The Lodge on Kilandaia-Deadline set!

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Damn, I'd have sent in Secundinus, but I think they're half-siblings! XP

Eeh, flight full! *bounce* Lakota, have you started writing yet? It's the weekend so I might be able to get a pre-flight story in for Night's Storm! *really wants him to win, has been busy off her arse for the longest time, though!*
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, not quite sure about halfness, since Frisky's last clutch was mixed weith the genes of three other dragons, not just one. Thirdness?

Ehe, but ya, they're related. Frisky just didn't pass on her last name to the boys in my clutch ^.^;

Edit: And the Selamputos. She had all of them go with their daddy's last name. ^.^;
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*Nikartere preens* "It's a very prestigious name, you know~!"
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Prestigious or Prolific? :P
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think that one goes with the other, in the dragoning world at least! XD *ponders* What kind of babies do you wanna draw from that, Xalia? I'll have to look through my lists.
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*shrugs* I'll draw whatever results from the pairings...send me anyone you want! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

Dray - I've started the beginnings of the flight story, ya-es, but I'm not all the way to the end yet XD So I can hold it til after the weekend if you want to finish your male's story and send him in :3

::imagines herself hopping up and down like she has to pee, but holding a story instead::
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:O Do you have a winner decided already, though? >.O I know it sounds selfish, but I don't want to write a big ol' story if I have no chance of winning!
LakotaWolf
Dragon

Post by LakotaWolf »

No winner picked yet XD I know I probably should have one, but I don't.

I have all the flight story written up to the point when males start dropping out, so it's all good. Sorry, though, Xalia, that it'll take a bit longer >_< I want to see Dray's boy now XD
Lakota Windfang Sheean,
Professional Misanthropist
http://www.splintyr.com

Letting the days go by - Let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by - Water flowing underground
Into the blue again - After the money's gone
Once in a lifetime - Water flowing underground
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Bryn-saru has flown! Her flight is linked on the front page of Kilandaia's site so go check it out! Lakota wrote an awesome flight story!

So, a successful flight means eggs in the Chambers! Chamber 1 now has right around 15 eggs incubating so send in your candidates. I'll be adding a deadline once I finish the images, so until then you can take your time. When I do add a deadline though I will likely only give you guys about 2-3 weeks to get characters in before I hatch it (with or without the clutch being full) so don't leave everything to the last minute if you want in on the fuzzy Schattarneki babies!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That was an excellent flight! I thought for sure.... :)

I'll be sending a bonder and sponsor - probably a full-time sponsor like we'd tried making, the ambassadors? If you don't mind I'll find an appropriate Sanger to leave in the lodge's care. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Shard? I love you now. You just inspired me enough to get the... six? Seven now? anyways, however many candidates I need to get written done. Ambassadors=reason for off-worldy-ness!

...wait, you don't mind if I run off and steal your ideas, do you? It's ok if you do, I have a couple backup candidates I can spiff up and sponsor out.
Last edited by GildedLilly on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

No, no the ambassador thing was something we planned up on the old knux board - making permanent arrangements for places which allow sponsorships. The Healing Den has ambassador suites, as do several other locations (the list of them probably lost from the old board? anyone have theirs handy so we can start that thread up again?).

http://www.geocities.com/healing_den/hd-main-amb.htm Is mine :)

Question to Xalia though: Are there centaurs on your world? Since there's no world / inhabitant info up yet, I can't tell :D I have a sangertaurelf. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
GildedLilly
Fledgling

Post by GildedLilly »

Ohhhh! Well... I mutate ideas quite often. This idea has been offically mutated beond recognization. >.>

<.< ...Spies from another world, but with poorly designed com units that don't work outside of their homeworld... *cackle*
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Shard wrote:Question to Xalia though: Are there centaurs on your world? Since there's no world / inhabitant info up yet, I can't tell :D I have a sangertaurelf. :)
Nope, no centaurs, but that doesn't mean they won't be accomodated...The Lodge is a friendly place, all are accepted, the Goprin cities...well, we're still working on bringing them around to a more diverse way of thinking...

I'll get the info up as soon as I can...didn't want to hold back flights while I work on storiness though... :)

Feel free to shoot as many questions at me as you have...I'd be glad to help you guys plan out your stories if you're having trouble due to lack of info!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

That's cool. I think he'll at least help make the attempt at fitting in. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Aaah! AAH YAY! :DD

Gyardanou is so pleased. ^___^ You wrote him exquisitely. XD And Auhato, might I add. Man, he could use to lose a flight for once. *pats his head* But YEAH! I wasn't expecting Gyar' to win, this is awesome! :DD He's rather proud of this, he'll happily stay on the sands with her. I should send a candidate, also...

Absolutely lovely flight, Lakota. :3 Man, that'll be a hard act to follow with Mairo'. (Speaking of, people, send chasers! Please? :D)
Image Image Image Image
Silver Midnight

Post by Silver Midnight »

Oooh, 1/8th Legend-babies! =D
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Gyardanou has legend blood? *blinks and runs off to do research*
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Okay, am in a fit of artiness recently and assuming I can get my other images and homework done I forsee getting the images for the current clutch at least drawn very soon. Which means that we're going to have to start thinking about deadlines and I only have /one/ candidate so far!

So, pencil in two weeks from now as the tentative date for the hatching or around Thanksgiving and start working on your candidates, please! :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Still only have /one/ candidate at the Lodge and I'm still looking for three more chasers for Inazuko Friskers.

I have one hatchling image drawn and am hoping to get the other done in the next couple days. Once those are done I'll set the deadline for the clutch and it will hatch whether I have candidates or not! If you're working on a candidate or intend to could you at least post something telling me so? Seems like there's very little interest in this clutch for some reason...
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:O I'm interested! Just doing finals, so RP time is limited! >.O But I shall try'n get one or two in!
Rachael
Dragon

Post by Rachael »

I am interested as well, just working on updates and life. =)
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

*drags her thread up to the top* There, that's better...

Now, I wanted to offer this as an idea. I've got the Bryn-saruXGyardanou babies all drawn up and awaiting candidates...I don't have the adult image yet, but I wanted to see how many people would be interested in seeing the Lodge run like the OABP? In other words, I'll tear down the candidate page and whenever you send a candidate I'll pair them up with an appropriate dragon. The only time you'd have to wait would be when I didn't have any clutches or the clutch you're interested in hasn't been drawn/colored/whatever yet.

Basically what I want to know is, would instant gratification get me any more candidates? *hopeful look* :D
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

... What is this OABP thing? Have I missed something entirely?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Shard wrote:... What is this OABP thing? Have I missed something entirely?
Dray's Offworld Avengaean Bonding Project was too much of a mouthful...so we all kinda shortened it to OABP... >.> I guess we forgot to send out the memo...

XD
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Ah.

.... Why do I still think that's closed, or did I miss another memo? *is a tard* Anyway - I wanna be sending people sponsors/candidates/whatever. So yeah. Whatever works. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I have the full intention of sending you a candidate, but time constraints keep me from it. I would love it if it were run like OABP though! I think I will send you Kaden. Yes, even with all this talk of reviving oldies, I still have a FEW new charries left in me :lol:
ImageImageImage
Morel
Fledgling

Post by Morel »

I've been trying to send someone, but I keep getting distracted. I actually have one I was going to send, but he's only half done *ducks* *points at the Flurry as an excuse*
Morel
----------------
Today is the tomorrow you dreaded yesterday.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It's open! It really is! I'd just moved on to other things, since there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in it at the time! ^^;;;; sorry!

And I like that idea. :3 Less waiting on both people's parts--perhaps you could give everyone a dragon who applies for the clutch, as they come, and then write a post-bonding story when all the eggs from it are gone? Kind of... backwards, I guess, but then you have an 'official' record of the bonding, and the fact that everyone is bonding at different times can be kept OOC?