Roland's Bazaar - rock lizards round 2 + Big update

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Post by Guest »

Good eye shard! I think I just fixed it all.
pup!
and sure Shard, just take your pick :)
Unyko: I usually give it a day or so and he's yours.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Oh Em Gee, I will happily snag Rick Rocker. XD Check HIM out!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Mud wrote:Unyko: I usually give it a day or so and he's yours.
<3! *wait patiently to see if he gets snagged in the meantime, though can't really imagine him being passed up too much longer* XD

Also: So cute! XD *enjoys the expression on the pup's face* *snicker*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by jess d »

Can I snag Moof? I like the Holstein spots XD

Edit: Fixed my typo - on the page, it looked like a w

Post by Guest »

Updated with Phe taking Rick Rocker!
records are here: http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/r ... cords.html there's your current breeding stock, guys.
Jess d, I still need a link for Josef. As soon as I can get that you can go ahead and snag Moof. If you need his picture again I can post it!
Astra and Asha Wermyst that goes for you too! Soba and Argyle need pages.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Could I snag Wipeout?
ImageImageImageImageImage
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Could I get it again? I can't seem to find his page, and I know his pic is on my laptop (which is not quite back to working yet :/)

Post by Guest »

Cuteness! I would like Sandy's pup image if you have it. Also, I would like to make a bid for Rancid. ^_^
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Did anyone ask for Bizarro Moof yet? XD That's the best name ever invented.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry

Post by Guest »

list updated!
http://mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/rock/02.png
there's josef!
not sure what you mean about the pup picture for sandy. That pup image is a preview for the first clutch of actual dragon-type monsters I''m doing. If you click on current clutch on roland's bazaar you can read about it!

Post by Guest »

Oh :P I must have misunderstood. Anyways, Rancid is up in the same address as Sandy.

Sandy - http://cyberpets.houka-ryuu.com/rockliz ... .htm#Sandy
Rancid - http://cyberpets.houka-ryuu.com/rockliz ... htm#Rancid
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

And here's Josef's page!

http://www.geocities.com/rhyltor/art

My next little one will go there as well; I'll get Josef's traits up there as soon as I can get my laptop back up and going.

May I claim Moof now? :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Ewww, they're so gross~! (Actually, the first thing I thought of when reading about their origins was 'm-preg'. D: Sorry!)

I'm going to sit and think on this one, because I definitely want to take one home, but I want to find or make the perfect character for them. >:D

Post by Guest »

Go ahead Jess, thanks!
Thanks for paging so fast Houka!
hahaha, why m-preg? because it's so.. unclean? XD
You've got well over a month to mull over it, so rest easy.
jess d
Dragon

Post by jess d »

Yay! Thank you :D

And he is up on the same page as Josef, now - http://www.geocities.com/rhyltor/art
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Swipe works perfectly with Photha. :) Same page, new storybit.

Now I'm gonna have to have some fun with those 00 ... creatures... :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

m-preg because the eggs sound poop-shaped. D:

*goes to sit in the corner ahead of time for being so juvenile*
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Ooooh, fetus stage. Awesome. XD

Could I snag Azazel?
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

That actually made me laugh but then I got grossed out so I'm not sure what to think D:

Kat, gah, I'm sorry. The first clutch list never got fully updated. Azazel actually went to Terry because she expressed interest before I called for seconds.. and azazel sat there for a while with nobody claiming him so I deemed him hers.
I think what's left is chili, dozer and cole
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Ack, okay. XD My bad! Hmm, I may have to decide tomorrow~
Image Image Image Image

Post by Guest »

Shard I love the little story, so cute! Thanks for getting these guys up so fast.

Post by Guest »

If we can get seconds now, I would like to make a bid for Cole.

If not, then just ignore this post.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I'm currently working on a character for the poo nest, (lol) but I am not sure how it's going to work: he's an elf like many of my others, and he'll be sent if there's a known locale. But will he have to bring stuff in trade, what's the encounter like, etc? (he's a plant shaper, I think he can work out something interesting, but he's also one of the more unique guys i've made recently... and is leading into another 4 elves already...)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

well, I'm going to try and write a really organized explanation in a week or two, (with pictures, oh god will the picture help) but for now:
The Bazaar is located outside of star city, just before neutral space begins. This means, it's right before charted and policed space ends, and it's a popular stopping point to pick up necessities, first aid kits etc before braving pirate-filled areas. It's also a good resting point for when someone makes it out of neutral space in one piece.
The store also carries lots of one-of-a-kind items from confidential locations. Holistic and herbal medicines, new age trinkets, rare jewelry and clothing items. Strange foods.
It's a decently known place and should be on most if not all maps.
Roland accepts any major currency and he's willing to trade for items that have some true value.
Your character can pay for an egg online or come in person to either pay in full or put a down payment in.
The station is essentially a cone with a ring around it. The ring is parking, and there are walkways leading into the main shop area which is a circular room. The walkways have surveillance and detectors in them to make sure nobody comes in armed. There will be a representative or three waiting in the main cone to serve your character.
In-store representatives:
Yellow - http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/crew/yellow.html
Madra - http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/crew/madra.html
^^^
She will inspect anything your character brings to trade
Velika - http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/c ... aysep.html
Criima - http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/crew/grizz.html

It is set up (MAGIC!) so that anyone teleporting or shifting into the store will end up in the main reception area. They will then be searched and questioned briefly by a rep, as they will have skipped the walkway. When someone teleports in, the store goes into lockdown until they are cleared by an employee.
There are samples of items for sale in the main area. When your character asks for one, or presents a slip showing that they've made an online payment, an employee will take an elevator down a floor into inventory and grab it for them. The incubation room is also a floor down in inventory, your character may be brought down to see the eggs with supervision.
Your character will not meet Roland until hatching/pickup, which he attends. He's a busy man!
I hope this made some sense. Feel free to ask more questions!

Houka, I'm gonna wait a couple more hours to see if there's any more newcomers, then you and unyko get dozer and cole
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oh teleporting in will be fun, especially with a pile of elves. Who don't give up their weapons very easily :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD I love that explanation!

Star City has a similar teleportation default -- those who don't have passes to hop around inside the station will default to the... what's the word? toll houses? Receiving ports? :X Incoming traffic areas, I guess.

Yay, the Nexus having a chunk of space that is actually connected by physical distance. XDDD

Post by Guest »

Shard- ohh, this sounds like it's going to be a fun story XD

Dray- I couldn't think of a good name for it.. or explanation. Incoming Traffic Area is a good one. I just knew I couldn't have people zapping into inventory and grabbing whatever before zapping out X3

Houka and Unkyo - There's been plenty of time, Cole and Dozer are yours!
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yay! :D *hop over and snag little Dozer* <33!!!

And that really is an awesome explanation. X3 Sounds like a fun place.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Shard »

Will some of these get more pictures? I'm a bit confused as to what I should call Madra's appearance? Is she a dragon/dragonoid or a humanoid?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Yup, I forgot about that. There's very little description on appearance because they're going to have images up eventually.
have a (very rough) Madra!

she's covered in short, light kinda creamy yellow fur. She has a darker yellow mane of longer fur that goes down her back and eventually covers her whole tail. The dark yellow fur also tufts over her front legs (her one leg's really light in the image, sorry.) She's got shiny off-white horns growing out of the back of her head by her cheeks and on her tail. Her "toes" and "fingers" are also long off-white claws. Green eyes!
Yellow looks a bit like this guy: http://www.mudpuppy.otersi.com/bazaar/crew/black.html
much shorter and dumpier though, with a fatter and shorter nose. Looks kinda worn down or nervous most of the time. He doesn't need nor wear any clothes unless it's particularly cold. He looks really cartoonish and his appearance is kind of laughable compared to Black.