Wacom probs

For general discussions of any sort that don't fit in the other forums.

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, JKatkina

Quachir
Hatchling

Wacom probs

Post by Quachir »

Hmm, not sure how to address this as I'm not totally sure what's causing this.

Anyway, I just decided to upload the software for my Wacom on my new computer after using it so long on my laptop which pretty much is dead now (it won't go past the loading of the background for some reason).

My problem is that I've used the CD to put the stuff on the computer however it hasn't gone to the defalt settings for the pen, meaning presure sensitive and configured to where you touch down on the tablet is the point on the screen as well.

Now I have some theories on why it's not working but I'm not sure if they're right, the most likely theory is that my new computer works on Vista which is not even listed on the box as I think Vista came out after this tablet was released. The other problem I thought it might be is that my screen is no longer the standard 800X600 or slightly bigger model I've been working with for years it's a 1280X1024 so wide screen rather than the old standard.

I'm not sure what I can do about his as it keeps on saying the driver's not installed or something when I try to mess with the folder for it.

If it helps any the tablet's a Wacom Graphire3 4X5.

I'm so used to using the default modes and having touch sensitive settings that it's driving me crazy not being able to do things like I did months ago and I have a sketch I want to ink and color this weekend (dragon related but not adoption wise).
Fly high and clear skies,
-Weyrwoman Quachir, Sr. Queen Mekoth's rider

SeiryuuWeyr Dragons, Fire Lizards, and Chibi Flits
Turasake Hold Felines and Runnerbeasts

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Check the tablet's website for new drivers for Vista. I suspect that's what the issue is, because, well, Vista doesn't work with crap that came before it. :/
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:Check the tablet's website for new drivers for Vista. I suspect that's what the issue is, because, well, Vista doesn't work with crap that came before it. :/
Thanks Shard, finally decided to take your advice tonight while I had some time of not doing class stuff. I am now back in business for art! *bonces off to do her "Laughing A Bit Too Loud" picture even though she's so tired the screens a bit blurred at the moment*

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:Check the tablet's website for new drivers for Vista. I suspect that's what the issue is, because, well, Vista doesn't work with crap that came before it. :/
Thanks Shard, finally decided to take your advice tonight while I had some time of not doing class stuff. I am now back in business for art! *bonces off to do her "Laughing A Bit Too Loud" picture even though she's so tired the screens a bit blurred at the moment*

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

Yay! I'm glad that helped :D
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Quachir
Hatchling

Post by Quachir »

Shard wrote:Yay! I'm glad that helped :D
Looks like it did post, sorry for the double but it was very helpful since the picture I was really wanted to do is now up on DA

Now hopefully this doesn't double post.

Reopening:
Cincanta Weyr