Dragon Adoption Game

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Gah, it got sold off already when I put it in the item market for like a minute...

And the site is down again. XD woops! At least I had a chance to equip my dragon to make more treats before it poofed! :D

Post by Guest »

I have to say, the links at the top make things much easier. :D Thanks for doing that!

Also, Fannie's hanging out here going ":( Mom, I think I lack the bling." XD Considering she's already lvl 15, I'm just going to hold on and make this lovely white necklace for lvl 20.

The furdragon is freakishly /cute/, just to say, too. XD
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Finally. I have gotten an account. For some reason my first activation e-mail got eatten. SO, second name choice.

http://rathrahk.dragonadopters.com/
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heheh I have been enjoying scavenging for lottery games, but it's 5 games every 24 hours... bah! Mine's almost level 20!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I just made a ring that's a level 20 item that's +5% growth instead of the usual. :D It is made of win. X3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Do you just get lucky for that? They really do need to work on in-game information, there's only the one faq page, and I'd far rather see info right there when you're making things.

How do they work multiple dragons, though? I mean, if it goes right to your dragon on the one link... I know you can't have a 2nd one until 30 but ? dunno.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Woot! *visits*

I've heard that they eventually want to put together a wiki with more info that we can help to fill out. X3 I've discovered that different coloured items have different effects (so it sucks to not know which is the best ring or tail bracelet, etc. to make per level! :o)... in any case, I think that the higher the level of the item, the less likely the success of making it is. DX Which sucks, considering how much aura/scales/fur they begin to require!

For dragons, your most recent dragon will show up on the front page, then you can visit individual dragons by clicking on their links off your main page. :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I have GOT to get a Dinodragon next, I think. I just saw how adorable it is, sitting there inhaling a fly. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I've decided my next will likely be a furdragon. Manes make me happy. :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I think I'm going to go for a Dino and then a Fur -- of the six, Western/Fur/Dino are my favorites. XD Then again, I may change my mind once I see the adult images! *can't wait!*

Post by Guest »

My newly-hatched girl's link is here. <3 Ketny.

http://roczath.dragonadopters.com/dragon_5256

Post by Guest »

Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol dray you're on Warning status....

Their rules are pretty stiff, and hard to understand. I don't think they're native English speakers, actually, by the way things are worded. I wonder if they're just confused about what people want to see on the site, and what they want to allow on it.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

T_T I know. I spoke with the moderator who put me on warning status and apparently I had been speaking in such foul language that she didn't wish to repeat it. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? The only thing I've been posting on that forum is encouragements in the 'post your art!' section. If I swore at all it'd have been in phrases like, "that's fucking amazing! :O Great work!" etc. XP She wouldn't even give me a link to the words in question because she'd gone and deleted them all. I asked her to point me towards a list of words if she couldn't be arsed to copy and paste them, and she never replied again. :\ Talking to the mod over her, he said he'd look into it and I never heard from him again, either.

I guess that at least these guys aren't as bad as the Dragon Cave admin but still. C'mon, I'm not trolling, I'm trying to encourage people to expand on their art-skeelz; I'm just trying to play the game. What's the big deal? It's not like people who are on the internet don't see these kinds of things in other places. :\ I think I'll just refrain from posting there anymore... my dragon's growing just fine without also putting myself out where anal retentive mods can nip me.

Adding you two to the first post, btw! :D Now there's a buddy list so we can click one anothers from the site.
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Hee, my boy just hatched and boy is he cute :D
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Inari is lonely! She needs someone other than me to visit her!

T___T
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Aberon and I visit her often. :D

Boy is it annoying being able to make items but not equip them. :\
ImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Only make the right kind of items for your dragon, then! XD (For example, Westerns can only have dragon scale items... durr). I've been saving mine up so that I can make the proper level items... though I'm starting to make reptile scale items in anticipation of getting a Dino-based dragon. X3

And I visit Inari every day, along with all of the other guys linked above! D: Maybe it's not counting my visits after the first? :(

I find that if you put up items on the resource market, people seem to click on 'em. o.o Can't imagine how else I have all of my page views!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yeah actually that's what I have been doing when I go looking for lottery to play. I just open the markets and the un-clicked names, I just go down the list. :)

I managed to make myself a special "bonus to your rank" item... I was kinda surprised at that :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

I wonder how it decides what the percentages and special vs normal items are going to be. DX Dratted luck-of-the-draw!

Post by Guest »

I visit all the little nexan dragons every day. *scritches Inari and all the rest* <3 <3 <3

Fannie's going to spend her levels in the 20s getting ahead of y'all. She's got two rings - one is +5% growth, and the other is +10% page view influence, so she grows just /that/ much faster compared to everyone else getting the same hits. So even through dray was the first to get a dragon from here and should therefore be a higher level than everyone (considering the page views kind of cap for a day or something), there've been days where Fannie was higher level than Kaly.

</that>

I find the huge mass of "THIS RANDOM THING!" to be at once fun and frustrating. >_>;

Also, I am totally prepping my level 30 items. XD;;; Because, c'mon. We'll be there soon. And it's 300 aura to craft a gem for a level 30. o_x
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ditto with the level 30 items. XD I'm also quietly crafting dino-items for when I can get my next egg. Mua ha ha ha.

I was wondering why everybody else has caught up so fast! I haven't been making the right items!

Post by Guest »

Caught up and then some! :shock: Fannie's grown up to be a teenager! XD

And she's /scary/! XD
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Congrats Lilu. Oooh, she really is scary XD

Oooh, looks like Jkat's Samson's a teenager too!

Only two more levels until Aberon's at level ten~
ImageImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

The Wyverns are turning out to look so beastly. D: They're definitely not favorites of mine.

(Wow, Samson grew in the last couple of minutes! I'd just done a sweep and he was still a kid! XD You guys are popping up fast!)

Post by Guest »

Yeah, I wasn't liking the child stage for the wyverns. I /really/ like the teenager. I think wyverns /ought/ to be scary, just be definition of the term. Their child stage is really kind of... corny. XD I think.

Suffice to say I'm pleased that it looks like Fannie could eat like... half the planet for breakfast if you rubbed her the wrong way. *entertained*
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Well, I finally jumped on the bandwagon. I has a freshly-adopted dragon egg.

http://keilin.dragonadopters.com/dragon_8500

I'm kinda hoping I'll get a little female when it hatches. I'd like to name her Alyr.
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

I'm glad I stayed away from that from what Dray said...

Fira is lvl 29 almost lvl 30... ^.^ Soon a second dragon... :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Hey you guys! Link your second dragons here and I'll add them to the list! :D (I think that's the only way that we'll be able to visit both! :o)
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

I just broke 30! :D Samson has a sibling now~!

http://jkatkina.dragonadopters.com/dragon_12372
Image Image Image Image