Showoff + Critique?

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Unyko
Dragon

Showoff + Critique?

Post by Unyko »

I was in desperate need of a distraction last night, and insanely inspired to do any number of things, so I picked up my large sketchbook and had at. I fully intend to color this some day (when I get my computer back?), so it's only a sketch so far. And I'd like critique on it, if anyone is so inclined. ^.^;;

(here's a larger image, for detail/whatever)

(And kudos to anyone that can identify who/what these two are, as I doubt I've ever specifically named them much around here. ^.^;;)

The figure in the middle may or may not change, depending on how I feel about her later. I may replace her with a world and put the dragon in space, for all I know. ^.^; But you can critique her (pose, details, etc..), if you like, too. One thing I'd like to know, though, is if I should keep the dragon's multiple spikes down his neck. >.> He makes a very spiky dragon (really, he makes a very spiky -anything-), but it might not work so well with this particular composition. Feel free to nitpick/redline/whatever should you feel the need. *salute*

...And I guess that's all I got for the moment. Thanks in advance for any comments/critique you may offer. <3
Image... Image ... Image

Post by Dray »

I think it looks great so far. XD The only thing that I would suggest would be to nab some photo reference for your humanoid (snap a quick picture of yourself or a friend in that pose) so that you can see how they'd actually look? X3 The profile of the face of the humanoid looks a little too anime to me to pop; I think that if you gathered some reference to make the nose and lips seem more 'real' then the image would hold more appeal for me...

However, that's just my preference! Otherwise it looks pretty damned wicked -- keep it up! :D
Unyko
Dragon

Post by Unyko »

Yeah, I'm -really- not satisfied with that face. Meh. Never was very good at human faces. Maybe I'll just make her an anthro-unicorn-fairy instead. XD
Image... Image ... Image