Webcomic Operational!

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Webcomic Operational!

Post by Dev »

HA!... Only been a few years but hey! Got my website online and comic! Still some tinkering to undertake, but oh well. http://www.deviant-uprising.com

Now to collapse from exhaustion.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

*snerk* head, ears, jubblies. :D

Looks very nice! Very clean colors. Sometimes the text is still a little hard to read, but mostly it's clean too. Very good!
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

"Now to go watch our little over priced mining ships go *pewpew* and dig up space rocks!" <-- made me laugh. I know it's not supposed to feel like EVE to me, but some of the dialog reminds me of snarky EVE-related jokes.

In any case, good job, Dev! I really like what I see so far!
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Shard wrote:*snerk* head, ears, jubblies. :D

Looks very nice! Very clean colors. Sometimes the text is still a little hard to read, but mostly it's clean too. Very good!
You read that fast... Curses, takes me 6 hours or so to do a page when rushing yet 20 seconds to read. CURSES!
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

StarFyre wrote:"Now to go watch our little over priced mining ships go *pewpew* and dig up space rocks!" <-- made me laugh. I know it's not supposed to feel like EVE to me, but some of the dialog reminds me of snarky EVE-related jokes.

In any case, good job, Dev! I really like what I see so far!
Thank you for liking a line that wasn't "Jubbles"! :D
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Made me laugh, too! No updates via LJ? :o

I'm having a little trouble determining the order to read a couple of pages (mainly the ones that are taller on the left side with shorter, horizontal panels on the right) but otherwise things are looking very snazzy! :D Keep updating, it will be good to have an archive like this to read back through! (And it took me more than 20 seconds to read everything, I promise! I even oggled some of the linework! :P)
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

Dev wrote:
Thank you for liking a line that wasn't "Jubbles"! :D
Oh, I liked that line too =P But I'm an EVE-Online geek at heart, so spaceship related jokes (especially cracks about mining) will always trump jubbles. Especially when paired with crazy poses and *pewpew* motions.
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Dray wrote:Made me laugh, too! No updates via LJ? :o

I'm having a little trouble determining the order to read a couple of pages (mainly the ones that are taller on the left side with shorter, horizontal panels on the right) but otherwise things are looking very snazzy! :D Keep updating, it will be good to have an archive like this to read back through! (And it took me more than 20 seconds to read everything, I promise! I even oggled some of the linework! :P)
Hey Dray, been forever..

Ya know I forgot all about Live Journal...

And I have learned alot from the first 14 pages I drew (I only updated ten pages so I have some breathing room with updates) Like flow, coloring, character poses, angles, humor, and writing.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Can't wait to see more! How often do you plan on updating, good sir?
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Dray wrote:Can't wait to see more! How often do you plan on updating, good sir?
I don't know... I have no yet decided, If I tried I could do twice a week but once a week is safer. What do you think?
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Maybe just finish one a week, and work on building up a pile of partially done pages so that as the weeks go on you have it a little easier? :3 whatever pace it is that allows you to keep posting, yaknow?
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Dray wrote:Maybe just finish one a week, and work on building up a pile of partially done pages so that as the weeks go on you have it a little easier? :3 whatever pace it is that allows you to keep posting, yaknow?
Yes, yes... So I think Thursday for the time being, Not too many comics update on thursday I think.
Dray
Dracolich

Post by Dray »

Seriously. :3 If you want me to pass word around that you're getting started, I can do some linking and pimping. Glad to see you're back in business!
Dev
Our Favorite Deviant

Post by Dev »

Dray wrote:Seriously. :3 If you want me to pass word around that you're getting started, I can do some linking and pimping. Glad to see you're back in business!
Do it, whore me out. :D Sites online, everythings workin. Pimpin aint easy though.