I has...

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

I has...

Post by Guest »

A CHRISTMAS TREE!! X3!!!!!

It fills me with EXCESSIVE HAPPY. o_o Considering I don't have a religion, my JOY at Christmas traditions is excessive.

Poor Uny has been hockey-checked with my love while she was unsuspectedly sitting on the couch. *SHIFTY LOOK... COUGH* sorry 'kin...*COUGH*

His name is Ferdinand, and he is made of GORGEOUS!! And ICICLES!! And LIGHTS!! X3 And BOATS!!

wheeee~eeeeeee :D Just wanted to share. <3 I was all worried I wasn't going to have a tree this year, and lo, now I do. ^__^

Joy, I am incarnate. <3
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

o.o

Well when you're done there, please come and hang my ornaments and lights. This darn tree is making my arms ache...

>_> you named your tree?
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

I name /everything/. I have Uny's Dead Animal Collection named as soon as I see something new, and I will refer to it as such until she tells me to stop. >_> They're usually absurd names like Bertrand the possum and James the aligator, but she does now have Felix the dead cat and Raynard the Fox in a Box under Rocks and Clocks, thrown from Docks and covered in Socks (<_< I was /very/ giddy that night. XD).

I would /love/ to decorate your tree, Shard. :D Christmas trees make me SO happy!! X3 <3 I think it's the absurd ornaments mine gets covered in makes me /exceptionally/ giddy. There are no stupid round balls on mine. Just /weird/ junk I've collected over the years.

It speaks to my inner magpie. :D
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Heheheh!

This year I've got only white lights on my tree, I usually have some white, some blue, an orange strand, and some multicolors, but I decided white only. Because then, I'd been shopping over the last couple years at craft shops and Pier 1 with sales, and gotten ahold of some nice colorful round cat toys... er, ornaments. So I'm gonna have a rainbow when I'm done, hopefully. Also my little Hallmark collectable "kittens" (I've got like 7 of the 10 now), as well as my death star, egg penguins and the like.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com

Post by Guest »

Death Star! *SQUEE!* X3

I was looking for my tree stand tonight and came across my missing X-Wing saga books. :D I am a VERY happy Lilu! X3 I will have to finish reading DEATH TO VAMPIRES so I can go back to reading silly Official Fanfic. :D

I am also immensely amused that I realized /after/ the tree was all set up that it's /quite/ crooked. So it looks like Ferdinand is peeeeking sheepishly from behind the glass-and-air coffee table. Like he's hiding or something. X3

I am disinclined to like the cat toys... I mean balls... because my mom always used to have like NINE MILLION and we'd never have room for the AWESOME ornaments. Like the strange birdfeeder for no good reason or the sixty MILLION hand-made plushies from the seventies. :D Suffice to say, my tree is now full of win. XD And plushies. And crazy old lady crocheted snowflakes. o_o; Thanks, nana?
Midori
Dragon

Post by Midori »

Home made and more intresting looking things are better then having a million generic looking chrismas ornaments on a tree.

We have a bunch of these cool wood ones my mom made when she was my age. We have a glass horse shaped one, but saddly no tree this year our house is just not in the mood of a tree. But I hope everyone that has one this year enjoys it!
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

My house has no room or money for a christmas tree this year (especially since we'd need to buy ornaments).

But we did name our pumpkins at halloween (Alfredo and Fonzi).
ImageImageImageImage
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Well since there are folks who don't have a tree this year, I decided to share. :)

This is my tree!

I hope it works, I don't recognize the extention .flv, it was a wmv. :)
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Kendarath
Dragon

Post by Kendarath »

Ooooh. Thank you for the tree, Shard. :D

My mum suggested that we paint a tree on one of our windows. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Yakima
Ancient Dragon

Post by Yakima »

pretty tree, shard. I have a two ft tall one in our living room downstairs. For some reason (me thinking money reasons) we don't have our big one...yet. I have a feeling we won't be getting one this year. I might suggest bringing mine upstairs for christmas or something, if all else fails. :P
~ Weyrwoman Yakima of Isla Weyr

Isla Weyr: http://www.isla.mage-circle.com
Velare Isle: http://www.velare.mage-circle.com
Treval Dragonry: http://www.treval.mage-circle.com
Alair WolfKeep
The Last Oddessy: http://www.last-oddessy.mage-circle.com
Baskar Castle: http://www.baskar.mage-circle.com
World of Sentra: http://www.sentra.mage-circle.com

Post by Guest »

Shard, you entertain me. :D *enjoys that movie*

I was going to offer anyone to share my tree that wanted it, but um, I don't have an awesome video camera, so... you can share the sentiment of my tree? XD;

I think tiny trees are kind of the best. Either fucking GIANT or reeeeally tiny. :D They're most entertaining.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

This was the biggest small tree I've had in a long time. I actually had to cut about 5" from the top tippy branch, but you can't really tell.

Last year's was about a full foot shorter but it was like very wide around the bottom.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
StarFyre
Ancient Dragon

Post by StarFyre »

The smallest tree I've ever had, which was a live tree potted in a massive pot nearly bigger than it, was about a foot and a half tall, with maybe 30 branches on it total.

We had to go out and buy new ornaments, so we bought these really cute, tiny ornaments and a tiny angel to plunk on top, and wound one string of 25 lights on it and called it done. =P Fastest setup I'VE ever done.
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Let's see... I have ... 2 strings of 50, 1 string of 100, another Ikea string of white lights on the tree itself... Then one string of orange over the window, 2 strings of blue icicle lights and 2 strings (long) of white icicle lights around the room's edge. Oh and a blue string of ikea lights with the orange on the window.

Yeah, I love lights.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com