Interest?

Got an idea? Share it here!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard

Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Interest?

Post by Starburst »

I had a brainwave yesterday and drew this up:

This is a shimen - a canine-like species that is native to Iolana. It is one of their most feared predators, with venomous fangs and sharp spines which it uses to tear its prey. It will eat any kind of animal, including humans.

In one part of Iolana, known as Eclipse Dragonry (an in-mind dark agency of mine), they keep the shimen as pets.

To be domesticated, they must bond at birth. Otherwise they become wild, and vicious. Tame shimen will stop at nothing to defend their bonds, the only other thing they fear is dragons - they can bond to dragons too, though this is rare.

My question: is there any interest in this dark agency, shimen adoptions, etc.? Feedback will be appreciated.

Eclipse would be the dark counterpart to Starburst, similar to the contrast between DF's Sanctuary and Citadel; with hydras and other dark dragons inhabiting it.
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry
DragonFlight
Dragon

Post by DragonFlight »

~Thumbs up~ b^.^d Awesome.
Database Being Revamped

'Epic' is most concisely defined as something that, were you to do it in view of a person in real life, they'd pretty much have to sleep with you immediately to maintain order in the universe.
I sneezed. It seems to have reshaped reality. My bad.
Mystic Dragon
Great Wyrm

Post by Mystic Dragon »

I need to get the Hydra realm in action so that Krent can start forming allegiances. >:D

... And I need to do up more dark candidates.
https://renaissancebookpress.com/2017/0 ... tlin-caul/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Can they be grouped together? They remind me of my Zekiran 'Hern Rats' which are quite large and serve about the same purpose. :) Mine pack together though. That'd be neat to have .... oooh... that'd be neat to have pit fights between em lol! just kiddin... :D

But yes, that sounds like a great idea.

I think I need to make a 'bad person' generator....
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Starburst
Ancient Dragon

Post by Starburst »

In the wild they pack together, but when tamed they would rather not mess with other shimen.

However, breeding usually does occur in the early spring, and it's hell for their owners because the "call of the wild" will cause these guys to go nutty and bust out of their houses to find a worthy female.

Females give live birth to 2-5 puppies in one birth, at birth they have no spines for obvious reasons. :shock:
Molly
Meridian Weyr | Caer Nova | Perigee Castle | Starfall Dragonry