BSW [Mindspace] Updates -catdragons hatched

For all your update needs.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Do they mean anything? ^_^ They look like some kind of runes to me!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 In fact, some of them do. They're the alphabet I use instead of the english one, modified venetic. They don't mean anything specifically, though, they just spell out a word that was at the top of my head when I was designing the dragonet. :3
TyGryph
Dragon

Post by TyGryph »

Maxoith & Sevrith can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/shadowsiders/MaxSev.html

No story quite yet.
If you catch me on AIM (thecrazytiger) please send me a quick note and remind me your name on there. It has been so long since I used that chat medium, I'm staring blankly at my list and not knowing who's actually there. >.<

Nidus RyslenArx Atra Mons
Flurry 2006 & Flurry 2007 -- Then and Now
Avatar by Shard Frizzle, Base by ILCK.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Next clutch will be the alskyrian/pernese mutts. You can send cnadidates whenever.

The give-out format will be a bit different. maybe a story, but probably not. Instead, it'll be more themened. kinda like what Nicole does, maybe a little different.

Are there any suggestions for theme?

PS, thanks for links. I love seeing mine on pages and seeing them used in stories. Don't demand it, but it's still an ego boost. <3

Also, people who have things in future planned hatchings, either parent-- I'm thinking of canceling those. Would anyone object? If you do, I'll still run it, it's just a tentative thing.
Also, if you do want it to continue, do you specifically want thjese to be in a clutch format, or do you have any objections to them being a giveaway, which runs quicker?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Clutch info updated, with preview. Off to go make the official thread in the candidates/clutches board with the specific info about the clutch.

Also added a little disclaimer type thing, about how much my view of my own art effects the products of my work.

Still looking for theme suggestions. Anyone got one or two?
caesiusdraco
Fledgling

Post by caesiusdraco »

Oh my effing god! *steals the Berylth example and runs* Must have baby dragons!
S.R. / Coeptus Weir
~*~
Before she turns, rose-thorned tail streaking my hood,
I glimpse from her a thought like jagged glass,
Yet delicate with the texture of sentience:
We remain "turtle-apes", only the shells of our armors grow.
-My Bones Waxed Old by Robert Frazier
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Just an update- the Linelith and Berylth clutch hatched.
Link here.

I'm gonna take a bit of a break on the next clutch, work on it idly-- just some preliminary info, before it's open officially.
both parents are linked on the front post. I'm thinking there will be 15, with the possibilities of extras [but hopefully not cuz that's a lot anyway]. It will be themed, but i dunno what the theme will be.

Likely, there will be some more normal and some more eccentric dragonets.. so prepare a range of candidates, perhaps? Specify what you don't want, and what you want, if you've got preferences as to those, so i can make you happy with the outcomes, ifpossible. :3

and.. that's all i can think of. I may also run akhet's clutch simultaniously.

I say this now cuz when I do open that clutch officially, it'll be a short deadline-- 2 or so weeks. I dunno when it will open officially-- prolly not for awhile. but if you need lotsa time in advance.. well, i guess this is the first notice of it?

I'll make an official thread with all the info whenever. :3

Thanks for interest so far!
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Heya, Ness? Would you be interested in running a Catdragon clutch at some point? Maybe? *grins*

Definitely no rush on your end since I still have to organize my notes and get a story out of these two, but I found two Whorlings in my files that I think would make a beautiful clutch together. I also immediately thought of you as the person to host said clutch. ^^

If you're interested, here's the kitty pair:

Dydiana: http://www.geocities.com/sunrise_twilig ... ydiana.htm
Hunter: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/K ... 466346.gif (not paged yet)
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Ooh, and bipeds, too. XP
Gladly. MAybe at Salem Academy or Akhet. :3 It might be awhile, but still.
Kittie faces give me trouble, too-- practice! and firemane! I squeel with glee.

You got any preference as to waht agency they should go in? :3 Salem's page is down, but it's like a magical school kinda. Akhet is a more ancient-egypty setting.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Kay, i hatched the catdragons.

http://mindfuckt.sitesled.com/BlackShee ... lutch6.htm

which leaves me with two or three clutches left-- one at bSW, and two at Akhet. bwa.

I'm gonna be busy for awhile, so it may be awhile for these clutches to come out. They may also be dropped, to lessen my stress some. [unless, of course, someone else wants to do the lineart for me, but since I doubt that'll happen, it'll be awhile. oy.]

shard, starfyre-- contact me? I'm thinking of dropping Yalde'rer's clutch, becuase I'm so busy and I might not have time to get to it. X.x

I'm undecided as to whether or not drop the two clutches at Akhet. One of them is mothered by a dragon whose owner is no longer around. I had plans for it, but still. the other i want to do, but might not find time too. [that's the private one I offered to do, star.]

Sorry baout this- RL has been busy. O__o i'll explain later, when I'm actually sure of what's going on.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Oooh they're gorgeous! :D I love the pink that works just fine lol.

Remind me where this hatchiung is (the one you need us to talk to you about)? My recommendation is to take your time and do whatever you need to do to get your rl situated :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

:3 it's the one at the BSW. It's the shapeshifter danachian. ^^ The links in the first post on this thread.. or it should be. and glee, glad you like.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*wave hand* I'll volunteer to draw for you, if you'd like. ^.^; I have much coloring to do myself, but if it's just outlines you want... I place myself at your disposal. *salute*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DNS »

If you're sure you have the time, I'll jump on that. -clings- IF you don't, it's completely cool. If you do, the outline i'm needing is the one for this agency. Links on the front page. If you don't feel like doing that one, you can do one of the akhet ones, but email me about those ones first, since there might be an issue or two with them. ^^ And yeah, all i need is the outline.

-clings- thankyou. in return, i'll drop you a coloured template or two, extranious from this one-- email me bout it? <33
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Which one? *so lost* x.x; Yalde'rer x Cerdansamipth?
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DNS »

Yep. ^^ The only one for the BSW. The other link is a flight, who still needs a chaser, I think. I'm in no hurry to fill it, though.

sorry for confusion.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Oh no problem. <3 *eyes parents* This is gonna be -so fun- to draw. XD

Edit: Which of the two shapes should I use for Cerdansamipth's ... er ... genetic donation? XD
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

Gorgeous colours and patterns, Nessie! ^_^ I enjoy the cat-y patterns of 'em!
Fuzzy
Dragon

Post by Fuzzy »

My gods, Nessness. You outdid yourself on this. 0_0 [applaud... gawk.... stare]

:shock:
<a href="http://oacmagicisle.co.cc/">The OAC!</a>

(Bonding urls pending due to geocities crash... )
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

uny, Cerdan's a shapeshifter - that may be in his genes... I don't know how that would complicate what gets done, though. I didn't put the two images together as an animated one, because they don't really 'line up' - but those two are both 'typical' for him.. yeah I know that didn't help at all lol.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*snrk!* Even more fun. I wonder if Nessie would be up for an alterable outline with different wings. X3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by DNS »

-glees- thank you, dray and fuzzy. :3 i aim for improving. yay.

Uny- that'd be interesting to try. I was htining of doing something like that, but decided i wouldn't for time's sake if i were to draw the outline. You'll be drawing it, though, so it'll be no big deal, though. -thinks-

How would you be thinking of doing it? Two different outlines, or like.. including a different back/wing outline that i could just put above the other one, after removing the otherone. Cuz I could put the dragony wings and affected parts on one layer, and then have the featherwings on another layer, or something.. iunno. Did you have any ideas bout it?

if it's too much trouble or you have no time, you can just do one of the two wing-forms, and i'll note what's changed in the abilities section.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

I would do one outline, and then some extra wings to add on. Less shading and coloring for you. ^.~ (Heh, less drawing for me too, I guess. XD) Unless you'd rather have two different outlines? I could totally do either, actually, since the semester is winding down (raquetball and karate are all over but the final written exam, which is a sinch, so I won't have -any- classes on mon/wed after next week = more time to draw! 8D)

Anyway, yeah. Default is the single outline wing-addition thing. What'cha think?
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Astra »

Oh wow, those are lovely. I really ought to start doing candidates again <3
ImageImageImage
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

-hugs astra- thanks. :3 I'll always welcome your peeps. ^^

Uny- That sounds good. XP That's what i was thinking-- just make it so it's easy to graft the second pair of wings over the first? which basically comes down to drawing/scanning them in to the same preportion or something. ^^ whatever works.
one outline with the extra wings seperate sounds good.

General update: I updated the candidate rules and form of my webbie. not flight, though,.