Is any one here on Steam?

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Shard
Great Wyrm

Is any one here on Steam?

Post by Shard »

And playing any of the cool games? Like... I dunno, Left 4 Dead? I just got it and have gone through the singleplayer maps (on easy lol). I just now tried my first 'survival' and got kicked from the team within like 15 seconds of arrival. I don't really want my experiences to suck THAT badly in the future :(

And why is it more than half my Steam friends are on the European continent? lol well at least late at night I've got people to play with...
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

I have Steam, but I'm waiting on some of the cool games to be ported over to Mac. Of course, I'm really far behind the gaming curve; I still haven't played Portal despite it sitting there in my downloads folder, beckoning me with false promises of cake and lifelong companion cubes.
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

My fiance has Steam, and, I'm pretty sure, Left 4 Dead as well.

>.> I'm terrible at FPS, but I can install the game on my gaming comp and gimp along next to you, if you'd like.
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

I'm on Steam, all single-player games though. I do have L4D cuz a friend wanted to play it with me, but ultimately it showed pure shooters are not my kind of game. :P

For example I'm all BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2, lately.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

hehehe Well that's two gimps and one maybe :)

You really should play Portal Keilin... really really. Really. And half life 2 if you haven't already. Besides how else are people going to understand my "clone girls" pages!?

I agree with yah on this: " but ultimately it showed pure shooters are not my kind of game" ... I think it more has to do with how people behave online than how the game itself works. I actually LOVE playing it single player, but... ugh the people.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

MASS EFFECT 2 YEAAAAAAH~! I want a screen-cap of your Shep, Phe! 8D

As for Left 4 Dead, we don't have it yet, though I've played it a couple of times... I have a feeling that you guys are talking about computer games and I don't know if xbox live meshes well with that. >_> If we could hang out with you guys, though, it might be a reason to set it up!
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Xenoqueen wrote:For example I'm all BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2, lately.
I am so in love with the Mass Effect games. So in love. :D You have an Aki Shep, right? I'm playing through with (duh) Kay. :D
Image Image Image Image
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

You're talking about L4D one, right? Cause Joe has L4D and L4D2. And Team Fortress classic and Team Fortress 2, and Warhammer 40k (and most of the expansions), and ALL the Half-lifes and Half-life variants, and Counter-Strike, and... a lot of random things.

If you can tell, Joe's the real comp gamer in the house =P (Luckily, he doesn't mind me playing on his account)
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Hehehe :)

Yeah unfortunately Steam and XBL don't mix, which sucks, because I know equal numbers of people I *HAVE* been gaming with for years from City of Heroes who have l4d among other things on Xbox. :/ boo! I am a PC only kinda girl.

I prefer L4d to Team fortress 2, I think because I like the more gritty realistic stuff better than the cartoony stuff. I've watched a few matches in tf2 and they're so speedy.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

The team fortress matches are extremely fast, especially if you're playing on the base servers. I know some of the longest games were like.. ten minutes long? Mebbe around that.

Currently installing L4D. 10% finished.

Oh, right =P Since I'm pretty sure you'd like to know, the account is lordofhyphens
Xenoqueen
Great Wyrm

Post by Xenoqueen »

Dray wrote:MASS EFFECT 2 YEAAAAAAH~! I want a screen-cap of your Shep, Phe! 8D
JKatkina wrote:I am so in love with the Mass Effect games. So in love. :D You have an Aki Shep, right? I'm playing through with (duh) Kay. :D
Haha, I'm as predictable as ever! My Shep is Kai. I also have a side male Shep, Jay, because Tali is ADORABLE and I wanted to hook her up with someone, but Kai is my primary import from ME1 and DAMN I can't wait to import her into ME3. 8D She's a Paragon/Renegade mix, depending on who she has to deal with. My male is pure Paragon and quite boring as a result, but hey. ;)

Back on the general Steam/L4D, well, if everyone else is as gimped as I would be, maybe it would be fun after all. XD Account is TheXenoqueen, imagine that!
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

hehehehe :)

God yeah it took over 16 hours total to download the three things I bought over the week when it was cheap (33 bucks for l4d, l4d2 and Day of Defeat which I bought exclusively for garry's mod use) because my net is still stolen unsecured wireless ... o.o

I'm Zekiran on steam, so... yay!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I figured that was you.

"Zekiran has added you as a friend"

WELL GEE, who do I know who uses the word Zekiran... =P

And, for the record, yes, my Nexus profile pic and Joe's steam account pic are both face-portraits from the same game, EVE.

And, Phe? >_> this would be my first time playing L4D. If I live three seconds I will be praising da great lord =P
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

When in doubt, CLICK. LOL hell even right-clicking works because that's your PUNCH THE STUFF IN FRONT OF YOU button, where left is your gun. :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Xenoqueen wrote: Haha, I'm as predictable as ever! My Shep is Kai. I also have a side male Shep, Jay, because Tali is ADORABLE and I wanted to hook her up with someone, but Kai is my primary import from ME1 and DAMN I can't wait to import her into ME3. 8D She's a Paragon/Renegade mix, depending on who she has to deal with. My male is pure Paragon and quite boring as a result, but hey. ;)
Bawahaha! My Shep is called Kay, and she is also Paragon/Renegade mix. XD They would so get along and high-five and all that.

You know, I wanted to romance Tali too. :c I wasn't really upset that she wasn't a female romance option until I discovered that they had (AGAAAIN Bioware WTF!) recorded the female romance dialogue and everything and THEN edited it back out. :| I guess it makes sense, though. >__> Kay is staying faithful to her ME1 romance. (Oh Liara. Everyone hates you but me.)

And Terry is playing an Agate Shep who romanced Ash. XD He's a huge bastard.
Image Image Image Image
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

"And Terry is playing an Agate Shep who romanced Ash. XD He's a huge bastard."

lol why does this not surprise me?

I haven't played ME, if I had plenty more money I'd get it. I should probably have gotten it while it was on sale too.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

*jabs L4D to download faster* 32% finished.

I don't have/haven't played any of the ME games. I've mostly contented myself recently with The Last Remnant, Torchlight, Fate, KOTOR2, DA:O, Divinity 2, and, as of earlier tonight, Septerra Core.
Keilin Alyr
Dragon

Post by Keilin Alyr »

If it ever comes up, my Steam account is KittZehn. Yes, it's my old EVE main, yes, I expect this to someday bite me in the ass when my old EVE buddies find out what their old batshit-insane suicidal scout/pirate tackler's actual hobbies are.

"Why, yes, I enjoy writing happy stories and collecting pretty dragon pictures and drawing up convoluted character profiles when I'm pretending to be writing. Would you like a cookie? I made it myself. ^_^ <3<3"

I tend to be on the insane/random side of the multiplayer spectrum when I'm not too self-conscious terrified to even show my face in public. I don't think I'd be of much help to you guys. *chuckles*
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

*peeks in for the first time in ages* O.O STEAM PLAYERS! *adds names like crazy* Um... for those who haven't figured it out yet, I'm under my email address on Steam. Should figure out how to change that. Mystic_dragon84.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Shard wrote:"And Terry is playing an Agate Shep who romanced Ash. XD He's a huge bastard."

lol why does this not surprise me?

I haven't played ME, if I had plenty more money I'd get it. I should probably have gotten it while it was on sale too.
My Agate!Shep on ME1 looked like a weird Asian dude who bleached his hair and had been punched in the nose. Trying to fix his face on ME2 yielded something eerily like Helo from BSG, only with pretty-boy hair and blue eyes. D: Which promptly became devilish, glowing red eyes of doom. I wasted so much time hunting for platinum resources to build the damned med-bay to get his scars fixed. He's so vain that he'd do that even in the middle of an important mission. >_>" His universe is pretty much screwed!

ME2 Makes me go on at length. XD I'm making a faux comic cover with our Sheps on it because I'm such a huge dork for that game right now. (The only RP I can find based around it is obsessed 14-year-old boys who fap over guns and tech. *weep*)

Ha ha check out my derpy WIP. XD
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

^_^ HI MYSTIC!

When it finally finishes, I'll be able to play =P But I'm not sure how many of you will still be on at that point. I can stay up however late (until I fall asleep), butyeh. And it's at 50%. Because it's huge. Grawr.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well, once everyone has steam IDs traded, hell we can make our own Nexus steam group... :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

I can see it now...

Joe: "Nexus? Uh-what?"

Me: "Yeah, y'know the crazy girls I hang with. I play L4D and stuff with them."

Joe: "0_o;; You don't like those games!!"

Me: ">.>;; We're all gimps together? And besides, they're my insane girlfriends."

Joe: ".........."

Me: "We talk the kinky talk!"

Joe: "I'm going over there."
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

HAHAHAHAH!

hehe. Yeah the grrls invade steam! Heck I wonder if my friend Gorpie would like to be part of our group, though I don't think she has any interest in dragons ;)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Joe says, if I start playing L4D to the point where he can't do anything on Steam, I get to get my own account =P

Fwweeee.

In any case, totally awesome game when played with friends =P Even if we did die right before the chopper took off. Silly clipping+Zombie hordes..
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It was the awesome :)

BOOMER!

b'blam!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

I admit having to google what Steam was ... but Whoa, that sounds cool! I just got a new laptop with a bitchin' graphics card, so I might have to look into this. I'm not much of a serious gamer, though. Recently I've become re-obsessed with Heroes of Might and Magic V ... anyone else play that game, or any of the earlier Heroes games? I'm just a little bit obsessed with them to the extent that I'm scared to try other turn-based strategy games because they might not be as awesome :lol:
ImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

I never got into heroes except to use the map editor ;) On the other hand, I played the Might and Magic games and still have most of em on my older computer. Heck I just found my MM7 install disk. It's not going to work on XP, but hey. :)

And yeah Steam is great. I didn't used to like it, when I first got Portal it was kind of wonky, but that turned out to be my router, not Steam. They have sales all the time, promotions and stuff, plus a forum with all the games they carry.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
JKatkina
Ancient Dragon

Post by JKatkina »

Astra wrote:I admit having to google what Steam was ... but Whoa, that sounds cool! I just got a new laptop with a bitchin' graphics card, so I might have to look into this. I'm not much of a serious gamer, though. Recently I've become re-obsessed with Heroes of Might and Magic V ... anyone else play that game, or any of the earlier Heroes games? I'm just a little bit obsessed with them to the extent that I'm scared to try other turn-based strategy games because they might not be as awesome :lol:
YES. Oh my god, since HoMM3 I've been hooked. But now I'm on a mac, and am student-poor... I weep. I can only ever play Heroes on my rare visits to my dad's house. :( I miss it!

I even got Dray hooked. XD Maaaan, good times.
Image Image Image Image
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Hehe I started with Heroes 3 as well, although I also played Heroes 2 for a long time because my friend got Heroes 3 and gave me her old Heroes 2 game before I saved up enough money to buy my own Heroes 3.

I have a mac too, but I set up a Windows partition using boot camp for the sole purpose of playing Heroes 5, because I am a sad, sad individual. But I bought the machine for the purpose of creating computer animation for school, and I couldn't just let that lovely graphics card not be used for gaming :lol:

EDIT

If you want to play Heroes 3 and can somehow get a copy of Windows XP for cheap (coughpiracycough), there's this amazing program called VirtualBox which is free and lets you set up virtual machines without having to taint your precious mac hardware with the evil Windows ... the graphics capabilities aren't great which is why I eventually caved and set up a partition, but I've played Heroes 3 on a mac in VirtualBox and it works great.

But I should probably shut up and stop nerdgasming now :P
ImageImageImage