Pern-dragon(s)

Come and show off your masterpieces!

Moderators: Mystic Dragon, Xalia, Shard, Dray

Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Pern-dragon(s)

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Working on my coloring..trying out a new style. I may give some of these away, I dunno. If I do, I'll sharpen up the linart before I color it again:
(PNG. Make take a second to load.)

Any opinions or pointers?
Shard
Great Wyrm

Post by Shard »

It's cute! I love the muzzle :) What an expression! The pose is good, in general.

I'm a big fan of cleaned up lines, myself. Not so much a fan of crosshatching, but that's a style you might choose to use because it's just as valid as anything else (i just don't care for it much).

The foreleg is a little thin, compared to its right side companion, and the darker blue-violet bits are a little haphazard. They don't suit the tealy-aqua blue very well for shading, really.
Author of Repurposed
kshau-protectorate.com
Astra
Ancient Dragon

Post by Astra »

Wow, that's pretty cool! I like the kind of sketchy style, personally, it's kind of original and nifty. You've really improved a lot since the last time I saw any of your stuff (which, granted, was AGES ago ... I haven't been very active on the forum lately :P ) Will we be able to adopt any of these lovelies any time soon?
ImageImageImage
Asha Wermyst
Dragon

Post by Asha Wermyst »

Thanks. I've been practicing lots, I'm glad it's finally paying off.
Yeah, I don't like the bits of purple-blue myself. I was just trying it on to see how it looked..I don't think I'll be doing it again. It does look kind of funny.
I'm working on a real Pern-weyr right now..it doesn't take as much work as other settings on account of already being all made up, which is good because I'm pretty busy. I may color some of these this weekend and do a giveaway, though. It mostly depends on how much homework I end up with tomorrow. I already have a whole list of Spanish words to memorize.
Silver Midnight
Dragon

Post by Silver Midnight »

That's really nifty. :D
Still gaming? Take a look at Atonement RPI.