Sad News

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Layers, layers, and oh dear GOD more layers.

The base image, drawn and inked by hand, was three-headed. Every head after that was drawn, one at a time, on the computer. Each head had its own folder full of layers out the wazoo for its color, shading, and any shadows that fell on previously existing heads.

Took me several hours and sessions to complete. XD

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ahh, I see! So it just requires a lot of patience, for the most part! XD Well, they turned out gorgeous in any case. <3! Thanks!
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Yup, though for all the time involved, I've found I prefer the above method to the other option: drawing the template completely and erasing pieces as necessary. Considering the complexity of that particular template, the latter method probably would have driven me quite mad! :P
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Thank you, phe! :D You are super awesome.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Hey Phe? Where are the records for the split personality clutch? The one Xi'Dui came out of. I can't find Sevash and Cercei's stats pages (though I still have the original story) and I can't find the link to the bonding in the AD records.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by Guest »

I'm really sorry to hear about your Geocities troubles. :( My website is based on Geocities too, but (thankfully) the most I seem to have lost so far are a few images.

If it helps and if you're looking for one, I found a pretty good free server/hosting site that I'm uploading everything of mine onto now. :)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Thanks, but I'm already being generously hosted by Xalia. :D It's just a long, long process of moving all my stuff over. Plus I'm giving the old candidate stories a face lift so that they can be read on any screen without overlapping the border. Which is making it an even longer process.

>.> The good news is that a lot of what I thought was lost has been found. Now I just have to sort through it and remember what came from where.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I've got copies of images I've drawn, usually. Getting them uploaded is the problem, It's slow. Is that list what you still need?

I have no idea about information, however.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

That's the list of the ones I think I've lost. I'll have to go through them later and cross them off as I find them. I've discovered a lot of images, if not stats, were saved on my harddrive. Thank god for paranoia. Right now I'm in the process of uploading everything to Xalia's awesomely donated space. Plus I'm changing up a lot of old pages I no longer like the look of. I'll get back to you when I have a more solid list.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Hey Kait, do you remember anything about Pheldion Lanudah? Was he one that I gave you or one from the Fur and Feathers Frenzy? If you remember what he looked like, in either case, I can either toss you the Niteshan image again, or paint you up a new one!
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I don't think I gave away any Lanudahs in the F&F. The only ones that I remember giving away from that time period were the trio during a Star City clutch. There may have been more later on, but I'm fairly certain that the only pure-earth behbehs that I adopted out were 'Filideterra's.

(Doublechecked the records and confirmed that! Besides, I don't think I'd come up with a name like Pheldion... isn't that the name of the Phoenix King that bred at Sil's halloween frenzy a while ago?)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

>.> I still have Pheldion. Whom I named myself. *cough* Don't have a page for him, which means I lost the stats. You guys happen to remember what they are?

http://dragonseye.dragonbackdesign.com/ ... eldion.gif
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

He looks like he's from JKat's Asandus giveaway. I would say your best bet is to look at the Asandus info if you're looking for heights.

For abilities, all Niteshans have: verbal speech, functional magic, psionics (telepathy, teleportation, telekinesis), shapeshifting (dragon-human spectrum), flowering (where the Niteshan's back-gems sprout into flowers the colour of their eyes and can pick up pollen from other Niteshans to create offspring!), and... I don't know if they still have the ability to root themselves to absorb nutrients from soil using their tail. I haven't seen or heard JKat talk about that for over a year so it might be being phased out? o.o
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Ahh! Did those ones come with stats? I don't remember making stats for them, but it WAS a long time ago.

Dray's covered the abilites bases (yep, they can still root with their tails -- any changes to the asandae I make these days don't apply to the Nexus ones, there are too many already out there to go messing with their abilities anymore!) Sizes and other info can be found here. Go crazy. :)
Image Image Image Image
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

;_; Okay, now I'm really sad. I can't find Roah's pages or stories ANYWHERE. Even her dragons are gone. I thought I had them moved already! Ugh, time is almost up and I can't find half my stuff.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

:c *sends hugs!* I don't know how to help with that one! Stupid geocities. XP

Post by Guest »

Ouch. I spy some Lantessama draggies in there. I save all the images ever hatched so I can give you those. It's ok for me to just have a page with stats and a summary if you remember what they were about... *goes to check*

I know it's not the same, but at least you'll still have them around somewhere. I hope you have a better memory than me, some of the stories I came across i knew nothing off anymore... and it's only been 2 years

stories

Post by Guest »

I still have the stories for both of my Hathians and the characters, and my Dodrian...what I don't have is pictures...I don't think I do anyway. :( I really dislike Geocities, not just now but from previous experience! :evil: