Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Bump.

Update! See the top post!
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
Graeth
Dragon
Location: Burninating all the peasants who live in thatchedROOF COTTAGES!!

Post by Graeth »

Ubermessy handwriting? Then wtf is mine? Ancient Potuguese encoded through an enigma variation? You don't know what messy handwriting is.
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

<3 They are absolutely adorable, starburst. -grabbypaws- ;-; will they be bondonlys or sponsers? and argh, nessie can't wait to get her paws on them. ^^
Shiolar
Dragon

Post by Shiolar »

You have lovely, understandable writing, Starburst. And also cool looking dragons. :)
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

Eeee! Cool! How do we get one?!
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Wow, so many positive comments!

I'll keep you guys posted. Once I finish computerizing the image, I'll give you guys some more info on getting one! ^___^
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Offhand question... The direction of the swirl... does the marking appear only on one side of their body or is it also on the other (in which case ... it'd be backwards?). :)

They're neat - and you're not messy!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

The birth-marking appears on both sides; it looks the same on both, not backwards on the side opposite of what you're seeing. ^^

(That confused me for a minute.)
Molly
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Update! There's a picture now! See first post!
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Squeeeeee!

Adorable as always! :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

niiice. particularly the texture. ;-; how did you isolate the lineart? and ;-; she'sawesome! Nessie want pretty rainbows.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

Another update, folks!

I've decided that instead of doing metallic colours (apologies to those who were looking forward to gold, silver, and bronze Iorans) that I will change the colour scheme a bit. The colours of Ioran dragons now are:

* Red
* Orange
* Yellow
* Green
* Blue
* Violet
* Pink
* Rainbow (Really rare but fun fun fun.)
* Shades (Iorans without real colour - they can be black, white, or gray. Whites are the most common shade, followed by grays and blacks. Grays and blacks are considered mutations.)

Any colour can be dark, light, neon-bright, or in between. This way, no two Iorans will be alike! (I had planned it that way before, but now I don't have to do metallics. w00t.)

Any colour can still be ranking, too. To explain further, those who write stories about their dragons as they grow will have a better chance of having a Ranking Ioran. Dragons who display moral qualities, good leadership skills, maturity, and/or wisdom - take your pick or use 'em all - will probably become Rankings. Stories are required for ranking Iorans! And remember, Rankings can receive up to 10 pieces of jewellery. ^^ You know you waaaant them...

Something I forgot to mention is that one character can bond up to five Iorans, all at once or in parts. This is good, because Iorans can have huge litters (they are live-born) and many more dragons are often present than candidates. They normally bond at birth, although the odd few will choose to go alone. Another thing I forgot is that all Iorans take a last name, beginning with the letter 'I'. Iorans with known parents take their mother's last name; wilds make up a name for themselves.

Iorans do not mate for life. Mate-Choosings happen when a series of males take to the skies to attempt to impress their chosen female with a series of loops, aerial stunts, as well as demonstrations of speed and smooth flight. The female watches, and when she is ready mates with the one she has Chosen. Iorans are very non-violent dragons and this is their traditional way of choosing a mate.

I'm planning a giveaway of a wild batch of Iorans, too! Watch the giveaways forum. ^^ *runs off*
Molly
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Woo - ideal for more Dragon Masters of Zekira... :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
DNS
Ancient Dragon

Post by DNS »

yay! Nessie will watch this much. ^^
theuy're lovely, starburst.
<3 can they be sponsored.
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

They can be sponsored, but an Ioran going alone at birth is rare. They usually bond, unless they're wild, in which case they will probably bond later in life. ^^
Molly