Gemstone Dragon Giveaway

Giveaways or draws, contests or freebies, this is where to go for critters being given out in a non-clutch format.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

delyar
Dragon

Post by delyar »

Oh man, I was interested and then saw the names and now it's all MUST HAVE. Gorgeous, yet silly names are so much awesome.

Name: Delyar
Gemstone: Tiger's Eye (it's my favourite k)
Rough or Polished?: Polished
Character Listing
Site Listing - Links to All Sites (Link back here if confused!)
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I'm having some problems uploading images; I have the iolite guy done, and will get the Tiger's Eye one done once I'm home tonight... we'll just see how my internet connection holds up for the sftp program!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

hai Dray, is it too late to jump in on this? =P While slacking off from doing homework, I'm trawling the forum to see what all I've missed lately
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Not too late! I'm not going to toss up the last two just yet, but add your name to the list. :3 I'll just leave it open until someone like Moonwolf comes and resurrects it three years from now. XD And then it will probably be closed more because I no longer have the template than because there's a limited run of the guys.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Name: StarFyre
Gemstone: Iolite
Fire Colour: deep blue
Rough or Polished?: polished
Xalia
Great Wyrm

Post by Xalia »

Name: Xalia
Gemstone: Tanzanite
Rough or Polished?: Can I have Polished body and rough wings? :D

These are gorgeous, Dray! Sorry I'm signing up so late!
Kilandaia
Tripaldi Weyr
TSCZ
Jurizlandia-Coming Soon

Post by Guest »

AmethystApocalypse is paged :)

http://kethayr.webs.com/bond/amethyst.html
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Kayla
Name: IoliteInternecine
Fire: Burney!

Delyar
Name: TigerseyeTerror
Fire: More Burney!

StaryFyre
Name: IoliteInvader
Fire: IoliteInvader's deep blue flames have the odd ability to cause liquid water to solidify at room-temperature (and hotter), catalyzing other water to do the same... to an extent. Unlike Ice9, this fire is not in danger of turning all the world to an unliveable mass of solid water, however the effects can be devastating should IoliteInvader not be careful. His fire has the odd effect of exploding organic cells, so that all the water forms organic-looking icey chunks that only 'melt' over time. When his fire is distilled via magic or science into its purest form, it can be added into a waterworks to completely destroy an enemy town without having to step foot inside, the solidifying effects wearing off 24 to 36 hours after the initial transformation.

Xalia
Name: TanzaniteTrepidation
Fire: Burninating!

I think that catches me up! :D
Also: Thanks Aressaun! 83
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

FireOpalFell is up on a very rough page here. He has been refusing to fit into any of the groups I already have set up and demanding I start something new for him. I don't have the time to put that much work in right at this moment, but I wanted him up on a page so I wouldn't forget what I was doing with him :P

Long story short, url is permanent, design is temporary, and story coming eventually :P
ImageImageImageImage
dracosinfernoweyr
Dragon

Post by dracosinfernoweyr »

IoliteInternecine is up! http://dracosinfernoweyr.freehostia.com ... fpiol.html

I learned a new word. :B
~Kayla, what is that I don't even
+ Char Listing + LJ +
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*shamelessly necros thread* Hay Dray -- any breeding rules on these guys? I was in the process of putting IoliteInvader up, and ran into the idea of crossing Classics with Myrsilk <.< seeing as the sizes are similar-ish.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I don't think so; just keep in mind their personalities and stuff. These are pretty much classic western dragons. They'll have clutches of eggs and all that jazz. Don't remember all the info, can probably check the first page for a recap!
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I'm figuring, as a result of such a breeding -- the clutch would be much smaller than a standard Myrsilk clutch (seeing as Invader is a guy, so he doesn't have to worry about eggs and all that jazz =P) and probably take longer to hatch. The hatchlings themselves would have absolutely no need for a bond (not that Myrsilk really have a need for one anyway), maybe have a bit of proto-telepathy (image-flashes, feelings, but not coherent sentences or the like), but otherwise be mainly verbal. Drawing from western lore, where few if any dragons have magic, I think most of the Myrsilk-style magic would manifest rather as a magic resistance, or as flame-modifications, except in rare cases. And while the hatchlings wouldn't take as long to mature as a Classic, they'd take much longer than Myrsilk, and they'd still have that propensity to go feral if not kept strictly in like (and seeing as the mate I was thinking about is a bondless, Clanless Void that I've been playing around with on the side for a while... she's a fascinating girl, Keitana is.)

In any case, this would probably be more for story purposes than anything, seeing as Invader's sparked some thoughts in my head. =P But who knows, later on, there might be others.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The only thing I know for sure is that if the dragon doesn't have the flame modifications, its offspring won't acquire any new ones!