Mirus One Year Anniversary Celebratory Something

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

XD Agreed. Fastest way to kill a thread, man.
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

To be honest I never really "got" web-based role playing. I would be willing to try but there always seem to be so many weird rules (don't post before so-and-so, don't post about such-and-such character, etc) that I usually run away screaming whenever the subject of RP on a message board comes up. However, as I said, that dun mean I can't try XD
ImageImageImage
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

It pretty much comes down to common courtesy, rather then any super-strict death-beams. XD You usually wait your turn to post so that you don't skip ahead the action when somebody else is away, and you don't post for other characters because you might make big mistakes; it's all a golden-rule concept.
Tends to go out the window when nobody's posting anything for long periods of time, though. 9.9''
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

"These days" (ie: the days of functional forum based communication) it's much easier to do RP online - you can always QUOTE what you're referring to from someone's post, whereas in many email based ones they just fall apart in the sending order. Someone's post might not make it through on time, someone else decides to respond and take things too far in another. But in a threaded version it is much easier. (And yes, I remember standing like a cat over bathwater about forum-based stuff, but I do recall *they sucked* before just a couple years ago. Paid forums like ours are also *much* nicer than freebies which have too many ads and whatnot on em. It makes the whole ordeal of posting much easier.)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Eh, the only public online roleplay I do/used to do are hatchings, which are pretty every-plottish, and the action can go on so long as there's something for your character to respond to-- i.e, the host keeps posting. otherwise, it's pretty much independant. >.> which is good for me becuase hwat I suck at is social interaction. But many-people roleplay is something i've never really gotten online, when you have an actual plot going~ hee.

but eh, no one wait on me if it comes down to it? I'll keep my characters as independant as possible, to avoid holding up the thread. ._o
Carodos
Dragon

Post by Carodos »

It's not all that hard actually. Once you get into the flow it goes rather fast. Me and Reno used to run six different RPs at the same time. THAT is confusing.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

x_X you people haven't done nothin' till you've played twenty-plus dragon-chilluns at once.

I... XD Am so fucking glad I don't do THOSE anymore.
Image Image Image Image
Carodos
Dragon

Post by Carodos »

Actually... that sounds FUN.
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

<.> Fun. Yeah. Of course.

Those nights, I swear, brain-splodey. XD It's a good thing to have done, but dear gods, never again.
Image Image Image Image
Carodos
Dragon

Post by Carodos »

*absorbed by the idea and deep in thought*
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

I did a hatching once, playing a large quantity of hatchlings all at once... Definite brain-asplode!

But... yeah, I'm thinking definitely going with a roleplay hatching AND a synth, to cater for all tastes.

Draaaay... might you happen to have a female Makanan I can borrow? For a nice wintery looking clutch, I'm taking your suggestion... I'm thinking Mehari Syaess (http://shiolar.merseine.nu/mirus/mehari.htm) for the father, unless someone has a better suggestion?

And I also need some draconic volunteers for a synth-style clutch. Link me to your interesting dragons!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Gah, I have two to pick from, but LMFAO has been down since yesterday night (dear lord, I hope it's not down permanently--I haven't yet burned all of my shnit from there, and there is a /lot/ to be saved!)

Once things are up and running again, I'll try to have one of my two in for you. (I'd suggest reading the personalities and appearance descs, by the way, as each girl is a little different in 'real life' then the image that JKat gave out, as I am an ass like that and like to individualize images that come wholesale. XD)

Speaking of Avens: Kat, I remember sending in a clump of people to you more then half a year ago. o_O Did you forget about them completely, or are you secretly expecting me to do something with them that I'm completely unaware of?
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

Heee~ Interesting dragons?

http://www.geocities.com/public_mindspa ... ember.html
December, for glowies~ She preffers female mates, so synth is good~

http://www.geocities.com/public_mindspa ... lacia.html WINGS. GLOWIES. PURPLE. <3

http://www.geocities.com/public_mindspa ... horen.html
another glowy~ <3 and the father of the above two. Actually, he only fathered glacia... sort of. she was a synth baby. So was December, but december is a clone with some modified/changed around genetics. pretty much. <3 whee~

And i'd have a few more to toss ot you, but they aren't paged adn i dun have timet o look. <3 INTERESTING.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Yes yes... I did noticed all your Avens have different physical descriptions. :) I'll take a read through them both once LMFAO is back up again.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Cool, glowies.
Wouldn't be able to use all three, since they're so closely related, mind... I'll go about as closely related as cousins, as far as inbreeding goes, and only then rarely.
But still. GLOWIES!

And some veeeeeeeeery cool looking ones from Shard, too, including one of Luera's babies! Legs! Wings!
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP I was assuming you'd only use one, unless you were gonna do more than one clutch. I use these guys for everything~ -coos at them- but yes.

GLOWIES FOR ALLLL!!!!!

I think i have an obsession. :o
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yup I thought you might like that one - introducing dual gender and all that too. And Kegawath *does glow* too :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

XP I noticed that myself~ THE GLOWY GREEN RINGS are teh awesome.
//hyper.
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

It's rather tempting to go glowy-multi-limbed-with-glowy-things... Or something equally as insane.

These are gonna be interesting dragons, aren't they?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol - if we get a kooshdragon in there, you could just do a picture of a glowing cotton ball... with wings... :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Weeeeeell... I do have a kooshdragon myself. Could toss Antonoch in there...
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Someone say glowy?

Well, okay, they don't have neat gloworm dangles (which are freakin' awesome if I may say so), but they do have that shiny factor. Shiny is good too. *chuckles*

http://geocities.com/sunrise_twilight/k ... yadris.htm
http://geocities.com/sunrise_twilight/k ... everie.htm
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

..O___O ALL TEH GLOWY IS MAKING ME A HAPPY BEAST.

-steals that second one and attempts to shove it into her shirt- GLOOOOOOOOWWWWWY
Indigo
Fledgling

Post by Indigo »

Ooooo, glowy. *stares at all the glowy dragons* hypnotizing!

Through my two-cents a little late but here it is - I love online RPing, I am/was involved in a really well originized one. The only thing is I have like thirteen characters there, keep things straight got confusing! Heh. I do love RPing, it's just my timezone gets in the way so often.
=-Lylan Keep-=
Boreal Visions ~ DeviantArt
"The artist must create a spark before he can make a fire and before art is born, the artist must be ready to be consumed by the fire of his own creation." - Auguste Rodin
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

That lightning mane of Rain's might make it a bit uncomfortable in there, Ness. *chuckles* Tingly at best.

Though the mental image of a glowing lump under your shirt is quite amusing. ^^
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

;3; THE GLOWING IS WORTH THE PAIN.

>.> I really would try to shove something like that under my shirt. and then have to go to the hospital. ;-; i rock.

((PS, at some point if no one else does, can I use that dragon in one of my clutches? >.> not for awhile yet, but still. GLOWY OUCHINESS!))
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

Getting fried by sticking a dragon under your shirt would be the best reason to be hospitalized ever. Though for Rain, I imagine it's like touching a fancy jellyfish. You know it hurts, but it's just so pretty...

Oh, and I'd be happy to let Rain fly for Mindspace! Just let me know in advance, and I'll try and help you out in finding suitable shiny males until then. ^^
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Hey Dray, is LMFAO back up, yet? Wanna get this moving, if I can...

And anybody else got any interesting / weird dragons to submit for the synth-style clutch?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »