't wait to see which lucky Theurge apps got accepted. Eek, such suspense!
Molly
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

SO HERE WE GO. The next Theurges, in no particular order, will be....

...some Supernal hybrids to walk the neutral line between Supernals and Infernals...

...some demon crosses that are going to have abilities that are oh my GAWD and you thought the Balespawn were bad...

...some drak/ojee that make me glee oh so much because I drew the ojee years ago when I first discovered cyberpet adoptions and I totally had no idea that the Jennalyn here is the Jennalyn I knew in the ojee circles...

...and some wicked little godspirits that are totally going to have Anathema pulling her hair...er, horns out...

There were more awesome submissions, but even accepting four was pushing it! I HAND OFF MY HIGH SCORE AT LIFE TO ALL OF YOU. Seriously. The sort of beasties you all (big Nexus-wide you here) hand to me, both here and at the Destiny...like just HOW many gods and godlike beings have I handled now? Pardon me while I go hyperventilate into a paper bag. XD
leilay
Hatchling

Post by leilay »

Whoo-whoo-whoo! Those sound *amazing*! :)

Must plot... ;D
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Damn, that's a lot of god-peoples! I guess if there are going to be more evil god beasts then its okay for me to breed my godforms that I've been working on all summer? Maybe. Maybe not. I probably won't get around to it. But what can I say, I'm on a gods kick recently. Expect candidates for your evil ones. My mostly-good-to-neutral gods need to have someone to fight, after all.
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD This sounds like one hell of a house party on the TF, Phe. Hope the crew's into cleaning up afterwards!
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

Mwahahahaa.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Freaking finally. XD So much for within a week. I got nothing done the first week at work, and the week after, my mom went on vacation and took the laptop with her. :P D'oh!

But now they're hatched, at last. And there's several Purges. I fell behind on the 03 Purges, so if you want in on the draws for those two, get entries in today. The new 04-ers will go the regular "deadline set after first entry received".
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Did you just not get my application for a Purged? I sent one in before you sent out the last group. I'd like to know what the status is on those please?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Like I just said, I'm behind on those. I will run those draws after today, so people that want in on them need to get in apps nigh-immediately.

Yes, I got your app.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Okay good, I was worried :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com