VotS Species Conservation Project: 11-13 - Gen02a Pickup!

Need risers and/or chasers? Advertise here.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hey I recognize that art style, though I can't remember the name of the girl who drew it ... she used to have a little mouse on her avatar *scratches head* I haven't seen her around the Nexus in forever. I miss her awesome style, but I wish i could remember her name! :oops:
ImageImageImage
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

That'd be.. Katasev's? :?

I dunno what happened to her, but her dragons are gorgeous.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Ummmmm. Hogod, I can't believe that I've forgotten. XD Started with an 'S', and she did Dunans for a while, too. :O I don't know what happened to her!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yes, it was Katasev's Fukeru Uukure (I've horribly misspelled that), but Ibli is from the exchange and isn't a fedra or dunan.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

Well, technically it's 8am Sunday morning by my timezone. Midnight Saturday over in whatever the timezone on the west coast of the US is called. I'll close it when I get up on Sunday morning.

And I shall let you know, Unyko, what I'd like. *grins*
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*impatient - picks males for the first three* Keep sending participants though! Males, females, anything. <3 I'll have the previews up for each of the three clutches very soon. X3 *salute!*

And Shio: Yay! ^.^
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Myrror »

From what I can see of mine, I don't think I personally have any dragons (except for one or two butterfly-winged whorlings that are both female), however, I *know* I've sent some out.

Too bad I can't go searching and enter those I've drawn that belong to someone else ^.^
ImageImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well there is little teeny Flutesong (female whorling)
http://geocities.com/otherforest_elves/ ... rtree2.htm

I have a weezle with dinky wing nubs, but I haven't put them up yet. :/ Myr you sent Dev a butterfly winged whorling for his b-day image.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

Well, if they don't have to be dragons...snakey random whorlings are kinda close ^.^

And well, it's still Dev's, it's not mine. Otherwise I'd be going through Phe's and DF's pages finding those whorlings. ^.^;;;;;;;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

lol technically I don't think Dev every actually *got* the image, just the bday gift for him.... :) lolz!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Yeah, I don't think that he gets the dragon-adoption thing, or rather, he's not as in to it as we are. X3 You could probably use it.
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

It's still not right. I'd have to put in on a page, and techically, for me to do that, I'd have to take it back.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well since it *is* (technically, with about 150+ others) hosted on MY site, can I give you permission lol!! :D

... and roffle! - can you imagine, what we'd do with that image, and all those dragons, if they bred while he was out? :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I'm still a bit wary about it...
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

*thinks Myrror should make up another random batch of the same kind, and then just keep one for herself* X3
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I usually do that if I have a bunch of randoms, and not many people to give them to. ^.^;
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

*hums innocently and uploads teasers of the first generation, a, b and c* X3

Gen 01a:

Gen 01b:

Gen 01c:

These guys will be available very shortly, but there are very few of them. ^.^; I need to contact the owners of the parents for their color choices, but then I'll open up to the general public. There are also smallish, colored previews on the clutches page (http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... clutch.htm) if you wanna check 'em out. ^.~
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Cacopheny »

How are you going to run these? First come, first serve? Random draw? Application?
The stupidest smart person you ever met.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

I hadn't actually decided yet. ^.^;; Probably random draw or application. I've missed out on many a first come first serve event, so I don't usually run anything that way. What do you think?

And that goes to anyone who reads this.. should I do a quick giveaway random draw, or effort-based (and biased) adoption?
Image... Image ... Image

Post by JKatkina »

Well, I personally dislike draws 'cause I never, never win 'em, so I guess it'd be the second. :3
Image Image Image Image
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Um... if it's application based, could you put the limit of applications you're going to take upfront, or if it's open-ended, could you just give 'em out based on how you like the stats/story/poetry/whatevertheheck you're going to take? I don't mind draws, but everybody here is big on... wanting equality of what they're getting, I guess. XD But still with competition...? I don't know. The good old fashioned way seems the most convenient to me.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

mah, mah~ I'll sit this one out, i think. no luck with draws, but for that one astra had recently and the escentas one, and it'll give other people a chance. whatsmore, no time and no skill to write a good application. ^^ next time around.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

Random draw-- but weighted, maybe? I'm not so big on application... I'm tired of intimidating people, not to mention then I won't have to write >.>

But to make sure a variety of people get one, like, you can't apply a second time until, say, all the "regulars" get one? Like, get applications from everyone who wants in, and then random-draw from that sample pool until you're out (however many generations that takes), and only then open applications again.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

I'm going to start sending out the offspring in a little bit, so what will happen is sort of a mix between a random draw and an application-type thing. ^.^; Since I got such mixed reviewes. I'll put up the available dragons shortly, and you can send in a form. Everyone will get a variable number 'tickets' for the ammount of effort put in. It's sorta raffle-like in that respect.

Basic form (name and email) will earn you one ticket.
Simple stats of someone to take in said dragon, and/or a paragraph-long setting where it will move into once it's yours will earn you two tickets.
More detailed stats and/or story will earn you three tickets.

So you figure, you have a chance of winning with just signing up for the draw, but the more you invest in this, the better your chances. Also, you -can- reuse already made characters, and sponsor or bonding is your choice. Genesis would have fiddled with these guys' genes enough that if bonding was necessary it no longer is. *salute*

So yeah, watch this spot. ^.^; *sets up for giveaway, and will likely open in an hour or so*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Unyko »

Sorry, a little longer than an hour there. ^.^;;;

First of all, I'm gonna let you see the babies. X3 Because if you win, I wanna give you one you'll actually like. ^.^;;

Gen 01a:
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01a/03.gif
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01a/04.gif
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01a/05.gif

Gen 01b:
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01b/03.gif
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01b/04.gif
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01b/05.gif

Gen 01c:
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01c/04.gif
http://unykness.pegaruny.com/Lliyani/Sa ... 01c/05.gif

And once you've looked 'em over, here's the form. Fill out whatever you want, but remember the way this draw will be run. Applications will close on the 15th, at which point dragons will be sent out, with stats. If there are less than 8 applicants by then, I may either keep the unclaimed, or give a couple people more than one. *salute*

Name:
Email:
Stat page: (optional)
Story page: (optional)
Preference: (list dragons in order of preference.. ie: 01a-3, 01c-2, etc...)
Comments? (*srug?* ^.^; )

Oh.. JKat, Kit and Shard: Could you guys give me at least genders for your dragons? Names/urls would be good too, but.. yeah. At least genders. <3 ^.^; *trying to fix up records!*
Last edited by Unyko on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Kitsuneko »

Gosh, I love both those clutch 1 and 3 dragons. So...long, and snaky, and the WINGS! *blink*

Name: Kitsuneko
Email: silver_storyteller@yahoo.com
Stat page: http://www.geocities.com/darklingdawnpe ... lluyi.html
Story page: No...far too distracted lately for that. ^^;
Preference: From either clutch 1 or 3; first image preferred for both.
Comments?

Also, my dragon from clutch 2 is male. ^^
Darkling Dawn: Fauna Frenzy Open to candidates; flights open to males/females; rukel eggs/breedings available.
Drockh-Tallahn Castle: 3 eggs, 2 available. Females and males needed.
Sgiath Wolfkeep: 7 pups available
Sedona Weyr: 12 eggs, Deadline March 8. Chasers and a female needed.
Cacopheny
Dragon

Post by Cacopheny »

:: laughs :: Less than three applications? Do you really think that'll happen? XD

Name: CacophenyAngel
Email: cacopheny @ gmail . com
Stat page: http://cacopheny.lmfao.org.uk/aven/SCD/lyric.htm
Story page: Possibly later....
Preference: 01c-04, 01a-03, 01b-05, 01c-05, 01b-03 (well, I like a lot of them.... XD )
Comments? Story may come at a later date... right now my hands hurt.
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Kit: Thankee! ^.^ And yeah, seriously. @.@ The wings for 01c especially drove me to distraction. XD *had to draw and ink them in three seperate layers, not to mention the -coloring-!*

Caco: XD Eight applications, and you never know! Not that many people seemed interested in this thing. *shrug!* ^.~

You know, it ocurred to me.. the only sure way of getting a bebby from this thing is to own one of the parents. XD *lures participants*
Image... Image ... Image

Post by jess d »

Hehehe, these are pretty! I gotta try at least XD

Name: Jess D
Email: jld77084@yahoo.com
Stat page: (optional)
Story page: (optional)
Preference: 01a-05, 01a-04, 01b-04
Comments? they're all lovely; it's very hard to choose!
Myrror
Ancient Dragon

Post by Myrror »

I am interested, but I really don't have anything that fits, and I usually have bad luck at draws.

Still love Uny-art, though.